Mail-merge for e-mail

When using the mail-merge functions in order to send personalized e-mails to each of the students (e.g. how each did in his/her exam, what individual grade they obtained, which questions they answered wrongly, etc.), I set up an Excel spreadsheet that has each of the fields I need. The process works very well all the way to what appears to be the last, or next to the last step. That is, I get to review the individual e-mails, they look fine, and I get to enter the e-mail's subject. But, when I finally click on Ok to submit the e-mail, it does not perform the function. In one instance, I saw an intermediate screen which appeared to be looking into my Netscape's e-mail client for the outgoing SMTP mail server

I am using Office Professional 2003

I belive that even if one invokes the mail-merge option from within Outlook, it essentially uses the Word application to do the job

I have started from both Outlook and Word, and at the end of the process I still get no e-mail delivery

By the way, my Outlook has been fully set up as a client for my standard IMAP server. That is, I can use either Outlook or Netscape (or for that matter Mozilla) to access my e-mail and send e-mails, and they all work perfectly well. However, I believe only Outlook has the highly desirable mail-merge capability

0
anonymous (74722)

And which email program is set as your default?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"PharmTeach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using the mail-merge functions in order to send personalized e-mails
to each of the students (e.g. how each did in his/her exam, what individual
grade they obtained, which questions they answered wrongly, etc.), I set up
an Excel spreadsheet that has each of the fields I need. The process works
very well all the way to what appears to be the last, or next to the last
step. That is, I get to review the individual e-mails, they look fine, and I
get to enter the e-mail's subject. But, when I finally click on Ok to submit
the e-mail, it does not perform the function. In one instance, I saw an
intermediate screen which appeared to be looking into my Netscape's e-mail
client for the outgoing SMTP mail server.

> I am using Office Professional 2003.
>
> I belive that even if one invokes the mail-merge option from within
Outlook, it essentially uses the Word application to do the job.

> I have started from both Outlook and Word, and at the end of the process I
still get no e-mail delivery.

> By the way, my Outlook has been fully set up as a client for my standard
IMAP server. That is, I can use either Outlook or Netscape (or for that
matter Mozilla) to access my e-mail and send e-mails, and they all work
perfectly well. However, I believe only Outlook has the highly desirable
mail-merge capability.

0
russval (3097)

AOL Internet Mail and Exchange 2000
For the past day, no one in my company can send emails to any email address that uses AOL. The sent emails go through my queue and do not send any non delivery reports back to the server. As far as I can tell through all of the logging, everything goes through just fine. Clients and vendors of my company still say that they never received the emails though For the past 4 years I have been using the same email addresses and I never had a problem prior Any thoughts? Robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For the past day, no one in my company can send emails to any ema...

Outlook won't send my e-mail messages synced to Yahoo.
I attempted to sync my Yahoo Mail Plus account Outlook. So far, my Yahoo inbox mail has synced to Outlook. I also moved my contact/address book to Outlook. However, when I attempt to reply to or compose new e-mails to send, they aren't being mailed. When Outlook attempts to send an e-mail to the server, it's not being received. I do receive a message telling me so. I'm a novice at all of this and need any help you can offer. Which version of Outlook are you using? > I do receive a message telling me so. What kind of message is that and what is its exact contents? ...

Windows Live Mail question.
Using OE when messages were downloaded they were then deleted from ISP's server. This isn't happening with Live Mail, they are still on the server. Have been through the Options in Live Mail but can't find how to do this. Replies appreciated. Kenny Cargill Found this: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=6a98f0d1-95d9-4868-9ed8-6aa2f7cef794&cat=en_US_0405EAE1-3A5E-559F-59E6-B48513D5B57E&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 but I have the same problem as this guy, I...

Can't see SENT mail
All of November's sent mail is missing or I cannot see. How can I view what I've sent? -- Gene "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C959931D-4B82-4BD3-9D01-72FA3842B172@microsoft.com... > All of November's sent mail is missing or I cannot see. How can I view > what > I've sent? > -- > Gene Open to the Sent Items Folder>view menu>current view>ensure that show all messages is selected. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ "Gene" &l...

Unsent e-pay "stuck" in register
I set up two e-pays to the same vendor on the same day. Money balked at duplicate payments and only sent one. I resent the payment I needed but now - the original e-pay is still in my resgister "unsent" - it cannot be deleted - it has not been sent - when you view the "to be sent" transactions it's not there - I cannot even mark the entry as void to reconcile the account How do I get rid of this e-pay stuck in limbo? thanks Bob This sounds like the same problem I'm having. Is the entry italicized in your check register? I found the following post from Feb...

