Mail stuck in outbox #8

Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2

Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the font
in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move it to
the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it gets stuck
again.

When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
ignores that it's in the outbox.

I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then back to
online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after the mail in
question gets hung up go through with not problem.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem.

Any ideas?

KB

0
Kalbo

Take a look here, it may help:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm

"! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
> Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2
>
> Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the
> font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move
> it to the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it
> gets stuck again.
>
> When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
> ignores that it's in the outbox.
>
> I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then back
> to online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after the mail
> in question gets hung up go through with not problem.
>
> There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem.
>
> Any ideas?

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/12/2006 4:09:42 PM
The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the mail
never gets sent.

I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.

This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big attachments so
size is not the problem.

As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit Send/Recieve,
Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send it.

KB

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> Take a look here, it may help:
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
>
> "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
>> Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2
>>
>> Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the
>> font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move
>> it to the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it
>> gets stuck again.
>>
>> When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
>> ignores that it's in the outbox.
>>
>> I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then back
>> to online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after the mail
>> in question gets hung up go through with not problem.
>>
>> There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?

0
Kalbo
9/13/2006 3:17:47 AM
I think I might have descovered the reason.

It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there and
being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be sent" switch.
So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets sent, when I hit SEND,
it saves the mail to the outbox and immediately tunrs of the "to be sent"
switch because the email is highlighted in the outbox.

How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?

KB

> The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the mail
> never gets sent.
>
> I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
>
> This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big attachments so
> size is not the problem.
>
> As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit Send/Recieve,
> Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send it.
>
> KB
>
> "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
>> Take a look here, it may help:
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
>>
>> "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
>>> Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2
>>>
>>> Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the
>>> font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move
>>> it to the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it
>>> gets stuck again.
>>>
>>> When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
>>> ignores that it's in the outbox.
>>>
>>> I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then
>>> back to online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after
>>> the mail in question gets hung up go through with not problem.
>>>
>>> There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

0
Kalbo
9/13/2006 3:34:13 AM
Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send it.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:

| I think I might have descovered the reason.
|=20
| It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
| and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
| sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
| sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
| immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
| highlighted in the outbox.=20
|=20
| How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
|=20
| KB
|=20
| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
|| The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
|| mail never gets sent.
||=20
|| I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
||=20
|| This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
|| attachments so size is not the problem.
||=20
|| As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
|| Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
|| it.=20
||=20
|| KB
||=20
|| "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
||| Take a look here, it may help:
||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
|||=20
||| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
0
MillyS (3228)
9/13/2006 3:36:43 AM
Well that's a BS answer if I ever heard one. Outlook is screwing up and you
have no answer.

So I suppose that I have to move the message from the outbox to the draft
folder in order to edit it. Right?

Same old crap. Outlook is broken and and you blame the user.

SNAFU

Kb

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send it.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:

| I think I might have descovered the reason.
|
| It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
| and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
| sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
| sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
| immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
| highlighted in the outbox.
|
| How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
|
| KB
|
| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
|| The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
|| mail never gets sent.
|| I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
|| This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
|| attachments so size is not the problem.
|| As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
|| Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
|| it.
|| KB
|| "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
||| Take a look here, it may help:
||| http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
||| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message

0
Kalbo
9/13/2006 6:38:42 AM
We should put him in the survey as 'don't know'.

> Well that's a BS answer if I ever heard one. Outlook is screwing up and
> you have no answer.
>
> So I suppose that I have to move the message from the outbox to the draft
> folder in order to edit it. Right?
>
> Same old crap. Outlook is broken and and you blame the user.
>
> SNAFU
>
> Kb
>

> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send it.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
>
> | I think I might have descovered the reason.
> |
> | It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
> | and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
> | sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
> | sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
> | immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
> | highlighted in the outbox.
> |
> | How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
> |
> | KB
> |
> | "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
> || The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
> || mail never gets sent.
> || I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
> || This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
> || attachments so size is not the problem.
> || As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
> || Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
> || it.
> || KB
> || "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message

0
aalaan (40)
9/13/2006 7:43:44 AM
! Kalbo <nonya> wrote:

> Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately
> the font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can
> sometimes move it to the draft folder and resend and it goes
> correctly, other times it gets stuck again.
>
> When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
> ignores that it's in the outbox.

