looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...

....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to
little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and
am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send
it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me
set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes
it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending
it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into
the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9.
Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help!
0
nneff (1)

What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receive every X
minutes, but to wait for you to manually send/receive? Would that help?

roanwight wrote:
> ...without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to
> little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and
> am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send
> it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me
> set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes
> it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending
> it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into
> the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9.
> Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help!

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2004 3:22:27 AM
What is wrong with the "do not deliver before" option?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, roanwight asked:

| ...without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to
| little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and
| am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send
| it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me
| set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes
| it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending
| it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into
| the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9.
| Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help!

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/22/2004 3:31:22 AM

0
anonymous (74722)
4/22/2004 3:51:35 AM
sorry, just sent a blank message.
so is that a rule I have to set up, or is it an option I
can choose? it seems on my old computer, with an older
version of outlook, that's exactly how I had it. but I
can't seem to make that happen with this version (2003).

0
anonymous (74722)
4/22/2004 3:53:39 AM
where can I find that option in outlook 2003?

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
roanwight asked:

>| ...without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out,=20
>| little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed=20
and
>| am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send
>| it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me
>| set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes
>| it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending
>| it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going=20
into
>| the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9.
>| Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please=20
help!=20

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/22/2004 3:54:23 AM
You either need to use drafts or disable Send Immediately...  What kind
of account do you connect to? It won't work with exchange.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

0
info2937 (567)

E-mail compression error and restore question
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail file...

Mail rules... subject line...
I have created mail rules which eliminate 90% of my SPAM ending up in the Inbox. Some inigenious SPAMMERS use character set code in the subject line in order to fool the keyword rules (=?ISO-8859-1?B?U2FtcGxlIFNpbGRlbmFmaWwgQ2l0cmF0ZQ==?=) This appears in my Inbox with a subject reading: "Sample Sildnafil Citrate" QUESTION: Is there a way to stop Outlook / Outlook Express from accepting character sets in the subject of an email? I know someone who knows more than I will know the answer to this. Thank you for your replies! Allan allan@KEEPYOURSPAMvidcom.org (remove the keepyou...

Excel 2003 Help Runtime Error
Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to debug?' Have you trying repairing or reinstalling Excel? On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:53:01 -0800, Weezay <Weezay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to >debug?' ...

How to automatically delte junk sender's mail?
Hi, I am used to the way OE remving the e-mails from junk senders, it was automatic. Using Outlook is another story. After adding someone into junk sender, outlook does not delete/block the mail for me. What did I do wrong? Thanks | What did I do wrong? You failed to post your version of Outlook, which is required for an intelligent answer since the different versions offer different solutions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

POP3 (INCOMING MAIL NOT WORKING) Microsoft small business 2007
Hi I am having a promblem with Microsoft Small Business 2007 OUTLOOK not getting INCOMING MAIL .It was working Perfect just stopped with no Error .I did confirm with my ISP if there server was down or any Changes .I even delete the Accounts and restarted the Computer and recreate the New Accounts but still .I check my Firewall and Exception as well iu even Uninstall my Antivirus as well was thinking that was causing from the latest Update for some Reason .Kindly someone can Advice me ? Thanks "Veeshal" <Veeshal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

send email (VC++6.0)
Hi I'm using VC 6.0 and the project needs to read/reply email . Is there code sample I can follow ? THANKS ! Bonjour, bangwo a �mis l'id�e suivante : > Hi > I'm using VC 6.0 and the project needs to read/reply email . > Is there code sample I can follow ? > THANKS ! http://www.codeproject.com/internet/#Email+%26+SMTP http://www.codeproject.com/info/search.asp?cats=2&searchkw=send+mail&Submit1=Search&author=&sd=11%2F15%2F1999&ed=7%2F11%2F2005 Hope this helps -- Alni Alni, It helps. Thanks! "Alni" wrote: > Bonjour, > >...

application stuck when send msg: WM_IME_SETCONTEXT to CAxWindow
Hi All, My app had flash model use CAxWindow to render. My testing by install GooglePinnyinDaemon program(it is language app, support press china text), run my app and this app when render flash my app stuck by press Alt+Shift, i debug then see GooglePinnyinDaemon send a msg is: WM_IME_SETCONTEXT, i think this msg catched by CAxWindow and never return so my app can not focus, anybody know about it can help me to solve it. Thanks very much, ...

