Hi

I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice
over..
I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support
but it comes up with nothing.

The error is

"Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on"

any Ideas

thanks

0
sasa1 (2)

It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to
connect to.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000
> twice
> over..
> I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support
> but it comes up with nothing.
>
> The error is
>
> "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on"
>
> any Ideas
>
> thanks

0
Roady
5/10/2004 9:38:52 AM
I get it as I am loading up Outlook.....I can ping the exchange server, yet
it seems that I do not have permission to log on ?? I am a domain admin so I
should be able to.

thanks
message news:edyR4JnNEHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to
> connect to.
>
> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000
> > twice
> > over..
> > I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft
Support
> > but it comes up with nothing.
> >
> > The error is
> >
> > "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on"
> >
> > any Ideas
> >
> > thanks

0
sasa1 (2)
5/10/2004 10:02:56 AM
Start by doublechecking the permissions on the mailbox you are trying to
access.

Then start with a new profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> buton Show Profiles...

--

>I get it as I am loading up Outlook.....I can ping the exchange server, yet
> it seems that I do not have permission to log on ?? I am a domain admin so
> should be able to.
>
> thanks
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:edyR4JnNEHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to
>> connect to.
>>
>> --
>> Roady [MVP]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000
>> > twice
>> > over..
>> > I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft
> Support
>> > but it comes up with nothing.
>> >
>> > The error is
>> >
>> > "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on"
>> >
>> > any Ideas
>> >
>> > thanks

0
Roady

activesync error 11309
I am receiving the following error on my clustered Exchange 2003 server in the application event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeActiveSyncNotify Event Category: OMA Push Event Sink Event ID: 11309 Date: 7/5/2006 Time: 10:01:06 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2 Description: An internal error has occurred. Consult the debug trace log for more information. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 15 00 00 00 .... It started happening after we completed a move of our exchange logs and sto...

BP4 Synchronisation Tool sync error
Hi, I am trying to use the Dynamics Synchronisation Utility to synchronise between Sharepoint and Business Portal. When I run the synchronisation I get an erro saying that the snap-in needs to be unloaded - along with the errors shown below: Server stack trace: at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindo...

Setting up Windows Mail using my Yahoo ID but receiving error mess
I have tried to set up my email account on Windows Mail but when I tried to send a test email the error below keeps popping up. Could somebody tell me how to fix it? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Hi Mojo ', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thankyou "richnic" <richnic@discussions.m...

Spelling error in OU 2003
When I try to reply or forward messages in RTF, the following message appear if I try to check the spelling: "error occurred while checking spelling" If I use OU XP the spelling is checked correctly with the same message. ...

Error 0x80042108 retrieving POP3 Mail
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches from outlook.microsoft.com. I have 2 accounts. The first is to our Exchange server (which works flawlessly) the second is to my personal e-mail account. When I try and retrieve messages, Outlook sends all outbound messages (via SMTP) without a problem, but then cannot received inbound email (via POP3). I get the following message when I try: "Task '<servername> - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to ...

access 2003 query report "# error"
Hi all, I'm not sure what else to look at here. I have a rather complex query that I am using to underly a report. All the data in the query is correct when I run the query with the parameters. When I run the report using the same parameters, everything is fine except one column shows up as # Error. Not sure why it runs fine in the query, but the report column shows up as an error. I don't know if this matters, but the query does a lot of grouping and joins a separate "Totals Query" as a column (to get a total of all records) so I can calculate a percentage of the total ...

public folder 8004010f error
I'm trying to change/add client permissions on a public folder in exchange 2003, but it keeps poping up an 8004010f Exchange system manager error. Why? Ray ESM from your workstation or on the server itself? "Ray Joslyn" <ray@work> wrote in message news:OgzoCo3OFHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to change/add client permissions on a public folder in exchange > 2003, but it keeps poping up an 8004010f Exchange system manager error. > Why? > > Ray > I get this error from the server. When I try going to the properties on the pu...

Operation Failed error when sending/receiving
My husband has Outlook 2002 and Outlook express on his laptop. From the first day of installation (August 2003), we have received "the operation failed" message when clicking on sending and receive in Outlook 2002 while the Outlook express sends/receives with no problem. He would like to be able to use Outlook 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks. J See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jackie" <jackie...

2003
Encountered the subjected event in a newly upgraded Exchange 2003. The resolution based on KB Article - 271410 suggested: >>In Exchange System Manager, locate the administrative group, and then reset the service >>account password to encrypt it for the Exchange 2000 server. Can someone give more details on how to check the service account password encription in Exchange System Manager ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 271410 SYMPTOMS The following error message may be logged in the Application eve...

Error when migrating Contracts

How Do I Correct a 550 relay error in Outlook 2007
I have done everything that my ISP has suggested. I can send e-mail thru my web site but outlook will not accept / send mail "Bayouceff" <Bayouceff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A01BB71-D46A-4B2D-B030-74628DD66562@microsoft.com... >I have done everything that my ISP has suggested. I can send e-mail thru >my > web site but outlook will not accept / send mail Tools - Account Settings - select account and click Change - More Settings - Outgoing Server, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Log on to incoming mail s...

