Example:
From: "Some sender ID text <someone@somewhere.xx>"
Now I would like to be able to sort based on the complete from-string.

- - -

3)
Are these features more integrated in the newer Outlook platforms (2002,
2003)?

--

Best regards, Lars O

0
name9628 (1)

1) Outlook doesn't support it but antispam programs should.
2) use exlife from ornic.com
3) was it necessary to send this to all of the outlook groups? (follow-up
set to ms.public.outlook)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Lars O" <name@domain.invalid> wrote in message
>I have some questions for Outlook 2000:
>
> - - - - -
>
> 1)
> I prefer to validate incoming mails using rules checking the sender
> against
> a whitelist of addresses and domains. To my knowledge this is rather
> unhandy to implement in Outlook 2000 because the addresses must
> be in my addressbook/contact which can not contain domains only
> addresses.
> Hereby I have to maintain a long list of rules just for this validation
> purpose.
>
> I wonder if there is a possibility somehow for using simple textfiles
> (1 or 2) containg valid addresses and domains handled by 1 or 2 rules.
> Or maybe there is another way around it.
>
> Alternatively I could use an external mail validation program. Do you know
> any with the described functionality?
>
> - - -
>
> 2)
> Based on the content of the from-field in received messages I would like
> sort the mails into specific folders.
> It is not only the senders address but the whole content I need to sort.
> Can I do that using Outlook rules?
>
> Example:
> From: "Some sender ID text <someone@somewhere.xx>"
> Now I would like to be able to sort based on the complete from-string.
>
> - - -
>
> 3)
> Are these features more integrated in the newer Outlook platforms (2002,
> 2003)?
>
> --
>
> Best regards, Lars O

0
info2937 (567)

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

Sorting with rules
Hi have faced the following problem: I should sort a big amount of dat according to the the column A (Soils), but NOT in alphabetic order. Th order I need is shown below. I am considering to use some kind of macro which is checking the name of a value in column A(FAO) and if is e. "Lithic leptosol" the row will be moved to the top position and so on Anyone knows a ready made code sample for this kind of purpose? A | B | C FAO | AREA Ha | MAPSHEET Lithic Leptosol | 432...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Validation rule to prevent overlapping time periods
I have a table: InactID-AutoNumber PreceptorID-Number InactStart-Date/Time InactEnd-Date/Time I don't want records that have overlapping time periods for a PreceptorId. I tried: [InactStart] < (DLookUp("[InactEnd]","tblInactive","[PreceptorID]=" & [PreceptorID] & " and [InactID]=" & [InactID]-1)) but found that the DLOOKUP function was not permitted in a table validation rule. Any suggestions? You won't be able to use a table validation rule here. Instead, use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the *form* where the data...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

Rules #28
Hi, My OS is Windows 95 english with Outlook 97, how to setup the Rules to filter the Junk Mail, no Exchange Server is installed. Thanks Jimmy On 27 Apr 2004 16:58, "Jw" <jwhk3@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My OS is Windows 95 english with Outlook 97, how to setup the Rules to >filter the Junk Mail, no Exchange Server is installed. > >Thanks >Jimmy You'd probably be better off with either a 3rd party spam filter or upgrading to a more recent version of Outlook. Baring either of those solutions you just want to create rules that search the body of ...

Permission to use object denied.
I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights. The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following message; "Permission to use object denied". Hi Shannon............ It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro is calling and your user does not have rights to it. I think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com>...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Data Validation, Via A Formula
Is there a way to apply data validation to one cell, based on the result of another cell? For instance, if in A1, a data validation list displays sports (ie baseball, basketball,etc), and if the user selects "Baseball", then the data validation in B1 would only list baseball teams, from the range named baseball teams. And if basketball is selected, then only basketball teams are displayed. If at all possible, could this be done via a formula and WITHOUT using VB? If not, I could also use any help to accomplish this via VB coding. Any and all help will be appreciated...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

Using Outlook on a MAC
Does anyone know why I can't forward HTML email with Outlook on my MAC? It is received ok but when I forward it, it goes out as text and all the formatting and images are gone. I'd appreciate the help. ...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...