How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.
We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using 8 for the gateway setting and and 7 for the junk e-mail setting. -- tigerfanlsu On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the >Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? >Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using...

0x800CCC97 receiving mail
This morning I started getting persistent errors from Outlook 2002: Task '[my email account] - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC97) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC97' It's been happening for about 7 hours. I actually do get mail OK, but the error message keeps popping up. My ISP has no suggestions, but other users accessing the same mail server with Outlook are not reporting problems. I didn't change anything I know of except three windows 2000 Security updates just went on (817606, 822679, 823559). This is Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2, and the ...

Mail Merge macro
How can I record a macro, with a pause, and then resume the macro to make a mail merge. Data for merge is stored in Excel. Form is set up in Word. I can't get the macro to record. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think I'd record the macro while in MSWord. I would think that it would be easier there (from someone who hasn't done this). If you think that it might be true, you may want to post in one of the MSWord newsgroups. Wonder Women wrote: > > How can I record a macro, with a pause, and then resume the macro to make a > mail merge. Data for merge is...

2 Personal Folders in Mail Navigation Pane
I'm using Outlook 2003 - I've just moved my outlook.pst file from my old computer to my new computer. Now in the Mail>Navigation Pane that appears down the left hand side I have 2 sets of Personal Folders. Both appear to be identical and have the same set of sub folders that I've moved across from my old computer. Does anybody know how I can get rid of both of these? Many thanks, Andrew Microsoft Newsserver <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 - I've just moved my outlook.pst file from my > old computer to my new computer. Now in the ...

Hello, have a question: Is the Mail-Merge functionality in CRM 4.0 better than in 3.0? The restricted field access for the Mail-Merge in CRM 3.0 is bothering me a lot and I am thinking of updating if 4.0 is better in that area. Any comments? Thank you in advance! Harald Battran Download the VPC and try it out We don't know what your expectations are but all in all - the Outlook client is much much better "Harald Battran" <harald.battran@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:e0dbe287-2e18-4c8e-8489-a2c5b96a39df@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > >...

Junk Mail won't delete or move
For some reason the emails in my Junk Mail folder won't allow anything. Can't move or delete them. I've changed my options to discard junk mail to keep it from building too large. Any ideas? Did you try right click, "Empty Junk"? Did you try to open the folder, highlight all messages, and drag them to the recycle bin? "Panic" <wrong@cox.net> wrote in message news:hgj722$581$1@aioe.org... > For some reason the emails in my Junk Mail folder won't allow anything. > Can't move or delete them. I've changed my options to ...

Why do HTML versions differ when sendiing template as mail or as autoresponse? #2
Is this the cause why HTML templates look different when send as autoresponse ... Created *.oft templates and their derived emails have HTML version <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> Sending the *SAME* template as autoresponse mail has HTML version <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> I used the SAME account and the SAME template (in HTML 4.0). Why is the autoresponse mail SENT in a lower version that it's originating HTML *.oft template ??? Clues are highly appreciated! (wrong setting, old DLL's, bug or wha...

Self replicating e-mails (2)
Subject: Self-Replicating e-mails From: "Tom G." <astroman@tampabay.rr.com> Sent: 11/28/2003 9:36:58 PM Request a recommendation on what action I may need to take, please. I greatly appreciate your help: System: two computers, home-networked. computer(1): hp desktop, pentium 4, XP w/ MS Outlook (2003) computer(2): compaq presario 1700, ME w/ MS Outlook (2002) Internet Service Provider: Road-Runner via cable modem. Both computers have updated virus protection programs - neither one found a virus after a complete system scan. Description of Problem: computer(1)send...

Outlook won't download from Yahoo mail but Netscape does
I have been using Outlook 2002 successfully for years to download mail from my Yahoo mail pop3 mailbox. Just today I began to experience a problem. When I do a send/receive the program logs onto the Yahoo mailbox and the progress box indicates the number of messages being downloaded and gradually the number of the message being downloaded increases up to the number of messages waiting, but the messages do not appear in the inbox. After the last message is supposedly downloaded I get the following error message: "Task 'Yahoo - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : ...

Tekst usynlig ved skrivning af ny mail
Når jeg danner en ny mail og skriver teksten kan teksten ikke ses. Skriftfarven er Hvid. Hvorledes ændres skriftfarven for Outlook generelt? -- Best Regards Georg ...

