Macros disabled?

All of a sudden when I try to run a macro in MS Outlook 2003 I'm
getting the following error message:

"The macros in this project are disabled.
Please refer to the online help or
documentation of the host application to
determine how to enable macros."

In addition, it opens the VBA editor and displays the code of the
macro that was called.

Macros did run a couple of days ago.

VBA is installed.  The macro editor is there in MS Outlook.  Alt-F8
and Alt-F11 bring up what you would expect.

If I go into Help, About, Disabled Items, there is the statement
"There are no disabled items." so it's not fixable there.

The company has been installing "patches" remotely "overnight."  Maybe
something they have installed has done this.  I've queried the "help
desk" but won't get a response for a while.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fred Holmes
0
fsh (33)

Have you checked the macro security level for outlook.  It may be set to
high?

Cheers
"Fred Holmes" <fsh@his.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden when I try to run a macro in MS Outlook 2003 I'm
> getting the following error message:
>
> "The macros in this project are disabled.
> Please refer to the online help or
> documentation of the host application to
> determine how to enable macros."
>
> In addition, it opens the VBA editor and displays the code of the
> macro that was called.
>
> Macros did run a couple of days ago.
>
> VBA is installed.  The macro editor is there in MS Outlook.  Alt-F8
> and Alt-F11 bring up what you would expect.
>
> If I go into Help, About, Disabled Items, there is the statement
> "There are no disabled items." so it's not fixable there.
>
> The company has been installing "patches" remotely "overnight."  Maybe
> something they have installed has done this.  I've queried the "help
> desk" but won't get a response for a while.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Fred Holmes

Quick Print Macro
When the SOP Quick Print is set up, does this create a macro file somewhere? Or, is it built into the program code? If it's a macro file, where is the file stored? Hi Elaine When I first wrote the Quick Print feature for Named Printers, it did use a macro. This is because a macro was the only automated method I could use to press "Save" on the "Save, Discard, Cancel" dialog. This was because Named Printers was originally a 3rd party addon. When Named Printers became core in v6, the developers could change the original scripts on the SOP_Entry window to avoi...

Combo box change to run Macro
I have a combo box on the frmAssessment with a list of Assessors from a lookup table. I want to send an email to the Assessor who's name is displayed in the box either when a new entry or a change of names when editing. I created a macro with a condition of [RNAssessor] = "Jane Doe" and the action SendObject with Jane Doe's email address - similarly for each Assessor's name. The problem I'm having is I cannot get the event to trigger. I tried the OnChange and AfterUpdate events and they don't work. Any help you can give me will be much app...

Macro "If Then"
I want to use a macro to cut a range of data and place it into a different worksheet. It looks like this: Cell A6 is a Validation list with 3 names. Each name represents a set of data which each have their own named worksheet. The data is keyed into A7:A15. The 3 types of data need to be sent to the correct worksheet and pasted at the bottom of the data base, and the cursor needs to be returned to cell A6 (validation list)of the first sheet. I can get the macro to run one "If Then arguement", but I do not know how to tie in the remainding 2 worksheets. Hope I explaine dmy probl...

Outlook
I have an Excel spreadsheet - and every day I have to copy the data to an email. I'd like to create a macro that pulls the subject from cell G7, copies the range of data from cells A15:B100 for example then pastes special formatted text into the email body and puts a specific name into the "To" field. I'm comfortable with Excel macros but close to clueless with Outlook macros. Would this be done from Outlook or from Excel or what? Any help is appreciated. You'd need to do some VBA coding to do that in Excel or Outlook. Might actually be easier to use ...

Macro to open file bypasses Auto_Open
I have the following code. Workbooks.Open Filename:=vOpen, UpdateLinks:=3 But when I run this it does not process the macro Auto_Open. Why is this? I would like for code to run on the opening of the file regardless of how the user opened it. (ie. If they opened it using File / Open on the menu then yes, the Auto_Open would run. But I also want code to run even if they write their own macro to open it.) Thank you, Steven That's the way excel was designed to work. Lots of times, developers want to open the workbook without having that macro run (maybe they&...

saving macros excel 97
i have a user who is asking if he can save his macros and how? we are upgrading him to office xp 2002 thanks Macros are stored in workbooks. Upgrading doesn't remove any user files. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:21:01 -0700, "Antz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a user who is asking if he can save his macros and >how? we are upgrading him to office xp 2002 > >thanks > ...

"Modal like" disabling window.
I want to disable window just like modal dialog disabling his parent. I want that window to be disabled, but I want to capture event when user tries to set focus to that disabled window, and then set focus to another window, and flash it (like modal window flashing when you try to click on disabled parent). Or at least I need to handle event when user tries to use disabled window UI. Just create the child window and change its z order,so that it come top of the parent window..,override the WM_SETFOCUS message of the parent and set the focus to the child window...just try It...I never...

link in macro
i would like a link in a macro but dont know how i can give it. i mean i have a macro and use an adress like this http://ad..... of course i want to copy something from there to my work sheet. Help me please. thanks. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software ...

Links or macros?
What is the best way to save data from one identical worksheet to another on a server, without having to remember to manually update? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bonnie Bonnie, Links to other unopened workbooks in Excel are exteeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly slow. Unfortunately, whetever Lotus did to make their links update like lightning, the folks at MS couldn't duplicate. My suggestion would be to save the sheet on the server via a macro. Post back with more specifics and someone will surely help you out with this. John "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Macros with small difference??
I have a macro that fills a column of cells with white and puts N O F I E L D T R I P S T H I S Y E A R vertically. I want this macro to run on a different set of cells (for different years, e.g. 2003, 2004 etc.) but with the same actions. Is there a short way of doing this other than copying and pasting the macro into 6 different macros, just changing the cell references? Thx for help people KrisB_bacon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, If you make the cell reference variable you will be able to use it how you like without retyping the macro for different c...

automatic macros day 2
Thanks everone, it finally works!!!! Great Another question about this: If I want to have more then one macro run when the file opens do I just add more at the same spot in this workbook? Example: Public sub workbook_open() Macro18 end sub Public sub workbook_open() Macro41 end sub I kind of doubt it, this would be too easy! LOL Thanks You asked same question in you original thread where it was answered to call two macros (or just combine the macros).. It is (usually) best to stick to a single thread when continuing something. So that someone searching archives can see ...

