Links in email do not work

When I click on a link in an email I get the following message:
 "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.  Please contact your system administrator"
Can anyone tell me what settings need to be changed.  I am running Windows 7
and this popped up after having the computer shut down for the weekend.

See the following

 http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

--
Peter

"Motomo43" <Motomo43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on a link in an email I get the following message:
> "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.  Please contact your system administrator"
> Can anyone tell me what settings need to be changed.  I am running Windows 7
> and this popped up after having the computer shut down for the weekend.

0
Peter
11/17/2009 6:38:52 AM
Motomo43 wrote:

> operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

Um, so you're behind that China firewall that restricts access to
outside web sites so they can throttle information and control their
propaganda?  Guess you won't be able to reach Google to see those loads
of articles discussing the same old problem as you.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"operation+has+been+cancelled+due+to+restrictions"+"internet+explorer"+ie
0
VanguardLH

Linking An Image From My Hard Drive To My Signature Box?
How do I link an image from my hard drive to my Windows Live Mail signature box? In your explanation, please don't be vague. Offer step by step instructions & be sure not to forget special settings too. Thank you for taking the time out in your busy schedule to answer this post. Have a great day. "Lex Luthor" <LexLuthor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE0E434A-B29A-40FD-B016-1D8986133267@microsoft.com... How do I link an image from my hard drive to my Windows Live Mail signature box? In your explanation, please don't be vague. Offer ste...

"Microsoft Money has stopped working"
Whenever I try to open Microsoft Money Plus, I receive the message "Microsoft Money has stopped running" and the program immediately crashes. Here are the details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmoney.exe Application Version: 17.0.0.1414 Application Timestamp: 47b661e7 Fault Module Name: mnyob99.dll Fault Module Version: 17.0.0.1414 Fault Module Timestamp: 47b6614f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0026f659 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 6f51 Additional Information 2: c27f10fbe2c27f8f...

Junk Email Filter in OWA
Hello I am looking for a switch or option in OWA 2003 to disable or turn off the Junk Email filter for a users within my exchange site. I know how to shut it down individually but have been asked to disable it for our entire site. Any one know if such a switch exists or a way to acomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Mike Breen Hi Mike, What are you trying to achieve here? Remove the junk email folder or stop SPAM messages from being delivered there?. Do you also realize this folder is created also created when you have IMF on your Exchange server and clients co...

VC++
I have a class that keeps track of benchmarking timings. The class is not supposed to compile and link by itself (no main()). Instead, I intend to use it with other projects. How can I tell Visual Studio to compile, but not to link, this project? Also, suppose I have a program that computes prime numbers and I want to time it. The project is called "Prime". Am I allowed to "borrow" files from different projects (like my timing class Timer.cc)? I'd like to do it in such a way that if I ever update Timer.cc, all the projects that use Timer.cc will get updated copie...

A Static linked control problem
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with static-linked library in my MFC based project. The structure of the projects is like this: MainControl project contains MainControl.cpp and mainControl.h HeadApp.project contains all application files, and the AppDoc class here (created by MFC wizard) contains the MainControl object: CMainCtrl *m_control; It compiles fine intill I try to create the control on Runtime: m_control = new CMainCtrl(); Here I get an unresolved external symbol error, even if I write the exact path to the MainControl header file.. What's wrong? Thanks for your time.. ...

Macros don't work when file name changes
I created a workbook with many macros using the simple "record macro" tool. This fiel was saved in *.XLS format. It is intended to be a master fille and when you fill it out as a form you re-save it with a new name. the problem I am running into is that after I re-save it wit a new name the Macros won't work properly. I get an error message and when I click to run the debugger the macro lists the original workbook name. How do I fix this so that the macros work regardless of file name? Without seeing the code, my guess is that the macro recorder put explicit file...

