Mail Rules #7

I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status
Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day).

Is it possible to create a rule in outlook which deletes all mails apart
from those addressed to specific addresses (e.g. abc@..com and zyx@..com)?

Also can this same rule be used in OE as I use that at home?

Thank you

In news:444a348f$0$8343$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
Tony <dont.email@me.please> typed:
> I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status
> Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day).

Are these DSNs for messages you yourself tried to send, or are they perhaps
the result of some spammer or virus spoofing your e-mail address as sender?

> Is it possible to create a rule in outlook which deletes all mails
> apart from those addressed to specific addresses (e.g. abc@..com and
> zyx@..com)?

Not likely - I can't imagine how you'd keep that list maintained anyway. You
don't mention your version of Outlook, but if you're using OL2003 you might
use a search folder (query) to identify and deal with all such messages - so
you can delete them en masse.

> Also can this same rule be used in OE as I use that at home?

No - rules are entirely different in OE.

> Thank you

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2006 3:23:43 PM
>> I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status
>> Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day).
>
> Are these DSNs for messages you yourself tried to send, or are they
> perhaps the result of some spammer or virus spoofing your e-mail address
> as sender?

The latter. I'm not sure if it's a spammer or virus.

>> Is it possible to create a rule in outlook which deletes all mails
>> apart from those addressed to specific addresses (e.g. abc@..com and
>> zyx@..com)?
>
> Not likely - I can't imagine how you'd keep that list maintained anyway.
> You don't mention your version of Outlook, but if you're using OL2003 you
> might use a search folder (query) to identify and deal with all such
> messages - so you can delete them en masse.

I'm using OL2002

>> Also can this same rule be used in OE as I use that at home?
>
> No - rules are entirely different in OE.
>>
>> Thank you

0
no.emails (4)
4/23/2006 12:05:42 PM

In news:444b6db0$0$460$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
>>> I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status
>>> Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day).
>>
>> Are these DSNs for messages you yourself tried to send, or are they
>> perhaps the result of some spammer or virus spoofing your e-mail
>> address as sender?
>
> The latter. I'm not sure if it's a spammer or virus.
>>

>>> Is it possible to create a rule in outlook which deletes all mails
>>> apart from those addressed to specific addresses (e.g. abc@..com and
>>> zyx@..com)?
>>
>> Not likely - I can't imagine how you'd keep that list maintained
>> anyway. You don't mention your version of Outlook, but if you're
>> using OL2003 you might use a search folder (query) to identify and
>> deal with all such messages - so you can delete them en masse.
>
> I'm using OL2002

So you don't have search folders, but you could still create a rule to
delete all these messages or move them to another folder.

>>> Also can this same rule be used in OE as I use that at home?
>>
>> No - rules are entirely different in OE.
>>>
>>> Thank you

0
lanwench (7567)
4/23/2006 3:23:07 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:444b6db0$0$460$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
>>>
>>> Are these DSNs for messages you yourself tried to send, or are they
>>> perhaps the result of some spammer or virus spoofing your e-mail
>>> address as sender?
>>
>> The latter. I'm not sure if it's a spammer or virus.

>>> Not likely - I can't imagine how you'd keep that list maintained
>>> anyway. You don't mention your version of Outlook, but if you're
>>> using OL2003 you might use a search folder (query) to identify and
>>> deal with all such messages - so you can delete them en masse.
>>
>> I'm using OL2002
>
> So you don't have search folders, but you could still create a rule to
> delete all these messages or move them to another folder.

Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter prefix of my
email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I can move them manually
but I can't imagine a rule that would do this.

btw thanks for your interest

>>> No - rules are entirely different in OE.

0
no.emails (4)
4/24/2006 9:36:41 AM

In news:444c9c45$0$8340$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:%233r1%23yuZGHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:444b6db0$0$460$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
>> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:

>>> The latter. I'm not sure if it's a spammer or virus.

>>> I'm using OL2002
>>
>> So you don't have search folders, but you could still create a rule
>> to delete all these messages or move them to another folder.
>
> Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter
> prefix of my email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I can
> move them manually but I can't imagine a rule that would do this.

I think you can use a rule that looks for hrvx@ in the message
headers....but I'd probably look at the sender instead (system
administrator).

> btw thanks for your interest

0
lanwench (7567)
4/24/2006 4:07:23 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:444c9c45$0$8340$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> message news:%233r1%23yuZGHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>

>>> In news:444b6db0$0$460$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
>>> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:

>>> So you don't have search folders, but you could still create a rule
>>> to delete all these messages or move them to another folder.
>>
>> Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter
>> prefix of my email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I can
>> move them manually but I can't imagine a rule that would do this.
>
> I think you can use a rule that looks for hrvx@ in the message
> headers....but I'd probably look at the sender instead (system
> administrator).

The from and the to email address' are always different. The only thing they
always have in common is my domain.