Disable other users Folder
Hi I need some help regards to restricting users from viewing other users folder like inbox, calendar etc via outlook. If you go to file, open and select other users folder, you can type in other user mailbox, and browse to any folder i.e inbox, contacts, calendar etc- I want restrict users from viewing this at all. I have exchange 5.5 running on Win nt server box with Windows 2000 domain- Any help would be appreciated- Thanks This is disabled by default. I'd look at your Org - Site and Config and see if some random group has been added is in there with permissions - like Domain ...

Run conditional macros
Hi, I wonder if there is a way to run macros conditionally (using the I function). For example, if the value of cell A1 is "up" run the macro "go up" an if the value is any other thing, run the macro "stay there". I appreciate in advance any help that you can provide me in thi matter. Ande -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ander You will need to install a Worksheet_Change macro in the workshee module sheet Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Select Case Target.Value Case &q...

Macro for checkbox (2)
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Macro to change pivot field
This is a re-post as my questions hasn't been answered by anyone... Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have written a macro that changes (hides / shows) fields on a pivot table. One of these changes the field used for the page fields section of the pivot table. However, when i add a field to this section, it defaults to All. How can have this field default to the latest value in this field. Let me explain further: I want the pivot to be shown either by date or by week. The macro then changes the page field section to show either the date or week field. If ...

Macro
I'm having trouble recording a macro that will insert slashes into a cell that already has data in it. For example, a cell contains the following data "20080723" and I want to create a macro, using "relative references" that will insert slashes as follows "2008/07/23." In other words, I want the macro to create the slashes in that location in the cell regardless of what is in the cell. For example, if the cell contains 20061103, I want the end result to be 2006/11/03. However, when I run the macro, I still get 2008/07/03, regardless of what i...

Macro recording toolbar missing
why can't I see recording toolbar with stop and absolute/relative button while recording macro in Excel 2000? Hello Keep the Visual Basic Toolbar visible in Excel and thus you will have access to any option: View, Tool bars, Visual Basic and place the tool bar somewhere near the standard tool bar for example. Each time you will launch Excel, the VB tool bar will be there. HTH Cordially Pascal "Rai" <Rai@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:0CFBDB03-AB8B-430C-ABAF-6FB93DC52BA9@microsoft.com... > why can't I see recording toolbar with stop and ...

E-mail hyperlinks-need to disable these #2
In Excel 2000 (I know, should update the program, but since I am low-level in a large government agency, this is not an option), is it possible to turn off the automatic creation of a hyperlink when entering an e-mail address? I'd like these to show as plain text, but I can't find any solution other than individually removing the hyperlink, but this is a pain when many addresses are created. I saw a solution for Excel 2002, but this doesn't appear in 2000 (Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths ...

Two Macros-One Module
Your Team answered two questions with copy-able codes that I was able to get to work seperately. (1) Entering time without ":" or "AM/PM" and (2) a default to "PM" only upon entry/exit of cell - they're great! I never did a macro before and it is cool! Follwoing are the two macro codes so that you may tell me which lines to delete/change. MACRO-1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim TimeStr As String On Error GoTo EndMacro If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("E8:F13,E18:F23")) Is Nothi...

Excel Macro Help.....
I have this to insert Data from word to the first empty row in excel bu somehow it replaces the first row and that's where it only insert data... Any Help?:rolleyes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you want to get the first empty row? For column A, that can be got with Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row+1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "alihussain19 >" <<alihussain19.14rm4o@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:alihu...

Selecting cell ranges only with text using a macro
Hi, I would like to select only the cells with text inside in a specifie column, and then define them with a name. For example, my data starts at cell B5. How would I select all th cells with data from B5 to Bx and then define them with a name? Thanks. : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select B5 to B(whatever). Edit|goto|Special Now your choices begin. If you mean text (like constants), check that option button. You can even limit it to numbers/text/logicals (True/False)/errors. Now with those cells selected, you can use Insert|name|Define to give it a nice name. (...

Disable Multi Bin
We have a customer that was using multi-bin and is now not going to use it. What are the steps to properly disable multi-bin? Also, remove bin information from the item quantity. Thanks! ...

Disable print from standard toolbar button
Hi Folks, I have a workbook where I want users to be able to print only from the print controls I have on the worksheets. I have disabled all the print controls using: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=4) 'print Ctrl.Enabled = False Next Ctrl End Sub However, the print button on the standard toolbar is still active. How do I disable this too? Thanks, Scott ...

Disable Password Caching for Outlook 2003
I have found several article to Disable Password Caching in Outlook 2002, but this does not seem to work for Outlook 2003. Does anyone know where the registry settings are located to do this? Mike ...

How to share macros in Word 2003
Let me start off by saying I do not write VBA code. I can make some simple macros using the Record Macros feature in Word. I need to know how I can share my macros with others. I have Word 2003 and I am on a network. I have tried various things I have found on the internet, including directions on how to share macros in Word 2002 (which seemed to work for some but not all and did not copy any shortcut keys for the ones it did work for). I even created a template and using the macros Organizer transferred NewMacros from my Normal.dot to this template, then attached it as an...