Mail merge to email with an attachment

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50

When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document =
and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an =
attachment.  I am using custom forms and fields but it worked =
beautifully!

After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - =
yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!

Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each contact - what a pain!!!!

Alison
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able to =
very easily=20
email a merged document and send it automatuically to the relevant =
contacts in=20
my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms and fields but =
it worked=20
beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can =
no longer do=20
this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager =
could do=20
this - yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge and =
then send=20
separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50--

0
akel4uk (12)

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50

You might want to post to a Word newsgroup, sounds like a word problem
  "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list =
as an attachment.  I am using custom forms and fields but it worked =
beautifully!

  After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - =
yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!

  Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each contact - what a pain!!!!

  Alison
------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You might want to post to a Word =
newsgroup, sounds=20
like a word problem</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Alison Gaus" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:akel4uk@hotmail.com">akel4uk@hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able to =
very easily=20
  email a merged document and send it automatuically to the relevant =
contacts in=20
  my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms and fields but =
it=20
  worked beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I =
can no longer=20
  do this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found business =
manager=20
  could do this - yes - but not with my custom forms and =
fields!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge =
and then send=20
  separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50--

0
DL

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01C54407.B6EA85D0

No - its definately an outlook thing as i am using outlook to start the =
meerge and i can merge fine to html or text just not as an attachment, =
word is only the document - ioutlook is the client - It worked fine in =
xp - trying to find an 3rd party addin that may do it.

Alison
  "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>No - its definately an outlook thing as =
i am using=20
outlook to start the meerge and i can merge fine to html or text just =
not as an=20
attachment, word is only the document - ioutlook is the client - It =
worked fine=20
in xp - trying to find an 3rd party addin that may do it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"DL" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:dl@spoofmail">dl@spoofmail</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OG45by$QFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl">news:OG45by$QFHA.2356=
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You might want to post to a Word =
newsgroup,=20
  sounds like a word problem</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Alison Gaus" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:akel4uk@hotmail.com">akel4uk@hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able =
to very=20
    easily email a merged document and send it automatuically to the =
relevant=20
    contacts in my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms =
and=20
    fields but it worked beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I =
can no=20
    longer do this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found =
business=20
    manager could do this - yes - but not with my custom forms and=20
    fields!!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge =
and then=20
    send separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01C54407.B6EA85D0--

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 10:13:57 AM
Well documented.
Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
Look for a third party alternative:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document and
send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an attachment.
I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!

After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just hangs -
I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but not
with my custom forms and fields!!

Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
contact - what a pain!!!!

Alison

0
russval1 (2100)
4/18/2005 10:25:06 AM
Thank you!

The whole office suite

But I had no third party last time and it worked very well with office XP -
have they just disabled in 2003?

All the download links do not seem to work for the 3rd party applications -
I shall persevere though!!

Thanks

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 12:29:42 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:00 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

Any more suggestions????? PLEASE!!

Alison

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:24 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

Any more suggestions????? PLEASE!!

Alison

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:26 PM
Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous =
versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML, of course, avoids security prompts.=20

And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text =
or a blank message with an attachment that contains merge text. You =
cannot get Office to do a message with merge text & an attachment with =
merge text.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document and=20
> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an =
attachment.=20
> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>=20
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs -=20
> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but not=20
> with my custom forms and fields!!
>=20
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each=20
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>=20
> Alison=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/18/2005 6:40:02 PM
Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line in,
but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose attachment,
word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus secirity
msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information only
word hangs outlook remains fine -

The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to perform
one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a much
faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work - sods
law!!

As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous
versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only HTML, of
course, avoids security prompts.

And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a message
with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a blank
message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get Office
to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and
> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment.
> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs -
> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
> not
> with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 10:43:03 PM
I suspect that the security prompt is there, but behind the Word window. =
That would certainly make Word appear to hang. Try clicking on the =
Outlook button on the task bar.=20

> Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line =
in,=20
> but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose =
attachment,=20
> word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus =
secirity=20
> msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information =
only=20
> word hangs outlook remains fine -
>=20
> The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to =
perform=20
> one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a much =

> faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work =
- sods=20
> law!!
>=20
> As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that =
slipstick=20
> recommended - and some
> more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - =
> have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe =
10
> merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
> toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been =
at this
> all day and it is very frustrating
>=20
>=20
> Alison
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous=20
> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML, of=20
> course, avoids security prompts.
>=20
> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message=20
> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank=20
> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get =
Office=20
> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.
>=20
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Well documented.
>> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
>> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
>> Look for a third party alternative:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>

>> --=20
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document=20
>> and
>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an=20
>> attachment.
>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>
>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just=20
>> hangs -
>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but=20
>> not
>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>
>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each
>> contact - what a pain!!!!
>>
>> Alison
>>
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/18/2005 10:58:12 PM
No it definitely isn't, word just stops working, you can minimise it but in
task manager - it says not responding and its cpu usage stays at around
50% - doesn't move at all like it would do if it was processing!

