Mails deleted when read

Hi

This is a strange one if I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed
it.

When some messages are read the messages then disappears after closing.  It
is not a meeting it is just a normal mail messages there are no Rules or
Alerts running.

It's not even in the deleted items or the recovery of deleted items.

If anyone knows of the answer to this that would be great

Thanks Shona

0
Student.2 (9)

Deleting Data in Sample database Northwind traders
I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with the software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data. Is this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample data included? I don't have months to learn how to use it Thanks Brad Dalton Create a brand new blank database. Then import all objects from the Northwind database into yours. On the import objects screen for tables make sure that you import "definition only." ...

Sending Mail problems
client, Outlook 2002, SP2 server, Exchange 5.5, SP4 When I send an email it just sits in the Outbox until I click on either my Inbox, another email, or another folder, then the email will send from the Outbox and appear in the Sent Items. Also, I constantly need to hit Send/Receive to check for new emails. I checked all my settings and Outlook is setup to send/receive Immediately when connected. Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm having the same problem and also posted the same question (about an hour after you did, as it turns out). If someone res...

Reading Pane Settings

cannot update. DB or object is read-only 3027
I use Access2007. The codes are: str = "select StudID, Email from qryTest;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(str, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges) rst.MoveFirst Do While Not rst.EOF Call ManipulateData(rst("StudID")) 'call a sub-procedure rst.Edit rst("Email") = True rst.Update rst.MoveNext Loop rst.Close Set rst = Nothing DB.Close Set DB = Nothing ---- The error pops up at rst.Edit saying "cannot update. Database or object is read-only 3027". Can you help me to identify the problem? Thank you. "Ti...

Memory Cell Could Not Be "READ."
I have Money 2K, WINXP Home, and until about a week ago I had no problems updating. Now, most of the time, when I try to update the Internet Information, I get an error message which reads: The instruction at "0x600bb01c" referenced memory at "0x00000007" The memory could not be "read." Click OK to terminate the program. When this happens, my modem lights flicker as if it is trying to get a response, but isn't getting one. After 10 seconds or so, I get the above message. Every few days it works fine. I have Fidelity as a investment, and I can always...

Deleting rows #6
Hi all How can I delete rows below my work area? Someone's selected loads of rows (upto 6000) and saved the workbook. Any advice would be appreciated Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select entire row directly below your work area, Hit the delete key, save file. Though this will not actually delete the rows, it will reset the last row number used to assist in scrolling through your work area "Joey >" <<Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com... : Hi all : : How can I delete rows below my w...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create an application for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has a panic button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. I have been trying to find a technical solution for this feature but it has proven to be much harder than I thought. The problem is that the physical executable file is locked and can't be deleted as long as the executable is running. I found some quite interesting articles explaining the problem in more detail and also explaining some possibl...

how do I import my address book from another e-mail account
I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my outlook account. How do I do this Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920E815F-A2D0-4578-AA74-D2CD6D138E05@microsoft.com... >I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need > to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my > outlook account. How do I do this ...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

delete pivot table
Hello, Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resides on. thanks bill Select the pivot table and do edit>clear>all -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "billq" <bill.quigg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c7udneOu4-eac3bcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hello, > Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my > method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resid...

attachments become unreadable and mail turns to winmail.dat
Hi, Since I upgraded part of the organisation to win2k3 AD and 3 out of 6 servers tot exch2k3 I'm having problems with users using outlook2000 to send mail with PDF-attachments. At first send half up to three quarters of the addressees reply that the attachment is unreadable, if you forward the message which was originally sent to these users they can read it most of the time, sometimes a third forward is required. Any ideas what might be the problem. Apparently outlook Xp and Outlook 2003 don't have this problem. Furthermore, since last week some mails have their attachments...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download #2
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I let Mone...

How to make my email address in my signature block a mail hyperlink?
Why can't I make my email address in my signature block of my Outlook 2000 appear as a hyperlink? In other words, it looks like my email addy but when someone clicks on it I want it to bring up the new mail message window with my email address already filled in. Try prefixing yer address with mailto: as in mailto:spin@spin.com That seems to works even in OL's plain text mode. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:09:28 +0100, "DL" <david.littleboy@DONTBUGMEpgen.net> wrote: >Yr email address is allready contained in any mail you send,ie 'reply', why >would you...

