Mail filters #2

How do I put exceptions to mail filters on rules in my
rules wizard?  How specific does it need to be to be
exempted?  most of my exceptions don't seem to be doing
anything leading to a lot of false positives on my spam
filters

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Originator <> #2
Does anyone know how to get rid of these? < > in the Internet Mail Service Queues. We get so many of these and we are not a relay. This has been confirmed via Microsoft. Any help would be great. Thanks. What you are seeing is NDR traffic. Non-Delivery reports are issued with a null originator to prevent mail-loops. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;304897 -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1855601c44a49$450a2fa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to get rid of these?...

Default email client #2
I have set Outlook 2000 as the default email client after switching from Eudora to Outlook, but when I try to send email from the web, it still brings up Eudora. I have checked the programs tab in internet options and it is correct, as is the entry in registry key. This is very frustrating! look at the mailto entry in file associations - windows explorer's tools, folder options, file types dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (...

need to make chart w/ confidence intervals and don't know how #2

3 series
Hi, I have three series of data and I would like to show one as a bar xhart and the two others as lines. This does not exist in the standard chart types nor in the customs ones. Any idea? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create a line chart from your data. Then, right-click on the series that you want as a column, and choose Chart Type from the menu. Select the Column category, and one of the Column subtypes, click OK. Jon Peltier has instructions ...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007
I have MS Outlook 2007 installed on two PCs. What is the recommended way to keep the Calendars from both MS outlooks in sync? Thanks. Locksley http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchan...

Excel 2003 Filter Problem
I recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and am having a problem with filtering. Occasionally (and I don't know what I'm doing that causes it!) when I apply a filter, it "freezes" the worksheet and I'm unable to filter on other columns or even to remove the filter. I'd appreciate any help or ideas! Have you been screwing around cleaning up workbook/worksheet names? Do you see the arrows, but when you click on them, they don't do anything? If yes, maybe this will fix the problem. Select your cells with the arrows -- just the header row is enough. Then Insert|nam...

Consolidated Pivot Tables #2
Hi I have 4 workbooks with customer information in them. I bring them in to one file using consolidated pivot table. The problem is when I have the information - I cannot manipulate it ie: Drag around the columns and Rows - is this possible at all? Thanks Ann If you create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, with a column toidentify the customer, and you'l...

Filtering a lookup field
Hi everyone, Has anyone looked at filtering lookup fields? Essentially want i want to do is filter the primary contact on the business form [crm 3.0] so that it only shows the clients of that business, rather than everyone. Is that possible? Also, is it possible to add other lookups so that there could be secondary contact, billing contact, manager contact... etc? Thanks, Jack ------=_NextPart_0001_10CB3D68 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jack~ You won't be able to do this with CRM out of the box. However, you may be able to do this with SDK. I would t...

My Tasks new view (filtered)
Please explain how to filter tasks (My Tasks) to see only tasks for projects with the custom field (In Progress)? When creating a new view (My Work) I don't see any filter .... You can't filter My Tasks. You can however opt not to publish tasks that have the custom field set to no - generally through the use of a macro in the MPP file. Check out the usage of the Publish field. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Please explain how to filter tasks (My Tasks) to see only tasks for > projects > with the custom field (In Progres...

Rule to filter e-mails with a specific text string in an attachment
Hi all, Does anybody know how I can create a rule in Outlook 2003 to filter incoming e-mails with a specific text string in an attachment. TIA Outlook rules do not work on attachment names or anything to do with attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, roelof100@hotmail.com asked: | Hi all, | | Does anybody know how I can create a rule in Outlook 2003 to filter | incoming e-mails with a specific text strin...

Hyperlink open in new window #2
Yeah, so how do I create a hyperlink on my site that opens in a new window rather than taking visitors from my site? Can this be done? ...

Hlp! Named range Advanced Filter Criterion
Hello, I'm trying to use a named range for my criterion in an advanced filter, to no avail. Here is what I'd like to do: I have a single cell that is named SpecDate. On another worksheet, I have an advanced filter where I would like to specify >SpecDate. If I key the date in manually no problem. But the moment I use a named range, it doesn't work. Are named ranges allowable in Adv Filter criteria? Thanks! Try =">" & SelectDate "Joyce" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to use a named range for my crite...

auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail
auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail Did you have a question? If so, would you care to post your Outlook version? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452CB1F7-AD32-48A5-A0FC-679FE9BE37B2@microsoft.com... > auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail Not all versions of Outlook support it but there are rules addins that add the capability. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, One...

New Mail Icon Double-Click Action
When using Outlook 2003 SP2 (OS: Windows XP SP2) with an IMAP store as the default Inbox, the New Mail icon correctly appears when new mail arrives. Double clicking on the new mail icon opens the Inbox in Personal Folders instead of the defined IMAP Inbox. Is it possible to change this behavior? Thanks for the assistance. David As far as I know, no. <davidski-google@deadheaven.com> wrote in message news:1138405967.281434.32690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > When using Outlook 2003 SP2 (OS: Windows XP SP2) with an IMAP store as > the default Inbox, the New Mail icon cor...

