mail message in my fie menu

Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E
Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000
I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E
Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar

Please advise
0
Hockliffe (2)

It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer
and move your old data file.  It also sounds like you now have a corrupt
Outlook profile.   How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging  -- WA7BGX

"Hockliffe" <Hockliffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E
> Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000
> I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new
> Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar
>
> Please advise

0
hhh6225 (363)
2/7/2007 12:19:57 AM
"Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer
> and move your old data file.  It also sounds like you now have a corrupt
> Outlook profile.   How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File?

It also sounds as though the OP has ommitted to set up an Email account in
Outlook.... ;-)

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/7/2007 11:29:44 AM
Thanks for this I cannot remeber moving any old data but I think the problem
is as Gordon says that I have not set up an EMail account
Please advise how to do this

hockliffe
"Gordon" wrote:

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> > It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer
> > and move your old data file.  It also sounds like you now have a corrupt
> > Outlook profile.   How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File?
> >

> It also sounds as though the OP has ommitted to set up an Email account in
> Outlook.... ;-)

0
Hockliffe (2)

Outolook 2003 is slow when answering message
Hello, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP2 when i receive a message and push answer button it takes about 30 seconds to load.How can i do to resolve the problem? If i push new message or forward loading is fast. Thanks Are you using Word or Outlook as the email editor? Does changing it to the other make a difference? Also, apply Service Pack 3 and additional for Office 2003 to make sure we are not trying to fix an already solved bug. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, D...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

Outlook 2003 not retaining dictionary and message rules settings
A customer is reporting that a new installation of Outlook 2003, using a PST file that I copied across from his old computer, is not retaining dictionary and message rules settings. I introduced the saved PST by copying it in place of the blank one that Outlook created when I first ran it; I found that importing using File | Import resulted in duplicate Contacts entries and a duplicate Personal Folders tree structure. When I raised that issue in another newsgroup a few days ago, the advice was to use the saved PST in place of the blank one; is this the best way to migrate Outlook saved mail a...

reciving e-mails
is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. stephen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to > reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a > few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. Are you saying you want a "safe list"? That is a list of people from whom you will accept mail and messages from anyone else are rejected. What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

MS Publisher 2003 wont let me send publication in email message.
I'm trying to send a document in the body of an email but all the tutorials I've tried aren't working. I've changed to TIFF, and pdf both unsuccessfully. I would just like to find a way to get to <File><Send email><Send E-Mail as Message>, instead of <Send E-mail as Attachment>. Any help is great Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033 Attaching the publication as a PDF is usually the easiest and best way. DavidF ...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

Combo Default Message
Happy New Year To Every One, Can Some Point Me in the Right Direct On How to Achieve Having a Default Message In My Combo Box the Message I Would Like Is "Please Select" if a Item has not be selected. The Record Source's vary from tables, Select Query's or value List. Ive Just Setting something up on the Default Option In the Properties Dialog but no luck. Regards Dan I would suggest using the form's Before Update event to check for a value in the combo box: If IsNull(Me.MyCombo) Then MsgBox "Please Select Item in MyCombo" Cancel = ...

updates wont install get error message 643 & 636
how do I install them stella wrote: > how do I install them Which updates (listed by KB######)? What Operating System? What Service Pack level is your Operating System? What architecture is your Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit?) What antivirus software do you utilize? What firewall software do you utilize? What antispyware software do you utilize? What is your backup plan like (backups of your important data to external media)? What have you tried in order to resolve your issue so far? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://...

Error:"problem with messaging interface"
I am trying to add a contact to Outlook. It won't save it. When I try to save, I get a message: Problem with Messaging Interface. If this happens again, restart Outlook. I restarted outlook without saving, same thing happened again. What is causing the error and how do I fix it? I don't use outlook for email. Just for contacts and sync with my blackberry (which I also don't use for email). Did Outlook ever work as it should? If so, can you think of anything that changed before you started encountering this problem? There are countless causes for it so it&...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK anymore
For some reason I don't understand, I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK any more, altough I can receive them. Every time I want to send a message the Outlook screen freezes. I'm able to read the messages via www.mail2web.com. The technical support at PeoplePc spent over one hour trying to help (I had to call them twice) but in the end they couldn't, even we delreted programs and uninstall/install Outlook a couple of times. Can anyone help? "Carlos Altgelt" <caltgel1@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:008101c35927$f3db54a0$a601280a@phx.gbl > For some r...

Got bounce back message when accept meeting request and send respo
Hi, Our company is using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is one user, we call it userA, sent meeting request to userB, when userB accepted userA's request and sent the response, userA got the response back, but at the same time, userB also got bounce back message regarding undeliverable to userC, who is gone for long time, userC's mailbox and account has been completely deleted. It only happens when userA sends meeting request to others, userA doesn't has any problem with other email communication. I am wondering why the response message sent to other user as well as ...

no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?
I am receiving loads of 'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content. What causes these mails anyway? Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of = Outlook, it would be hard to say. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, T5 asked: | I am receiving ...

eResources Menu Item
Clean install of CRM 1.2 and no sign of the eResources menu item on the Account or contact forms. Cant see any settings in web.config that relate to this - is there something else I need to set to switch these on? Roger The eResources Menu does not show up until the Account/Contact record is saved. Have you tried saving the Account/Contact first? Aaron Elder =============================================== Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Core Application Development Team =============================================== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warra...

Server err: 0x800CCC90 error num 0x800CCC92 message damaged
Can anyone help! I can send emails OK from Outlook 6.0. But when I download them, I get the error listed below My ISP uses Sqwebmail, (which I believe is 90% of the problem !) I've looked up google, and there is no reference to this error having occurred before. Some help indicates that the problem may be with the first email in my inbox. But I deleted this email and the problem is still there. Any help would be much appreciated! Outlook error: There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'yyyyy@chariot.net.au', Server: '...

Sibling Mode not working on Menu Items when calling HtmlHelp?
I have a truly curious problem with HtmlHelp and Sibling Mode in Visual C++ ..Net 2003 in an MFC app. Sibling mode allows the help viewer to display on top of the app, but if the app is clicked, then the app becomes the top most window. The idea is to let the user switch back and forth between the help viewer and the application. For the case of Menu Items only, sibling mode does not appear to work correctly under normal running conditions. However, sibling mode does work for menu items, if you put a breakpoint on the HtmlHelp call and stop prior to executing the call. In this case the HtmlH...

Outgoing E-mail
Hi When i am sending an outgoing CRM E-mail my E-mail address is displayed in the "From" field when it reaches the recipient - Can this be changed to a more "normal" behavior where the users names are displayed in the "From" field. Thanks Jakob ------=_NextPart_0001_088915B6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good Morning Jakob, Outbound CRM email should include the display name of the user sending the email. If you are only seeing the email address, please ensure your display name in Outlook/Exchange matches what is displayed in ...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

how do I send graphical mail in html format?
I want to send an email having minimum 4 images to a mailing list. But it doesn't seem that easy, because I don't want those images as an attachment. How can I do it? does the list support HTML? If so, they should be embedded in the body. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Sol...

Send E-Mail Immediately in Outlook XP
In OE 6.x, e-mails that are written and marked for transmission are sent immediately, without having to open the OE client. However, with Outlook XP, it seems that the user must open the actual client and send the e-mail from there, instead of just clicking "send" on the e-mail he is composing. Note this is different from the "Send Immediately When Connected" checkbox under Tools>Options>Mail Setup, as this only seems to apply to messages composed and sent while the client is running. I want to configure Outlook XP to have the same behavior as OE in this instance, o...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...