Lost .pst files

I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2).  I recently
had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2
hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage.
I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive
(the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer
as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new
main drive.  All data and software works except Outlook.
I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive.  Where
could they be.  BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker.

In article <014e01c3462e$561cbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, daddyray01
@sport.rr.com says...
> I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2).  I recently
> had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2
> hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage.
> I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive
> (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer
> as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new
> main drive.  All data and software works except Outlook.
> I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive.  Where
> could they be.  BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker.

Presumably you're using Windows XP - did you enable Hidden and System
Files and Folders in your search? XP (and W2K) considers a pst as a
hidden system file.
--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

0
me7986 (249)
7/9/2003 3:47:25 PM
It's a hidden file.  Make sure you're looking in hidden/system folders when
you search.  Default location is C:\documents and settings\<username>\local
settings\application data\microsoft\outlook.
"DaddyRay" <daddyray01@sport.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2).  I recently
> had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2
> hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage.
> I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive
> (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer
> as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new
> main drive.  All data and software works except Outlook.
> I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive.  Where
> could they be.  BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker.

0
cj6178 (257)

corrupt Excel 2000/2002 files
Frequently, Excel 2002 (Office XP) files get corrupt when opening in Excel 2000. Is there any way to prevent this? Will upgrading to Office 2003 help? ...

Publisher98 won't open Publisher95 file.
Hi, A friend of mine wanted me to review at his first publication before he prepared it for printing. The problem is that when he sent me the file it I was unable to open it. I looked in the file properties to discover that he uses Publisher 95 version 5.0. I use Publisher98. Is there a way to fix this? I searched Microsoft's website for a converter or upgrade that would allow this, but I've had no luck so far. Thanks. Ruthie :) Is the file you are tying to open on your hard disk or a floppy? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ruthie-chan" <ruthiecha...

Unable to Open a File
I have two computers at home Computer A: XP Pro and Office 2007 Computer B: Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 I have an Excel file on computer A that I want to use on computer B. I have tried to open the file from computer B both via a network connection b/w the two machines and by copying the file on a thumb drive and transferring the file manually. But for some reason, this one particular file will not open on computer B. I am able to access every other Excel file except for this one. When opening I get an error" A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...

How to change the Excel Title Bar to show the full file path na...
I have a user that would like to see the full path name of a file in Excel in the Title Bar. Is there any way to change it from just the file name to the full path name? This will put the path in the Excel title bar. Put this code into a class module, mine is named clsAppEvents '--------------------------------------------------------------Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) App.Caption = Wb.Path End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------Add this code t...

Excel 2000 file won't open on Windows 2000 PC's
I have a problem with a large (35 Mb) Excel spreadsheet that refuses t open on my users Windows 2000 PC's. All the PC's are running Offic 2000 SP3, but the file will only open on PC's running Windows XP. have recreated users local profiles, which has not fixed the problem and also copied the file from the network share to the local PC's. Whe opening the file, Excel says "Ready" in the bottom left hand corner o the screen, but the file is not listed in the "recently accessed" lis and the Excel window is blank -- carlos7 ------------------------------------...

Browse file share and return file path as a hyperlink
Hello, I have a Text Box (Doc_Link#1) on a form, and when the user clicks on the Text Box it activates the code listed at the Website listed below (works great). The code activates the Browse feature of windows and allows you to browse for a file and open it. The issue is that instead of opening the file I want the code to copy the files path back into the Text Box, and make it a hyperlink. Does anyone know how to modify the code to make this happen? Again, I want to be able to click on the Text Box, Browse the file share, select a file, and have the code return the files path to the...

Outlook Suggest names file location
Is there any way to expose the entire file of Suggest Names? in Outlook 2002 on XP. I have discovered how to delete one at a time but I would like to edit the entire file? Is this possible? Linda Yep, locate the nk2 file of your profile and rename it to .old -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spar...

Turning pages into files
Using Publisher 2003 - I am writing a hiking book of 100 hikes. I was advised in a self publishing class to use the Publisher program and to make each hike a "page". So I have done this and have a 105 page document. Each page has a picture, map and written paragraph or two of one of the 100 mhikes. Now I have been told I should have made each hike a separate folder so I can go in and work on each hike w/o opening all the pages and having to scroll through. I have also been told that each time I open this document, it denegrates the pictures over time with the constant opening...

my file is too big. Which embedded element is to blame?
When trying to edit a large file with many pictures and embedded word, Excell file, How can I find out who is the major contributor to the size of the file? Assuming a Word 2007 file (docx), you could change the extension to zip and check out the different files in the zip package. Yves "PAR" <PAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D097C823-309D-4E19-9858-AE8B9E0F2058@microsoft.com... > When trying to edit a large file with many pictures and embedded word, > Excell > file, How can I find out who is the major contributor to the size of th...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

PDF file has different font
Publisher displays a special font and prints it just fine but when I "Publish as PDF" for the document, what should be the special font in the pdf file is a different font. Any suggestions? TIA, lorendi Are you using Acrobat? Not all fonts can be embedded. What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 try the Office 2007 *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "NoSpam" <lorendi@austin.net> wrote in message news:e...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

XML as Ini file
Be gentle. I need the equivalent of an ini file or registry key in my program. Both are denigrated. So is using the app.config file to store run-time configuration values. Ok, fine. I'm thinking that the general solution (C#) is to read in the configuration file with XmlDocument and then navigate to the node of interest with XmlNavigator. Am I on the right path, so far? (More detailed questions later.) -- Rick Hi Rick, I have a C# helper class that lets me store options in an ini-file like structure but with XML. Maybe you can extract something for your special case. Here...

