Links open slowly in Outlook 2007 Professional

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this?  It takes
20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on it
within an email.  I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE the
default browser because I also have Firefox installed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
newtechie

0
newtechie1 (13)

What happens if you make FF the default?  Do the links still take ages to
load in FF or is it quicker?
--
TechieBird
http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com

"Newtechie" wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this?  It takes
> 20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on it
> within an email.  I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE the
> default browser because I also have Firefox installed.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> newtechie

0
TechieBird (23)
6/19/2007 11:36:00 AM
I haven't tried that but I will.  Will let you guys know this evening.

"TechieBird" <TechieBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> What happens if you make FF the default?  Do the links still take ages to
> load in FF or is it quicker?
> --
> TechieBird
> http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com
>

> "Newtechie" wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this?  It
>> takes
>> 20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on
>> it
>> within an email.  I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE
>> the
>> default browser because I also have Firefox installed.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> newtechie

0
newtechie1 (13)
6/19/2007 3:24:35 PM
Hi Techiebird,

The same thing occurs.  Any other suggestions?

Newtechie

"TechieBird" <TechieBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> What happens if you make FF the default?  Do the links still take ages to
> load in FF or is it quicker?
> --
> TechieBird
> http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com
>

> "Newtechie" wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this?  It
>> takes
>> 20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on
>> it
>> within an email.  I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE
>> the
>> default browser because I also have Firefox installed.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> newtechie

0
newtechie1 (13)
6/21/2007 10:46:43 PM
Any add-ins installed? Do you use a spybot program that loads the restricted
zone with domains? Do you use a Dell laptop with media direct?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi Techiebird,
>
> The same thing occurs.  Any other suggestions?
>
> Newtechie
>
> "TechieBird" <TechieBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What happens if you make FF the default?  Do the links still take ages to
>> load in FF or is it quicker?
>> --
>> TechieBird
>> http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com
>>

>> "Newtechie" wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this?  It
>>> takes
>>> 20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on
>>> it
>>> within an email.  I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE
>>> the
>>> default browser because I also have Firefox installed.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> newtechie

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/21/2007 10:59:21 PM
Hi Diane,

There is only one add-in I'm using which was added after the this started
happening.

I do use Spybot Search and Destroy but have not changed any of the default
settings so I'm not sure what you mean by loads the restricted zone with
domains.

This is not a Dell laptop.  This is a system I built myself.

newtechie

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> Any add-ins installed? Do you use a spybot program that loads the
> restricted zone with domains? Do you use a Dell laptop with media direct?
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Techiebird,
>>
>> The same thing occurs.  Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Newtechie
>>
>> "TechieBird" <TechieBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What happens if you make FF the default?  Do the links still take ages
>>> load in FF or is it quicker?
>>> --
>>> TechieBird
>>> http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com

0
newtechie1 (13)
6/22/2007 4:20:36 AM
go to IE's tools, internet options and look on the security tab - check the
number of domains in the restricted zone. That is generally the cause of the
problems as the security update reads the list with each keypress. Reset the
list and disable the option in spybot or switch to plain text email or use
word as the editor.

--

> Hi Diane,
>
> There is only one add-in I'm using which was added after the this started
> happening.
>
> I do use Spybot Search and Destroy but have not changed any of the default
> settings so I'm not sure what you mean by loads the restricted zone with
> domains.
>
> This is not a Dell laptop.  This is a system I built myself.
>
> newtechie
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Any add-ins installed? Do you use a spybot program that loads the
>> restricted zone with domains? Do you use a Dell laptop with media direct?
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Techiebird,
>>>
>>> The same thing occurs.  Any other suggestions?
>>>
>>> Newtechie
>>>
>>> "TechieBird" <TechieBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)