Listing Last Name First in Select Names

How do I set Outlook 2002 so that when the "Select Names"
box comes up the email addresses are listed last name
first? My Contacts folder is listed that way but names
come up first name first in "Select Names".

Thanks.
0
bioflyer7 (2)

Tools->email accounts->Directories->View or Change.  Set the display order
from there.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bioflyer7@yahoo.com
asked:

| How do I set Outlook 2002 so that when the "Select Names"
| box comes up the email addresses are listed last name
| first? My Contacts folder is listed that way but names
| come up first name first in "Select Names".
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

display just the first element in a field on a form
I have a .csv file that I import. The first 8 lines have important information such as date, test parameters, etc. (1 parameter per line) The remaining lines consist of 4 parameters per line separated by a comma; easily read into Access. How can I display just the first element of "field1" on a form? I do not wish to change this value. I have tried a Text Box with the Control Source =[Imported_Table]![Field1].[column](1) only to get a #name? What is the simplest way to accomplish this? Thank you!!! On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:19:01 -0800, Rickm wrote: > I have a .csv file ...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

Multiple "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" in Folder List
I just installed Office XP on a new computer. I copied my old (Outlook 2000) outlook.pst file to logical drive E:. Somehow in my playing around with this I have ended up with three instances of "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" showing in the Folder List. The content of each is identical. I want to get rid of two instances of this and can't figure out how to do it. There is no "Delete" option when I right-click them and both the Close option and the Rename option are grayed out. I did try both a Repair and a Reinstall from the Office XP CD. No luck. Any help out there w...

My Documents in Folder List
I was wondering if there is a way to have a shortcut in the Folder List (perhaps under the Inbox folder) for My Documents on the file system. I am using Outlook 2000. TIA. -Steven- Beside the Folder list you can view the Outlook Bar (View | Outlook Bar) and you can drag the My Documents folder onto it. Just select the folder and drag it over onto the shortcut bar. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.a...

Exchange 2003
Hello, Is it possible to create UNIX style mailing list in Exchange 2003? The member of this mailing list may include emails from outside the organisation. Thanks Hadi It works great until a user sends from the internet - then usually only local users get the mail. I haven't found any docs on how to get it to work properly. As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

Select a worksheet
I'm using the below formula to determine the specific type of equipment from a list named: database =IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$2,"Desktop",IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$5,"Notebook","Error!!!!!!!")) value of X2 = DSK and value of X5 = NBK What I need help with is a way of using the value returned to automatically open the relevant worksheet, ie: If "Desktop" is returned the Desktop worksheet needs to open and if "Notebook" is returned the notebook worksheet needs to open automatically. All wo...

'The server name you entered can not be found on the network'
I am using OL2003 on an XP Pro machine (CA AV, LAN, Cable Modem, Router but no software Firewall). I occasionally get following the message when trying to send/receive mail from my ISP. 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network "Task _________ - Receiving reported error (0x80040900): The server you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please confirm you are online and that the server name is correct." At least this last time, we were able to ping the isp. What is the problem? Can someone help? Bob Your post indic...

How do I create rollovers for names in group photos?
I am using Front Page 2003 and wish to create tags for individual names in a group phot so when the mouse is moved over their image their name appears. Any help would be appreciated. Use hotspots in an image map. The image is the group photo. Create an image map, with every link going to javascript:; and give each hotspot area a title attribute. See http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/hotspot-titles.aspx -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "Jeff K" <Jeff K@...

Distribution Lists, How to Set up?
From time to time, I get messages from professional organizations and others that is clearly sent to a distribution list, but only my name appears in the To: field. Can I do something like that in Outlook? Checking the archives, I see that one recommendation is to put the DL in the BCC field. I just tried a test using that method. It does keep the dl addresses hidden, but it appears to put my email address in the To: field for all of the recipients. That is, I included several contacts in the dl and the email they all received had MY email address showing in the To: field. Is there some wa...

Sorting Folder List
I've added some personal folders and somewhere along the way, my folder were arranged alphabetically. I don't know if this is the default, bu I'm so used to my Inbox being on top, than when I browse to a differen folder, I find it difficult to find Inbox again, because it's in th middle of this list. I know this sounds minute, but it is reall annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to change the orde of the folders on the Folder List? Please let me know ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post...

Products from different price lists in one order?
Hi Why the system allows me to enter produts from other price lists into one order (quote, opportunity) when i have a specific price list attached to it? I dont really want products from a dealer's price list to be sold to individuals. Is there a way to restrict this? thank you If you want a "dealer's" price list then you have to set that price list and then link it into that product via the Product's "Price List Items" Otherwise it will price at the "Default Price List" Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm S...

