Mac version

I know Outlook is going to replace Entourage as the PIM for the Mac
version of Office.  Thus far I don't see a newsgroup for the Mac
version begging the question, does it make sense to start following
this one or will it be for Windows version only?

Timothy Mathews wrote:

> I know Outlook is going to replace Entourage as the PIM for the Mac
> version of Office.  Thus far I don't see a newsgroup for the Mac
> version begging the question, does it make sense to start following
> this one or will it be for Windows version only?

There is no specification of an OS/hardware platform in the name of this
newsgroup.  However, finding a 4-leaf clover might be more fruitful than
waiting for a reply from a Mac user (assuming whatever question you ask
has something to do with the Mac OS rather than a question about Outlook
itself).
0
V4521 (722)
8/14/2010 4:11:44 AM
You can also try the Mactopia forum. It's a good forum:
http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com

Crystal Reports: Which Version?
Which version of Crystal Reports should we purchase to add/edit our existing CRM reports? All the Microsoft literature references version 9 but on Crystal's web site it looks like the current version is 10.(https://secure.businessobjects.com/product_details.asp?catalog_name=CD&c ategory_name=CR%20Professional%20Full%20Product&locationID=CRProFullEn) Has anyone used vesion 10 with CRM version 1.2? Are there any issues? If I understand correctly, the "standard" version will not work with CRM and I must get either Professional or Developer. Can anyone confirm whether th...

Office for MAC 2008 SP1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I have been trying to install SP1(12.1.0) for some time always with the same result. I get a message saying: Cannot install (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." This is the only volume I have and its the one where Office is installed. My Office version is 12.0.0 (071130)I checked the AutoUpdate App to make sure I had the latest version ans it says 2.1.1 This is becoming really frustrating, what can I do to fix the problem and move on w...

link to a pivot table created in a older version
Since I've upgraded to excel 2003, when I do a link with my already existed pivot table created in a previous version, I get a link that starts with =GETPIVOTDATA But then, I can't drag down even when I take the $ signs off. I get around it by retyping the cell if on the same spreadsheet, but it's a nuisance when I'm linking to another spreadsheet. Would someone know why it does that, and how not to have it do that anymore when I do an automatic link rather than manually inputting the cell reference? Try this to turn the automatic GETPIVOTDATA off: http://www.cont...

enter Version "1.1" displays date format (01Jan)
Hi, I�m using Excel2000 and have one sheet for version control. Starting with: Version 1.0 1.1 etc... Thats how it should look like... But after my "1.0" it permanently persists to show "1jan" instead of 1.1 When checking the format it says "custom"; changing it back to "General" it displays 37987; that�s "fair enough";-) Trying to use the chance to modify it to 1.1 will result in "1Jan" again... Any help? I�m working in Germany... Thanks, Bernhard Try formatting the cell as Number "barnybe" <barnybe@gmx.de> wrote ...

Please help. Outlook 2003 (possibly other versions as well) question.
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 installed (with a personal setup - ie NOT the Corporate email setup). When I click on new Task, it comes up with an Owner. How do I change this Owner name? I've also noticed that the current owner appears in other places in outlook. I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find how to change the owner name. Thanks, Jawaz ...

Importing Mac outlook files into PC Outlook
I took the following files (database, old database, messages, and old message) out of the main identity folder of the Mac version of Outlook Express hoping that I could somehow open them with the PC version of outlook which doesn't want to. There is no extention on the files, I'm not sure what extension to use. I tried several such as .mbox and .dll with no luck. Unfortunately I gave my old mac to someone who deleted Outlook from the machine. I reinstalled the same version of Outlook (5.0.6) on the mac and it doesn't want to read them ether. Please note this mac runs OS 9....

Publisher Version
Running Windows ME, Office XP Pro on desktop. Have Publisher 2000 on laptop (OEM). Need Publisher on desktop. What version can I install w/ME on desktop? Was surprised new Office XP did not come w/Publisher. Hard disk hard crash caused me to have to reinvent the wheel and I need a cheap patch until I can invest in a new computer w/XP OS and all other new programs installed. Thanks any/everyone! BB On 27 Apr 2004 14:01, "bluebonnet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running Windows ME, Office XP Pro on desktop. Have Publisher 2000 on >laptop (OEM)...

Slightly OT: VS2010 versions
Hi folks, Now that MS have released VS2010, I have started to wonder about the various versions and whether I could actually get away with using one of the Express versions. I�ve found one or two charts that show the differences between the Pro/Premium/Ultimate versions, but I�m not sure what�s missing in the Express versions. One thing I�m particularly interested in finding out is whether you can develop MVC applications in the Express version. I know that with Visual C# 2008 Express you couldn�t easily create an MVC application, but had to use Visual Web Developer 2008 Ex...

Exchange 2003, IMAP and Macs
I am having a bit of difficulty geting IMAP clients connected to an SBS2003 server. In particular, Entourage for OS X (running OS X 10.3 with the .local work-around script running) with all the latest updates, including the Exchange update for Entourage X. It apears to me that the Exchange server refuses to comnmunicate via IMAP (whether secure or otherwise) Has anyone been able to get a Mac client running OS X 10.3 with Entourage X connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If so what did you have to do in particular to get it going? :-) Christian. ...

How to upgrade from Trial version(Money 2004 Delux) to License version
Hi, I am planning to Try Money 2004 Delux Trial version. How do I upgrade from Trial to delux? WHat is the procedure involved? Is it simply entering Serial No and some code or I have to uninstall and re-install again? In microsoft.public.money, Rams wrote: >Hi, I am planning to Try Money 2004 Delux Trial version. >How do I upgrade from Trial to delux? WHat is the >procedure involved? Is it simply entering Serial No and >some code or I have to uninstall and re-install again? I suggest buying retail and getting a CD. http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestio...

