Lost email messages that were moved

I created a new Personal Folder (PST) and move emails
from my old inbasket into it.  When I click on the new
PST, my emails are not there and they're gone from my old
inbox.  Where did they go???
HELP?

0
asyeles (1)

"Albert Syeles" wrote
in news:d0ca01c3ba92$e2c99880$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> I created a new Personal Folder (PST) and move emails
> from my old inbasket into it.  When I click on the new
> PST, my emails are not there and they're gone from my old
> inbox.  Where did they go???
> HELP?

Check what view you are using.

Check that you didn't accidentally drag them into the root node (Outlook
Today).  You'll need to right click to change properties to NOT use an
HTML page for Outlook Today so you can see what, if any, items are under
that node in the tree.

Do a search on an e-mail that you remember its subject or contents (on a
string that is relatively unique) to see if you dragged it into some
other folder.  And do the search on both your old and archive
information stores (i.e., .pst files).

*** Post replies to newsgroup.  E-mail is not accepted. ***

no-email5651 (165)

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Send an email until all steps done
To complete an order, I need to code the following steps one by one. 1) update order table, tOrder 2) update customer order history table, tCustomer 3) update shipment table, tShip 4) send an confirfation email The problem is sometime due to unknown reason, after step 2), program can not finish step 3) and 4). Since tOrder and tCustomer table was updated, how to back to their data before update? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 3, 3:05=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uw...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Moving Servers Across Administrative Groups...
Here's the quick scenario... Exchange 5.5 original site. Exchange 2000 (non-cluster) brought up as first Exchange 2000 server in 5.5 site. (not doing anything) Exchange 2000 cluster brought up. Exchange site name is XXXNTDOMAIN which, in ESM shows up as the name of the First Administrative Group. This doesn't match the logical environment going forward so I was curious if it was possible to do: 1. Rename the XXXNTDOMAIN administrative group to something else? 2. Create a second administrative group and bring up a 2003 cluster at some point in the near future and migrate ...

Viewing Message logs?
I am interested in viewing the log for all incoming and outgoing messages in exchange. Previously we were using Sendmail and i could view the /var/log/messages file to see when messages were received and what it did with the message. However i have not been able to find anything like that with exchange. How can i view messages that are sent and received in real time? On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:45:05 -0400, "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote: >I am interested in viewing the log for all incoming and outgoing messages in >exchange. Previously we were using Sendm...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

error message 80080005
all the answers on the board are from last year windows vista home premium 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84&mid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84 "larry" wrote: > all the answers on the board are from last year > > windows vista home premium > > 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/ne...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

unknown error message
what does this message mean and how do i correct it. 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) ...

Prompting for Username and Password
Hi, I am currently investigating a move from GroupWise to Outook 2003 & Exchange. I have noticed a major security issue that I hope can be sorted. I am rolling out a Single Profile .PRF to all users, Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. I have noticed that when you load Outlook with the option "Always Prompt for a user name and password" that cached mail loads up in the background regardless of wether you have authenticated to the exchange server or not. This is a pretty major security risk ! With GroupWise, you can also run in Cach...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...