Live Mail does not keep my CONTACTS imported from Outlook Express
I imported my Address Book from Outlook Express 6.0 into Windows Live Mail Contacts. It keeps them stored for a day or so and then "poof" they're gone! My email account is with my service provider, not Hotmail, Yahoo or the like. I have tried to re-import them several times, always with the same result. When I run Registry Mechanic, I repeatedly get this message as one of the items to repair: High Priority: Highlighted value is missing or invalid HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Database Maybe it's nothing. But I figured I'd te...

Quick Questions #2
What's the earliest version of Excel that has a built in Fourier Transform? Also, are moving averages also built in, or countour plotting? TIA. ...

internet mail service mailbox
why would the mailbox for the internet mail service in exchange 5.5 be 915MB and growing? How do I clear it out? is it related tot he edb logs. thankyou Mail sometimes gets stuck in there. Try doing an offline defrag of the mailbox store and see if that cleans it up. You can get in to that mailbox and clean it up, but is NOT pretty. See http://exchange.mvps.org/how_to_access_ims_mailbox_frames.htm -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "just confused" <just confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43609...

Live mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726)
i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8 Recently i could not log in Live mail by code: 0x8000FFFF, however when i change my computer clock to US time zone GMT-5, then it works. Please let me know how to solve the problem. Alex The login is to Windows Live (Messenger, Contacts, Calendar,......). Your question needs to be asked on a Hotmail forum. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Alex Cai" <alex_cai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uHDIw3lcKHA.744@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8 > ...

i am not getting any e mails when clicking rec/send how do i re
outlook problem i am not getting e-mail on misrosoft outlook Maybe posting in an Outlook newsgroup would be better. maxysaxy wrote: > > outlook problem i am not getting e-mail on misrosoft outlook -- Dave Peterson ...

relay help #2
I appear to have external e-mails going threw my server smtp even though I've disabled relaying entirly How did you determine your server is being used as a relay? Is it a single Exchange server environment? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <administrator@fedorowich.com> wrote in message news:%23LhIoNuxGHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I appear to have external e-mails going threw my server smtp even though >I've disabled relaying entirly > On Wed, 23...

Window Live Mail Automatically Files Downloaded Messages
I am wondering if someone can tell me why WLM is downloading new messages in a folder sometimes and not going into the Inbox, or Unread messages? An example is that if someone sends me a message with the subject ABC.... it will go into my ABC folder, not the inbox. The only whay I see it is if I do a search. When the search finds it, it shows as unread? Any help would be appreciated -- David Chisnell Did you install WLMail on a computer that had that message rule in an earlier email program? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "David Chisnell" <Dav...

Looking up information in 2 different workbooks
hi, Im not sure how to use a formula for this problem. On worksheet 1 (daily log) i wish to input a contract number that is asigned to a reg number which will be inputted. i.e. reg order no yt02hjg ? the order number is located in either workbook 2 (cars) or workbook 3 (vans) so i want a formaula that will search both workbooks for the order number and input it. hope that makes sence. cheers Assuming that both workbooks contain your lookup tables in A1:B100, try... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C1,'[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$100,2,0)),VLOOKUP(C1, '...

ANN: HTTPMP
HTTPMP is MAPI transport service provider used to access HTTP mail service accounts (commonly Hotmail). HTTPMP could be used with MAPI compatible client applications (such as Microsoft Office Outlook) to send/receive Hotmail messages in much the same way as POP3 transport. Supported features 1. Sending/receiving messages 2. MIME encoded messages 3. HTML, RTF and text formatted message body 4. Messages with attachments 5. LAN and dial-up mail service account access and polling 6. Auto dial and auto hang-up HTTP mail service account could be accessed in many ways: HTTP mail web interface, Micr...

original mail being deleted when replying
How can I stop outlook from deleting an original note when I reply to it? This has been happening for about six months now. When I open a new note, then click "reply", the original note disappears. Jim <jimellison@mchsi.com> wrote: > How can I stop outlook from deleting an original note when > I reply to it? This has been happening for about six > months now. When I open a new note, then click "reply", > the original note disappears. Most likely it's not being deleted, just marked as read and you have your View set to "Unread Messages"....

Can't find unread mail.
I get an "unread mail" message when I log in with XP (Home Edition Service Pack 2). In Outlook I can not find any unread e-mail messages. I'm using Office Professional 2003. Please advise. Hi please read http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch Bravestar2004@Arcor.de Join me in my Forum @ http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/index.php "FXC" <FXC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1046E61F-9112-47C0-8908-0F21090258E9@microsoft.com... > I get an "unread mail" ...