looking to sort my personal address book

trying to find how I can sort my personal address book by
last name, comma, first name
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you really using a Personal Address Book? Why?
It was replaced by the Outlook Address Book 6 years ago.
The PAB cannot be sorted by  Last, First because both names are in the same
field.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to find how I can sort my personal address book by
> last name, comma, first name

0
russval (3097)
12/2/2003 9:53:58 PM
Russ, all my contacts are in "my personal address book".
I've never used the Outlook Address Book.  Is there a way
to get all of my contacts out of my personal to the
Outlook Book?

I'm just not a big fan of the whole contact seen.  Too
much info. there.

I don't have my old laptop with me but I believe I was
using Outlook 97 and this new machine has Outlook 2002 on
it.  My old machine allowed me to sort my personal address
book that is where the question came from, experience.

Glen

0
anonymous (74722)
12/3/2003 12:35:22 AM
There are several alternatives for migrating, all outlined here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/olconpab.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Russ, all my contacts are in "my personal address book".
> I've never used the Outlook Address Book.  Is there a way
> to get all of my contacts out of my personal to the
> Outlook Book?
>
> I'm just not a big fan of the whole contact seen.  Too
> much info. there.
>
> I don't have my old laptop with me but I believe I was
> using Outlook 97 and this new machine has Outlook 2002 on
> it.  My old machine allowed me to sort my personal address
> book that is where the question came from, experience.
>
> Glen

0
russval (3097)

Missing in Address book
HI, I find some 2% of my entries in Contacts folder not showing up in the Address book. Could someone clarify the relationship between the Contacts folder and the Address book (what gets listed in the composing screen for the addresses)? How can i get all the entries in Contacts folder to show up in the Address book when i am composing a mail? Thanks Ramesh Ramesh <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote: > I find some 2% of my entries in Contacts folder not showing up in the > Address book. Could someone clarify the relationship between the > Contacts folder and the Address...

Customizing Users from Address
-- J Wilmer ...

Sorting with formulas
I see pieces of formulas that solve what I'm looking for, but can't get it all to work together. I have a list of scores that I'll continue to add to that I need to sort with a formula from lowest to highest. I want to keep duplicate entries but don't want to show blank entries. Here's an example: Row ColA ColB (sorted) 1 42 36 2 42 38 3 36 40 4 42 5 40 42 6 42 42 7 48 8 48 9 38 10 fill in 10-25 later ..... 25 I'm a beginner with these more complex formulas, so I really a...

No address book after reinstalling Outlook 2007.
After an upgrade to Windows 7 and reinstalling Outlook 2007, I have no address book. After the reinstall I had a new Personal folders file, all empty of course (inbox etc). I opened the largest pst file I could find as there were 8 or more, and that brought up my latest emails. How do I get my address book back? "|Eurofeeds" <trevor@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message news:821c9$4c19e94a$50e5af86$8601@news.eurofeeds.com... : After an upgrade to Windows 7 and reinstalling Outlook 2007, I have no : address book. : After the reinstall I had a new Personal folders file, a...

Excel plugin to make graphs look better
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a plugin for Excel that made the graphs look better. I'm using Office 2003, and find the graphs supplied seemed rather flat - and as everyone uses them, the seem rather bland. Is there a (free?) plugin that allows other graph styles than those included? Thanks ...

Absolute address for Indirect function
Hi, I want to make the reference in indirect function absolute because Im copying this function to lots of successive row. For ex. in F3 I have the formula --> =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($D3,INDIRECT("'Raw Data'!$B$3:$K$"&T1),10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($D3,INDIRECT("'Raw Data'!$B$3:$K$"&T1),10,FALSE)) Now I need to copy this formula to F4 , F5 and depending on the data range (which would change from one time to another) I will need to paste it down to F5000. My only problem is when I paste it down using autofill then the part --> INDIRECT(&qu...