Change the Default Working Folder
How do I change the "default working folder" in Publisher 2007? The default "default working folder" is My Documents and I would like to use a different one. You don't... Hopefully this will be addressed in a future service pack. You can place a default address in "My Places", it is an extra click. If you have Vista, drag the preferred folder to Favorite Links. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "garyf" <garyf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:720BFDD0-...

utlook 2003- Firefox/ IE stealing Window focus when clicking hyperlinks in emails
I am trying to figure out how to prevent Firefox and IE from stealing focus when I click a link in an Outlook 2003 email. I have seen various posts on how to use and NOT use the same Browser window when clicking links as well as the posts in the below link. I have seen People post about my issue but with no responses. Any ideas? thank you http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/search?group=microsoft.public.outlook&q=steal+focus&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group ...

Historic graphs don't work in Money 2006 Premium
I have been using Money 2006 Premium to track my stocks and mutual funds. Everything works fine except when I click on the little graph icon next to a mutual fund or stock in my portofolio, I get a screen but where the graph should be there is a blank square with a red "X" in the upper left conner. Since the graphs used to look like those you see on MSN's Web site when using IE7, I tried to view the same mutual fund graphs there and that works fine. So the problem is internal to Money. What can I do to get the graph function working again so I don't have to leave Mone...

Files with Links
Hi, I have a file which contains links to other workbooks. When I open it I get the message, "Do you wish to update links?" My answer will always be "no". Is there any way of stopping the message form appearing? (apart fro opening the file by a macro in a different file and settin updatelinks: = 0) Thanks for any help fre -- freekril ----------------------------------------------------------------------- freekrill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=756 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39082...

Email Archiving Best Practices
Can anyone recommend an Email Archiving Best Practices quide. We need to implement policy to control our every growing information stores. We want to creat policy for quotas, migrating email, retention etc. I am looking for a good resource document to jump start our effort. Thanks, Mike I'm not aware of any best practice because practices vary so greatly, with none being "best" because it depends on your own business requirements. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wr...

cannot send emails 04-26-10
I am using COX and Windows Mail and have followed all directions for changing the outgoing mail Server Port Number (SMTP) settings from 25 to 465, checking This server requires a secure connection (SSL)on the ADVANCED TAB and also checking "My server requires authentication" for the Outgoing Mail Server (and setting it up with "log in" supplying my user name and password on the SERVERS tab. Even so, I still get this error message when trying to send outgoing mail: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing 2', Account: 'Cox', ...

Email template not available for email entity?
When an email drops into a queue, we would like to use an HTML reply. The workflow email doesn't seem to support this when we try to paste HTML , and the template pull-down from the Actions -> Send Email does not display any templates, when an entity type of "Email" is selected in the Workflow Manager. What am I missing here? It would seem you would want to send an email in HTML format if for nothing other than to appear you came from this century. -- Bob Fletcher Hi All, As it turns out, this is s limitation of 3.0 according to MS Support. -- Bob Fletcher "B...

Complete an email
Once an email has been read and dealt with, how do I complete the email to remove it from my Activities list or my Queues list. I don't want to delete them. Thanks, Jerry Jerry, you can remove items from your queue by hitting the 'X' icon in the queue list view. This icon looks like a delete icon, but it doesn't actually delete the queued item, it just removes it from your list. (It's a really bad icon and took me a while to figure out what to do too!) Regards, -- Neil Benson Increase Ltd, UK "Jerry Haynes" wrote: > Once an email has been read and...

Outlook 2000 deleting email?
Environment - Exhange 5.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP6a. Client - W2000 SP3 w/ Outlook 2000 SR-1 Problem - This morning I noticed transaction logs piling up rapidly. I quickly figured the problem to be that one user was deleting his mailbox. His mailbox was roughly 1.5GB in size. However, when I called he said he was doing nothing. He had logged on to another computer and opened the Outlook 2000 client (Now he was logged on to two computers). Roughly the time he said he logged onto that other computer was when, I noticed the transaction logs piling up. His Deleted Items and Sent Items fold...

