List of Differences Between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003

I need to spend 45 minutes introducing Outlook 2003 to my Outlook 2000
users.

Can anyone provide a site with a succinct list (screenshots would help)
of differences between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003?

Many thanks.

Tom

Are you looking for screenshots of Outlook 2003 or ones comparing OL2000 and
2003?

Wouldn't you be a more convincing teacher if used both and took the
screenshots yourself? This would help you learn and understand the products
better. (Vmware or virtual pc make this really easy and you could show them
the differences live. :))

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<thos_moran1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need to spend 45 minutes introducing Outlook 2003 to my Outlook 2000
> users.
>
> Can anyone provide a site with a succinct list (screenshots would help)
> of differences between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Tom

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/9/2005 3:39:42 PM
Diane,

Thanks a lot.  You are right.

I was actually hoping to get my arms around the differences before
building the presentation.  I will of course make my own screenshots of
exactly the information I'd like to present.  Screenshots of 03 or 00
and 03 together are fine.

I was hoping to get a list of about 10-12 major differences between the
two versions, as that is the topic of my presentation.

I took an intro course to OL2003.  Most students asked for such a list
and there was none available.  I am somewhat familiar with the main
differences, but was hoping for a "soup to nuts" list of changes from
which I could pick for elaboration.

For example in OL2003:

1. Reading Pane
2. Favorites and shortcuts in Mail Pane
3. Phone numbers listed when right clicking names

I was looking for this kind of information.

Thank you again.

Tom

thos_moran1@yahoo.com <thos_moran1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was actually hoping to get my arms around the differences before
> building the presentation.

The Office web site at Microsoft has some of that information.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Crash on 'Send"

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

Reminders in Outlook

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Addressing within Exchange 2003