mail.comcast.net box to enter username and password pops up every 15 seconds

I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15 seconds
(we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and password pops
up. I had him call Comcast for help, and they said it's a VPN issue,
and they can't help.
Any ideas on how to get this annoyance to go away? I'm terrible at
remote help, and he's very computer illiterate :). Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Jilly

0
Jilly4 (2)

Jilly <Jilly4@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15
> seconds (we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and
> password pops up. I had him call Comcast for help, and they said it's
> a VPN issue, and they can't help.
> Any ideas on how to get this annoyance to go away? I'm terrible at
> remote help, and he's very computer illiterate :). Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.

Often removing the account and readding it or creating a new mail profile
will correct this problem.
Also, see some of the articles here:
<http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=2520&query=password+prompt&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=4&ast=7&mode=a&adv=1>
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Spam (mail que delay)
Hi we are getting spam emails and we are using gfi, everything fine but the mails are in que (lot of spam email) how to reduce the delay? is there any block list ip's avilable? so we can block form our IDP. or is there anything we can do more? Thanks Gopi ...

Mail to a public folder is set as IPM.Post instead of IPM.Note...H
Article ID: 292484, 830961 Running Exchange 2000 (Cluster) SP3 with August rollup (KB870540). The following articles point to a hotfix on Article 827555 but we already have the August 2004 rollup. Any suggestions on resolving this issue? Thanks Nelson Did you configure the registry key? You have to install the roll-up and then configure the following reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<ServerName>\Public-<GUID> registry subkey with the value name Incoming defaults to IPM.Note and the value data 1 (one). If you've done that and ...

log on box
How do I elimniate the log on box asking for a password from appearing everytime time I open Outlook Express (version 6). I have windows 98SE Thank You Ralph wick@cableaz.com ...

How to stop getting the file save box when running a macro
I am running a macro that take a few minutes. Half way through I get a box saving do you want to save the file whith the normal 'Skip, Cancel' options. How can I stop getting this whilst the macro is running? Thanks It sounds as if Autosave is kicking in. You would need to turn it off while your code is running. Here are some routines I wrote a long time ago for that purpose. I hope they work with your Excel version these days but, fwiw... Sub DisableAutosave() ToggleAutoSave False End Sub Sub EnableAutosave() ToggleAutoSave True End Sub Sub ToggleAutoSave(Setting ...

Windows Mail Spellcheck 08-08-10
Really old software, like Outlook Express for example, was able to provide a good quality UK English Spellcheck, but not Windows Mail, the only English is US or American English, which has numerous spelling problems for the rest of the world. When will Microsoft make a gesture and accomodate the software buyers of the world and offer them correct English, not a version of it? It has been done before, why not now, or can we get rid of Windows mail and get Outlook Express back again, that works? -- hodroyd Outlook Express never had a spell check of its own. Development and pro...

"select" external e-mails disappear after exchange SMTP detected them...
hi, help! i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch admin :) we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes: 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's): our situation is: 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix ...

old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail
Hey well, i hope someone can help me. back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp and it was good. I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from the pop3 or webmail places i went to. over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different machines. eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i did. when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for me. i figured, it was the sam...

"unable to opne your default e mail address"
I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? Might try going thru the Mail applet in the control panel to remove/add/edit your e-mail account settings. "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB10E0BA-0557-4527-87FD-4CE7CA267739@microsoft.com... I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Forwarding Mail from Public Folders using OWA (Exch 2003)
Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major limitation to me. John LeMay wrote: > Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA > in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward > option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major > limitation to me. So I did some additional poking around. Seems this is "by design" according to MS: http://sup...

limiting where smtp mail can be sent
Hi All, I have a situation where an employee is leaving our office to work for what use to be his client, so now he is the client. It's a very amicable relationship and we are allowing him to use applications in house over citrix until they are setup at his office with the same apps, including Outlook. We do however want to limit him to only emailing himself at his new company. So, for instance, bsmith@abc.com can only email himself at bsmith@def.com. Can I do this within Exchange System Mgr or some other way? Thanks in advance for you help. Chris On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:40:37 -040...

old email now Word template for all new e-mails?
I use Outlook 2000 and recently began getting an old e- mail at the beginning of every new e-mail I start and also every time I click 'reply'. I've looked at the normal.dot template in Word -- it appears to be blank. Where is this old e-mail living that it pastes itself on all new emails and replys? Many thanks, Paulette See if you can find an email.dot file -- I think that's what WordMail in Office 2000 used for mail messages, rather than normal.dot. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only...