Lost mail #2
I had a computer crash (power supply and motherboard). I installed my harddrive as a slave on my new computer and have been able to retrieve my private directory files by taking ownership. Could someone tell me where and how I could access my old outlook (same version as new computer) contacts and emails. I should have made hard copies of important emails, but I didn't and now I desperately need to find my old correspondances. When I open outlook it defaults to the master harddrive. Dan Dan <dorlowski1@cogeco.ca> wrote: > I had a computer crash (power supply and m...

"Merging" .pst files
Hi I have just purchased a new PC running Windows 7 and have installed Office 2007. This will replace an old XP PC with, amongst other things, several years of emails on it (also Outlook 2007). And as the new PC has been used for a few days, there are already a handful of email messages in Outlook. I am confident enough to copy the .pst file from the old PC and put it on the new PC, but if I use File \ Open \ Outlook Data File to open the copied data file I will end up with two "Personal Folders" entries in the Navigation pane - the old, copied one and the new one. W...

Outlook 2003 won't restart with Exchange 2000 mail account
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP tablet. If I create a profile that has an Exchange Server 2000 mail account, Outlook will start up and run fine until I close it and try to restart it. It won't restart. Turns out that Outlook is not really closing the first time. It is still in the running processes. If I terminate the process, Outlook will start up again. Outlook has no problem if configured with Internet mail accounts only. This problem occurs with different profiles on the XP tablet and with different Exchange Server accounts. If I create a new profile, I will sometimes have...

Not receiving e-mail without double clicking a folder
I do not receive my e-mail messages unless I click on a previous e-mail or double clicking on the inbox folder. All of my settings are for automatic send and receive within 3 minutes. I have SP3 installed and have all of the patches installed. Any thoughts that could help would be appreciated. I'm presuming you connect to an Exchange server. Have you asked your sysadmin about this to find out if all users are having the problem? This problem is usually (but not always) due to something (router, switch configured w/VLANs) between your workstation & the server blocking UDP packets...

How to create a new email activity by rule when send mail in outlo
Hi , I have modify the email task to add some more fields. But I cannot edit them when I send email in outlook . and I cannt edit them in Web after send email because it is in "History" instead of "Activities"( I have choose track in Crm and select the regard when send email in outlook and find it in the history tab of regarded object) So , I want to create a new email activity when I send a email and choose regard in outlook, This new activity should be same as the one in "History" but it is new, so I can edit the others fields. Can I do it, if so , could you pl...

merge sheets
is there a way to take data from one worksheet and merge it into another worksheet (which already contains similar data) and to have it not merge the duplicate data? Does merge just mean copy the second worksheet's data at the bottom of the first worksheet's data? If yes, you could do that and then use some of the techniques at Chip Pearson's site to eliminate the duplicated rows (if you have a key column in your data). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm I guess it depends on what your definition of merge is. Mark Kurten wrote: > > is there a way to take data...

Mail merge a spread sheet omitting some entries
I want to use a spreadsheet to create letters but want to omit some of the entries. I have tried hiding but they still show- any help please? Move the ones you do not want outside the set print area. (File - Set print area) "Anglo" wrote: > I want to use a spreadsheet to create letters but want to omit some of the > entries. I have tried hiding but they still show- any help please? ...

E-mailing problems
Dear all, I encountered several problems with the email functionality within dynamics CRM 4.0. Here are the problems: - Direct mailing When sending a mail to more than two contacts the mails are never delivered. Sending an email to a single contact, it works fine. Sending an email to more the one contact via the standard email activity works also fine. - Quick campaign After creating a quick campaign and sending the email, the status reason is still pending and not delivering the emails. There are no entries within the quick campaing except the reason status and the contacts selected. ...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #3
Hi all, I have just created a new distribution lists in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... Hi Marty, sorry but this is not possible. Normally you can create a "PRF file" to configure Outlook automatically with the same settings, but the "Outlook Addressbook" is unsupported for this "auto...

Download older newsgroup posts in Windows Live Mail
How do configure WLM to grab older newsgroup posts? By default, WLM grabs the last 300 messages. I bumped that up to 1000 via tools->options->read->news get 1000 headers at a time. I have news groups that have been around for years, with 1000's of posts. I would like to get those much older posts. But, I can seem to find the option to grab the older posts. I subscribed to a the newsgroup today, WLM grabbed 300 messages from 4/1/10 back to 3/12/10. Every option I select to sync, download, etc, only grabs new messages - I can not find a way to grab something older ...