"Disable Send/Receive" button
Office Outlook 2007, SP1 On one of my computers, I was able to customize a button for "Disable Scheduled Send/Receive," but now I can't remember how I found it. I'm trying to customize the same for my notebook. Online searches say that I can find that command under Tool>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings, but the only choices I find there are "Define Send/Receive Groups" and "Show Progress." Where's the "Disable Scheduled Send/Receive" command? Thanks! Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Tools-&g...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

One exchange user, cant send email to another particlular user
I have a problem its is only a 1 way problem, user a cannot send mail to user b, user b can send mail to user a. both users are on the same exchange 5.5 server. This means that user b is not recognized as a valid recipient. Check the properties of user b in the Admin Program and make sure you have an e-mail address stamped there. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights." "Nema J" <ne...

Cannot send emai to hotmail accounts from Exchange
Hi, Setup: Exchange 2003 running on Sever 2003 on private (192.168) IP Semi-dynamic IP on cable modem (only changes once or twice a year). Network connected to cable modem via Linksys router Public IP not listed in RBL lists Closed relay Not running Watchguard (I've read this can sometimes cause problems). If any of our users attempts to send a message to a hotmail.com email address, the message just disappears. The recipient does not receive the message, and the sender does not get back a failure message. I assume this is something to do with Hotmail checking our domain record to mak...

Cannot send mail to Public Folder
I have an existing 2003 Exchange Organization that consists of two servers. One server is a front-end for OWA access and the other is for public and private info stores. I added another server in a remote site for private info stores. I intially decided to replicate public folders over a T1 WAN link to the new server but found the replication bandwidth needed to was to high for our VoIP network. Public folder replication was impacting call quality and call setup. So I attempted to kill replication between the two servers and that's when I ran into problems. I had to call Microsoft to assis...

e-mailing purchase orders
I need info on how to e-mail purchase requsitions in PDF format. Before opening the purchase order entry window, change your printer to the PDF writer you are using (we use Adobe Acrobat 6.0, and its PDF printer is called "Adobe PDF"). Then open/enter your PO, and print it to the printer (or to the screen and then to the printer). We email all of our PO's and many of our invoices this way. HTH "Sandra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:122301c4b22e$e08d4190$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need info on how to e-mail purchase requsitions...

"Allow Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail using CRM for Outlook
CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing it in the database. Thanks. Hi emon, I think that's a registry setting on the user's worksation, as it relates to CRM for Outlook. you can read this article... http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/09/21/pushing-crm-for-outlook-settings-to-the-masses/ Maybe you could push the registry change out somehow. Dave > CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by > default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing...

PLEASE Help #19
I have a spread sheet which I keep a record of all my sowing (plants) I want to keep an automatic seed stock count by varity how can I do this. On my sheet i have Batch No, Varity, Qty, Customer, Date Sown, Delivery Date, 12345 Bastile 100, van Dyke 12/12 25/02/06 What I want to do is every time I sow Bastile it automaticly takes the amount off my stock on another sheet .We sow 25 varitys a day so can not use cell No's must use names but how does excel do this as each name will not apper in a set cel. Help please thank you Try approac...

need help to fix this problem
windows live messenger i have this problem and cannot fix so hoping you can help i uninstalled it and reinstalled still the same problem have tried everything to no avail the font isn't white it purple like i always have it. and I tryed changing the font. the only thing that show up is *_________ *__________ and if you click the top line you get the history and if you highlight in between the lines you get staggered blue marks like this l l l l the lines aren't visible but space is highlighted like they are there. Handwriting messages...

