Lost all my Outlook data after a certain date....HELP!

Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time!

I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email,
contacts, calendar, etc.  All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been
retained.  Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC
behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down
performance.

I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was
before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there
somewhere?  I have tried to export the PST file to different formats,
such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail.  I think the
data is still in the PST file, but I have no idea how to extract it.
I also tried changing the file attributes of the PST file, such as
Last Modified & Access Date, but this doesnt work.

I've seen some professional data recovery services online but their
bench fees are in the $700 range to start.  I tried the OnTrack
EasyRecovery EmailRepair application, as well as the WinXP Inbox
Repair Tool, but they didnt recover any of the missing data.  Anyone
know how I can extract this missing data from my PST file?  The
missing data is very important and I need to recover it!!  HELP!!!

Thanks.....TJM

0
tjm1 (1)

Have you tried running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST to see if it
finds any errors?  See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm for
more help with this.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:CuWdnfu-Q48qwaLdRVn-iQ@comcast.com,
TJM wrote:

> Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time!
>
> I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email,
> contacts, calendar, etc.  All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been
> retained.  Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC
> behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down
> performance.
>
> I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was
> before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there
> somewhere?  I have tried to export the PST file to different formats,
> such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail.  I think the
> data is still in the PST file, but I have no idea how to extract it.
> I also tried changing the file attributes of the PST file, such as
> Last Modified & Access Date, but this doesnt work.
>
> I've seen some professional data recovery services online but their
> bench fees are in the $700 range to start.  I tried the OnTrack
> EasyRecovery EmailRepair application, as well as the WinXP Inbox
> Repair Tool, but they didnt recover any of the missing data.  Anyone
> know how I can extract this missing data from my PST file?  The
> missing data is very important and I need to recover it!!  HELP!!!
>
> Thanks.....TJM

Data File Management doesn't contain any repair tools.  Did you look at the
article I directed you to in my earlier reply?  A corrupted .PST may or may
not lose all data; it may lose just some, or cause weird error messages,
etc.  You may have to try alternating the Inbox Repair Tool with Scandisk a
few times and see if that helps.  Check the Slipstick article for as much
info as is probably available on this subject...there are 3rd party recovery
tools listed there also.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:4PWdncDIbKZI0NzdRVn-vw@comcast.com,
TJM wrote:

> Yes, I tried using the Inbox Repair Tool, but still cant find the
> missing data.  Somehow, the "corruption" of my .PST file deleted all
> the data for the last 6 months, but left all data prior to this
> intact.  How is this possible?  Wouldnt a corrupted .PST file lose all
> data?  I know there is an issue with Outlook 2000 and .PST files that
> approach 2GB size limit where the data is truncated, but my PST file
> is approx. 350MB in size.
>
> Since the size of my .PST file is the same as it was before data
> corruption, my intuition tells me that the missing data is still in
> the .PST file but I cant access it.  Are there any advanced tools that
> will allow me to extract the data from a .PST file?  I hear that
> Outlook 2003 has a feature called "Data File Management" - could this
> help?
>
> Thanks....TJM
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:eZujD1Z$DHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Have you tried running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST to see
>> if it finds any errors?  See
>> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm for more help with
>> this.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:CuWdnfu-Q48qwaLdRVn-iQ@comcast.com,
>> TJM wrote:
>>
>>> Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time!
>>>
>>> I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months -
>>> email, contacts, calendar, etc.  All the data prior to 6 mos. ago
>>> has been retained.  Right before this data loss, I was having
>>> strange PC behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were
>>> slowing down performance.
>>>
>>> I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it
>>> was before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in
>>> there somewhere?  I have tried to export the PST file to different
>>> formats, such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail.
>>> I think the data is still in the PST file, but I have no idea how
>>> to extract it. I also tried changing the file attributes of the PST
>>> file, such as Last Modified & Access Date, but this doesnt work.
>>>
>>> I've seen some professional data recovery services online but their
>>> bench fees are in the $700 range to start.  I tried the OnTrack
>>> EasyRecovery EmailRepair application, as well as the WinXP Inbox
>>> Repair Tool, but they didnt recover any of the missing data. Anyone
>>> know how I can extract this missing data from my PST file?  The
>>> missing data is very important and I need to recover it!!  HELP!!!
>>>
>>> Thanks.....TJM

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

data input in text box

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Sorting Data #5

No Warning When Transaction Edits Are Going To Be Lost
I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a prior example, and lost all my edits. The real problem is that there is no notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just trashes them. Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before discarding them, yes?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Need help with Auto Filter

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away