Listing Attachments

I would like to be able to insert a list of the
attachments for an email, within the email body, so that a
recipient can be sure that they have received all
attachments.

This will also be of benefit, so i can print the email and
show a list of the attachments that I have sent.

I have seen this done with emails that have been sent to
me, but I cant find where to do this in Outlook.

Can you help?
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook does not have the ability to insert the names of attachments in all
message formats.  You will have to specify the mail message format prior to
sending in order for the recipients to be able to print the email and show
the attachment names.

Use Outlook Rich Text Format to print the attachment file name.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Barina asked:

| I would like to be able to insert a list of the
| attachments for an email, within the email body, so that a
| recipient can be sure that they have received all
| attachments.
|
| This will also be of benefit, so i can print the email and
| show a list of the attachments that I have sent.
|
| I have seen this done with emails that have been sent to
| me, but I cant find where to do this in Outlook.
|
| Can you help?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

extract all attachments
Hi I am looking for a freeware soltuion to extracting all attachements from outlook2003 and replacing with a link to the file. WoodyUK See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm and the code samples at: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=70 http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#StripAttachments -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "woodyuk" <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1108897893.566...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

attachments shown for all incoming mail
All of a sudden I am now showing all incoming mail with an attachment when there actually is none. Any ideas? ...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Attachment File Problem
hi my problem is , when i attachment any file to the new mail i can't attachment the file whyyyyyyyyyy i mean when we attachment any file to the mail must be automatic open new filed where it show us the attachnebt file ?????? but it's not happend in my system second problem when i recive any mail whit attachment file it gave me the message "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTSIN YOUR MAIL" HELP Pls. thank's You'll need to be a lot more specific if you expect anyone to know what you're talking about - exact error message is? Post it in t...

attachements
I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the capability to see attached pictures within the body of the message. Is there anyway to turn this back on so you don't have to physically open each attachement? No there isn't any way, Outlook will only show pictures that are embedded "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:128e101c3f620$1710f700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the > capability to see attached pictures within the body of > the message. Is there anyway to turn thi...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

User list
I'm wondering how to check the users on Exchange Server 2003, I tried it on E2k3 by [PS] W:\>Get-Mailbox -server Exchange2k3, and I got nothing in the list, but when I tried to remove Exchange Server 2003, I got an error, The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Any idea? Thanks. I followed the instruc...

How to remove locations from the drop-down list?
My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. How can I get rid of these false entries so that I don't always have to be super-cautious to pick the correct one? M. "Michael Moser" <michael.nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message news:DF17B5F2-DA57-48A7-B7DD-3B5A52F2A4E6@microsoft.com... > My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate > entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. > How ...

PDF attachments 06-21-10
I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my desktop then I can open it. Is that just the way it is? PDF attachments in OE6 used to work. I am running Vista. Help! Ed This fix only mentions Windows Mail but it should apply equally to Windows Live Mail : http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ed Ahern" wrote in message news:e33LaPOELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my ...

Retrieve blocked attachments?
I have Outlook 2002 and it keeps blocking attachments. The message size indicates that the file is there but how can I retrieve it? Where is the setting to turn this feature off? Thank yous It is a registry key setting; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "tiki2k" <tiki2k@home.not> wrote in message news:esLBUlSZEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2002 and it keeps blocking attac...

Distribution list #7
How do I load a distribution list into the address book under a single heading ...

Word document attachment can not be read
We are using Office XP SP3 and Exchange 2000 with SP3. Some of our users will send Word documents as attachments in an email from Outlook that when you open the attachment, word goes into file conversion because it can't read the document. Typically, they send it again and it opens fine. Sometimes it has taken two or three tries. It is random and inconsistent. I have not been able to duplicate it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. ...

How do I keep Outlook from downloading messages with attachments?
I use Outlook with dial-up and I'm trying to generate a rule that notifies me of large (>1MB) attachments before it begins downloading them. However, all rules by default seem to apply "after message arrives," i.e. when it's too late. Any suggestions? OL rules apply after download. Use web access for your ISP to view mail, or mailwasher eg Whether your ISP has any rules/options may be an option. "DRRALF" <DRRALF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40BA86BD-A57B-462B-894A-F460B4F15727@microsoft.com... > I use Outlook with dial-up and I&#...

edit a drop down list
Hello, I have 2 questions 1. for an existing drop down list, how can I add a new entry? That is, a list named "division" now contains 5 items, and I want to add a sixth. I've tried to highlight all 6 items and typing "division" into the name box, but that just jumps me to the original 5 names. I also tried highlighting the original 5 and deleting the "division" from the name box, but again no luck. 2. Can I enlarge the font on a drop down list, so it appears larger when the arrow is clicked? The font is very small at present. To change the name r...

Customer Mailing List
Whats the best way to output the customer mailing list so that it doesn't require the entire content to be reformatted before printing out mailing labels? If exporting to a word .doc it lumps everything up in one column. Is there a better way w/out having to virtually reformat/retype all of the customers? Thanx in advance! Rich Export as a CSV, then use Mail Merge to load the fields. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems You can use word mail merge to directly link to the database. No need to run a csv file. mt "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in mess...

multiple pick from drop-down list
Does anyone know how to setup a drop-down type (or other type) list where I could pick multiple selections from the list and have it populate each selection in a different cell? Thanks, John Drop-downs do not lend themselves to multiple selections (what should be shown in the text area when the drop-down is not dropped down? You would probably be best off using a ListBox (it supports multiple selections). Can you give a more detailed description of what you want to do? Rick "johnrb7865" <johnrb7865@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD85C389-6AFC-4BC1-9...

Blocked Attachments #18
One of my remote users sent me an Access Database to program some modifications to and send it back but Outlook is blocking the attachment. Is there a way to turn off the blocking for that user so I can save the database on my machine. Thanks Just get him to tename the file extension to something that isn't blocked! >-----Original Message----- >One of my remote users sent me an Access Database to >program some modifications to and send it back but Outlook >is blocking the attachment. Is there a way to turn off the >blocking for that user so I can save the databa...

Holiday listing
How do I get Publisher 2003 to automatically add major holidays to each month? ...

Recently used file list
Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased from the default of 9? Thanks Tools/Options/General allows you to change the recently viewed size, but is pretty clear that the maximum is 9. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased >from the default of 9? > >Thanks >. > In xl2k and xl2002 (not sure about xl97), when you do a file|open, you'll see a History button in the left hand frame. Maybe you could use that to see more. Maria wrote: > > Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased...

MS Exchange and Server 2003
Hey, At my company we run MS server 2003 and exchange 5.5. I want to send an email with an attachment to about 7500 users. we have IBM blade server with t1 connections. we have distribution list ready to go. What i want to know is that am i taking any chances in crashing the system. will this have any effect on the server. Thanks DJ ...