Delay in email opening
Ever since i downloaded the update for windows XP, it takes a while for emails to open about 15 seconds, whereas before it would be immediate, i have disabled the instant mesenger in Tools but nothing has changed, can someone please give some advice on this? ...

Linking Email Profile to GP10
I am not able to send any screen report to PDF. The option is there but nothing happens. I read another post here that may target the problem where a outlook profile has to be linked to GP 10. I dont think mine is linked because in the home console it doesnt show my messages or calandar etc... its just blank. How do I link email profiles to GP 10? I am hoping if this works then the email sending thing will be fixed. Raf UPC Raf, As I know no linking is required between GP and outlook, GP tries to open outlook and outlook will open the default profile. However, make sure that the ou...

Send email notification from workflow to other CRM 3.0 users
All CRM mail going out to contact's and accounts is working 100% now. Routing the emails back also works 100%. Can anybody tell if me, if one is creating an email with the workflow email and require to email a user's normal email account and obviously the CRM for notification and CRM workflow to other users My work > Assigned qeueu? Is this possible? Warren O ...

How do you link drop down lists in excel?
I have a drop down list that that I want to link each item to a another drop downlist. The items in the list are items that each have 3 different prices and I want to have those appear as a dropdown list when u select it. Check out this link to Debra Dalgleish's web page on the subject of dependent lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Angel aAlegria" <Angel aAlegria@discussions.micr...

CRM email from Outlook not sending
Hi, Using Outlook CRM email (from toolbar) and sending email to email address (not in CRM) will not send the email at all and not saved in CRM. Is it not possible to send email to eg employee which is not CRM user or some contact that you don't want to save in CRM and save this email and attach to some opportunity or account? Is the only way to do this by promote email from Sent Items ? Regards, SH The problem is that when the email is being created it is looking for a CRM record that it can be associated with. Basically, an activity can not exist independently within CRM, it needs ...

Balancing work expenses (reimbursable)
Question on correctly entering work expenses so they don't effect my spending by category. I have 3 transactions where I spent 100, 150, and 300 dollars for work expenses. I later received a reimbursement check from my employer for the total of all these transactions (550 dollars). The original transactions were charged to my credit card (I did not incur any interest charges). The reimbursement from my employer was sent to my checking account via direct deposit. I then paid off my credit card with a transfer from checking. How do I get this entered into Money so this doesn...

Variable Created For a Query Not Working
I create a variable in vb code. If I debug and print it it looks like so... "'HOLD' or 'HARD HOLD' or 'AUTOHD'" The code for creating it is sending it through a loop... strSQL = Chr(39) & varRet & Chr(39) & " or " and then strSQL = Chr(34) & Mid(strSQL, 1, Len(strSQL) - 4) & Chr(34) It does not come up with any results. However when I manually put in "HOLD" or "HARD HOLD" or "AUTOHD" the query runs. What am I doing wrong? -- M. Shipp because the query designer REWRITE your manual input to...

Copy and Paste crashing Outlook 2003 with Word Email Editor
When I copy and paste from IE 6 into a new email message with Word enabled as the email editor, the new message crashes. Anyone seen this? ...

Why when I use hide columns / rows the undo does not work.
When I put commands in the spreadsheet with the right click and view code, then following this, the undo command no longer works. However, after I remove the code it (the undo) works again. Can you explain? ===================================================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set TestCell = Range("AZ19") TestValue = "x" If TestCell = TestValue Then Range("A18:a20").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else Range("A18:a20").EntireRow.Hidden = False End If End Sub ===============================================...

Excel List of Email Addresses
Hi - I have a single-column list of about 200 email addresses for our club. I need to send a simple text email to all of them, using Outlook Express (1st choice) or Outlook. Is there an easy way to convert this list of addresses into a format that OE will recognize, without copying and pasting them individually? If not, any suggestions for a Plan B? Thanks very much for your help, Jenny. Hi Jenny, Ron de Bruin has sample code which you should be able to adapt to your needs: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Jenny" <jwilliams644@hotmail...