Mail...

Why is it that some mail in my inbox and in folders is not immediately
available when clicking on the message? Instead, I have to wait for it to
download.

Is there a setting I could change so that all mail remains fully downloaded
at all times?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
0
LJSNYC (10)

LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a setting I could change so that all mail remains fully downloaded
>at all times?

in 2003 (you never mentioned your version):
Tools/Options/Send-Receive/Edit

Look for the options involving downloading headers.
0
unclegrumpy (296)
1/9/2008 8:21:16 AM
LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Why is it that some mail in my inbox and in folders is not immediately
> available when clicking on the message? Instead, I have to wait for
> it to download.

Because that's you configured Outlook.

> Is there a setting I could change so that all mail remains fully
> downloaded at all times?

Modify the settings in your Send/Receive group to download your messages
when Outlook performs a send/receive.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/9/2008 1:33:53 PM
Thanks to both UG and you.

Now that I adjusted the settings the Send/Receive process takes quite a bit
of time. If the e-mails have been downloaded, why does it take so long to
send/receive each and every time?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Why is it that some mail in my inbox and in folders is not immediately
> > available when clicking on the message? Instead, I have to wait for
> > it to download.
>
> Because that's you configured Outlook.
>
> > Is there a setting I could change so that all mail remains fully
> > downloaded at all times?
>
> Modify the settings in your Send/Receive group to download your messages
> when Outlook performs a send/receive.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
LJSNYC (10)
1/9/2008 4:54:01 PM
LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Now that I adjusted the settings the Send/Receive process takes quite
> a bit of time. If the e-mails have been downloaded, why does it take
> so long to send/receive each and every time?

I can'ty judge what you mean by "quite a bit" and there are a number of
factors that influence the send/receive time.  Since I can't see your PC,
I'm unable to suggest which may be the deciding factor for you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/9/2008 10:36:32 PM
Here are additional details:

When I click send/receive the process takes longer than it before.

Additionally, all of the e-mails in all my folders are not fully downloaded.

What can I do to rectify the above?

Please let me know.

Thanks again.
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Now that I adjusted the settings the Send/Receive process takes quite
> > a bit of time. If the e-mails have been downloaded, why does it take
> > so long to send/receive each and every time?
>
> I can'ty judge what you mean by "quite a bit" and there are a number of
> factors that influence the send/receive time.  Since I can't see your PC,
> I'm unable to suggest which may be the deciding factor for you.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
LJSNYC (10)
1/13/2008 12:38:00 AM
LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I click send/receive the process takes longer than it before.

How is this any more detailed than "quite a bit"?

> Additionally, all of the e-mails in all my folders are not fully
> downloaded.

Do you see any progress at all?  Perhaps you have a message in your server
mailbox that's giving Outlook fits.  Use your webmail interface to the
server and see if there are any extra large messages in the mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/13/2008 8:39:12 PM
I'm sure the send/receive process is taking a bit longer than I would like
because I have 10 or so folders and quite a bit of e-mail in each.

However, there are messages in both my inbox and folders that are not fully
downloaded even though I selected that option in the send/receive settings.
Is that odd?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When I click send/receive the process takes longer than it before.
>
> How is this any more detailed than "quite a bit"?
>
> > Additionally, all of the e-mails in all my folders are not fully
> > downloaded.
>
> Do you see any progress at all?  Perhaps you have a message in your server
> mailbox that's giving Outlook fits.  Use your webmail interface to the
> server and see if there are any extra large messages in the mailbox.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
LJSNYC (10)
1/13/2008 9:52:00 PM
LJSNYC <LJSNYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm sure the send/receive process is taking a bit longer than I would
> like because I have 10 or so folders and quite a bit of e-mail in
> each.
>
> However, there are messages in both my inbox and folders that are not
> fully downloaded even though I selected that option in the
> send/receive settings. Is that odd?

I can't form in my mind a picture of exactly what you're describing.  I also
cannot put a value to "taking a bit longer than I would like."  I've asked
you twice now to describe the symptoms specifically and you don't seem
willing to do so.  I'm sorry, but I can't help you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

how do I turn off the e-mail popup notification?
I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The little envelope is sufficient notification. You can change the notification options here: Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE35B56-73F3-4CDC-B5EE-6AB731AC936F@microsoft.com... >I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The >little > envelope is sufficient notification. ...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

cannot Delete message in Junk mail folder
We are using Exchange 2003 and Veritas backup exec to back up exchange. I had an email in my Junk email folder that were corrupt files and as a result there was on error message on the backup log. So I set my Junk folder to delete automatically and not save any message in junk folder. My folder is empy when viewed through outlook. The next day my backup showed the same message rederencing the same email message that I thought was deleted. So, using Veritas backup exec I thought I could correct this problem by not including my junk folder in the daily backup. Still get the error message ...

Blocking and Unblocking e-mails cause e-mails to be deleted?
Does anyone know if blocking or unblocking e-mails can delete a folder with e-mails? I'm tring to help a friend who thinks she lost when she was unblocking some e-mail addresses. Her e-mail address came up automatically when she was unblocking and that she clicked on yes for blocking herself and therefore lost all of her messages. I wouldn't think it would be possible to block yourself but does anyone know for sure? And if so would that delete your e-mails? I guess the most important question is can you recover the lost e-mails? Thanks for your help, Jerry No, outlook...

