Loses "All day event" option

Quite frequently all my appointments marked with "All day event" will
forget this option and become a 2 day event. This happens whenever I
change my computer's timezone setting. Is there a way to tell Outlook
that I really want an appointment to be an "All day event" regardless
of the timezone? I travel and switch timezones frequently. Even the
holidays are getting screwed up.

Using Outlook 2003 SP2.

Thanks.

0
suranap (1)

What do you expect to happen when changing your time settings in Windows?
It affects every application that uses time zones for its information.  Why
not use the alternate time zone setting in Outlook?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, suranap@gmail.com asked:

| Quite frequently all my appointments marked with "All day event" will
| forget this option and become a 2 day event. This happens whenever I
| change my computer's timezone setting. Is there a way to tell Outlook
| that I really want an appointment to be an "All day event" regardless
| of the timezone? I travel and switch timezones frequently. Even the
| holidays are getting screwed up.
|
| Using Outlook 2003 SP2.
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS (3228)

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

cannot add a all day event << outlook 2002 sp1
Hi, i cannot use the All Day Event in my Calendar ! every time i close the event, it is save with a start and end time with 00:00 How can i correct that ? Thanks Regards Damien bob74fr@hotmail.com "Damien" <bob74fr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:469efa75.0401140706.5c0e565c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > i cannot use the All Day Event in my Calendar ! > every time i close the event, it is save with a start and end time with 00:00 > How can i correct that ? I'm only hanging around here looking for answers myself - I'm no expert, but as a first simple...

All day events do not appear in To Do bar
Outlook 2007. If I set up an All-Day event in my calendar, it doesn't appear in the To Do bar. is there a setting I need to change, or is this just how it works? (If it IS "just how it works", is there any way of requesting that this "feature" is amended?) thanks That's how it works indeed. It's been requested a couple of times already, also by several Outlook MVPs but the more votes on a feature the better chance it might actually turn into a feature. The Microsoft newsgroups offer a suggestion feature but you can also contact your local Microsoft of...

set default to busy for all day events
When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any way to set the default to busy? Thanks Will No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23gUuNkaxDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Will Fleenor wrote: > When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check > all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any >...

All Day Events 03-22-10
In monthly view all day events look fine in all appointment view they span 2 days, I can add the duration field and see that is truely a 1 day event, but here is my problem. We create our yearly calendar in out look but my calendaring software for the internet is actually a MDB so when I export from Outlook to excel the end date is the next day. Can I change the default of one day to be 23 hours and 59 min. or some thing You can't change the defaults for all day events. It might be easier to use VBA to change it within Excel. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outloo...

Multiple all day events can not be displayed?
Can anyone comment as to why when one has multiple all day events for a given day, only one of those events is displayed when viewing in one-day mode? When viewed in week view or month view, every one of the all day events is displayed. Thanks, --Howie They are showing for me with Outlook 2003 SP1 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Howie" <nothere@this.time> wrote in message news:51clq0d5s8ovv7in5sn27287cl0d8phme6@4ax.com... > Ca...

all day events 01-20-10
I am unable to get my all day events to show up in the grey banner area at the top of each day. Instead, my all day events show up in the time block area at 12:00 am, and I'm forced to scroll up to that time to see if there is any all day events. Also, when I schedule a multiday event, it only appears on one day. How do I get my all day events to show up in the banner at the top of the day? How do I get the category color to color the whole day or all the days that the event is scheduled for? Did you check the box for all day event when you created the appointment? Do the...

All Day Events on Tool Bar
How do I get all day events to show up on my tool bar? "Mike" <junkmail@blackcows.com> wrote in message news:bf831f4d-17f1-4c9a-9164-fecdf4d6dbf9@o6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > How do I get all day events to show up on my tool bar? Do you mean your "To-Do Bar"? If not, what toolbar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] the To-do? It won't show all day events- you'll need to make them timed events. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Ti...

All Day events cover 2 day
When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to two days. So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2 days. The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59 mins. Add the duration field to the view and you'll see they are only 1 day. If they spread over 2 days on the pda, check the time zone settings on the pda. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

Outlook showing appointments as all day events when they are not
I am a (relatively) new user to outlook (XP home running under win98). Having set up a whole series of appointments (most of which are weekly reoccuring) outlook today is reporting some of them as all day events when they are not. Help suggests unchecking the all day event box - the check box is not showing on the problematic items - the items do not span more than (say) two hours and do not cross days. Have checked knowledge base cannot find anything - any ideas please? What do you show as the start and end times for any example appointment that exhibits this behavior? --� Milly Sta...

Synch of all day events does not work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I use Entourage 2008 for my business email and calender. I synch the calender with iCal and iPhone. If I create an all day event on the Mac side, it will appear in Exchange (in the office) as an event that runs from 2 am on the first day until 2 am on the second day. MobilMe and Entourage display the correct time. What can I do about this? ...