Transpose Address
Hi I have a file with each part of the address in a separate line down column A. Sometimes the address could have 4, 5, 6 or 7 lines. How can I transpose this without having to do each address separately? I could record separate macros but is there a way to do this that picks up on the postcode and then transposes the information above that? Cheers Shona Hi, I think you should ensure exactly howmany lines the address takes up even if an address doesn't need it. In the old days it looked something like this: Address1 Address2 City State Country PostCode Address1 would be for eg:...

Sorting columns.
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with about 300 tabs. Some have data in Column A only, some have data in Column A through Column IV. I want to have a Macro that will go through each tab and move everything into Column A on that tab. So, any data in Column B gets moved underneath the data in Column A. Then any data in Column C will be moved underneath the data from Column A and Column B, in Column A, etc. Then, I'd like the macro to delete any blank lines on each tab. (There will be lots of them). I've tried to do this but my way has created a macro that is now a over a thousa...

Workflow or JScript for automatic/lookup address in appointment
Dear readers, Does anyone have experience with a workflow or JScript (OnLoad) to write the location in the address/location field in the appointment? Thanks in advance for helping me. Hi Sjoerd, Yes of Course , can you tell me exactly what you want to do , so i'll be able to help you better? -- Regards, Karim Mohamed http://karimmohamed.spaces.live.com "Sjoerd" wrote: > Dear readers, > > Does anyone have experience with a workflow or JScript (OnLoad) to write the > location in the address/location field in the appointment? > > Thanks in advance ...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Add recipients from personal contactbook i exchange 2003 webmail
Hi all, Normally my users are using Outlook 2003 with our exchange 2003 server. Sometimes we use the webmail but some functions are rather difficult i the webmail. If I want to reply an email and send it to someone in my personal contact book, I have to search in the contacts. In outlook I can see a list of my personal contact book. It not possible in the webmail? Can i type something in the search box and get everyone in a list? Best Regards Martin On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:09:13 +0200, Martin <wee@wee.co.org> wrote: >Hi all, > >Normally my users are using Outlook 2003 wit...

Book for Excel Beginner
Looking for a book that will bring me up to speed in about one month. I am a basic user of Excel and am going to be in a Support function. Using Excel 2000 and Excel 2002. Thank you, Cary Hi have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Cary Shultz wrote: > Looking for a book that will bring me up to speed in > about one month. I am a basic user of Excel and am going > to be in a Support function. Using Excel 2000 and Excel > 2002. > > Thank you, > > Cary Frank, Vielen Dank! Lived in Frankfurt for a ...

Missing accounts in Money 2004 after importing from Quicken Personal+ 2004
Hello Folks, after importing my Quicken file into Money 2004 Std. some accounts are not showing up in the account list. They show up in the pull down list of accounts when setting up scheduled transactions in the calendar etc. How can I get them to show in the account list? TIA Graeme. Tough to say as Money 2004 only supports importing Money 2003 and earlier. I'm surprised you got this far. BTW, Money2005, which claims to convert Q04, is something I do not recommended. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. "Graeme" <gnichols@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:41...

Default From address in Outlook and Exchange 2007
Hello, I am using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007, and I have Send As permission on a few e-mail accounts. Can I set one of them as the default for my From field in new messages? I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Word 2007, sending a newsletter so it appears to come from my general-access address. If I set a default From in Outlook, I'm sure the merge will use it. With POP/ IMAP, I could change my name in Account Settings, but I can't find that with MAPI on Exchange. Any ideas? Thanks. you need to log into that mailbox if you want to use it for the from address in a mail me...

Trying to transfer "Shared contacts" in Address Book
In my address book within Outlook Express I have "shared contacts" and "main identity's contacts"- (windows XP). I am trying to get my contacts over to my new computer with the Vista OS. I have been able to get my "main identity's contacts" over but am unable to find the file or capture the contacts within my "shared contacts". Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks "Duane Lee" <duanelee@att.net> wrote in message news:uLHDc9DaIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In my address book within Outlook Express This ...

Missing Email Addresses Breaking Workflow
Am I right in thinking that if you try to send a template email from a case which has a Account/Contact with a blank email field; that this breaks that workflow rule. So instead of skipping that particular email command, it instead skips the entire rule? Regards, Paul. Xchange Group. ...

