Lost all inbox and contacts etc when removed server #2

I found the outlook.ost file. Can I reimpost this to
Outlook?  Can I somehow set it or use it as the "personal
data files" that the outlook dialog box requested? I dont
get why I was
able to access the contacts emails etc after I
disconnected the exchange server BUT only after I removed
the exchange server did it all disappear.

Not sure how I was meant to continue this thread so I
copied the previous question, comment and listed it as a
new post -- hope this it ok protocol.

Also someone else had recommended that I re-engage the
server but it is neither listed nor frankly does it even
exist anymore so I cant.

Thanks for any further thoughts.

Pam
Exchange? If you had
>your profile set up to deliver all mail to the Exchange
mailbox (this would
>be true by default) it's in the mailbox - and was perhaps
synchronized to a
>local OST (offline) file on your computer. If you've
removed the Exchange
>server from your profile, you probably can't use the
offline file now even
>if you a) had one and b) can find it, as it's just a
synced copy of your
>Exchange mailbox and can't be used once it's orphaned.
>
>If you can add the Exchange server service back to your
profile, and then
>export to a PST file, you'll have it for use in a non-
Exchange profile. Or,
>if all you have is the OST file (search your hard drive
for *.ost and make
>sure to search hidden/system folders as well) you might
want to check out
>www.exchangerecovery.com - it isn't cheap but it does
work.

>Pam wrote:
>> I recently changed from receiveing emails from a remote
>> exchange server to a pop3 account.  I had left the
>> original server listed amoung server tho each time I hit
>> send / receive I would get an error for the disconnected
>> exchange server.  I finally decided to choose the option
>> to remove that server.  Immediately all my Outlook data
>> was gone.  Inbox, calendar, contacts etc.  I cant even
>> work with outlook anymore as a dialog box indicates that
>> there are no personal data files.  Any thougths how I
can
>> (a) retrieve all those emails and contacts? (b) reenable
>> outlook?  Many thanks for any help. Pam
>

>.

See my other reply.

Pam wrote:
> I found the outlook.ost file. Can I reimpost this to
> Outlook?  Can I somehow set it or use it as the "personal
> data files" that the outlook dialog box requested? I dont
> get why I was
> able to access the contacts emails etc after I
> disconnected the exchange server BUT only after I removed
> the exchange server did it all disappear.
>
> Not sure how I was meant to continue this thread so I
> copied the previous question, comment and listed it as a
> new post -- hope this it ok protocol.

Just keep replies in the same thread so everyone can floolow.

> Also someone else had recommended that I re-engage the
> server but it is neither listed nor frankly does it even
> exist anymore so I cant.

If not, you need to find the utility I mentioned.

> Thanks for any further thoughts.
>
> Pam

0
lanwench (7567)