Macro Freezes Reading Pane

I have a macro that Sends/Receives Tasks from Project Server into
Outlook Tasks. Everything is working fine, except one weird thing that
happens. I have the Timer set on the macro and it starts as soon as
Outlook starts. The macro gets the tasks from ProjectServer every hour.
As soon as the macro starts running the Reading pane freezes in the
Inbox. If i stop the macro then Reading pane is back to normal. Can
anyone please tell me if there is something I can do in VBA to fix this
annoying issue.

Thanks a lot

Macro-Window not found error when completed0unable to exit
Hi, I have been able to sucessfully get few enquiry routines to auto login, perform the task and logoff in GP. But when it comes to SOP batch posting or Utility> Reconcile as a scheduled task driven from macros I get the "Window not found" error towards the tail end of the macro. I have similar command lines in the macro to exit out of the application but it does not close the session. Has any one got sample code that would do the trick, or any work arounds ? The macro failure error will give you the line number on which the macro failed. If you open that line in t...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Refresh form after macro updates fields
I'm using Access 07. I have a form Employees based on a table of the same name. I also have a form Policies also based on a table of that same name. Table Employees contains basic personal information on employees, while Policies contains insurance policy information. The policies table also contains some of the same info as the Employees table (name, DOB, etc ...) An employee may have multiple policies. On the data entry form Employees, the user enters the basic employee info (name, DOB, SSN, etc ...) then clicks a button to open the entry form for Policies. On the Po...

I don't know but I may need a macro?
I don't know but I may need a macro? This is a golf league There are the regular players and the substitute players On worksheet1, I enter scores for individual players and the substitute players. On worksheet2, the scores are transfered from worksheet1, and further calculations are made. Under perfect conditions, if no substitute players are playing, all the scores I entered on worksheet1, transfer to worksheet2, and all is right with the world, my work is done, all I have to do is print. However, If a regular player is "MIA", that transfers to worksheet2 a "MIA",...

any known problems with calculating Excel XP macros in Excel 2000?
I have a large spreadsheet using my own Visual Basic for Excel macros which I originally wrote in Office 97; I now use Office XP at home and Office 2000 at work. When I tried running the Office XP version at work under Office 2000 it caused an error on recalculating. It said it had written an error log but didn't tell me where. My IT department said there were known incompatibilites between Office XP and Office 2000 and I should save the spreadsheet as Office 2000. I can't do that, only Office 97 or 95. I'll try the Office 97 version tomorrow; in the meantime can anyone ...

Change navigation pane
I would like to change the "Sales" button to another name in the left navigation pane of the main window of crm v3. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Changing outlook reading panel fonts
Hi, One of my clients has a worker with very poort vision, he actually qualifies as legal blind, but retains enough vision to be able to use a computer, with a TV sized monitor on his desk. He find it much easier to read serif fonts, and so would like to change the font in the right hand reading pane in outlook 2004, and the reading pane when a message is double clicked to open the e-mail in it's own window. I can see no place in the menus to do this, can it be done using VBA ? Regards Glenn news.tpg.com.au <glenn.johnston@ecll.com.au> wrote: > One of my clients has ...

Read/Write binary file data to/from string
Hi all I have not much experiance in reading/writing binary of files. I would like to read the binary data of a file into a string. It would nice to have it as string because I need to store it. After this I would like to create a new file from this binary string data. Is this possible ?? Thanks and best regards Frank Uray "Frank Uray" <FrankUray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72AC0DB4-EC3E-4E65-82B0-86C5AEAFFBC0@microsoft.com... > I would like to read the binary data of a file into a string. > It would nice to have it as string beca...

How do I un-freeze Outlook?
Need help! I can bring up the outlook page and I see all my already- read e-mails and files but when I click on any new e-mail or anything on the menu -- it freezes. I have rebooted several times to no avail. Does anyone know how I can unfreeze outlook so I can use it again!? Thanks. find and rename outcmd.dat and *.srs. if that fails, report back with the version of outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Macro to assign category and move to folder for new emails I send
Hi. I always file my "sent" emails as I write them. Since there is no "macro recorder" in Outlook 2007, can you please provide me with a macro that will do this sequence: Options|Save Sent Item (gives drop-down list of folders) Options|More Options|Categories (gives drop-down list of categories)|Close Send I'd like a keyboard shortcut, too, like: Ctl + C,F Thank you. ...

Macro with actions on variable/dynamic pathnames
Ian - or whome it might interest :) I try to make the macro (below) a bit more flexible to adopt dynamic folders by using a formula in my workbook "UserList.xls" - where - range A1.value contains thie dynamic filpath as expression - exmpl: "c: \Aplications\Report\" - which more easily can be used to direct the macro to take actions and search for files in various folders - as C:\variable\variable\" I cant find out how to change the hardcoded expression: "c:\Aplications\Report\" with formula-based expression:"C:\variable \variable\" Best Regards Sn...

How to assign a macro to a commnd button
I have created a Macro to perform the task of taking the user from one worksheet to another upon clicking the command button. However when right clicking on my mouse to view the short cut menu for the command button there is no option to assign a macro to the button? The options availabl to me are the format control at the bottom of the short cut menu. How do I activate a Macro on a command button?? You can assign macros in the way you want to buttons created from the Forms toolbar. You've created a button from the Control Toolbox instead. You can use the button's _Click() eve...