One cause of this can be scanning outgoing messages with an antivirus
scanner.  If you do that, try disabling the mail scanner.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/13/2006 12:40:19 PM
Listen, when you open the message to edit it, it takes off the "send" =
flag.  When you save and close it, it does not reactivate the send flag =
as it does not know if you want to send it.  Pressing the Send button =
turns the "send" flag back on.  Outlook is not broken, just your =
knowledge of how you think it should work.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:

| Well that's a BS answer if I ever heard one. Outlook is screwing up
| and you have no answer.
|=20
| So I suppose that I have to move the message from the outbox to the
| draft folder in order to edit it. Right?
|=20
| Same old crap. Outlook is broken and and you blame the user.
|=20
| SNAFU
|=20
| Kb
|=20
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send
| it.=20
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
|=20
|| I think I might have descovered the reason.
||=20
|| It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
|| and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
|| sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
|| sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
|| immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
|| highlighted in the outbox.
||=20
|| How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
||=20
|| KB
||=20
|| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
||| The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
||| mail never gets sent.
|||=20
||| I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
|||=20
||| This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
||| attachments so size is not the problem.
|||=20
||| As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
||| Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
||| it.
|||=20
||| KB
|||=20
||| "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in
||| message news:enl4iXo1GHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
||||=20
0
MillyS (3228)
9/14/2006 1:27:01 AM
Hi !

When attempting to send Email, OR to Back-Up my Contact List,
receive the following error..."0x08004010F Object cannot be found".
want to Back-Up my Contact List, and "Un-Hang" the Email System.
believe Ms. Millie Staples knows what to do; but I'm not a pro at this
and can't generate another profile as was suggested on anothe
website...msusenet something or other.  Can you help me a little mor
please ?  Thank You !  P.S.  This problem just started-up two days ag
after almost 2 years of no problems whatsoever.  My Road Runner ISP ha
some problems; but that's the only unusual thing I noticed.  When th
Emails Lock-Up, my Digital Phone is also locked-up.  Road Runner tell
me that it's not their problem that has caused this; so I simply wante
to find out how to re-install Outlook 2003 version 11.8010.8036 SP 2

--
EdV
EdVA's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=724

I have tried all of these and it still sitting in there it just keeps saying
"can't open item. Outlook has alreay begun transmitting this message." I
don't know what to do it has cause my computer to become very slow and now it
is holding all my other messages in my out box also!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
>
> | I think I might have descovered the reason.
> |
> | It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
> | and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
> | sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
> | sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
> | immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
> | highlighted in the outbox.
> |
> | How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
> |
> | KB
> |
> | "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
> || The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
> || mail never gets sent.
> || I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
> || This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
> || attachments so size is not the problem.
> || As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
> || Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
> || it.
> || KB
> || "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message

0
Tina (84)
9/14/2006 12:46:02 PM
Tina <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have tried all of these and it still sitting in there it just keeps
> saying "can't open item. Outlook has alreay begun transmitting this
> message." I don't know what to do it has cause my computer to become
> very slow and now it is holding all my other messages in my out box
> also!

In this case, click File and check Work Offline.  Stop and restart Outlook.
Then you'll be able to either delete the message in the Outbox or move it to
another folder, like Drafts so you can resend it once you've adusted those
settings that may have been delaying it.  After moving the message, click
File and uncheck Work Offline.  Stop and restart Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/14/2006 12:58:36 PM
Milly,

Please read what I posted.
" if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets sent, when I hit SEND, it
saves the mail to the outbox and immediately turns off the "to be sent"
switch because the email is highlighted in the outbox."

I'm not saving and closing, I'm specificly telling Outlook to SEND the mail.

I have since found the problem on newly created emails. I create an email,
hit SEND, and an hour later it's still sitting in the outbox even though
outlook is reporting all mail sent. When I look in the outbox, the mail is
not in italics which I believe means it's not flagged for sending

The problem contiunes.

