mail stuck in the outbox

does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003,

If i need to open the email before it gets sent.  It seems to lose it's date
(it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox.

The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit send
again.

I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this.

thanks

0
meglmt (6)

This is normal. It allows you to "stop" an e-mail from being sent if you
catch it in time.

You do not need to change the view back to inbox, just open the mail and
click send. Then don't open it if you want it to send.

"Meg" <meglmt@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003,
>
> If i need to open the email before it gets sent.  It seems to lose it's
> date (it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox.
>
> The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit
> send again.
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this.
>
> thanks

0
Drew (58)
5/26/2006 10:41:43 PM
to add to this, if you do need to move it to send, it's caused by an addin -
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Drew D" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is normal. It allows you to "stop" an e-mail from being sent if you
> catch it in time.
>
> You do not need to change the view back to inbox, just open the mail and
> click send. Then don't open it if you want it to send.
>

> "Meg" <meglmt@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003,
>>
>> If i need to open the email before it gets sent.  It seems to lose it's
>> date (it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox.
>>
>> The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit
>> send again.
>>
>> I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this.
>>
>> thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/27/2006 4:09:10 AM
no such luck, it get's stuck

--
Meg Darnell, LMT, CD
Director of Alumni Services

"Drew D" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is normal. It allows you to "stop" an e-mail from being sent if you
> catch it in time.
>
> You do not need to change the view back to inbox, just open the mail and
> click send. Then don't open it if you want it to send.
>

> "Meg" <meglmt@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003,
>>
>> If i need to open the email before it gets sent.  It seems to lose it's
>> date (it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox.
>>
>> The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit
>> send again.
>>
>> I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this.
>>
>> thanks

0
Meg
6/20/2006 2:26:33 PM
switch to another folder before pressing send - if you have certain addins
installed you can't resend when the outbox is open.

"Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
> no such luck, it get's stuck
>
> --
> Meg Darnell, LMT, CD
> Director of Alumni Services
> Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences
> 212-924-5900 x142
>

> "Drew D" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> This is normal. It allows you to "stop" an e-mail from being sent if you
>> catch it in time.
>>
>> You do not need to change the view back to inbox, just open the mail and
>> click send. Then don't open it if you want it to send.
>>

>> "Meg" <meglmt@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003,
>>>
>>> If i need to open the email before it gets sent.  It seems to lose it's
>>> date (it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox.
>>>
>>> The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit
>>> send again.
>>>
>>> I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this.
>>>
>>> thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Importing Mail from Thunderbird
Hello all. I want to be able to import all my email from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook 2003. The entire reason that I was using Thunderbird to begin with is my Outlook 2000 wasn't shutting down properly.\ I have since upgraded to Office 2003 and switched back to Outlook, and I want to bring my mail back over. Anyone know how to go about doing this? TIA, Jason http://www.slipstick.com/config/e2mtips.htm Converting Internet messages to Exchange or Outlook http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm Converting Messages and Calendars http://www.slipstick.com/config/convert.htm Converti...

centralized management of mail forwarding, out of office replys, i
hi there, -is ist possible to allow/disallow mailforwarding and out of office reply to the internet by USER? ex2k: i can only find that point by DOMAIN not by USER or Groups -is there any way for centralized management of all "mail-forwardings" and "OoO-Replys", for documentation purposes, maybe 3rdparty? tia rt ...

Mails are not downloading to outlook from exchange server
Hi I have configured outlook2003 to my exchange server. Im getting login screen, It is keep on trying to download the mails from my server and finally it gives the error, Exchange server unavailable My Exchange server also 2003 version. The client side I'm using windowsXP is the OS and office 2003. Mails are Not downloading. But I installed windows 2000 and office2003 ..the same id was working fine also I installed windows Xp and officeXp .the same id was working fine.. But Mails are not downloading only If I install windows Xp and office 2003. I have tried cached mode and...

Problems with Word as e-mail editor
When Word is used as an e-mail editor in my Outlook 2002 everything freezes. It all works fine when using regular e-mail formats and not Word. Anyone else had this issue and knows how to handle it? Thanks in advance! S I have found the possible solution to the problem. If you have Norton Antivirus 2003 installed read the Microsoft KnowledgeBase item listed here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;329820 (just cut and paste this address into your address field.) It states when your turn off the Norton AV plug-in you will again have use of Word as your Out...

