Lost "newsgroup" command setting up newsgroups

I'm attempting to add "news" to my "Go" menu.  Somehow I've lost the "news"
command and can't locate it.

Suggestions?
0
Dbm (3)

Suggest posting your Outlook version next time. It matters.
Suggesting reading before you post. No question has been answered more often
in this group.
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dbm" <Dbm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to add "news" to my "Go" menu.  Somehow I've lost the
> "news"
> command and can't locate it.
>
> Suggestions?

0
russval1 (2100)
2/23/2007 10:36:55 PM
Russ,

With all due respect some of us aren't as nimble afoot as others when it
comes to this world.

Still, I appreciate your assistance.

Dbm

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Suggest posting your Outlook version next time. It matters.
> Suggesting reading before you post. No question has been answered more often
> in this group.
> To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
> OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
> it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
> button.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Dbm" <Dbm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm attempting to add "news" to my "Go" menu.  Somehow I've lost the
> > "news"
> > command and can't locate it.
> >
> > Suggestions?

0
Dbm (3)
2/23/2007 11:05:00 PM
I forgot to add that the solution posted only applies to Outlook 2003. I
hope that's what you are using.
Old timers like me read these posts on NNTP. I keep forgetting that some of
you are innocently redirected here from Microsoft's web based sites and may
not be familiar with common NNTP conventions and etiquette. Sorry.
--
> Russ,
>
> With all due respect some of us aren't as nimble afoot as others when it
> comes to this world.
>
> Still, I appreciate your assistance.
>
> Dbm
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Suggest posting your Outlook version next time. It matters.
>> Suggesting reading before you post. No question has been answered more
>> often
>> in this group.
>> To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control
>> Panel |
>> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.
>> If
>> OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you
>> launch
>> it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
>> button.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Dbm" <Dbm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm attempting to add "news" to my "Go" menu.  Somehow I've lost the
>> > "news"
>> > command and can't locate it.
>> >
>> > Suggestions?

0
russval1 (2100)
2/23/2007 11:13:17 PM
I am using Outlook 2003 and your answer did help.

While I was redirected to this site I should have taken the time to poke
around more than I did.

Thanks to you and the others who provide this assistance.

Cheers,

Dbm

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> I forgot to add that the solution posted only applies to Outlook 2003. I
> hope that's what you are using.
> Old timers like me read these posts on NNTP. I keep forgetting that some of
> you are innocently redirected here from Microsoft's web based sites and may
> not be familiar with common NNTP conventions and etiquette. Sorry.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Dbm" <Dbm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Russ,
> >
> > With all due respect some of us aren't as nimble afoot as others when it
> > comes to this world.
> >
> > Still, I appreciate your assistance.
> >
> > Dbm
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Suggest posting your Outlook version next time. It matters.
> >> Suggesting reading before you post. No question has been answered more
> >> often
> >> in this group.
> >> To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control
> >> Panel |
> >> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.
> >> If
> >> OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you
> >> launch
> >> it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
> >> button.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Dbm" <Dbm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Dbm (3)

NewsGroup-Charlie
Charlie you hear anything back on the newsgroup and if-where or when it will be moving? Still waiting for word. There's no hurry - this group isn't schedule for "closure" (as if that were possible<g>) in the first wave. The initial thought is that we'll end up in the TechNet forums, but nothing is finalized. I have buyoff from a couple of key people, but not the final OK or location. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Kue2" <Kue2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:249DF6D7-8D0D-49BF-B1CD-F84DC833E800@microsof...

newsgroups #14
Somehow, my outlook2003 does not have the "news" or "newsgroups" in the standard listing so I can move it to the menu bar (under the "GO" menu pick). Is there a way I can get to newsgroups other or do I have to re-install outlook2003 and lose all my email files? Help please. xnman If I remember correctly, this is how I fixed that on my computer. In Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and set Outlook Express to be your News Reader. Click Apply, OK. Then re-open Outlook. The news option should be there under the Go menu. When you ...

Newsgroups in Outlook Express
Greetings! I am new to using Outlook Express in WinXP. In the newsgroups I can view image files that are not "yEnc" but cannot view the ones that are "yEnc". Could someone please tell me how to configure Outlook Express v6 to view such files? Thanks in advance, SC "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin I don't think OE supports yEnc - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Outlook Express Newsgroup Folders
I appears that when I synchonize newsgroups the previous messages that have been saved to may newsgroup folders are automatically purged. The options on my maintenace tab to newgroup folders have the property of deleting items disabled. What other parameters can I effect to be sure that my newsgroup items are never purged? Thanks for your help! Regards, Melinda ...