Form Error Msg
I have a two tables. One is the purchase order table the other is the purchase order detail table. I created two forms for each. I made the purchase order table the main and the detail form the subform. The forms are linked by POID and the master and child fields reflect this. When enter info into my purchase order main form, all is well. When I enter info into the detail subform it allows me to enter and then I get a error msg. "You can't assign a value to this object: 1) The object may be a control only in read on your form. 2) The object may be on a form that is ope...

User Access Error on Web page
After installatio Created user thru Deployment Manage Gave myself system administrator right (log on the server with administrator to do all of this on client pc, open browser http://<servername Encounter... User Access Erro The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator. Check on the server's active directory, have the MsCRM Role (System Administrat...

error message when receiving email
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Russell mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Russ asked: ...

Printer Error, Unknown Error
I'm using a STAR SP200 (SP242FC) with OPOS drivers. The printer works with the SMJ OPOS POSPrinter "CheckHealth" utility. I'm using that device name as the OPOS name in Store Operations Manager register configuration. When the POS tries to print a receipt, I get a Printer Error Unknown Error message. The cash drawer does pop open and the journal shows the receipt. If I use the Windows driver, the receipt printer will work (the receipt isn't formated correctly) but the cash drawer won't pop open until I close the POS program. I've un-installed/re-installed Store Op...

Error message opening a folder
OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Could Not Access the Specified Folder Location I've been receiving this error message when trying to open a sub-folder in Outlook 2002, and going to the KB it said there was a hot fix available for this error but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions? Per the KB article, you need to contact Microsoft PSS and request the Hotfix - there is no charge for hotfixes if you ONLY ask for the hotfix and don't append a "by the way, this has been happening as well." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Error message.
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'xlhhctrl_1.HHClick this error message comes up when trying to access How formulas calculate in the Help file of excel. How do I correct this problem? I searched google (for xlhhctrl_1) and found this thread: http://google.com/groups?threadm=174501c38748%24bb95d620%24a401280a%40phx.gbl Hal wrote: > > Object doesn't support this property or > method: 'xlhhctrl_1.HHClick this error message comes up > when trying to access How formulas calculate in the Help > file of excel. How do I correct this problem?...

Error 1706! AARGH!
I installed Publisher 2002 on my new Windows 2000 box... this was done while logged in as administrator (of course) Then when I switch over to the account I created for everyday use and tried to fire up publisher, it goes into a setup routine and then throws this error number in my face and says "Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see: G:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP." WHAT FILES, DAMMIT??? After clicking OK, Publisher starts up just fine. HOW do I ge...

Recurring Error
Hi all, Has anyone seen this error before: An error occurred on database "North America\Public Folder Store (EVS01)". Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate Error: 0x48a It's an Event ID 1025 from source MSExchangeIS Public Store. I have tried looking in the MS KB and doing google searchs. So far I haven't found anything helpful. If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the proper direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Tom ...

eConnect Incoming Errors
Hi I am trying to send a simple XML message into eConnect via MSMQ with the following contents:- <!-- Customer Create - no address record created --> <eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> <RMCustomerMasterType> <taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd> <CUSTNMBR>JEFF0002</CUSTNMBR> <CUSTNAME>JL Lawn Care Service</CUSTNAME> <STMTNAME>JL Lawn Care Service</STMTNAME> <SHRTNAME>JL Lawn Care</SHRTNAME> <ADRSCODE>PRIMARY</ADRSCODE> <ADDRESS1>123 Main Street</ADDRESS1...

Exchange Server 5.5 Information Store error
I have exchange 5.5 & having only online backup of Directory Database. I have installed the new Exchange Server 5.5 with the same old setting & restore the directory database on this Server. All the users are showing now, but Information Store service is not started and it gives error " Event ID: 7024 - The MS Exchange Information Store service terminated with Service Specific Error 4012". We have also run the ESEUTIL /D, but error is still the same. Pl. help us how to resolve this. -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-mail: ahmad.zahoory@gmail.com On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 03...

What does this macro error mean?
I just made a change to my database and now I am getting an error message when I open it. The message says: "The expression OnCurrent you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Return without GoSub." What does this message mean? If you're not sure what you changed, how are you planning to un-do the change? The error message suggests that you have a form that has an OnCurrent event. Can you find that one? The message also suggests that the code in that OnCurrent event has a <Return> statement, but nothing that called it in...

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files, etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help is appreciated. Backup error: Window...

Error "invalid use of null" when using the Upsizing Wizard
I am supporting a client who is attempting to use the Upsizing wizard. He gets the following error message: "Invalid use of Null" The "Invalid Use of Null" error occurs before the conversion begins. To check the base line data, I created a new Access database with one simple table. I still get the "Invalid Use of Null" before the conversion begins. My client is on a Windows XP machine with Access 2002. Any help would be greatly apprciated. Thanks "larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:28c1301c46425$7cfc3ed0...

Runtime Error 424
When the spreadsheet in local, on my HD, all is well. When I put the spreadsheet on the server, I get this error. Any ideas? It's driving me nuts. The ironic thing ... it use to work just fine. Thanks for your help!! Hi, Check for the properties or methods assigned to the file system object if you are using. For eg: you may be referencing the spreadsheet on your local machine with a caertain path which may not be valid on the server side. Check http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbenlr98/html/vamsgnotobject.asp for more information. Cheers, Rohan ...