Excel macros -looking for good resources
I am using Excel 2000 and am wondering if anyone can recommend good places to learn about building macros, best practices, etc. Thanks, Joe From Norman Harker *********************** Here's a bit of a summary collation of Excel resources posted originally in response to a question on how to become an Excel Expert. Perhaps the very best resource is yourself! Few experts have gained their in-depth knowledge other than by banging their heads on the keyboard trying to work out solutions to problems. It's sometimes frustrating but even blind alleys teach you things and successes are ...

triggering a macro by workbook_close or workbook_open
I've been getting some help on this, and I have worksheets that I'd lik to veryhide on closing, and unhide on opening if macros are enabled otherwise it displays a warning worksheet. what I have been doing i just hiding it all before I close it, but I'm thinking what if someon else uses my template, opens it with macros, closes it, then open without macros, then it won't work anymore, and they will be able t see it. so I created the following code, but it isn't working.. please help. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect password:="******" Shee...

Autoexec macro
How do I create an "Autoexec" macro in Visio, to be run whenever Visio starts (not just when I open a particular document)? Visio has the same "Viewing Toolbar" problem as the other MS Office applications (Viewing toolbar displays whenever you start up MS Word or Excel or Visio, no matter how many times you turn it off). This works in MS Word: 'Add the following routine to the normal.dot file Sub AutoExec() ' ' AutoExec Macro ' Macro created 4/21/2005 by Wayne Erfling ' With CommandBars("Reviewing") .Visible = False End With End...

Macro to copy and paste all rows of data in between two words
Dear Group This is probably somewhere here on this site but I cannot seem to track it down so I hope someone can help me. I am looking for a macro that can find the word "Start" in column B and then move one row and select all the rows until the word "End" is found in Column B". Then copy from sheet named "Datafrom" to sheet named "Datato". I really hope someone can help with this. Thanks very much in advance. Try; Sub DoIt() Dim rRange As Range On Error Resume Next Set rRange = Range(Range("A:A").Find("...

returned mail
--------------------------------------- There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <servername #5.5.0 smtp;552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email> --------------------------------------- I cannot figure out why this error continues to come up. This just started after loading the patches from last Tuesday, and it does not happen with all office files. These files probably do have macro's, but they had no problems sending before last Tuesday's patch day. A googl...

Reading DBF files in Excel 2007
I noticed that some people were having issues that Excel 2007 does not read/write dbf files. I might be wrong - if so - please ignore this. I have written a simple vbscript to read dbf files. It is not perfect yet (needs work on typing). I have almost finished one for writing as well. Here is the reading script's URL: http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2007/12/read-dbf-files-with-excel-2007- vbscript.html Feedback welcome -- http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2007/12/baby-steps-how-to-become-excel- god.html ...

reading another cell to place 4 amount
I am trying to add a formula that will figure out a dollar amount. example cell a1 has the number 12 in it I want cell b1 to say $100 if cell A1 is between 12-14, if not i should be zero. thank you in advance, Mike Manic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com how about =if(and(b1>=12,b1<14),100,) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "manickmj >" <<manickmj.1cn5zf@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:manickmj.1cn5zf@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to add a formula that will figure out a dollar amount. > > exampl...

Populate read-only form from SQL stored proc
Hello, I'm trying to open a recordset from a stored procedure and read the rs to populate my form but it keeps telling me that the rs is closed. I do... Set rs = cnnBE.Execute("exec dbo.uspGetBalance 1, '2007-1-1', 1") With rs Do While Not .EOF Debug.Print !AcNo .MoveNext Loop .Close End With and it does not work. However this works... cnnBE.Execute "exec dbo.uspGetBalance 1, '2007-1-1', 1" Set rs = cnnBE.Execute("SELECT * from tbltmpLastID WHERE UserNo = 1") With rs ...

Upgraded Outlook 2003 & application freezes
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from XP Office & it constantly freezes on me for no apparent reasons. a. It freezes when I am typing a mail halfway b. It freezes when I multi-task & switch from 1 application to another It is most irritating & I cannot seem to find a solution for it. None of the other Office 2003 - word, powerpoint or excel does this. Only Outlook. Anyone has a solution?? I am praying for one, Joyce Did you create a new profile? If not, try that first. If that fails, rename outcmd.dat and restart outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Tea...

Add Macro to Excel
Hi, I would like to be able to open excel and have a macro that opens automatically, so I can use it on any file that I open. Is there a way of doing this? Im sure I've done it before, i just cant find how todo it again. Regards James Store the macro in your personal.xls file. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=18 ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "James Proctor" <JamesProctor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00A0F878-20F1-4870-8C71-7EB7BF0F84B8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

can't read
I receive mails without the attachents. instate i get (see below) as attachment. How do i fix this and see my attachment. ------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C3B4B2.B3230160 Content-Type: application/msword; name="Notulen statuten 26-11-02.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Notulen statuten 26-11-02.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAA EAAAYgAAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAF8AAAD///////////// etc etc etc ... What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

After running a macro the first character, entered, is swallowed
Hello, after running of any macro sometimes the first character, entered, is swallowed in Word 2000 (on Windows XP SP3). Unfortunately I connot reproduce the exact circumstances for this strange behaviour - therefore the expression 'sometimes', but I can reproduce it on different computers. What may be the reason for this strange behaviour; how can this problem be resolved? Thomas Wiedmann We would have to see the code of the macro(s) to have any chance of helping you. It sounds like perhaps the document does not have the focus after the macro is run. -- ...

macro #24
how do i select through using macros the highest ranging numbers with 2 specific numbers? Example $400 $600 how do i get the macro to select the $700 $800 highest number in each row? (Row= --> ) $500 $200 try Sub maxinrow() For Each c In Selection MsgBox Application.Max(c.EntireRow) Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "helo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574c01c47459$0fc7f310$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how do i select through using macros the highest ranging > numbers with 2 specific numb...