Could there be anything else stopping it work everything is the same on this
pc except this is a dell with, I  presume, its own security settings - could
that be the problem and if yes how do I
a     find out
b    disable it

> [...]

>> Look for a third party alternative:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>

>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>> and
>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>> attachment.
>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>
>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>> hangs -
>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>> not
>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>
>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each

0
akel4uk (12)
4/19/2005 7:34:34 AM
I know of no reason why it wouldn't work. There are no settings =
involved.=20

> No it definitely isn't, word just stops working, you can minimise it =
but in=20
> task manager - it says not responding and its cpu usage stays at =
around=20
> 50% - doesn't move at all like it would do if it was processing!
>=20
> Could there be anything else stopping it work everything is the same =
on this=20
> pc except this is a dell with, I  presume, its own security settings - =
could=20
> that be the problem and if yes how do I
> a     find out
> b    disable it
>=20
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> I suspect that the security prompt is there, but behind the Word =
window.=20
> That would certainly make Word appear to hang. Try clicking on the =
Outlook=20
> button on the task bar.
>=20
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line =
in,
>> but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose =
attachment,
>> word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus =
secirity
>> msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information =
only
>> word hangs outlook remains fine -
>>
>> The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to =
perform
>> one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a =
much
>> faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work =
-=20
>> sods
>> law!!
>>
>> As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that =
slipstick
>> recommended - and some
>> more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked =
- I
>> have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe =
10
>> merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
>> toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been =
at=20
>> this
>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>

>> Alison
>>
>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous
>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML,=20
>> of
>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>
>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message
>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank
>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get =
Office
>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Well documented.
>>> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
>>> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --=20
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each
>>> contact - what a pain!!!!
>>>
>>> Alison
>>>

>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/19/2005 1:44:32 PM
Have delved further and discovered that it will not send as attachment even
if you merge to document and then use 'send to recipient as an attachment'.
I had to 'save as'  and then 'send to recipient as an attachment'.

There must be something stopping it - maybe the merge fields or something
that are only there at the merge instance and are not after saving.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/19/2005 6:11:57 PM
Having now finally installed prowirte and got it configured correctly - i
again tried a merge, it got as far as the merge but could not put the email
to the outbox AGAIN!! - is this a mapi issue - i do not understand mapi at
all - should i go for an unistall and reinstall of office?

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/20/2005 12:37:17 AM
I have finally worked out what is causing the problem!

Inside the main document is a text box with a merge field in it - when i
remove the box it works fine! - Is this a setting i can adjust as i know i
have merged with a text box present before - if not themn i will have to
work around the text box.

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/20/2005 8:26:22 PM
That definitely sounds like a contributing factor. IIRC, form fields =
generally don't work on email messages. Putting that merge field in the =
text without a text box field should work, though.=20

> [...]
>>> this
>>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>>

>>> Alison
>>>
>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous
>>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML,
>>> of
>>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>>
>>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a=20
>>> message
>>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank
>>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get=20
>>> Office
>>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

0
suemvp (4038)
4/20/2005 9:14:49 PM
converted text box to a frame - all working!! goodness what a palava!!!!

Thank you so much for your help.

> [...]

>>> this
>>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>>

>>> Alison
>>>
>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous
>>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only
>>> HTML,
>>> of
>>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>>
>>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a
>>> message
>>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a
>>> blank
>>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get
>>> Office
>>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

0
akel4uk (12)

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Email with attachments
I have a user reporting that since installing the Laptop CRM client, email with attachments will just sit in his outbox unable to send. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this. He is the only client that we have running Vista. ...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Saving attachments...
I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a network drive:\my documents. But everytime I open a word or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it it goes to the temporary internet folder. I am using Office 2003. When I open a document in word or excel and do a save as it will automatically go to network drive:\my documents. Outlook uses the securetemp folder for attachments opened directly from email. either save it before opening and open the saved copy or use the place bar to select another location. http://www.outlooktips.net/archives/20030828.htm -- Diane...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

Question about a Merge (for a Report)
I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there ... unfortunately my records are listed one per page (I only have 2 fields per page) .. but I have over 1,000 pages .. it should be line after line .. as I have it set on NO SPACING .. any ideas as to what I can do? :) .. I appreciate the help :) .. I think this is a Word question. I quick google found mention of the merge code <<Next Record>>. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hrbsh97" wrote: > I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there >...

Search for keywords in attachments in Notes Tab
Hello, Our users from our HR deparment attach alot of word documents in the notes. Is it possible in a way to index this? so that you can search after keywords in the word/pdf documents that are attached? (like the crawling in MOSS 2007) Or is this a new cool release in CRM 4? Thank you in advance Due to the method the CRM uses when storing attachments, you can't search teh content (and no, this isn't changing in 4.0). If you need this type of attachement capability, you might consider leveraging MOSS for the attachments instead of CRM's capability. It's not that diff...