I can't post a message in newsgroup
Hi every one; I am not able to post anu message in newsgroup by MS outlook, here is error message: Outlook Express could not post your message......................Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 Posting not allowed', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 any body knows why ? Thanks. Faram. Sounds like the newsserver in question requires you to log-in or only accepts posts from users on their own network. That said.... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlo...

Outlook Business Contact Manager
Where do I go to post a question? Thanks. -- Erwin microsoft.public.outlook.bcm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Erwin" <erwin31@nospam.net> wrote in message news:OhNRswj0FHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Where do I go to post a question? > > Thanks. > > -- > Erwin > ...

Internet Newsgroup (public folder) in exchange 5.5
is there a way messages in the Internet Newsgroup public folder may be automatically deleted after n number of days or say every monday. Sure. Just set Message Age limit via Exch Admin prog. Lara wrote: > is there a way messages in the Internet Newsgroup public > folder may be automatically deleted after n number of days > or say every monday. > > ...

NNTP setup how to find "newsgroups" I want to talk in?
I setup the NNTP Bridge.. I'm signed in.. now how do I find and add the stuff I want to talk in? Start here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#406 Then tell us how you're going to "talk" in MS Answers forums (not newsgroups)? yuppicide wrote: > I setup the NNTP Bridge.. I'm signed in.. now how do I find and add the > stuff I want to talk in? I put "newsgroups" in quotes 'cause they're not newsgroups anymore. Anyway, I had a bunch of newsgroups setup in Outlook Express 6 at work. Slowly the newsgrou...

compact framework newsgroup?
Hi NG, What happened to the compact framework news group? Was it closed because of too many complaints about VS2010 not supporting smart devices for WM6 and older? Regards Rainer Rainer Queck wrote: > Hi NG, > > What happened to the compact framework news group? > Was it closed because of too many complaints about VS2010 not supporting > smart devices for WM6 and older? All due respect, that's a preposterous suggestion. You appear to be using the Microsoft news.microsoft.com NNTP server. You may have missed the numerous messages posted here an...

3.0 Newsgroups 11-04-05
Hi All, I've got a copy of 3.0 beta but I'm having trouble finding the newsgroups to discuss this in. I know they're private MS newsgroups but I cant find A) where they are or B) what credentials I need to use to gain access to them. I'm a CRM gold partner member Cheers Tom Hi Bouffont! Bouffont wrote: > I've got a copy of 3.0 beta but I'm having trouble finding the > newsgroups to discuss this in. I know they're private MS newsgroups > but I cant find A) where they are or B) what credentials I need to > use to gain access to them. I'm a CRM go...

Emails from newsgroup
How do I stop all the advice, patches, virus warnings, etc. coming from Microsoft and its affiliates from going to my email? It started after I posted in here and I don't need the help anymore. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, G wrote: >How do I stop all the advice, patches, virus warnings, >etc. coming from Microsoft and its affiliates from going >to my email? It started after I posted in here and I don't >need the help anymore. Thanks. 1. They are not from Microsoft. 2. You are not going to want to hear this, but change your email address. ...

Newsgroup Messages
I'm new to the newsgroup business and I was wondering if you could sort the messages by the latest message that was posted. It's kind of like the typical forum and message board on the internet where people 'bump' the thread up so the thread with the latest message goes on top. Can anyone help? Thanks. KM wrote: > I'm new to the newsgroup business and I was wondering if you could > sort the messages by the latest message that was posted. It's kind of > like the typical forum and message board on the internet where people > 'bump' the thread up so t...

Automatic notification for replies on Newsgroups
I am sorry for posting such a generic non Outlook related question on the group but would appreciate if anyone can help me with this. If I access microsoft Managed newsgroups from the browser I can set notifications for replies to any msgs that I post. Unfortunately I could not find this outlook newsgroup on the http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed site hence am using OE to check and post messages here. Is there any way I can set automatic notifications to msgs I am tracking via OE? Regards, Nabeel For OE questions such as this, it is best to ask in an OE group since we = on...

