links in emails

When I try to open a link included in an email nothing
happens?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,

This problem can be caused by several different things.  Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all?  Can you use hyperlinks in other programs,
such as Word?

Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem.
177054.KB.EN-US
OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

You can access this article by clicking on the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054

257464.KB.EN-US
OL: Hyperlinks in an E-mail Message Do Not Work

You can access this article by clicking on the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;257464

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "kdt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "kdt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: links in emails
>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:05:15 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>When I try to open a link included in an email nothing
>happens?

0
scatki (156)

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

How do I link multiple excel documents?
I need to link three Excel Documents into a master document that will reflect the data inputted into the others. as of right now they are all one document but that allows only one person at a time to enter the data, we need to have multiple people entering the data. Let's try for the easy solution first... Are people entering data on different worksheets, which are then captured on a 'master' sheet via equations? If so, open the file (make a backup copy first!), click on one of the input sheet tabs and select Move or Copy, then move the sheet into a New Workbook. Save th...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

I can't send or receive email
I have a new computer with Windows XP & Microsoft Office for Small Business. I have never tried to use my email account until today. For security reasons, I first installed Norton Internet security. I then configured my email account. Everything seems to be working in the programs except for the fact that I can't send or receive email. Do you have any solutions? First disable Norton completely, and try a send/receive. Then get back to us. "Arnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067e01c3a5c2$78970ef0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...

Problems when person reply to my emails
When persons reply to my emails they are not delivered. The persons get an undelivery message Wayne What type of e-mail account is it? If it's pop3 then in Outlook make sure that in the account settings the e-mail address supplied there is correct. The e-mail supplied in that box could be anything, as long as it's valid, and this is the address the person will see and also reply to. If there is a spelling mistake in that then it won't be delivered Hope that makes some sense. Let us know how you get on Regards Ash. Hi - not enough info to go on. What kind of mail account? What...

Problems getting access to my emails
I am having trouble getting into my eamils, when I go to open or delete an email a meesage bar appears telling me that for my protection you sometimes ask to sign in again, when I click the link a message appears saying that the webpage you are trying to view is trying to close the window, wether I click yes or no nothing happens and I am still unable to access my emails. You need to ask your question at www.windowslivehelp.com . The group is for Windows Live Mail questions. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael Smith" <Michael Smith@discussions.micros...

Exchange 2003 not sending emails
Hello, What should I do about this error: a.. Numeric Code: 5.4.6 Possible Cause: A Categorizer forward loop was detected. The targetAddress attribute is set on a mailbox-enabled user. Hosting Pack: This is a common hosting configuration problem when someone creates a contact in organizational unit (OU) 1 and then creates a user in OU 2 that has the same e-mail address by using the user provisioning tool. Troubleshooting: a.. This issue occurs when contactA has an alternate recipient that points to contactB and contactB has an alternate recipient that points back to contactA. Check the ...

moving email to a new computer
anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on my laptop? the export command does not allow me to export to a disc. any other way to move old emails to my new computer? thanks. Copy your DBX file from your desktop to your laptop that should work.for your messages. -- Michael Rothermel {465165} "Lowell Goodman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05cd01c395d8$f0ee00b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express > 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on...

linked cell contents not autofitting row height
Why doesn't Excel 2002 autofit row height for text input from a linked cell? When the linked cell contents exceed the currently viewable contents of the recipient cell the row height is not adjusted. Is there a way to make the autofit work in these circumstances? Formulas don't change format and rowheight is a format. You could use a worksheet event that resets the rowheights whenever that worksheet recalculates. If you want to try this, rightclick on the worksheet tab, select view code and paste this into the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() ...

How do I set up a header in my emails that I use in publisher.
I like the "marker" format for all my business publications. I would like to permanetly export that look to my outlook express 6. But when I try to save an email from publisher as stationary it tells me it won't work because the email contains no background images. Help please ...

Authenticating email addresses
Hello, I recently installed Outlook Office over ME Outlook. Now when I try to send emails to various people, they are getting bounced back to me with the message that I need to "Authenticate their email address". Any suggestions on how to "authenticate someone's email address so it gets sent. Thanks What is the exact text of the message you're getting back? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Ken" <anonymous@disc...

My wife has a distribution list that no longer sends email out
Suddenly, emails to the members on the distribution list won't go out. None of the members receive emails sent with distribution list as recipient. All other emails go out fine. -- aag Distribution Lists are notoriously unreliable. Make it again, or use Categorising of Contacts as a more robust way to use Outlook. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "aag" <aag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00BBC9B-ECA8-426D-B501-12C409CA61AD@microsoft.com... > Suddenly, emails to the members on the distribution list won't go out. &...

Using OE as default email client for MS Word
I was running MS Word only, using Outlook Express as my email program. I installed MS Outlook, mainly to use the calendar feature. I set OE as my default email program (in IE Internet Options), but everytime I right-click on a Word document and use "Send To - Mail Recipient," it starts Outlook instead of Outlook Express. The main problem is that it doesn't give me the option of pulling from my OE Address Book. How can I resolve this? And please don't suggest that I use Outlook for email, although I know that is the overall best way. This computer is my dad's,...

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...