Deleted Messages...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2000 Premium If a user deleted all their items from within their SENT ITEMS folder and then emptied the DELETED ITEMS folder, is there any way at all to recover those messages? Thanx. Deleted item retention stores these for a number of days.. Outlook -> Tools -> Recover Deleted Items. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

DELETE IN External DB
Kinda like Suspicious SQL but this is DELETE... DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN '" & C:\RED\Reddy.mdb & "' " & _ "WHERE (((tblPay.PayNameID)=[Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID]));" DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) Where does the IN part go? Thanks DS I think you have the position correct, just not the syntax. DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN 'C:\RED\Reddy.mdb' " _ & "WHERE tblPay.PayNameID=" _ & [Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID] DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) You could also use...

Deleting emails
I am unable to delete a email I have received. I just get a message saying "an error has occurred". Can anybody tell me what to do please. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about using queries in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Windows Vista Mail?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Chrissy" <christinebown@blueyonder.co.uk>...

Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007 (using IMAP settings) and Windows 7. When I delete an e-mail in Outlook, a line appears through the message and it disappears after a few seconds but the message does not get moved to the deleted (Outlook and IMAP) files folder. I have checked for the deleted message in my IMAP deleted files and/or trash folder via webmail as well as in the Outlook deleted folder. I have unchecked the auto archive and the option to purge the folder on exiting in Outlook. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Could it be something in my settings? Is this a bug? Thank yo...

POP mail Inbox in Outlook 2007
I recently installed Outlook 2007 (on an XP Pro SP2 box) and imported all my mail from Outlook Express. This worked fine. I'm used to using Outlook with Exchange Server at work which has a Mailbox containing Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk Mail, etc at the top with lots of Personal folders underneath; but at home I'm using POP/SMTP mail and all the folders are grouped together. With the way the mail folders are set up now, the Inbox is halfway down the (alphabetically-sorted) list instead of at the top of the list the way it used to be in Outlook Express. Can I detach the...

Cannot sign into money AND windows lived ID says there is no such e-mail as I was using as my Windows Live ID
Tonight when I logged into Money Essentials, my user ID, which is a hotmail address came up but the password (which I did have written down elsewhere) came up blank. After a couple attempts to sign in with correct password, I went to my hotmail account, which took me to a windows live id web page, which informs me there is no such e-mail. What can I do to get access to my data again? Help! TIA Jim addendum.... I created the same hotmail ID and password again but Money is still not happy. Do hotmail accounts disappear if not used for mail? I never did use the mail portion. On Sun, 18 Jan...

External Mail problem
Hello All. I am having a problem with receiving mail from external sources. I have a security group with it's own email address to which all members receive messages sent to the group. My problem is when an external user attempts to send an email to the group's email address, they receive error 550 "No such user". How do I enable this group to receive mail from external sources Thanks. ...

Using Outlook to read from a https web account
Is it possible to add an email account with a https address? I have tried adding an account via Email Accounts => Add New Account => HTTP with no success ( I tried with and without the secure password option). I have successfully registered "standard" http accounts previously. TIA, -dan ...

How to insert a hyperlink to a CRM record into an E-mail created via workflow
Thought this might be of interest to folks here. Dynamics CRM 3.0 has a new way to add data from fields in CRM entities using what are called "slugs". This is a pretty simple way to get data into an E-mail that is created in response to some event. However, you may have discovered that there is a very limited subset of the fields available as slugs. Even some bits of data that were easily accessible in CRM 1.2 Workflow are not available as slugs in 3.0. This tutorial will show you a quick and easy way to insert a hyperlink to a CRM record into an E-mail created via workflo...

can't delete sent mail
I cannot delete my sent mail, and I tried moving to anothre folder to see if i could delete from there, but it didn't work wither- I can delete anything else. These are in your Sent Items folder? Clear your Deleted Items folder, run Compact Now and then scanpst.exe on your pst-file. Now try to delete them by SHIFT+DELETE -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Patty" <pattysteele70@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2dbf01c47e3d$4d7...

Attach mail to NDR
Hello is there any possibility to attach the non-delivered eMail to the NDR sent to the sender ? Exchange Server 2003 If you open the NDR you should be able to click "Send Again" this will give you access to the undelivered email. "Marco Solinger" <MarcoSolinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F49A207-53F2-4C3A-BE45-3AF962F5F825@microsoft.com... > Hello > > is there any possibility to attach the non-delivered eMail to the NDR sent > to the sender ? > > Exchange Server 2003 No, this gives me just the possibility to re-sen...