Loosing e-mails w/o setting rules

I keep loosing e-mails from someone that I haven't set rules for.  Can anyone
help?  I've tried searches and importing/exporting from archived items.
0
Pekins (1)

GReg Pekins <GReg Pekins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I keep loosing e-mails from someone that I haven't set rules for.
> Can anyone help?  I've tried searches and importing/exporting from
> archived items.

Define what you mean by "losing".  Do they get moved to the Deleted Items
folder?  Do you see them arrive and then disappear?  Describe the symptoms
in more detail, please.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/17/2004 3:03:00 PM
I see them arrive and then they disappear.  I've checked through all my
subfolders and then imported archived items and checked them.  Is it possible
that they could have been permanently deleted or is there someplace else they
could be stored that I don't know about?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> GReg Pekins <GReg Pekins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I keep loosing e-mails from someone that I haven't set rules for.
> > Can anyone help?  I've tried searches and importing/exporting from
> > archived items.
>
> Define what you mean by "losing".  Do they get moved to the Deleted Items
> folder?  Do you see them arrive and then disappear?  Describe the symptoms
> in more detail, please.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Perkins (3)
11/18/2004 6:28:01 AM
GReg Perkins <GReg Perkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I see them arrive and then they disappear.  I've checked through all
> my subfolders and then imported archived items and checked them.

Things I would try:

1) If you can determine something in one of them, like a word in the
subject, try Find to look for that message.  If Find can locate it, it will
tell you what folder it's in.  Perhaps you have a View that's hiding the
messages.  Reset your View to the default (View>Arrange By>Current
ViewCustomize Current View>Reset Current View, for Outlook 2003 - you don't
state your Outlook version).

2) Make sure there are no rules and disable the Junk mail filter.  Create a
new mail profile and a new PST to go with it.  Recreate your account(s) in
the new profile.  Open the old PST and copy from it (not import) everything
you wish to keep.  Close the old PST (and delete later, if you wish).
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

set value 09-06-07
I have two forms. When I type on the right side form (subform), I want to update the left side form(main form). Currently, I was using a macro with the set value command. But, this only works for numeric fields. When I try to use this same macro on a text field, the macro fails. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- Joan Do you mean you want to add a record in the parent table when you are adding a record to the child table? What version of Access are you using? -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit "joan" <joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Create rule to run script
I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup a rule in outlook that when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified folder? Thanks in advance what version? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outl...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

DPM 2010 Remote Agent Install (windows firewall settings)
I'm looking for the specific ports I need to unblock in order to push the agent from the console. All the documentation references point to firewall settings for the DPM server. I'm only interested in the windows firewall settings on the client (protected machine) necessary to push the agent. If I manually install on the client the installer opens the correct ports on the firewall for the agent to function so I'm not even concerned about those settings. I just need to be able to install/uninstall from the console and have been unable to do so unless I turn off the...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

Rule info
TIA! Just migrated to outlook 2003 from 2000 (on a WinXP Pro machine). Is there a reference anywhere that explains what the various rule statements mean, or how to change the default boolean when linking the rule statements? I would love to make use of the new rules but am having difficulty interpreting their meaning. For instance, now there is a rule "sender is in 'specified' address book and on this machine only". The rule does not make sense if the address book is a subset of the GAL (All Users) which is not 'on this machine only'. Also, the rule I need shoul...

FRx E-Mails
Hello: A client is getting an "FRx 32 error" and keeps getting kicked out of FRx, whenever she e-mails a report to someone. Otherwise, she is able to use FRx just fine. And, it seems to be just happneing on her workstation. And, the e-mailed financials transmit just fine. It's just that she gets this error everytime she e-mails, and she is using Outlook so it is MAPI compliant. For now, she is simply sending the e-mails manually by adding the frd files from the IO_Data folder as e-mailed attachments. But, can anyone recommend a way to elimninate this nuisance error. ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Unauthorized outgoing mail
Hi every one I recently find something terrible in my system. Special types of spam are sent mail to unknown domain without any notification. This is the story: One of my mail address is from "GMAIL" thanks to its power full spam filter and outlook junk mail I have no spam in my "IN BOX" folder. But spam report about their status from my computer, I find this when I check "sent mail" folder form "gmail" account. There are many sent mail in the following forms: To: itsoca_1987@ENDYMIONSYSTEMS.COM (or other e-mail) Subject: Not read: Best improvemen...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...

foutmelding O.E 6
Krijg in O.E 6 bij (tijdens) het ophalen van mail de volgende fout melding. Account: ? (? = mapnaam, krijg de fout bij alle 3) Gebruikersnaam: ? (? = emailadres) Protocol: HTTPMail Poort:0 Beveiligd(SSL):0 CODE:80004005 Als ik bij MS op de site ga zoeken onder 80004005 krijg ik niet de info die ik zoek, weet er iemand wat te doen ?????? Je hebt je account niet geconfigureerd. Vraag je ISP om je account en configuratiegegevens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Ser...

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...