How to associate attachment file types with a previewer?
....specifically the text file previewer. Working with a team of developers, people are often sending attachments with .cs or .sql extensions and it would be nice to be able to preview these as text. Is there some way to tell Outlook that these file types should be associated with the text previewer? Regards, -- TB In Control Panel=>Folder Options->File Types - select the file extensions you want to associate with the previewer (I use Notepad). You can also do this by selecting the attachment and download to the desktop, right click and select Open With and select your option ...

Opening File To Current Date Sheet
Hello, Using Excel XP. I have a workbook that contains the dates of the month as separate worksheets, e.g., Nov1, Nov2, Nov3 and so on to Nov30. How can I have Excel go to the current day's sheet when I open up the file. Thanx in advance, Michael One way: Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module (right-click on the workbook's title bar and choose View Code): Private Sub Workbook_Open() On Error Resume Next Sheets(Format(Date, "mmmdd")).Activate On Error GoTo 0 End Sub In article <2bxwb.51779$xV6.18800@lakeread04>, "Mike...

File->Save does not work
Hi! I deleted the items Save and SaveAs from menu File and put them in place again using ID_FILE_SAVE and ID_FILE_SAVE_AS but OnFileSave is not being called. Any suggestion? Thank you. Have you still got an entry for Save/Save As in the message map? Something along the lines of : ON_COMMAND(ID_FILE_SAVE, OnSave) "Cadu" wrote: > Hi! > > I deleted the items Save and SaveAs from menu File and put them in place > again using ID_FILE_SAVE and ID_FILE_SAVE_AS but OnFileSave is not being > called. Any suggestion? > > Thank you. > > > Thanks, Adria...

oops
I just set up my Outlook Express and while doing so noticed that the bottom right pane was for MSN Messenger. Without thinking I clicked on X (close) for that pane, and now do not know how to retrieve that, how to make it come back. Anyone know how? Thank you. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft....

hyperlink to files on the network
I am looking for the best way to allow end users to create links to files on the network. I have a table that has a hyperlink field and I am using that field in a subform. What I would like is that when the field is empty and a user clicks in the field it allows then to choose the file they want to link to (I assume a dialog box would pop up). I know that the user can right click, choose hyerlink, then edit a hyperlink but that seems very inefficient and the user would have to be "trained" that they need to right click on the field to even know it was an option. Any help? ...

Dialog prompt during opening of file
Good day! Need help here, How can I make my dialog to be run during opening of file? -- markuss ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markuss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553962 markuss, use a workbook open event, like this Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "You just opened this workbook" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of ...

Recovered Files
Hello All, I recently noticed upon starting up my iBook that there is always trash in my bin that wasn't there when I shut down. With further inspection, it revealed that it was a "recovered files" folder from Office. This is a minor annoyance, but how could I get rid of it? Thanks, Mavreen ...

can i save an existing .xls file as a .csv file using command line
I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command line. Is this possible? Try this: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Book1.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV "craigkan" wrote: > I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command > line. Is this possible? this code does not work from the command line. if i go to my excel directory i can run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11>excel.exe filename.xls which will open filename.xls, but i can't figure out h...

Money stops responding while compressing backup file
Until last week, Money 2003 behaved as configured: it compressed my backup file before writing it to my backup floppy drive (which is actually a zip disk). For no known reason, it has started to hang up (that is, Windows XP Task Manager reports that it is not responding) right after it displays the progress bar for compressing the backup file. No progress occurs, and it never hits the zip drive. Any suggestions will be welcome. I didn't find anything relevant when searching the newsgroup's archives. In microsoft.public.money, Larry wrote: >Until last week, Money 2003 beha...

Can 2 users use the same Outlook XP .pst file??
Hi, My computer has 2 different user names. Is it possible for both users to use the same Outlook (XP) mail files? If so, does anyone know how? Thanks Different users can share the same pst file as long as they both have access to the file and they don't access the pst file at the same time. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:002901c3cc29$c39da5c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > My computer has 2 different user names. Is it possible > for both users to use the same Outlook (XP) mail files? > If so, does anyone know how? > >...

Choosing File Details to Include
When syncing my device through WMP using WMA files all the file details (such as artist name, album name) were transfered with the file. However, when I tried to sync MP3 files the only info that transferred was the file (song) name - it also had included the the track# as part of the song name. Last night I THINK I came across a window where I could check off which details to include and also had the option to remove the track # from the song name. Today I cannot find that screen anywhere. Where would I have seen such a screen and how do I find it again? Thanks -- ...

Importing old .pst files into Outlook/Outlook Express
I backed up my .pst files and had my computer wiped clean, reinstalled Windows XP and Office XP. How do I import the old .pst files into Outlook Express and Outlook? The help file doesn't tell me how. On Wed, 5 May 2004 08:56:27 -0700, "S. Lyons" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I backed up my .pst files and had my computer wiped clean, >reinstalled Windows XP and Office XP. How do I import the >old .pst files into Outlook Express and Outlook? The help >file doesn't tell me how. You can transfer your old .pst file(s) onto your hard ...