Mail header

Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from" field, in
the e-mail header. looked like this
From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com>
in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just writes
CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook,
maybe some patch or something, but older  e-mails still display correctly
(Luisa T.B.).
Allso I think it could be an Exchange issue,  when I look at the mails in
OWA, mails allso display incorrectly the  "from" field
from recently, older mails look fine.

0
fmatosic (12)

It sounds like something on the server changed. did you ask your admin about
it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"filip" <fmatosic@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from" field, in
> the e-mail header. looked like this
> From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com>
> in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just writes
> CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook,
> maybe some patch or something, but older  e-mails still display correctly
> (Luisa T.B.).
> Allso I think it could be an Exchange issue,  when I look at the mails in
> OWA, mails allso display incorrectly the  "from" field
> from recently, older mails look fine.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/10/2008 11:39:35 AM
filip <fmatosic@inet.hr> wrote:

> Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from"
> field, in the e-mail header. looked like this
> From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com>
> in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just
> writes CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook,
> maybe some patch or something, but older  e-mails still display
> correctly (Luisa T.B.).

Sounds to me like the sender changed the "Your Name" field of her account on
her PC.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> filip <fmatosic@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>> Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from"
>> field, in the e-mail header. looked like this
>> From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com>
>> in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just
>> writes CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook,
>> maybe some patch or something, but older  e-mails still display
>> correctly (Luisa T.B.).
>
> Sounds to me like the sender changed the "Your Name" field of her account
> on her PC.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
I dont thiks so, because the header in the e-mail is the same (From: "Luisa
T.B. \(CIMPA\)")in all of the e-mails, it hasn't changed, just that outlook
is not writing it out as it should, allso OWA on exchange, so i think
something on exchange is the problem.
I can't trace what happend on the exchange server in the mean time. What
could i look  on exchange to
see how it renders the "From"  in the e-mail header?

0
filip
3/10/2008 4:49:33 PM
look at the display names in active directory.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> filip <fmatosic@inet.hr> wrote:
>>
>>> Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from"
>>> field, in the e-mail header. looked like this
>>> From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com>
>>> in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just
>>> writes CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook,
>>> maybe some patch or something, but older  e-mails still display
>>> correctly (Luisa T.B.).
>>
>> Sounds to me like the sender changed the "Your Name" field of her account
>> on her PC.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> I dont thiks so, because the header in the e-mail is the same (From:
> "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)")in all of the e-mails, it hasn't changed, just that
> outlook
> is not writing it out as it should, allso OWA on exchange, so i think
> something on exchange is the problem.
> I can't trace what happend on the exchange server in the mean time. What
> could i look  on exchange to
> see how it renders the "From"  in the e-mail header?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/10/2008 4:54:07 PM
filip <fmatosic@@inet.hr> wrote:

> I dont thiks so, because the header in the e-mail is the same (From:
> "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)")in all of the e-mails, it hasn't changed, just
> that outlook is not writing it out as it should, allso OWA on
> exchange, so i think something on exchange is the problem.

Then you're asking in the wrong newsgroup.  For OWA questions, ask in
microsoft.public.exchange.clients, because OWA is an Exchange feature and
itsn't part of Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outbound Mail HELP!!!!!!!
I need to how to send mail out. My problem is we use to use a mail firewall that handled all of the inbound/outbound mail. I would point exchange 2003 to that as a smart host and it would handle the rest. My question is where do I point the smtp connector to? if I let dns do it there is some delay/lag. do you point it to the default gateway, pix firewall etc. Thanks If your firewall is responsible for DNS resolution and mail delivery, than forward the mail to it. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:53:05 -0800, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to how to sen...

Mail sent from empty Outbox !
OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace of sent mail in Sent box. I use OL to read/send mail from my 3 different POP accounts, but this happens only with Compuserve acct. Use Norton Antivirus, Pest Patrol and Zone Alarm and none indicate any suspect activity. Any clue? On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:26:20 -0800, "Radi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and >something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace o...

Mail merge recipient dialog box
Why are the "edit" and "refresh" buttons at the bottom of the mail merge recipient dialog box grayed out? They were available in the last Word version but I cannot figure how to access them in 7 to add to or correct my mailing list. In Word 2007, the first thing you have to do is select the name of the data source in the box at the bottom left of the dialog box. Then, depending on the type of data source, the Edit and Refresh buttons may be ungreyed. [FWIW the same dialog is used by MS Publisher, where they allow multiple data sources, requiring you to ...

system tray new mail icon gone :(
Before i used to have an icon pop up in my system tray when i received a new mail. I accidently hid it one time and it no longer comes back. How can i get it back. I run Outlook Xp on a Win XP pro machine. Thanks in advance.. --minnoce944 Check Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. MAke sure the checkbox for "show an envelope in the notification area" is checked. If it is, right click on the Windows taskbar. Choose Properties, then customize. Your icon might have just been set to always hide. If so, you can change it to always show. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook...

On outlook mail,What do you put in the incoming and the outgoing
How do you set up outlook mail on in comeing and outgoing mail Server check out this web site to get the correct information to enter: http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html "Bruce Duncan" wrote: > How do you set up outlook mail on in > comeing and outgoing mail Server Dear, Add a new e-mail account On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. Do one of the following: If your mail system provider is on the list in the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select the one you want to use and...

Sending e-mail on behalf of like in Outlook
In Microsoft CRM it would be nice to have the possebility to send e-mail on behalf of (like in Outlook) In Microsoft CRM When sending emails, in the From field you can only select a user or a queue, so creating queues for each email address could be an option. But this is nothing more than a work around for something which could be much better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Outlook Delevers Same Mail over and over
I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the send or receive button. Any Ideas of what I need to do? Thank you Josh In news:OLblTqFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Josh <jsawyer@insightbb.com> typed: > I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had > the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now > that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the >...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Headers to remian visible
Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs. The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page. I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when entering information into the proper column. Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if r...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

Sending mail in outlook
How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is there any to compose a message in outlook and send it from my hotmail account or my hotmail address linked as the sender? Outlook 2002 was the first version that allowed for Hotmail, check here though for kludgy workaround http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm "Colman" <colmanchamberlain@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09bd01c35aad$65306ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is > there any to compose a message in outlook and send it > from my hotmail acc...

mail delivery #2
an email is shown as delivered to local store (per tracking tool). But user claims that he never received it. Not in deleted items, not in recovery deleted items folder. Not in junk folder. No rules. Is there any tool out there, to check the logs on the mailbox? thnx Have you tried Journaling to tracj your messages? "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A87D1B-C870-401E-83D9-E60326181098@microsoft.com... > an email is shown as delivered to local store (per tracking tool). But > user > claims that he never received it. Not in delet...

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

Why does incoming mail go to Outlook Express not Outlook?
I recently transferred to NTL cable and have been using Outlook Express for a while without problems. I then recently obtained and installed Office XP Pro 2002. During installation, a prompt detected that Express was installed and I was asked if I wished to upgrade to Outlook and transfer all data. I accepted. Since then, my incoming mail still goes to Express only. My internet settings confirm that Outlook is now the default. When Express is opened, it states that Express is NOT the default. I ran "Test Settings" which continually failed until I entered my NTL password. It th...

Outlook Limiting # of E-Mail Addressees
We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! Check with your ISP to see if they have set a limit. Might want to do a mail merge to electronic mail instead, assuming you have the same version of Word as of Outlook (won't work with Outlook Express). Ken wrote: > We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people > (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is > there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! You should have no problems with Outlook and the sendin...