Listen, when you open the message to edit it, it takes off the "send" flag.
When you save and close it, it does not reactivate the send flag as it does
not know if you want to send it.  Pressing the Send button turns the "send"
flag back on.  Outlook is not broken, just your knowledge of how you think
it should work.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:

| Well that's a BS answer if I ever heard one. Outlook is screwing up
| and you have no answer.
|
| So I suppose that I have to move the message from the outbox to the
| draft folder in order to edit it. Right?
|
| Same old crap. Outlook is broken and and you blame the user.
|
| SNAFU
|
| Kb
|

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send
| it.
|
| --�
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|
| After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
|
|| I think I might have descovered the reason.
|| It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
|| and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
|| sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
|| sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
|| immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
|| highlighted in the outbox.
|| How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
|| KB
|| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
||| The problem is not getting rid of the mail, the problem is that the
||| mail never gets sent.
||| I'm trying to send the mail, not delete it.
||| This happens with simple 80kb emails and not ones with big
||| attachments so size is not the problem.
||| As stated before, the mail does not get sent out. If I hit
||| Send/Recieve, Outlook reports Mail sent without attempting to send
||| it.
||| KB
||| "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in
||| message news:enl4iXo1GHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

0
Kalbo
9/15/2006 6:31:47 AM
If you have an AV set to scan incoming and outgoing mail, then turn off =
that option and see if the problem clears up.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:

| Milly,
|=20
| Please read what I posted.
| " if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets sent, when I hit
| SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and immediately turns off the
| "to be sent" switch because the email is highlighted in the outbox."
|=20
| I'm not saving and closing, I'm specificly telling Outlook to SEND
| the mail.=20
|=20
| I have since found the problem on newly created emails. I create an
| email, hit SEND, and an hour later it's still sitting in the outbox
| even though outlook is reporting all mail sent. When I look in the
| outbox, the mail is not in italics which I believe means it's not
| flagged for sending=20
|=20
| The problem contiunes.
|=20
| KB
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Listen, when you open the message to edit it, it takes off the "send"
| flag. When you save and close it, it does not reactivate the send
| flag as it does not know if you want to send it.  Pressing the Send
| button turns the "send" flag back on.  Outlook is not broken, just
| your knowledge of how you think it should work.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
|=20
|| Well that's a BS answer if I ever heard one. Outlook is screwing up
|| and you have no answer.
||=20
|| So I suppose that I have to move the message from the outbox to the
|| draft folder in order to edit it. Right?
||=20
|| Same old crap. Outlook is broken and and you blame the user.
||=20
|| SNAFU
||=20
|| Kb
||=20
||=20
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| Stop what you are doing in the first place and trust Outlook to send
|| it.
||=20
|| --=81
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, ! Kalbo asked:
||=20
||| I think I might have descovered the reason.
|||=20
||| It appears that if I open the outbox to make sure the mail is there
||| and being sent, Outlook resets the status and turns off the "to be
||| sent" switch. So if I edit the email in the outbox before it gets
||| sent, when I hit SEND, it saves the mail to the outbox and
||| immediately tunrs of the "to be sent" switch because the email is
||| highlighted in the outbox.
|||=20
||| How can I get Outlook to stop doing this?
|||=20
||| KB
|||=20
||| "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
||||=20
0
MillyS (3228)
9/15/2006 9:29:27 AM
just  managed to get same error in O2007 outlook.
i tried all what you sugsessted,  but "as allways" solution to fix if was
DELETING email profile and creating new.

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" kirjutas:

> Take a look here, it may help:
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
>
> "! Kalbo" <nonya> wrote in message
> > Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2
> >
> > Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the
> > font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move
> > it to the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it
> > gets stuck again.
> >
> > When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just
> > ignores that it's in the outbox.
> >
> > I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then back
> > to online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after the mail
> > in question gets hung up go through with not problem.
> >
> > There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem.
> >
> > Any ideas?