Make "all day event" not very visible! :o(
(Using OL2003) Hi, When I create an all-day-event, it's placed in the top of the day (in the calendar). This is NOT very visible. Is it possible to show an all-day-event fully, so the whole day is painted white? Hope you understand what I mean. Thanks!! M O J O No, not possible unless you specify the time for the event. Note that you can label an event with a color to make it more visible to you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "M O J O" &l...

All day events shown as shaded, not white.
2 users with Outlook 2007. When one creates an all day busy event the day becomes shaded. When the other creates the same all day busy event, the day stays white. White is preferred. How can I change the setting for the person who does not want the shading? Don't set a color category and set it to show time as busy. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/colored_dates.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subs...

Invisible All Day Events
I have a bug in the Outlook calendar. All Day Events are not displayed normally. I can see a line on the left of the day when there is an all day event with something other than "show time as free" but I can't see the box at the top. So there's no text at all and no indication that there is an event. This is even worse when the time is shown as free (white) as there is no indication at all of the event. Since I use this a lot, this is quite annoying. Mycroft ...

All day events do not display correctly in Outlook Calendar 2003
It seems that when I am in the one-day view I can only display two all day events in my calendar under Outlook 2003. These two events appear in white background separated by a grey barabove the daily calendar . When I click the grey bar it opens the daily event that is there. When I close the event it disappears from view. However, this is a random occurrence. On some days, all of the all-day events are visible. In other views, such as seven day. all the events are visible. Any ideas on a fix or an explanation? Thanks, ...

total appointments allowed to enter in all day events month view
i can enter 8 or 9 appointments but can only view 7 when i print the calendar That's normal. Try a word template or a utility - information at http://slipstick.me/calprint -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? htt...

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

Is there a way to alphabetize all day events in an outlook calenda
-- Serena Is there a way to alphabetize all day events in an outlook calendar so that recurring all day events and single occurrence all day events are alphabetized? Currently, recurring events appear at the top by duration of event (longer first, then shorter), then single all day events. Of course, the workaround would be to enter each reoccurrence as a single event on each day but who wants to do that? -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > > -- > Serena "Serena K." <Serena@community.nospam> wrote in message news:42327...

Multiple Time Zones and the effects on All Day events in Outlook
Hello, I am working in a job that requires frequent travel between EST and MST time zones on a weekly basis. I like to switch the timezone on my system clock to account for which part of the country I am in. When I set up a calendar appointment for 9am while on EST, outlook will automatically set it to 7am when the system clock is switched to MST. This is good. However, any "All Day" appointments that I have set up (and I use this functionality alot) will also be pushed back two hours. This is not good, because outlook considers an "All Day" event to run from 1...

MS Outlook 2003 All Day Event Question
In the MS Outlook 2003 Calendar, I have events that I click as all day events for certain days. Sometimes I have a number of events that it becomes too many and some do not show. Is there anyway I can modify this so that it will show all my all day events. Thanks Irvin Libao The number that are shown is dependant upon the screen resolution and size of outlook's window - a high resolution with outlook at full screen with no toolbars will show about 22 or so. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Loses "All day event" option
Quite frequently all my appointments marked with "All day event" will forget this option and become a 2 day event. This happens whenever I change my computer's timezone setting. Is there a way to tell Outlook that I really want an appointment to be an "All day event" regardless of the timezone? I travel and switch timezones frequently. Even the holidays are getting screwed up. Using Outlook 2003 SP2. Thanks. What do you expect to happen when changing your time settings in Windows? It affects every application that uses time zones for its information. Why not use...

All Day Event
I have more than 11 items scheduled as All day events. I can only view eleven of them in the Calendar View. How can I view more than eleven items - is there a setting? What is your screen resolution, upping it to 1024 x 768 should allow for 16 appointments <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a901c3c33d$7e43cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have more than 11 items scheduled as All day events. > I can only view eleven of them in the Calendar View. > How can I view more than eleven items - is there a > setting? That worked - Thanks >-----Original Mes...

All day events display incorrectly
I have a removeable harddrive that I transport from work to home which has a ..pst file on it I call main.pst. I have Outlook both at home and at work and in both instances, I have set this main.pst to be the default delivery location. The problem is that when I schedule an appointment at work and mark it as "All Day", when I go home, the appointment is changed to 11pm the previous day to 11pm the day of the event. What's more, in the month view, the appointment bar for that appointment spans two days and has clock icons at either end. If I change the appointment to view corr...

all day event calendar form
Good Afternoon, Outlook 2000, I need to create a form based on the all day event for Regulatory Submissions, is it possible to do this? I have created email forms before but not one based on a calendar event, any tips? thank you for your time -- Ynez Dugan Regulatory Operations See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/appointmentform.htm FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_f...

All day event alarm
I know this must be posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. Is there a way to set the time for the alarms in all day events so that they do not go off at 6AM, or should I just turn off the alarm for all all day events? Thanks GeraldF <me@somewhere.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set the time for the alarms in all day > events so that they do not go off at 6AM, or should I > just turn off the alarm for all all day events? If you have reminders set, all-day events always have 18 hour reminders. That's hard-coded into Outlook. I usually turn off reminders for all-day ...