How do I select which labels to print on the Avery sheet.
In Publisher 2003 can I select which lables to print on rather than produce a whole sheet of labels the same as you can in Word. Templates here. http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dennis the Menace" <Dennis the Menace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C13CE06A-2975-45DD-9BAF-7968860AB706@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003 can I select which lables to print on rather than produce a > whole sheet of labels the same...

How to alphabetize a column of names on Excel, Word
As in subject Look for Sort in the Help file -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "greenemick" <greenemick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1B22C5-FEF5-4335-B4BD-9589DD438E8F@microsoft.com... > As in subject ...

My last post in this forum
Over the past 6 years I have posted 2696 times. I have answered a few questions and asked a few myself. That’s it, it’s over. Best to jump before pushed. Microsoft has decided that “to improve the customer experience” they are going to close down this forum. Hmmmmm, nothing to do with cost then ? Oh well, I have found it to be true that it really is no use tilting at windmills. Not only has my English improved (I hope) by regularly typing away on this forum but also, by answering questions, I have also increased my knowledge due to having to find answer to problems t...

List Of Printers.
I have faced Strange problem in my application. I need to make over Print Parameters dialog by myself, actually it wasn't code writen by me, but still, I miss the point of it, and need Youre help: here is the code: DWORD Flags = PRINTER_ENUM_FAVORITE; //local printers DWORD cbBuf; DWORD pcReturned ; DWORD index; DWORD Level = 2; TCHAR Name[500] ; LPPRINTER_INFO_2 pPrinterEnum = NULL ; memset(Name, 0, sizeof(TCHAR) * 500) ; ::EnumPrinters(Flags, Name, Level, NULL, 0, &cbBuf, &pcReturned) ; pPrinterEnum = (LPPRINTER_INFO_2)LocalAlloc(LPTR, cbBuf + 4) ; ::EnumPri...

list choice depending on the value in another cell
I want to be able to change the list used in validaiton of a cell based the value in another cell. Scenario, user selects a value in column A using validation list, cloumn B has If formula, I need column C to present one of 3 lists based on result in column B. James, http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C48340-29D3-4A2A-A1BA-4E0F68C976A9@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to change the list used in validaiton of a cell based the > value in another cell. Scenario,...

Move row last on change of value
I have the following code Public val As String Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 3 And UCase(Target.Value) = "JA" And UCase(val) = "NEJ" Then Target.EntireRow.Cut Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveSheet.Paste End If End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) val = Target.Value End Sub If I change the value from NO to YES in a row in column C, I like the row ro be moved down below the other used rows in the sheet. It m...

Distribution list usage?
Are there any cool tools out there that can help me identify "stale" distribution lists? I know we have waaaaaaay too many lists but I have no way to truly identify which ones are being used. Anything like this exist? Thanks, Dan I've never come across any. Nue "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09840DF4-AE0D-46A0-8120-CB4C7343A067@microsoft.com... > Are there any cool tools out there that can help me identify "stale" > distribution lists? I know we have waaaaaaay too many lists but I have no > way to truly ident...

send /receive asks for user name and password
when I hit send/recieve it asks me to logon to pop server with user name and password all of a sudden. ...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

Call back function for a list control
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this group. I have good exposure in VC++ but never used Callback mechanism. I want to use callback function for a subclassed ListBoxcontrol when the user selects an item and how can this be achived through links and examples? Thanks in advance Kavitha hI guys, I know that this is a good newsgroup where newsbies like me can learn a lot from experienced professionals in this newsgroup but no response for my question yet. Is that this question has not been asked or is this a old question ? Can some one answer this please. thanks Kavitha kavitha_tongadi@hotma...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #2
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

why does excel ignore page formating after selecting rows to repe.
I have a Pivot table to which I wish to print excluding the "Page" items but include the Table headings. I have also set the document to print 1 page wide by up to 999 pages tall. It previews fine except for when I select the table headings (row $3$3) to be repeated at the top. After I make that selection, the preview shows all the data being printed on only 5 pages instead of 31. I don't know what I am missing to cause this unexpected result. ...

Translations of Function Names
Recently I found an internet site with Excel function names listed in many languages. I have lost the URL. Can anyone help? Thanks -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address Hi Bernard- Jan Karel Pieterse has a utility called xlMenuFunDict at http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Recently I found an internet site with Excel function names listed in many >languages. I have lost the URL. Can anyone help? Thanks > >-- >Bernard Liengme >www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme >remove CAPS in ...