lockup on returned email

does anyone have any information on Outlook locking up
when getting returned email.  It doesn't seem to be on
all, but some. I can't find any consistancy on the
returned mails, it seems to be random.
Any help would be great. Thank You
0
anonymous (74722)

Move emails to a folder rule (Time based)
Hi. I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the senders email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the folder to a second one that are older than seven days. Any ideas? Thanks. PS, how do you create a custom rule? Rules act on messages when they are received in the in-box or sent. Outlook has no way of going back to move items after they have been received. You could probably write a little VBA routine to do what you want - see http://www.outlookcode.com for some samples or repost in an Outlook programming group for some potential help. --...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Opening Email Attachments #2
I use Outlook Express. When I open an email attachment that calls for an Internet Browser, my system opens Netscape. How can I change this to open Internet Explorer? Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpr...

setting to have email saved on Exchange server instead of PST
Hi, In Outlook 2007, is there a setting to have all the email saved to an Exchange Server rather than to a PST file? Thanks Steve Set the default delivery location to the exchange acct in tools, account settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://w...

2 Email accounts
Hi, I have a user with 2 email address, ex bob@afdf.com and tango@afdf.com. Under the user I have both email addresses setup as a smtp address. bob@afdf.com is set as the primary email address. Problem: The user wishes to pick which email address to use when sending a message or replying to a message. Righ now every message he sends out or reply's to is sent with bob@afdf.com. Is there a way that I can configure this so he can choose which one he wishes to use? Thanks Will need third party tool for Outlook, http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE...

standard text for all outgoing emails
Hi, is it possible to configure MS Exchange 5.5 in a way so that all outgoing emails get attached an informational text, for ex. a disclaimer text. Thanks for your help. Friedrich Yes, you can use the free imsext.dll for this. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258206 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Friedrich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:383801c49efb$f3ab82a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > is it possible to configure MS Exchange 5.5 in a way > so that all outgoing e...

SOS!!!due to a huge email, outlook cannot start any more!
Dear all, I accidentally got a huge email which is 55MB in size, and the email finally got downloaded to my local harddisk in "inbox". Since it is the only unread message in the "inbox", whenever I start outlook, it will default to show that message then the computer become completely dead and no responding...(100% CPU occupancy on outlook and task manager shows "not responding", and after 40 minutes, it is still in this dead mode...) If I kill outlook, and restart it again, it says it cannot start in safemode and then did a "WINDOWS OFFICE XP AUTO RECOVERY...

Receiving emails
When some people send me emails the emails they send do not come threw, but it shows me a new inbow message in an old email I received. Example, I received an email on 11/16/2009 opened and read it did not delete it. On 1/25/2010 some one sent me an email instead of that message coming threw it shows the message sent on 11/16/2009 as new and I never recieve the new message. Why is this? "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2C174B-023C-4B32-992B-9CDAE09C628C@microsoft.com... > When some people send me emails the emails they send ...

SFO email not being sent
I am running win 2k3 on my servers with SQL 2000 and exchange 2003 all fully patched. I am running CRM 1.2 fully patched as far as I know. My client PCs are running XP SP2 with office 2003 again all patched and SFO fully patched. When users send email from the crm web client the mail is send fine, also a normal outlook email goes fine. However, when an email is sent as a crm email from outlook it does not arrive. There are no errors on the CRM event log or SQL event log or the exchange event log. There is nothing in the local client event log. I am sure it was working at some point bu...

not able to send or receive emails
I have an exchange 5.5 server and if I send an email from my yahoo account to the account on the exchange server, i receive "Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for alias@company.com. Anyone have a solution for this, it was working fine yesterday. ...

reject email #2
Greetings All. From an internet account, got rejection when trying to send an email to my exchange account. The account is valid. what's the problem, how to check? Please advice. Here's the dialog from the SMTP Server: Received-From-MTA: dns;1kmgc61it Arrival-Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:18:11 -0400 Final-Recipient: rfc822;ll@xxx.com Action: failed Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Recipient address not accepted ----- Original Message ----- .... Obviously, something didn't like the address. Are you absolutely positive that you typed the address correctly? It's r...

Email addresses automatically added
In Active Directory, Email Address tab, each user keeps getting this email address added to their account. For example, domain.com shows up in the list. I delete it. When I come back a minute later, it's back. I was under the impression that these corresponded to the recipient policy. But that domain isn't listed in the Email Address tab of the default policy. There are no other policies. This is Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. Can someone direct me to what is adding this email address to each user? I'm guessing there is some other policy somewhere that is u...