Unicode-aware String Decorator [new version]
This is the new version of the macro. It is smarter than first version, in fact it excludes strings in comments, or string already decorated, or the #include "MyHeader.h" stuff, etc. I've tried to develop the code in a modular way, with classes, so some part could be reused in other projects/macros. It seems to work on VS.NET2003; I don't know if it works also in VS2005 (I don't have it). I don't know if VS automation exposes the list of all strings in the document; if such string collection were exposed, a lot of code I have developed would be useless :) be...

Installing Office 2004 on a Mac
I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my Mac but when I insert the disk, it seems as if the computer is trying to read it but gives up after 15 seconds or so and then proceeds to eject the disk. Office has already been installed on one other computer and it works fine but, for some reason, it won't read the installation queu. I don't know if the fact that I ran the 30-day Office 2004 Test Drive has anything to do with this---I even had to uninstall the Test Drive ahead of time because it stopped working about a week in (Word wouldn't open or it would freeze, etc). Can anyone hel...

IE Version
Is there a way to findout which IE Version is running on a PC? This needs to work with 9x-XP... Im hoping it's as easy as looking for a REG key...but I'm not sure if the key location would be the same on all O/S' Take a look at the following KB article How to Determine Which Version of Internet Explorer Is Installed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=164539 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Steve Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012a01c3db93$9262f4a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >...

share publisher file with mac word
I recently changed from pc to mac.I need to share a publisher file with word for mac.Is there any way to do this.Do I change the publisher file into a pdf??But I need to be able to change things.Any information would be appreciated. Thanks You can certainly convert a Publisher file to a .pdf but Word, regardless of the platform, cannot edit a .pdf file. And there is no Publisher for Macs. I'm not a Mac user but I understand you can run Windows on a Mac somehow and that would probably allow you to install Publisher but... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for &...

Mobilsync and AD version
I have been looking and looking to find any information about the AD version needed to run Active Sync.... I have upgreded E2K --> E2003, sp2, and everthing works....exept Mobilsync... Have tried almost everything, and is no thinking...hmm maybe i need to upgrade the domains...at the time running Win2000 native mode... The OS of the exchange 2003 server is win 2K - and it's a dc/gc(yes i no thats not perfect...) -- \\\\\\\\\\ No warranty :-) \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:03:02 -0700, Lynx <Lynx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been looking and look...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have tried 3 times (unsuccessfully) to load a new copy of MS Office 2008 for MAC - Product ID 92715-501-8109773-12081 onto my daughter's MAC OS 10 It has removed the previous version of Office, I had all other applications shut down (including Messenger) jsut in case - and loaded well all the way through to the next to last step - when it went to check for Auto Updates - it cam back to mactopia website and stopped!! IS there a way to load in a custom manner that coudl 'bypass' that step - or do I need...

How do I open a file created in a prior version of Pub?
I wonder what this big white space could be for. Oooooohhhh... If I type when the cursor is in it, I can type lots of words and not be limited by the small line of the subject line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher My faith in Toshiba notebooks: 2003 - 2004 RIP In future, please post your message in the proper area. Thanks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher My faith in Toshiba notebooks: 2003 - 2004 RIP --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft...

Connecting a Vista Laptop and Mac OSX 10.3.9 on a home network
I am trying to connect a windows laptop running Vista and a Mac using 10.3.9 to a wireless home network with a D-link DI-524 wireless router. Both computers work fine and can ascess the internet. The problem is trying to talk to each other. I need to know the configuration settings or where i am going wrong. I will try and provide as much relevant information as possible. 1. Both computers can "ping" each other 2. Sharing has been turned on on both 3. The Mac is visible on Windows network map 4. The Mac CAN access the PC's shared folders 5. The PC CANNOT log into the MAC R...

Which version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE
I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit). I am trying to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit). Which version of the ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from? I keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box, but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a consistency check imediately fails. HELP! You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the DPM server. Th...

Mac excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How to: 1. To put a string ($ sign) in formula so that stringed cells will stay fix when the formula is copied to other cell 2. Apparently to hit delete did not clear the content of cell so have to do right click and 'clear contents'. Is there any faster short key? Thanks On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:33:23 -0800, Paulina_Lo@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 >Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) >Processor: intel > >How to: >1. To put a string ($ sign) in formula so that stringed cells will...

Any news when new version of MS Money comes? (e.g. 2009)
I'm about to purchase MS Money Deluxe. But I think it's not the best time as MS always releases new version at the end of the year. Do you have any news about new versions? Any announcements were made? Thanks!!! Exactly the same question was posted on 12th Nov. Dick Watson posted the following in reply! Annual Release Change - Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 ver...

Is Entourage only for Mac?
Is there an PC version? Not that I know of. But we do have this cool thing called Outlook for PCs. ;-) Moe wrote: > Is there an PC version? ...

how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible?
how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible? "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23g11DbDOGHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it > possible? No -- the xml declaration is not represented in the XML Infoset. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having the world's worst time figuring out how to append text and/or arrows, etc., to a jpeg in Word. The earlier Word was no trouble. What is happening? Barbara ...

How to execute an SQL insert/update from Excel for Mac
Hi All Basically I can use VBA/Macro to select and put the result data into a worksheet no probs, but I have no idea how I post data (ie insert, update or preferably send data to a stored proc). My spec is I have 1 x Mac OS 9 clean and 1 x Mac OS 9 Classic connecting to a Win2000 Server running SQL Server 2000. The client app is Excel 98 and Excel 2001 and both are using the Merant ODBC 3.5.1 drivers that MS made available on their web site when they forgot to include them on the Excel 2001 CD. Can you help? All I need is a simple VBA code snippet to show me how I do it. Thanks Laphan ...