Mail Server for Win XP

Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system?  I have
come to the conclusion that this won't work.  If it isn"t possible, couold
someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on
a WinXP system.

Thanks
HL

0
Howard280 (2)

HL649 wrote:
> Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system?  I
> have come to the conclusion that this won't work.  If it isn"t
> possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out
> there that will run on a WinXP system.
>
> Thanks
> HL

No - Exchange must run on a Windows Server OS in an Active Directory domain.

Some mail servers that will run on a workstation OS -

http://www.pmail.com/overviews/ovw_mercury.htm
http://www.kerio.com/kms_home.html
http://www.burrotech.com/officemail.php

0
lanwench (7567)

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Seting Outlook for E-Mail
I've search for information on changing my e-mail default to outlook. I never found help. Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My computer knowledge is limited. "Diane Cameron" <dcameron2@aol.com> wrote in message news:056701c36839$e4215480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've search for information on changing my e-mail default > to outlook. I never found help. > > Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My > computer knowledge is limited. ------------------------------------------------ Hi Diane, Open In...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

em from people i dont even know (respond to server ) is what they say
i have the same proplem with people pc help and now i have show all messages and there are a lot of th ...

sending mail options
How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont want to add anything to "to" field. so revievers wont see any to part. or better, how to make reciever see their name on "to" filed while others are hidden. why someone might need this? While sending a product offer to companies, I'd like to send it once and want every customer see their name on "to" files. Saves lots of time cause I am sending lots of mails:p mns <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont > want...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

Advanced mail merge/distribution/attachment ?s
Hey - questions. 1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's name show up in the email (preferably in the address or subject header lines, if not in the message? 2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML, rather than just attaching it? Any help would be appreciated, Jose 1) ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Outgoing Mail Issues with Entourage Hotmail Connector

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...

An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again
I have an email that I sent using Outlook (didn't use the CRM Email option). I now want to promote the email into CRM so that we have a permanent record of the email associated wioth the contact. I open my sent items, select the email and click the 'Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity' button in SFO. I get the error "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" No matter how many times I 'try again' I get the same message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get the email into CRM? Cheers Graeme SFO doesn't have any...

I registed damiler-benz.mobi, who want it, please contact with me! mail to 001@001.io

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Remote Exchange server?
Scenario.... I have a client in a real problem area. The power is so bad that it's guaranteed to be off most weekends in summer time! Battery backup and power backup is NOT where i want to go here, so please dont suggest I concentrate on this...because it just won't happen! I would like to setup a remote exchange 03 server for this client in a data center. So when the power goes down, the clients can all connect by outlook web access without any interruptions. Clents from the troubled office would also have to connect to the remote exchange server during normal office hours. Is ...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

mails are not going to yahoo domain
hii , i have an exchange 2003(sp2) with windows server 2003(sp1) on dell high end machine with 1 GB OF RAM AND 70 GB OF HARDDISK (RAID 5) , I HAVE ALSO AN SMTP FILTER ON ANOTHER HIGH END DELL MACHINE WHICH ROUTES MY MAILS TO EXCHANGE SERVER WHERE AS that smtp filter is also my smart host , the problem i am getting is that my mails are not going to yahoo domain where as i can easily send mails to hotmail and gmail and any other domain the error i am getting is like this " Your message with Subject: hii test mail could not be delivered to the following recipients: adorablea...

"Delete it from Server" Not Deleting From Server
Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be able to render. I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain messages to be deleted from the server. If I understand this part of the rule correctly, this means the message will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting against my server disk storage level, either. Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making it through that should absolutely be deleted at th...

Sync Issues and Junk E-mail
I have a few clients that have e-mail in the junk folder and in the Sync Issues/Conflicts folder. Almost every e-mail that goes into the junk folder also ends up in the conflicts folder. Any ideas why? We run Exchange Server 2003 on a SBS 2003 and use Outlook 2003 for our mail. Mike Hi All, I have the same problem Mike has, only I am still running Exchange 5.5 on the backend. Outlook 2003 on the desktop with all patches and updates I can find installed. Every e-mail that goes into the junk folder ends up in the Sync Issues - Conflits folder as well. "Mike Lambert" ...