Where do I begin with mail merge and letters or postcards
Hi, I'm used to using Word to perform all mail merge taks. How do I create a letter, insert fields and use mail merge? I've looked through the Help section in Publisher 2003, but it isn't as informative and user friendly as past Publishers and Word. I would like the document to include the date, name/address fields, my text, and fields throughout the letter. For example: September 4, 2007 Name/Address field Dear First Name Field, Body text.... Sincerly, Me Any information will be appreciated. I have MS Publisher 2003 For Word, go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-u...

mail merge from Word
I have Word 2002 SP3 and Outlook 2002 SP3. In Outlook I use Word to compose emails. In the past I have done a mail merge between them without any problem. All of a sudden it doesn't seem to work right anymore. I set up a document in Word with a separate data source. When it is ready to be mailed, I click on Merge to Email. The "To" field is assigned the email addresses and I fill in the subject line. After I click OK, the status line tells me it is merging the records and it cycles through all of them. However, when I bring in to focus the Outlook window, nothing is happening....

mail crossing over?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C35BA0.27E2B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, sorry to bug again, but another question. I noticed, that if I don't create a separate entity for each mail = account, the mail on one is also shown on another sometimes, if they are = on the same identity. I'm not sure why that is....anyone else having = this trouble? I could just make identities for all of them but that = would make for many, and making several accounts under each woul...

8.0 Word Mail Merge
Has anyone got any experience working with the Word Mail Merge Feature? I am trying to get it working for a division in the UK. When setting the sender phone number, 12345 67890 it automatically formats it as (123)456-7890. It needs to be 12345 67890. I tried to enter a picture mask : {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# ##########} it returns - 456 If I try {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# "##########"} (123) 456-7890 No idea why.... anyone ideas? ...

Can't send e-mail through POP3 account
Help, I have another outlook client that has pop3 mail clients set up. If I use the test facility it is all ok, everything passes. If I send a mail I get error 550 relay not permitted but I recieve mail ok regards, Simon Willcox You may need to authenticate against the SMTP Server, go into the Properties of the Account and you should see a Tab for Outgoing Server, place a check in My outgoing server requires authentication and see if this helps. "Simon Willcox" <starksoftware@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKRboDXLGHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Help, I h...

Printing E-mails
When I print an outgoing or incoming e-mail, I don't get the "To," "Cc," or "Subject" lines on the printed copy. How can I include them? Using Microsoft Outlook 2002 within Office XP (not Outlook Express). ...

Forwarding E-Mails without Openning??
I though this was posted yesterday, ... but let's try this again: Is there any way Outlook could automatically FORWARD e-mails to another email address (e.g., my cell phone) without having to open the e-mail first? I know a Rule could be setup to forward e-mails AFTER they are opened, but I would like this to happen when I am not at my computer. ...

Exchange (2003SP1?) NDR mail loop BUG
I suspect this is not a new Exchange problem, but here goes: 1) If you (for instance) create an e-mail enabled public folder 2) Add rules which forwards e-mails to users in the organization from the mail enabled public folder 3) Disable a user, which receives e-mail from the public folder 4) Send an e-mail to the public folder 5) When the rule in the public folder forwards the e-mail to the disabled user a NDR is generated which is returned to the public folder (as an e-mail) 6) Goto 5 Need I say more? After doing some message tracking in Exchange it is very clear that the Exchange...

E2K send external mail to my domain #2
We use E2K Server in our organization, and external e-mail server. Domain names of internal E2K and external servers are the same: dc.a.com and a.com. Some of our workers works remotely and they have accounts on external servers. I disable "... responsible for all mail", and user@a.com go to the SMTP server... and then - to external server a.com But when I try to create common contact with e-mail address - errror 5.4.6 appears again. Is exist any way to send external mail to a.com using Exchange common contact? Thanks, DD ...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Upload speed of e mails
I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to ADSL which is obviously much faster.The e mails however still send at snail pace, Is the sending speed of OE fixed in some way? Just curious to know. tia Joe Are you virus scanning emails? Turn it off. You may have to uninstall and reinstall to completely remove the email scanning. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message news:#hXvowFkKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to > ADSL wh...

Mail downloading as "opened"
I have Outlook 2002. I just set up a user account on a new computer and the mail has rules sending it to the individual folders. When I download the mail it goes to the specified folders, but doesn't remain unopened, so I don't know when there is new mail. All my mail is being "opened" when downloading. How do I correct this? Thanks! __________________ Stacey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Cant see mail properties on users
Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do something wrong? Thanks. On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:52:01 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I >do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do >something wrong? > >Thanks. You mean in ADUC? Use the EMC to view that info instead. ...

Don't Get All My Mail
I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000SP-3. I am not getting all of the same emails on Outlook 2000 that I get in Outlook Express. It is not a filtering problem. Can anyone help me. I also use IE6 with SBC as my ISP and also don't get the same messages as I get in Express. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make Outlook 2000 as my default, but I'm afraid I will not get all of my mail until this is fixed. You can post here or reply to me directly.... alphalandscape@sbcglobal.net Do you have OE set for the accts to Leave Mail on Server? If not, OE will remo...