How do I add <next record> field in a mail merge?
(1) Please use the large white space to ask your question. (2) What is it you're trying to do? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD0EDAB2-9926-4F49-AE99-259BD4731F08@microsoft.com... > Publisher does not support Next Record or other mail merge fields like this. You can use the Catalog Merge in Publisher 2003, or you can get Publisher to tile multiple records on one page (e.g. for business cards) by setting the page size to less than half the paper size in either direction. -- Ed Benn...

delivery point barcode on word mailing labels but not publisher?
I am trying to print a delivery point barcode on a postcard in publisher but that option is not available. It is available in my word program. Any way to do it in publisher? Use the PostNetTt font. Type the numbers of the zip +4 preceded with, and end with, the exclamation point. -- Don Vancouver USA "SWSDEB" <SWSDEB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62BABA51-0CDA-41F5-894D-12902BD05AB7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a delivery point barcode on a postcard in publisher >but > that option is not available. It is available in my word ...

Outlook Mail pre-view window bigger..Calendar disappeared..Help
I'm new to Microsoft outlook and like it very much! On my outlook mail home screen I had four columns.. column 3 had a mail preview window and column 4 had a small one-month calendar. I thought I was hitting a right arrow on the calendar to change my calendar from August to September but instead my calendar disappeared and my mail preview window got bigger to use the space vacated by my calendar. Yikes! How do I get the calendar back? Outlook 2007? The right pane is called the To-Do Bar. To make it bigger again simply press the "<<" sign at the top of it. Other wa...

Unidentified Mail
Is there any way to route all mail not sent to a specific mailbox or distribution group to a public folder where it can be used or purged? Thanks. What version of Exchange Server? Randy wrote: > Is there any way to route all mail not sent to a specific > mailbox or distribution group to a public folder where it > can be used or purged? Thanks. Small Business Server, Exchange 2003. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Exchange Server? > >Randy wrote: > >> Is there any way to route all mail not sent to a specific >> mailbox or distribution...

Is there an all messages folder in mail?
Hi, Sometimes in my haste i move mails to the wrong folders and when i search for them at a later date i can't find them. In notes there was an "all documents" folder where i could quickly find it and move it to it's rightful place. Is there an alternative folder in outlook please? Many thanks, Stewart. There is not one by default but you could pretty easily create a search folder that accomplished this, and then add that search folder to your favorites pane. Jason On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 06:27:00 -0700, Millie's Dad <Millie's Dad@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Excesive junk mails to administrator acct ~
Hello all, How does one prevent junk emails such as below, they are coming in as if the email is coming from an internal address. I just deleted 5400 junk mails from the administrator account. We are using Exchange 2003 SP1 -- From: System Administrator Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:41 PM To: a64whe6f0j8hobik5ex0@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:[SPAM] ´©±¸³ª ÃÖ°í 5õ¸¸¿ø ±îÁö Çѹø¿¡ ´ëÃâÇص帳´Ï...

Mail archive
Hi Our exchange server (2000) is currently set up to archive all mail to a mailbox. I occasionally clear this mailbox out which results in deleted without being read messages being sent to internal e-mail addresses where a read receipt was requested. Is there a way to avoid this? I have searched the groups for a solution and what I found all pointed to www.grinningshark.com for software to remove read receipts but this unfortunately ceased trading on 31 Dec 2004. Thanks in advance Graeme See if Read Receipt Remover application could help: http://www.ivasoft.biz/rrr.shtml -- Regards, V...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send from Outbox
Correction to earlier post. FORWARDING MESSAGES that remain in outbox after send does work to send those messages. Original messages (that would not send) remain in Outbox and must be deleted. I have not been able to determine a pattern of why certain messages remain in Outbox and cannot be sent. Progress indicator does NOT indicate sending messages (or attempting to) and no error messages exist in program or log file. But Outlook does flag on shutdown for messages in Outbox. Again, this seems to be a bug in Outlook 2003. ...

One user unable to send external mail
Hi Running exchange 5.5 on NT4. Have one user who suddenly cannot send external mail. All external messages get instantly bounced with the following NDR Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 12/31/2003 11:34 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '<valid address>' on 12/31/2003 11:34 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=The Computer Par;l=LMW59-031231113340Z-15 MSEXCH:IMS:The Computer Partnership Ltd:TCPNT1:LMW59...