0
R (97)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Forwarding a specific e-mail to an external e-mail!
The owner of the company would like to forward an e-mail received from a specific customer's e-mail address to his external e-mail - This is the process - Our customer (cust@123.com) sends and e-mail to the owner of the company (owner@company.com). Whenever the owner of the company receives e-mail from our customer cust@123.com, the e-mail should automatically be forward to the owner's external e-mail (owner@yahoo.com) How do I do this? I tried a forwarding rule and it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance for you...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

New to Mail Merge
So I am checking to see if I can merge a list of names(roughly 450) into a template in Publisher that will be used a name plate of sorts. I also want to include years of services in the template, i.e. John Smith 12 years of service. Is this possible and what is the easiest route? Yes it is very possible in Publisher. There is a lot of help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you decide to use Publisher there is a registry fix that will be beneficial. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvp...

cannot create profiles in win 7 mail 32 bit
I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS Office 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work fine. I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on mail in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM. In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself as Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I open my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I...

E-Mail Forwarding
I have posted this in the AD group but thought I would post it here incase somebody here has seen the problem. I have two domains in two seperate forests. I have a trust setup between them. I am in the process of doing a migration from the first domain (abc.com) to the second domain (xyz.com). During the migration my e-mail will still be going to the old mail server (Ex2000). Once I migrate a user to the new domain and new e-mail server (ex2003) I need to forward any e-mail that is going to the old e-mail server to the same user on the new domain. In ADUG I setup the forward but wh...

attachments shown for all incoming mail
All of a sudden I am now showing all incoming mail with an attachment when there actually is none. Any ideas? ...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

How to clear old e-mail addresses?
My address book is empty, and my contact list is empty (those show up empty when I use Tools, Address Book), but when I send a new e-mail message, on typing the first letter of the addressee name, a drop-down list appears with e-mail addresses for everyone I've ever e-mailed. How can I clear out these names? . Thanks for any ideas. You can simply use the cursor arrows and delete them or you can delete the file *.nk2 that is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook But this options will delete all autoresolution addresses- -- Ricard...

Refreshing from Outlook (outgoing/Ingoing mail)
It seems I always have to press F5 to check for incoming and outgoing mail (I am dial-up) and then it looks for new mail....Is there a way to get it to constantly check for new mail every few minutes??? I already have the option to "check for new messages every..- minutes." but it doesn't seem to work.. - Can anyone elighten me as to how to get outlook to check for itself?? What version of Outlook? Make sure Outlook is not placed in Off-line mode as well; File-> Work Offline -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Ou...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) SCL for Junk E-mail being ignored
I have Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, and I recently downloaded and installed Intelligent Message Filter. In Message Delivery Properties -> Intelligent Message Filtering, I have - Gateway Blocking Configuration SCL 8 - Store Junk E-mail Configuration SCL 8 All users have Outlook 2003 Professional installed. Although I have SCL set to 8 for "Store Junk E-mail Configuration", Messages with SCL 6 and others with SCL as low as 3 are being sent to the Junk E-Mail folder. I am able to see the SCL of the emails because I installed an SCL Column via Forms using th...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

MS Exchange and external mail relay
In our organization we are planning if moving from Linux (postfix) to MS Exchange server. We plan to implement Postfix (in DMZ zone) as a mail relay for Exchange server (in LAN).We have about 400 users on the same external domain like @company.com. The trick is that about 100 of users only need mail address (not also a domain account), so we're thinking if it is possible to create 300 of our users of @comany.com domain on Exchange server, all other users that need only company mail (also @comapany.com) will have mailboxes on mail relay (postfix), not on Exchange server. Since it...

e-mails never arrive
It's happened now a couple of times. People send me e-mails that I never get. The person phones me and says, "Did you get my e-mail?" My answer is "No." "OK, then I will resend it," they say. "When you get it give me a call." An hour later I call and say, "Uh, I didn't get it.Why don't you read me the e-mail address you have for me." After confirming that the e-mail address they are using is correct, I say, "Why don't you delete my e-mail address, reenter it, and then send me another e-mail." Thirty minutes lat...