Newsgroup statistiscs for February and March 2005 are now available
For a change the March stats are available rather quickly. :) http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ngstats/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

Newsgroups...
Okay - I've done it again, somehow I kill my menu option in the "Go..." menu for "News....". How do I get it back? I know that if I set the Newsgroups in IE to Outlook Express it reappears but it goes away every day. On my notebook it stays nicely on the Go menu, on my desktop when it appears it's stuck on the top menu between View and Go. Thanks To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next ...

Newsgroup Access
I just tried to reply to a question in the eternal september newsgroup uising M$ Live Mail / Newsreader. That is all I have. It gave me about five error messages saying it was having difficulty resolving something or other. I can read all the posts and download the headers and bodies using Live Mail but may not be able to post questions or reply. So .. please tell me what to use. I need a newsreader that is free and works with eternal september that can work on XP or Vista or Win7. Suggestions please! Bee wrote: .... > I need a newsreader that is free and works with et...

How can I convert newsgroup to text
I'd like to make a database re: information from a newsgroup. Is there an inexpensive way to mass convert downloaded messages to a simple text file? How about individual posts to seperate text files? Thanks If I see any I like I copy and then paste into notepad and have built up quite a library over the years. I then save in "My documents". I do the same with the emails I wish to keep as it makes it much easier in transferring to a new computer. "AKA Gray Asphalt" <goodidea1950@hotmail.spam.com> wrote in message news:nKrzg.39785$AB3.7847@fed1read02... >...

access newsgroups
I have gotten very confused. Nothing New. I have a new desktop computer with windows 7 and office 2007(Access,Excel,Etc). I am using Outlook for email and my web browser is Explorer. On my old machine I used to go to Newsgroups through through Outlook express but my dsl/ISP provider ATT blocked Newsgroups.So I have not been able to access newsgroups for some time. Now With my new machine I would like to access the Microsoft public newsgroups for ACCESS and EXCEL, ETC. Now I understand Microsoft has established forums instead of newsgroups and has provided a way to access newsgr...

Had this in "Security" Newsgroup, but no Replies..
1 - Are there any Security precautions to take since Access 2000? 2 - Without accessibility to the System.mdw, but having a Read-Only Form that was locked by subject DBs system.mdw..... Can I copy Objects (Lines, boxes, textboxes, comboboxes) w/ their code from that Form module without introducing any errors, links, corruption? If trying to copy these objects is not wise, I have the working code in an Excel file, and would just copy that into the module. TIA - Bob On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:06:06 -0700, Bob Barnes <BobBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >1 - Are there any Secu...

Exchange 2000 Newsgroup Error Messages
We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled with error messages about news groups not being setup. How can I stop these error messages and attempts to reach a non-existant news group? Thanks! Lucy Disable the NNTP Service and it should go away. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Lucy" <LucyMolly@comcast.net> wrote in message news:C102A639-37FB-4154-A611-B7738950A242@microsoft.com... > We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled wi...

Newsgroup Isses
Can someone tell me who to contact regarding issues with the Newsgroup site? Search is not working anymore when you try to find your old postings and I'm not receiving emails alerting me to replies, even if I mark the "Notify me of replies" box. -- jav I already contacted Microsoft in this regard and still following up with them, below are the mails: Hello Mohammad, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. I will follow this issue up. I am currently working with my colleagues to resolve your issue. Typically, we hear from th...

other newsgroups
What has happened to the other Excel newsgroups? What indicates that anything noticeable happened to them ? They look pretty normal to me. Best wishes Harald "JT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:06e101c5570a$8a91fd40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What has happened to the other Excel newsgroups? "JT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06e101c5570a$8a91fd40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What has happened to the other Excel newsgroups? I can see 30 other Excel groups on this server. -- David Biddulph ...

creating newsgroups?
Is it possible to create your own internal newsgroups using Exchange 2000 / Server 2000? Or, do I need to buy additional software? Use Public Folders for this. Glenn wrote: > Is it possible to create your own internal newsgroups using Exchange 2000 / > Server 2000? Or, do I need to buy additional software? ...

How to set no expiration time to newsgroups in ES2000?

Outlook and Newsgroup
Why doesn't Outlook also have a place for newsgroups, like Outlook Express? Thanks, Mike Because it has Outlook Express to do that for it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Michael" <mdw3@nospam.cornell.edu> wrote in message news:PCBSb.20060$M81.17361@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > Why doesn't Outlook also have a place > for newsgroups, like Outlook Express? > > Thanks,...