Sending Email without my consent
Hi All, Sometimes I have only one email on outbox to send but in progress bar appear 2 or more. Is it possible that Outlook be sent email without my consent? TIA Sergio It may be sending a Read Receipt. "Sergio Luis Martins" <sergioluis@uol.com.br> wrote in message news:uXPTiI9FFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Sometimes I have only one email on outbox to send but in progress bar > appear > 2 or more. Is it possible that Outlook be sent email without my consent? > > TIA > > Sergio > > Hi Robert Crayk, > It may be sen...

email router setup fails
When I try to setup email router I get the below error. --------------------------------------------------------- One or more of the microsoft CRM servers that you listed is invalid or you do not have administrative priveleges on the server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again. --------------------------------------------------------- I have logged in as an admin. Any soultion to this will be appreciated. Regards, Nithin.R ...

entering emails without hyperlink creation
I want to enter email addresses in an Excel column without creating hyperlinks. I know how to turn them off in Word, but cannot find the same option in Excel Hi depending on your Excel version under 'Tools - autocorrection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "psgny" <psgny@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:117C446E-B548-4993-B6DC-5EFC69DF49BF@microsoft.com... > I want to enter email addresses in an Excel column without creating > hyperlinks. I know how to turn them off in Word, but cannot find the same > option in Excel I have...

Hyperlinks not working in Outlook email
Hyperlinks in emails i create or receive do not work. when i click on the hyperlink, i get a "Save As" dialogue box with "Executable File" as the file type. How do a fix this so that when I click on the hyperlink, I go to the internet web site? Thanks! "Jerry" <jlexky@yahoo.com> wrote, Hi Jerry, please read this one here, http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Can I operate several different email addresses from 1 client?
We have separate user accounts set up on our XP platform. My partner prefers to use Outlook Express. I use Outlook. I use ONE email account i.e. with one email address, on Outlook. My partner uses TWO different email addresses, same domain. One for business, one for personal emails. HOW do I set things up so that she can log on to Windows and have her business and private emails either arriving in separate folders, OR business on Outlook, and private email on Express - she'd prefer separate folders. How do you do this, because I am finding that email sent to either of her addresses...

IMF and Outlook/OWA junk email interaction
I know the deployment white paper goes over this some, but it still leaves a lot of points of confusion. So I've done a lot of testing and thought I would share my results on how Exchange/IMF/Outlook/OWA all interact for junk email handling. Feel free to give input.... http://www.blackcamaro.com/misc/imf.htm -Dave I've found that if a user connects with Outlook 2003 it can also turn on IMF junk filtering - it doesn't just happen from OWA. -GT "dlavoie" <dlavoie@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:1112307295.143433.164880@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I...

Duplicated emails
Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:56:01 -0700, Peter H <PeterH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. >In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. You're asking in the wrong place: this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. Please repost in a forum supporting your email software; when you do, indicate what version of the program and of Wi...

emailing with two accounts
I'm running office 2000 outlook and I have two email accounts (one home, one work). Trouble is that the home account is the default one and when I get a work email I can't reply because it obviously tries to reply from the default home account. In Outlook Express you could choose which account to send the email from. Can't you do this in Outlook 2000? Peter Check your mode of Outlook under Help->About, second line should tell you. Sounds like you are using it in Corporate or Work group mode, --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

Is there an answer to why Outlook 2003 won't "send" email?`
I've reviewed postings for past few days, including my own from 11/22, and found no substantive answer to making Outlook email send. Also, finding this program may be more trouble than it's worth. Can anyone out there, especially you Microsofties, explain how to use this confounding program. Is there any kind of troubleshooting class that would be less confusing than the program? Help! What are you doing to try and send mail and what errors do you receive? We also need to know your OS, the SP's that are installed and any antivirus or firewall software that is installed. --...

how can i send a document from microsoft publisher as an email
how can i send a document from microsoft publisher as an email My vote would be send it as an attached pdf file. The recipient then could click on it, view it, print it, and save it, The drawbacks to embedding the pub file into an email are width limitations, number of pages limitation (1 page) and when saving it carries the To an From etc in the file. One method I've used (before pdf method) was to create the pub file, make it an image and inserting the image into the email. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Two emails, one inbox
Please help, I have two emails address with my isp, but all of my emails are going into one inbox in outlook. How do i have two inbox's, one for each email address? Thanks in advance :) Either configure two different Outlook and log off/on for switching or create a new folder and a rule which moves emails comming from account x to folder x or comming to email address x to folder x. (Depending on what version of Outlook you have, there may be no rule for "comes from account"). Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "zoids" <zoids@zoids.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Automatic email generation
Here's a poser!! I have developed a simple spreadsheet to record incoming telephone calls to a maintenance response centre. As calls are received, they are recorded, and depending upon the nature of the call, they are allocated to an individual. I need to develop a system whereby the individual is notified by email that a call has been allocated to them. Is there any way that by updating an Excel spreadsheet, an automatic email can be generated?? Anybody's help appreciated!!! David Hi David you can do that (for email coding see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm). You ca...

How can I open .pub email attachments without having Pub. installe
I received an email with several attachments that are .pub documents. I do not have MSPublisher installed on this computer. Is there a way I can still open the files? Nope. Have the sender provide them in pdf format. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35593A13-F8A5-4FD6-9388-B2403B53A482@microsoft.com... > I received an email with several attachments that are .pub documents. I do > not have MSPublisher installed on this computer. Is there a way I can still > open the files? ...