Restore PUB.EDB
We had a recent disaster and was able to restore the PRIV.EDB with no issue. The backup we restored from did not have a PUB.EDB. We can restore PUB.EDB from another tape. If we do this, how can we use the older PUB.EDB without having to restore the PRIV.EDB again since the PRIV.EDB has been used for a day or so? ?? Your backup software should allow you to select just the database that you want restored. "Scott H." <landru2@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:0c1d01c49b37$12617560$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > We had a recent disaster and was able to restore the > PRI...

outlook.pst file been deleted by accident please help!
i had i virus and i deleted the wrong file and now outlook won't start up as i dont have the outlook.pst file. any help would be great! thanks skyezone! skyezone@hotmail.com <skyezone@hotmail.com> wrote: > i had i virus and i deleted the wrong file and now > outlook won't start up as i dont have the outlook.pst > file. If you deleted your PST and it is no longer in your Recycle Bin, you have lost it all with little to no chance of recovery. It's not true that Outlook won't start. When it starts it complains that it can't find the PST and allows you to...

outlook express as default mail handler
My office uses Outlook Express for email. I could switch to Outlook. Here's the problem: I can't get Outlook Express to become the default so my PDA will pick up the email. Tried Tools, Options, etc. Click on default and then click ok and then it goes right back to not being the default. I don't understand why. I'd rather keep using Outlook Express. If I give up on OE and try for Outlook and try importing the mail info/addresses from OE, I get an error message which says it's creating an Outlook.exe error log and drops out of the import. I can't find the log....

How to convert Pegasus Mail to Outlook 2003?
I need to convert folders and messages with attachments and address books to Outlook. I want to keep all the original message dates. I've searched but can't find any utilities to do this. Anyone help? TIA, Rich Have you looked through the options Pegasus mail offers for export? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rich asked: | I need to convert folders and messages with attachments and address | books to Ou...

sending e-mails from outlook
the message I am getting now is the imap server has issued and unrecognized greeting??? Nothing being sent -- Joanne ...

How do put a group of addressee's into one batch to all receive e-
I have a committee and want to inform all of an upcoming meeting. How do I put all the committee members into an address where I click one time and have all of them receive the e-mail? make a Distribution List of them in your Contacts. jkundert wrote: > I have a committee and want to inform all of an upcoming meeting. How do I > put all the committee members into an address where I click one time and have > all of them receive the e-mail? "jkundert" <jkundert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F9568C-65C2-4543-8892-4C0A3E35947D...

"Dude where's my money" E-Mails?
I keep getting E-mails from a spammer with the subject "Dude wheres my money" I keep blocking the address but thats not stopping the e-mails. Is there something else I can do, and has anyone heard of this. I get them all the time and I use SpamBayes to put them in the junk email folder. I then right click and empty the folder without looking at any messages. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Event Macro help
I would like to record and display the date in a column when a particular event happens. For example, I'd like to display the date that each row in Column A displays "Complete." If the task in A1 is completed today, I'd like B1 to display "3/22/2010" and for it to stay that way unless changed or deleted. Thanks! 'Note that for this to work, column A must be manually changed, 'not a formula creating an output. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Is it a cell we care about? If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A"...

Need help #8
Cannot find outlook on my new Vista 64 computer, can you help? Sincerley Rudy -- Rudy Ramirez 702 353-4141 Fax 702 450-0580 RealEstate.com 10100 W. Charleston Blvd, Suite 170 LV,NV 89135 mailto:rudylv1@cox.net RUDY RAMIREZ, you wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:27:30 -0700: > Cannot find outlook on my new Vista 64 computer, can you help? Outlook doesn't come with Windows. Outlook is part of Microsoft Office that you need to buy if you want to use it. But you can download and install a trial version of any Office Version you want, but not Outlook standalone. http://us20.trymicro...