Lost contacts

A customer brought his laptop from work and added it to
his SBS 2000 network. Now he can not get to his old mail
or contacts. The operating system is Windows XP Pro. His
Outlook is also XP from Office XP Pro. He did not create
a PST file prior to adding the laptop to the network. I
belive his old mail and contects are still there but in a
different profile. I can not find them in the Office 10
folder. Can anyone tell me how to recover his old
contacts and mail or piont me to a Knowledgebase article?
TIA
Dan

PostThreadMessage lost messages when thread is busy
Hi,all. I use the API function PostThreadMessage to put data to another thread.If the thread was not busy everything's ok.But if the thread was blocked for some reasons( for example: a modal dialog ), I can't get the posted message in thread message loop. What's wrong? Thanks for any help! Here is my ThreadProc code: UINT CMainFrame::DataThreadProc(LPVOID lpPara) { MSG msg; //force to create the thread's message queue PeekMessage(&msg, NULL, WM_USER, WM_USER, PM_NOREMOVE); BOOL bRet; while( (bRet = GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0 )) != 0) ...

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

Contacts Tab
Hi Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add other columns, for example, job title? If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included in version 2? Thanks Lee You can customize tables, view and forms - add or remove fields, columns, and textbox using CRM Customization. So answer to your question is YES, it is possible "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0409220250.5d5658e@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Under the Contacts tab of...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Email&Contacts Backup
I exported my emails and contacts to a file called "backup.pst" and saved it to a cd. After formating my hard drive and installing office I tried to import the file and get message "you do not have required permission for this action". Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Brian Booker copy the pst to your hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http...

problem getting my hotmail contacts into outlook
I am new to outlook and want my hotmail contacts to be in outlook it says that you can do it and believe me I have tried, using all the help features available but no luck it says you need an MSN connector which I have tried to find. Hi , have a look on this site : "Download Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for MSN" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa0ad3b0-e1a4-4990-a2be-dde78fed0709&displaylang=en Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public...

Missing Contacts
Hello, HELP I installed Outlook 2000 (and I tried 2002) on a system here at the school and while the contacts do show up when either the contact rolladex or folder Icon is selected.. they do not show up when you use the address book when addressing a message. If you select TO: CC: or BCC and then change the drop down list to contacts - no names appear HELP THANK YOU ALL T First of all, right click the contacts folder, left click properties, Outlook Address Book Tab. Is the option to display as an Address book checked? If not check it and test. If it is, Click Tools, services, remove ...

Lost the from
Hey A User at work has lost the from column as well as the date column. all she has is recieved Any ideas how to retrieve the lost columns without reinstalling or deleting profile? cheers Right click on any column header and select Field Chooser. Add the missing columns back from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, reno.04 asked: | Hey | | A ...

XP account password lost
Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is there a way she can get the password back or override it and make a new one? Gerald "Gerald Bramwell" <newsgroups@animals-in-distress.net> wrote in message news:uXscL3vaKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a > password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is > there a way she can get the password back or override it and ...

single user email gets lost or arrives hours late
I have a user that is using office xp. we run excg5.5. he can send out an email to a user and sometimes the user gets it and sometimes he dosen't. we don't get bounce back message. i am trying to figure out what the problem is. The users address is saved in the users contacts list. ...

Outlook 2003 lost object?
I've installed Outlook 2003 successfully. I have set up the mail server successfully. I can test the server successfully via the set up wizard. When I attempt to send an e-mail from Outlook I get the following error window: "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have reinstalled and get the same error when sending. Any fix? Installed it as an upgrade or clean on a new PC? Have you recreated the mail profile already? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... ...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

Business Contact
I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. The title of the column shows, but nothing is populated or organized based on account. Now, all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). If you click on an individual contact, the person still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer linked and organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this...

Duplicate Contacts mess
The pc has Office/Outlook 2003 with one user. It was originally configured, for some reason to do with importing, with several data files. To simplify I moved all the messages within Outlook then hid the extra data files in Data File Management. The problem is that there are two Contacts lists. I have it so that one pops up when the Address Book icon is pressed but when I do Rt-Clk Add to Contacts it gets added to the other one, which I assume is part of one of the other .pst files. When I look at the dialogue that is supposed to display a list of Contact folders none is displaye...

Conversion of lotus notes address book to microsoft outlook contacts
I just bought Microsoft Outlook. I have all my addresses in Lotus Notes. Is there a way to import the addresses into Microsoft Outlook contacts? ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Lost email messages
Today, after being gone on business for a week, I opened Outlook 2003. It showed 121 messages to be downloaded. The download seemed to be going fine but when it completed there were no new emails in my inbox and Outlook 2003 reported that I had errors in my .pst file. I ran the Inbox repair tool which says it fixed everything. Yet those 121 messages are gone:( I renamed outlook.pst to outlook.pst.bak, renamed my week old back up file to outlook.pst and tried to redownload the messages. No luck. A week's worth of email gone? That sucks:( Did they get wiped off the server when I dow...

How do I save Contacts and e-mail to jump drive?
I want to backup, on a jump drive, my Outlook information (contact list and e-mail messages). What is the step by step procedure? "dalejellison" <dalejellison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCB38D5C-D3E4-431B-A6D2-A3ED62956494@microsoft.com... >I want to backup, on a jump drive, my Outlook information (contact list and > e-mail messages). What is the step by step procedure? All your Outlook data is contained in one file, your Personal Folders file or PST. See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- ...

How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?
I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Posted to Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked: | I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in | my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. I...

Webmail Personal Contacts
We've noticed that when we are accessing webmail that, while our personal contacts have been copied to the exchange account, it appears that Outlook does not search the personal contact list when searching for names in the address field. It searches the Global Addresses without an issue, but not the personal one even though it is accessible in webmail. For instance, if I have a Joe Smith in my personal contact list and a Jane Smith in the Global Addresses and I type in "Smith" it will find Jane but not Joe. Even if I type in Joe's full name it will not come up with it. I can...

Automatically create an account from a contact?
As various staff selectively move contacts in from Outlook using the "Track in CRM" feature we would like CRM to evaluate the Company Name and if there is a match with an existing account automatically assign the contact to the account. If there is no match, then we want an account created with all the address info, etc. from the contact added with that contact designated as the primary. Our two previous CRM systems supplied this feature. Is this feature available and I just haven't been able to find it or is there an easy way to set it up? Thanks, Jim Hi, There is...

Email Contact Order
When I am going to send an email and press the TO: button the contact list comes up as first name, last name. I would prefer last name, first name. When I examine the contact list, it displays as last name, first name. I cannot find anywhere to change this behavior. On mine if I go to the contacts and select View, Show the Last Name first, then in the message composition TO dialog, they sort that way. What version of WLM do you have ? Help (ALT+H), About WLM. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Greg Laskowski" <GregLaskowski@discussions.micros...