User on on Distribution List didn't get e-mail sent
Exchange 5.5 I have USER A on DistributionList 1. USER B sent mail to several distribution lists (including the DL1). Other users received e-mail in question except USER A. Any ideas why this might occur? Have you looked at Outlook views or rules? Delivery to a pst? On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:46:11 -0800, "Sheila de Dios" <sdedios@techspan.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 > >I have USER A on DistributionList 1. USER B sent mail to several >distribution lists (including the DL1). Other users received e-mail in >question except USER A. Any ideas why this might...

allow internal mail only
i need to set a group of users to only have internal mail and no external mail at all (incoming our outgoing) is this posssible ? thanks mark On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:59:44 GMT, "luna" <luna@themoon.com> wrote: >i need to set a group of users to only have internal mail and no external >mail at all (incoming our outgoing) is this posssible ? > >thanks > >mark > Indeed: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html They should give you all the right steps but if you want to come back with a tighter ques...

My e mails are not downloading. Help!
After setting up my att e mail account in Outlook 2007, it did the initial download, but since that, will not send or receive. Because of this i am currently accessing my e mail from the web, but I have set it to save them on the server. Help, please. "catheryn" <catheryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBD88F6E-285C-48DB-A306-3A043A66F7B5@microsoft.com... > After setting up my att e mail account in Outlook 2007, it did the initial > download, but since that, will not send or receive. Because of this i am > currently accessing my e ...

InterOrg with Mail Enabled accounts
We have multiple Exchange 2003 orgs in a test environment. I am trying to configure InterOrg to replicate Free/Busy info between the orgs. All of doc's talk about the need of contacts in both orgs to be able to replicate the free/busy info (I was able to do that successfully). The question here, can I use mail enabled accounts instead of contacts in both orgs to replicate free busy info? ...

Logon dialog requesting user name and password keeps me from accessing my mail. Any ideas?
I'm using Vista 64 bit and have been using WinMail (Outlook Express replacement) since I upgraded. Now, all of the sudden I'm getting the logon dialog popping up anytime I try to access my mail. Even though I did not set it up to require a logon and password when I set it up, I tried every ID and Password I've ever used and I keep getting the error msg I'm inputting the wrong ID and./or Password in. Can anyone please tell me what I can do to get rid of that dialog so I can get back into my mail? Thanks much in advance, Rob "Rob" <rbaysinger...

backup of inbox & outbox folders
Dear Sir, Presently I am using Outlook Express 6 ver. I would like to know that, if there is a facility of taking a backup or saving all the mails of my INBOX & OUTBOX folders. So that in case of any problem. I can restore my mails by copying back these folders. Please help me in this matter, as this will help me a lot. Thanks & Regards Mobby Mathews YORK India Ltd york.pune.factory@yorkrefindia.com This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: mi...

How to print e-mail to another printer in network
We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to some other printer other than my default printer? File > Print > choose another printer, if you have added that printer to your printers folder. Is that what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "DK" wrote: > We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to > some other printer other than my default printer? Unfortunately some options will still only print to the default printer. ...

HTML E-mail / Plain Text
Is there a way to send a HTML e-mail and also a plain text version through OutLook in case the recipient only aceepts plain text e-mails? Regards, Kevin ...

undeliverable mail #4
I am having undeliverable emails. I know these accounts are good, so why are they coming back to me? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: TEST Sent: 9/25/2004 9:18 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '3SA@INAME.COM' on 9/25/2004 9:18 PM 473 name@xxxx.com relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first Set your outgoing server to authenticate using the incoming server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (i...

Standard closure/beginning of a mail
Hi people, does anyone know how to make a standard beginning of a mail? And how to change the lettertype etc. of the standard closure of a mail? Or how to make a standard closure of a mail with text and a logo? Laura By a standard beginning do you mean something like Dear Sir or Madam? You could do that with Stationery in WLM. For a Standard closure I presume you mean what's called a Signature e-mail/newsgroup terms. You could include that in your custom Stationery or as a separate Signature. You could also make a template message and save that for use. This will ...

Outlook as defalut mail client
How do I set Microsoft Outlook as my default mail client? Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:050501c3de0a$12d3b750$a001280a@phx.gbl, Larry wrote: > How do I set Microsoft Outlook as my default mail client? ...

Users receiveing mail delivery failure messages
My users are receiving these error messages in their inbox and I do not know how to stop it. The email address listed in the error is the users own address. The messages show that the email is from an outside source, looks like spam. I have edited the personal information for security. From: marxxxx@yahoo.com [marxxxx@yahoo.com] Sent: Thu 4/1/2004 3:15 PM To: Kevin Caxxxx Cc: Subject: Mail Delivery (failure user@xxxxx.net) Attachments: Subject: Mail Delivery (failure user@xxxxxxx.net) ) If the message will not displa...