Outlook 2003 "sort by grouping"
Just got Office 2003 and noticed it's got a grouping sorting feature. Does anyone know if there is a way I can turn the grouping off on all my folders at once without having to go into each folder? Thanks. If you use View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views to edit one of your views, such as Messages, the changes you make should be made to that view in all folders of that type (e.g. all Mail folders). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...

Problem: Sorting with Hyperlinks
I need expert help, please. :) Before you say anything, yes, I would much rather do this in Access, but my boss doesn't know how to use it. (He also uses a Mac, so what do you expect?) I am creating a spreadsheet in Excel to include my boss' trauma cases. Linking to the hospital database is clunky and unreliable, and so he wants me to pull in JPGs of the imaging to our own server and link to them. I just started the project and already hit a snag. When I have just one image, I put in a hyperlink to it directly on the server. But when there are several images he wants, ins...

Restricting access to address books?
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5. How do I restrict access to folders in our address book? We have some email addresses and distribution lists that need not be viewable to all users. Can anyone help? Thanks, TNA Hi,pls check the KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241472 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "TNA" <TNA@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :A1B18266-5F7F-4EA8-A97D-1E46DF276E4F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > We have Exchange 5.5. > How do I restrict access to folders in our address book? > We have some email addresses and distribution lists that n...

Sort Records Descending in Filtered Subform?
Hi all, I have a subform which is filtered based on the main form. The subform is based on a table, which holds the primary key of the main form table as a foreign key. The default sort is ascending (by autonumber primary key in subform table). I would like to sort this descendingly. I'm using Access 2000. I don't want to change everything to base the subform on a query. Is this possible to do while still basing the subform on a table? Please let me know if more info is needed. Thanks in advance. Have you tried using the forms "Order By" property? You could set this when...

log book
Ok here's one that's been killing me This version works fine B10 to 40 are numbered 1thru 31 C10 thru 40 represent the days of the month with C3 thru 9 representing the 7 previous days of last month. Hours on duty are entered into C3 - 40 for each day worked D9 - 40 are the accumulated hours for the past 7 days D9's formula is =SUM(C3,C4,C5,C6,,C7,C8,C9) this is only for D9 D 10 - 40 is =IF(AND(ISBLANK(C10)),"",(F10-C3)) the cell references progress down to D40 E9 is the number of hours available for the next day ( limited to 70 and below) E9=70-D9 E10 - 40 =IF...

Need to block out going mail to a specific address
I have users sending info to unauthorized email address out side the company but to the best of my knowledge I have no way of blocking this. I know I can block emails going to an internal user but how do I block internal emails from going to external address? ...

Cannot Generate Offline Address Book
Hi all, I'm running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 (sp-4) platform and this is the third server within the site (all running exchnage server 5.5 sp-4). I have moved the offline address book replica from the old bridgehead server, then made the new server the replication bridgehead and the offline address book server. However, every time I try to generate the offline address book I recieve an error, resulting in eventID 5004 being logged, with the description "Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error occurred. " I have tried everything I kn...

Option Button as Query Sort Parameter
Is it possible to use an option button as a query sort option? I have a form with two option buttons... when one option button is clicked I want my query to be sorted according to that... any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Use a calculated field in your query --- SortOrder: IIF([Forms]![FormName]![Frame1] = 1, [Field_X], [Field_Y]) Nest more IIF's for more sorts. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Barkley via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Is it possible to us...

ACT! address book
I use Outlook 2003 with ACT! 6.0. When I send an email from Outlook, I can choose from ACT! Contacts, but they are listed First Name, Last Name. When I choose to attach an email to an ACT! Contact, the list is Last Name, First Name (the way I want it). How do I make the Address Book ACT! Contact List read Last Name, First Name? Lew Lew <notme@notmindspring.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 with ACT! 6.0. When I send an email from Outlook, > I can choose from ACT! Contacts, but they are listed First Name, Last > Name. When I choose to attach an email to an ACT! Contact, th...