My email is configured to pick up anything @ my domain.net

>> btw thanks for your interest

0
no.emails (4)
4/25/2006 2:01:19 PM

In news:444e2bce$0$8337$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

<snip>

>>> Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter
>>> prefix of my email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I
>>> can move them manually but I can't imagine a rule that would do
>>> this.
>>
>> I think you can use a rule that looks for hrvx@ in the message
>> headers....but I'd probably look at the sender instead (system
>> administrator).
>
> The from and the to email address' are always different. The only
> thing they always have in common is my domain.

I just created a rule (starting with a blank rule, from scratch) - to delete
all new mail from System Administrator. It worked. Did you try this?

> My email is configured to pick up anything @ my domain.net

You're always going to get a ton more spam if you use a 'blind forward' or
wildcard account like that. I would suggest changing it....

>>> btw thanks for your interest

<snip>

0
lanwench (7567)
4/25/2006 2:43:19 PM
I have adjusted my email account settings to only forward mail addressed to
sales@, info@, etc and this has put a stop to the random prefixes that my
catchall settings were collecting.

Thanks

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:444c9c45$0$8340$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> message news:%233r1%23yuZGHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>

>>> In news:444b6db0$0$460$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
>>> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:

>>> So you don't have search folders, but you could still create a rule
>>> to delete all these messages or move them to another folder.
>>
>> Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter
>> prefix of my email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I can
>> move them manually but I can't imagine a rule that would do this.
>
> I think you can use a rule that looks for hrvx@ in the message
> headers....but I'd probably look at the sender instead (system
> administrator).
>

>> btw thanks for your interest

0
no.emails (4)
5/1/2006 4:44:52 PM

In news:44563b36$0$2596$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk,
Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
> I have adjusted my email account settings to only forward mail
> addressed to sales@, info@, etc and this has put a stop to the random
> prefixes that my catchall settings were collecting.

Glad to hear it. Blind forwards are the devil, when it comes to spam.

> Thanks
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uENwJo7ZGHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:444c9c45$0$8340$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk,
>> Tony <no.emails@thankyou.verymuch> typed:
>>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>>> message news:%233r1%23yuZGHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

>>> Each of the DSN's is addressed to a different three/four letter
>>> prefix of my email address (e.g. hrvx@....com, dpmx@....com) so I
>>> can move them manually but I can't imagine a rule that would do
>>> this.
>>
>> I think you can use a rule that looks for hrvx@ in the message
>> headers....but I'd probably look at the sender instead (system
>> administrator).
>>

>>> btw thanks for your interest

0
lanwench (7567)

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

STUMPED WITH OUTLOOK RULES!
Nobody has been able to figure this one out yet. Is there any possible way to set up a rule either on the local computer or the mail server that can call for an email to be automatically forwarded to someone without including the attachment? JJ <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Nobody has been able to figure this one out yet. Is there > any possible way to set up a rule either on the > local computer or the mail server that can call for an > email to be automatically forwarded to someone without > including the attachment? No need to ask the same que...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

More than 7 If Functions Example is IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, ..
i want to use if Command in which 19 times If Function to be used for Example of the Function is =IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, IF(A2="Dhemaji", B2*100, IF(A2="Dhubri", B2*50, IF(A2="Dibrugarh", B2*65, IF(A2="Golaghat", B2*50, IF(A2="Guwahati", B2*20, IF(A2="hojai", B2*50, IF(A2="Jorhat", B2*60, If(A2="Kharupetia", B2*50, up to 19 times Hi - You really need to create a table with the 19 names in one column and, in the column to the right, the vaues associated with each name. That would ...

Outlook 2003 & Rule To Foward Email
Hello gang. We just moved over to Outlook 2003/Exchange Server 2003 a few months ago. I am having a problem of a simple rule that just forwards an email that I receive in my inbox to a webmail account - hotmail or yahoo. I have tried various rule adaptations and I have even put these addresses in my safe senders/safe recepiants junk mail list. We are running outlook in cached mode. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ask your Exchange admin if they have replies and forwards to the Internet turned off - it is by default in Exchange 2003. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility
Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7? Antoine wrote: > Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7? Did your install of Windows 7 actually have Internet Explorer missing? No, not at all. You cannot install it nor uninstall IE8 to downgrade to 7. Why? Are you having problems with IE8 on Win7? Did you upgrade to Win7 from XP? Probably an incompatible IE Addon that you have brought across from your previous Windows OS. In Win7.... Start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting Regards. "Antoine" <Antoine@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

send/receive error #7
I recently installed Office Student & Teacher 2003 and have been trying to switch from Outlook Express to the newly installed Outlook. Everytime I try to send/receive it pops error message "The opeation failed. An object could not be found." Help! ...

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1
We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1. We have many users that want to upgrade to Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics. Does anyone know of a way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine? I was told there is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack. Thanks GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new insta...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...