Saving Outlook E-Mail Attachment #2
You can browse but it will not let you change folders. You can see all the available folders when you browse but you cannot get to them. Has anyone seen this problem before? "you browse but you cannot get to them" This doesn't make much sense to me as browsing is walking through the folders. Also you forgot to mention your version of Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Exch 2003 with Exch 5.5 internet mail gateway
I have a new exchange server 2003, with an exchange server 5.5 running the internet mail gateway. Users with mailboxes on the new exchange 2003 server get mail from the internet up to several hours after it comes in. Is there a way to speed this up? I'm sure that there is because that kind of delay is not normal. But I cannot suggest how you might do that based on the limited information you have posted. I suggest you start by examining the headers of a delayed received message and see if you can determine which hop is delayed. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

I can not delete a JUNK mail from my INBOX and Outlook get freeze
I'm using Outlook 2002, and there is a message with subject:Failure Notice, with size 104 MB, that I can not delete, move or copy from my INBOX to other folder, and Oulook is freeze when I try to open or preview this message. How can I do in order to clean this junk message? or What is the error and the resolution procedure? Please send also your answers to luis_cardoza@hotmail.com Thank, Luis Cardoza try holding shift and deleting -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

add second domain to Excahnge 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server with one domain, 123@domain.com. I need to add another domain to receive email for another organization, xyz@domain2.org. How do I set this up and differentiate between the two domains. Some users will have an email address in both domains. How do I manage that? ex. john@domain.com and john@domain2.org I know I need to set up the MX record of the second domain, I'm really asking about the Exchange server settings. This is a useful article on this subject (applies to E2K3 as well): http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html -- Neil Hobson Ex...

Need Help Removing Browsed Pages From Edit Hyperlink Box
I created a Hyperlink to retrieve stock market data from a webpage. When I was editing the Hyperlink, I noticed that there are some nasty adult webpages listed when I clicked on "Browsed Pages" of the Edit Hyperlink dialog box. Is there anyway to remove these links and webpages from my system? Clearing your history might work. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools|Internet Options..|Clear History ...

Email to a number of people but only have receiver's name in to box
Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in the to field? Would this have something to do with mail merge? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > I'm using Outlook 98. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > ...

Sending Mail with Outlook
When I click send, it goes very slowly. When I check progress, it is ever so slow. In article <A7BEE788-4801-43AA-BBB0-DEED6EFF3080@microsoft.com>, cbaker001@sympatico.ca says... > > When I click send, it goes very slowly. When I check progress, it is ever so > slow. provide some information! - Outlook version, OS, internet connection type and speed. -- Duncan. ...

Mythical unread mails
Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the unread mail folder is empty. If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 increases to 3. When I read the new mail and close the box, the figure reverts to 2. This is very irritating! Any ideas how to cure this? Thanks On Dec 9, 11:17=A0pm, coxwall <coxw...@waitrose.com> wrote: > Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the > unread mail folder is empty. =A0If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 > increases to 3. When I =A0read the new mail and close the box, the > figure ...

Hey every one, Can I ask you a question?
Hey every one, Can I ask you a question? Have you ever scratched one or more of your electrical devices? (Coz I know I have) And would rather buy a protector for it, then replace the whole thing? (It took me awhile but I found something that fits that criteria) Please check out my blog at http://zaggshield.blogspot.com/ ...

text boxes lose formatting, size, and placement
I am using Office 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I am working with text boxes and I am having the following problems: 1. When I scroll the text box loses its size, place, and sometimes the text in the box. 2. When I toggle betwee show/hide formatting marks, the same thing happens. 3. The Position button options do not place the text box as expected. Is this a beta issue? Is there some default I need to reset? BTW: the document has sections and columns if that is important to know. Thanks...plc This appears to be a display issue. Word makes surprisingly large demands on the displ...

e-mail dragged and dropped to Personal Folder
Good afternoon! I have a somewhat strange question. We support a lot of different environments, most of which use Exchange Server. We do have a couple of clients that have their e-mail hosted by a third party and simply configure Outlook (almost all Outlook 2003) to use the local .pst file (well, in most places that is changed to a networked location). A user at one of those locations is dragging individual e-mail messages form the Inbox to the "Personal Folder" (at the very top). I do not understand why he is doing this.....but he is. Anyway, where are those individual e...

Web mail not working correctly, KB 275186
Hi there, I am having problems with accessing my web mail in Outlook. The problem seems to have appeared all of a sudden and I am unsure what has caused it. My web emails are not being collected, nor can I send any, if I try to connect to the HTTP server manually in Outlook by pressing the "Connect to ...." menu option I am prompted with the following error message, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" According to web based resources I can only find a reference to this error in KB 275186, but it does not mention HTTP server problems in th...

Change Combo Box on Sub
I am using Access 2002. I'm creating a database for education and I created a main form for Vendors and linked a subform for Courses they offer. Some Vendors only offer one class but some have as many as 75. When I choose the Vendor on my main form all of the Courses appear in the subform on a single form. For those that have only one it's not a problem but for those that have 75 I have to use the navigation buttons to look through them. I added a combo box but the list has all the Courses, 208, for all the Vendors. I would just like to see the classes that go with ...

outlook 2007 wont open after sending photo to mail recepient
Have tried to snnd a photo from pictures within Vista by richt clicking on the photo and sending to mail recepient and now i can,t open up outlook 2007 .. Your help would be greatley appreciated. Regards David do you get any error messages? Make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab a few minutes after you close it. If it is, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe...