Mail not getting through for ISP

OL 2007 and Vista.

All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in my
ISP mail box.

I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007 with OL
2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
"mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was well at
thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same details
as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all was
retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is not
right for me.

Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?

Andy

0
Andy1200 (318)

Does the Test Accounts function without errors?
Is the polling interval (auto send/receive) set for at least 10 mins?
If you have intergrated anti virus, uninstall that, reboot and retest

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OL 2007 and Vista.
>
> All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
> their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in
> my
> ISP mail box.
>
> I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007 with
> OL
> 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
> "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was well
> at
> thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
> details
> as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all was
> retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is not
> right for me.
>
> Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
>
> Andy

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/15/2009 3:51:03 PM
Are you using a virus or spam scanner on incoming mail?  They can cause
issues such as this. The only other reason outlook wouldn't download all the
mail is if it was malformed. When this happens it usually stops downloading
until you get rid of the bad message (by deleting it online).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OL 2007 and Vista.
>
> All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
> their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in
> my
> ISP mail box.
>
> I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007 with
> OL
> 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
> "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was well
> at
> thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
> details
> as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all was
> retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is not
> right for me.
>
> Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
>
> Andy

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/15/2009 3:54:15 PM
Yes it does.
No rerrors on send and receive either.
Send receive is set for 1 minute.
I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
insites on.
I few e-mail do get though but very few.
All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.

"DL" wrote:

> Does the Test Accounts function without errors?
> Is the polling interval (auto send/receive) set for at least 10 mins?
> If you have intergrated anti virus, uninstall that, reboot and retest
>
> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OL 2007 and Vista.
> >
> > All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
> > their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in
> > my
> > ISP mail box.
> >
> > I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007 with
> > OL
> > 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
> > "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was well
> > at
> > thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
> > details
> > as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all was
> > retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is not
> > right for me.
> >
> > Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
> >
> > Andy

0
Andy1200 (318)
7/15/2009 4:03:01 PM
How can I find a bad message? I'll happily junk it if I can find it.

MY ISP installed new Macafee virus scan but they (British Telecom) must have
several millions users in the UK, so I guess this has been well tried and
tested.

Andy

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you using a virus or spam scanner on incoming mail?  They can cause
> issues such as this. The only other reason outlook wouldn't download all the
> mail is if it was malformed. When this happens it usually stops downloading
> until you get rid of the bad message (by deleting it online).
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OL 2007 and Vista.
> >
> > All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
> > their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in
> > my
> > ISP mail box.
> >
> > I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007 with
> > OL
> > 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
> > "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was well
> > at
> > thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
> > details
> > as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all was
> > retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is not
> > right for me.
> >
> > Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
> >
> > Andy

0
Andy1200 (318)
7/15/2009 4:08:01 PM
Uninstall McAfee, reboot, reinstall McAfee *without* the outlook integration
Set your polling interval to *10 mins* or more
That will cure your probs

> Yes it does.
> No rerrors on send and receive either.
> Send receive is set for 1 minute.
> I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
> insites on.
> I few e-mail do get though but very few.
> All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Does the Test Accounts function without errors?
>> Is the polling interval (auto send/receive) set for at least 10 mins?
>> If you have intergrated anti virus, uninstall that, reboot and retest
>>
>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OL 2007 and Vista.
>> >
>> > All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything
>> > at
>> > their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails
>> > in
>> > my
>> > ISP mail box.
>> >
>> > I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007
>> > with
>> > OL
>> > 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
>> > "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was
>> > well
>> > at
>> > thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
>> > details
>> > as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all
>> > was
>> > retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is
>> > not
>> > right for me.
>> >
>> > Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
>> >
>> > Andy

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/15/2009 4:10:49 PM
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Send receive is set for 1 minute.

Which means that your mail servers, both POP and SMTP haven't got any time
to deal with the packets before the next lot come in! Why do you think the
default polling time is set for ten minutes.....

Ok Gordon calm down.. how do I set to 10 mins please?
--
Andy

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Send receive is set for 1 minute.
>
> Which means that your mail servers, both POP and SMTP haven't got any time
> to deal with the packets before the next lot come in! Why do you think the
> default polling time is set for ten minutes.....

0
Andy1200 (318)
7/15/2009 4:24:00 PM
Thanks DL!!
One question. Ok on unistall and install of MacAfee , but how do I notice,
see,  or prevent the outlook intergration? It it a check box or something?

Have now set to 10 mins as suggested.
Andy

"DL" wrote:

> Uninstall McAfee, reboot, reinstall McAfee *without* the outlook integration
> Set your polling interval to *10 mins* or more
> That will cure your probs
>
> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes it does.
> > No rerrors on send and receive either.
> > Send receive is set for 1 minute.
> > I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
> > insites on.
> > I few e-mail do get though but very few.
> > All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.
> >

> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> Does the Test Accounts function without errors?
> >> Is the polling interval (auto send/receive) set for at least 10 mins?
> >> If you have intergrated anti virus, uninstall that, reboot and retest
> >>
> >> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andy1200 (318)
7/15/2009 4:32:01 PM
AV intergration is the cause of many Outlook probs

> How can I find a bad message? I'll happily junk it if I can find it.
>
> MY ISP installed new Macafee virus scan but they (British Telecom) must
> have
> several millions users in the UK, so I guess this has been well tried and
> tested.
>
> Andy
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you using a virus or spam scanner on incoming mail?  They can cause
>> issues such as this. The only other reason outlook wouldn't download all
>> the
>> mail is if it was malformed. When this happens it usually stops
>> downloading
>> until you get rid of the bad message (by deleting it online).
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>
>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OL 2007 and Vista.
>> >
>> > All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything
>> > at
>> > their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails
>> > in
>> > my
>> > ISP mail box.
>> >
>> > I tried repairing OL this didn't help. I then unistalled Office 2007
>> > with
>> > OL
>> > 2007 and reinstalled. Still the mail was not collected from
>> > "mail.btinternet.com". I call ed the ISP and agian they said all was
>> > well
>> > at
>> > thier end. They suggested  I set up MS mail and give it all the same
>> > details
>> > as OL has which I did. 89 e-mails came straight in to MS mail and all
>> > was
>> > retrived fine. But I want OL 2007 to work as it should as MS mail is
>> > not
>> > right for me.
>> >
>> > Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?
>> >
>> > Andy

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/15/2009 4:33:56 PM
Since you stated that send/recive was set for 1 min its assumed you new were
the setting was
Tools>Options>Mail Setup tab>Send/receive

> Ok Gordon calm down.. how do I set to 10 mins please?
> --
> Andy
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Send receive is set for 1 minute.
>>
>> Which means that your mail servers, both POP and SMTP haven't got any
>> time
>> to deal with the packets before the next lot come in! Why do you think
>> the
>> default polling time is set for ten minutes.....

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/15/2009 4:36:45 PM
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok Gordon calm down..

Eh? I was only explaining to you why anything shorter than ten minutes
screws things up....

Thanks Goron understood, but send/receive has been set on 1 min since I
installed OL2007 2 years ago nearly and this is the first problem.

Andy

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok Gordon calm down..
>
> Eh? I was only explaining to you why anything shorter than ten minutes
> screws things up....

0
Andy1200 (318)
7/15/2009 4:45:01 PM
> Thanks Goron understood, but send/receive has been set on 1 min since I
> installed OL2007 2 years ago nearly and this is the first problem.

Been very lucky then......

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Any ideas please why OL 2007 won't collect my mail when MS mail will?

There are a number of reasons why this might happen.  One is that your
firewall isn't configured to allow Outlook to access the port.  Another is
that you have an antivirus or -spam scanner integrated with Outlook and it's
interfering.  Exactly what does happen when you click Send/Receive?  Any
errors?  How about when you click the "Test" button in the account properties?
Did you enable diagnostic logging to see what happens during the send/receive
process?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
7/15/2009 6:07:35 PM
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
> insites on.

Sorry, but British Telecom does NOT insist on this.  YOU installed it, not
they.  Uninstall it and see what happens.

> I few e-mail do get though but very few.
> All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.

What's "MS Mail"?  Are you referring to Windows Mail?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
7/15/2009 6:09:04 PM
That's the fun thing about problems. You never know when they'll start.

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Thanks Goron understood, but send/receive has been set on 1 min since I
: installed OL2007 2 years ago nearly and this is the first problem.
:
: Andy
:
: "Gordon" wrote:
:
: >
: > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:42B59CAA-773F-4018-A679-FCA88BE82F77@microsoft.com...
: > > Ok Gordon calm down..
: >
: > Eh? I was only explaining to you why anything shorter than ten minutes
: > screws things up....
: >

0
tom1577 (119)
7/15/2009 6:16:11 PM
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes it does.
> No rerrors on send and receive either.
> Send receive is set for 1 minute.
> I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
> insites on.
Since when has BT insisted (if that's the word you meant) on McAfee???

John

> I few e-mail do get though but very few.
> All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.

0
John
7/15/2009 6:47:37 PM
As an FYI, the default is 5 in Outlook 2007, 30 in 2010.

--

> As an FYI, the default is 5 in Outlook 2007, 30 in 2010.

My Outlook 2007 is set at 30 - haven't altered that from first install.....

During the installation of any AV, if you pay attention, there will be an
option to intergrate / turn on email scanning usually this option is ticked
by default, during the instalation process.
You will still have protection, since the real time scanner will kick in if
you inadvertantly open a mail that is infected.

> Thanks DL!!
> One question. Ok on unistall and install of MacAfee , but how do I notice,
> see,  or prevent the outlook intergration? It it a check box or something?
>
> Have now set to 10 mins as suggested.
> Andy
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall McAfee, reboot, reinstall McAfee *without* the outlook
>> integration
>> Set your polling interval to *10 mins* or more
>> That will cure your probs
>>
>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes it does.
>> > No rerrors on send and receive either.
>> > Send receive is set for 1 minute.
>> > I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
>> > insites on.
>> > I few e-mail do get though but very few.
>> > All are well with MS mail and I find this most strange.

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/16/2009 7:44:00 AM
I use BT broadband, Vista, Outlook 2003 and McAfee. I am having the same
problem. I have had this problem for about a year but in recent days it
has got much worse. The problem has been occuring from before the time
I moved to Vista.

I have tried switching off McAfee - this makes no difference.

I have spoken to BT about it - they say there is an incompatibility
between BT Broadband and Outlook. They say they are working on it!!!!

I really dont know what else I can do. BT are either not giving it any
priority or have given up. Perhaps I should switch to another broadband
provider but will this make any difference?

--
drail
"drail" <drail.4a54ebd@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have spoken to BT about it - they say there is an incompatibility
> between BT Broadband and Outlook.

Err what a load of cobblers. You can use ANY email client you like that
supports the mail protocols.

The only way I have found of resolving this problem is to change my BT
Yahoo password. It works for a while (weeks/a few months) and then the
problem reoccurs.

'Gordon[_6_ Wrote:
> ;314863']"drail" drail.4a54ebd@outlookbanter.com wrote in message
>

> I have spoken to BT about it - they say there is an incompatibility
> between BT Broadband and Outlook.-
>
> Err what a load of cobblers. You can use ANY email client you like that
>
> supports the mail protocols.

--
drail
"drail" <drail.4a54ebd@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I use BT broadband, Vista, Outlook 2003 and McAfee. I am having the same
> problem. I have had this problem for about a year but in recent days it
> has got much worse. The problem has been occuring from before the time
> I moved to Vista.
>
> I have tried switching off McAfee - this makes no difference.
>
> I have spoken to BT about it - they say there is an incompatibility
> between BT Broadband and Outlook. They say they are working on it!!!!
>
> I really dont know what else I can do. BT are either not giving it any
> priority or have given up. Perhaps I should switch to another broadband
> provider but will this make any difference?

Last time I checked, BT Internet uses Yahoo as its mail provider, so BT is
blowing smoke at you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Adobe PDF Mail Merge Creates winmail.dat Instead of Attachment
This has been discussed in other threads, but I haven't found an answer to this problem. In reality I don't know which application is to blame, but the fingers keep pointing at Outlook. I'm using Word 2007 to do a mail merge using Adobe Acrobat Pro V9. I have Outlook configured as the default mail program. The generated PDF is attached to en e-mail and gets delivered without problems. If I read the e-mail using Outlook or Gmail (the only ones that I've tried), the attachment appears and can be displayed without issues. If I read the e-mail using a program ...

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

Mail Enabled : How to retrieve the mails.
Hi, I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I retrieve the mails ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:00:36 +0800, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I >retrieve the mails ? > >Thank you. > >Rgrds, >Zul > A mail enabled account doesn't have a mailbox. When you create that account you specify an external SMTP address and collect the mail from there however you would normally do it. Hi Mark, This means that the exchang...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

New user at Exchange 2003 cannot send mail to user at Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exchange 5.5 and 1 Exchange 2003 in the same domain already, then I install one more Exchange 2003 in the child domain of the existing domain Then I create 1 user at child domain with mailbox in the new Exchange 2003. He find that he can only send mail to other whose mailbox in Exchange 2003. If recipient is in exchange 5.5, he cannot send to him. I have already set the ADC for the child domain. I also create the "recipient update service" for the child domain. Is any more setting needed to configurate ?? PS: In the Exchange 5.5 administrator, I can find the new user wi...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

cannot send or receive mail
I configured my Outlook 2003 the same as my Outlook express that has been running successfully for years. I can create mail and it remains in the outbox even after send/receive button is pushed. No error message at all. Just no action and when I close it I do get told that there are messages waiting to be sent. ...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

MFC get drive information
Dear all, How to get drive information of my computer? I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space information. Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Use GetLogicalDrives() to get drive informatio. Use GetDiskFreeSpace(... to get drive space. Sekhar Hyderabad. "Crystal" wrote: > Dear all, > > How to get drive information of my computer? > > I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space > information. > > Thanks! > > Best Regards, > Crystal > > > > > You can use cha...

E-mails an hour off
All e-mails seem to be an hour behind the real time. No matter where they come from or what program they are all an hour behind. The Exchange 2K3 server is set to the right time and right time zone. My XP machine is the same, but if I send a message to myself via Outlook 2K3 it will come into my inbox an hour behind. What's going on? I just noticed this this morning. I ran a bunch of MS updates last night on all the 2K and 2K3 servers. Could an update be causing this problem? Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Mike check all clients and the server to see if they...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Why can't i get my wanted notes by XPath

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...