Linking reoccurring events

How do I, or can I, link reoccurring events so that others
events will post on another date based on a primary event;
such as this, if pay day is on the sept. 10th I want
transmission day to be 4 work days prior to pay day and
cut off day to be 6 work days prior to pay day.  Also I
need to be able to tell the system not to include weekends
and holidays in the day count. Can anyone help me?
0
anonymous (74722)

QueryTable Refresh Event Code
I created a external data table on a separate tab in the same workbook as the source data. I want the external data table to refresh whenever the source data is changed. The workbook event "Workbook_SheetChange" runs a procedure whenever any cells in the sheet is changed. So, I want to run a query table refresh method inside this event. Do I put the SheetChange event code in the source data object's class or in the query tables object class? Also, VBA help says that you have to initialize the query table as an object WithEvents first. This is confusing to me. Where...

Linking to workbook filename by cell contents
I'm linking to a sheet. My sheet has contents A1 as input. Let's say it's "John Smith" In my sheed I need something like this in other cells. ='K:\[??.xls]Client1'$E$8 where "??" is the contents of cell A1 in my sheet. I've messed with quoting and parens, concatenations but just can't noodle out the syntax. Many thanks in advance! Hi if the other file is not closed have a look at INDIRECT. If the other file is closed see: � http://tinyurl.com/2c62u -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jjs wrote: > I'm linking to ...

excel links #5
Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help me to kill these pesky links, please? Mike Sometimes the links are in Names in Insert>Name>Define. In addition.............. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default....

internet links wont open
I have windwos XP Home Edition. Have not installed SP1, running outlook express ver 6 heres my problem. I can not open any internet links sent to me in email. there still blue like they should be. but when I click on them single or double nothing happens. they dont open they just sit there... if I copy them to IE they work fine.. Help Me Please..... you can send me an email lrdnight@woh.rr.com Rick Night bashed at the keyboard and said : > I have windwos XP Home Edition. Have not installed SP1, > running outlook express ver 6 > heres my problem. > I can not open any inter...

Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch t
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again, and then load in the newly generated XLL library again... This is tedious... I am looking for a way to unload XLL (already loaded) from within EXCEL program... Any thoughts? (I find just close the currently active worksheet doesn't get the XLL unloaded...) ...

how to advance yearly age in a reoccurring birthdate in calendar
In Outlook 2003 calendar is it possible to add an age in the subject box and have that age advance yearly? "Copper Cooker" <Copper Cooker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C05E740-46AB-41A6-B8E0-523D5833BED8@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003 calendar is it possible to add an age in the subject box and > have that age advance yearly? See this: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/calcage.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Event ID 12800 #2
Hello all, I've a issue that's is taking my sleep. Since the last full backup I'm getting the event ids in my exchange server: *********************** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 12800 Date: 4/9/2006 Time: 14:10:31 User: N/A Computer: SERVER0 Description: Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000). For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ************************ followed by this below: ************************ Event T...

Dynamic charting problems (events)
I am in the process of implementing some dynamic charting and have run into some problems that I cannot see to get past. I was hoping someone else had seen this issue before. I have distilled my problem down to a simple example, though. Given the following sample sheet: Jan Feb Mar Gross 1 10 100 Cogs 2 20 200 Exp. 3 30 300 Misc 4 40 400 If I chart that sheet range and choose to PlotBy (Series in) rows (default), thus putting the row titles on the legend. The chart type doesn't matter too much, but for the sake of this exercise, I chose Clusterd Colum...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

PDK not linking to GP Employees
When trying to set up new users in PDK, no employees populate in the employee lookup. All employees are populated in GP. I have no idea why the employees do not display. Is there some sort of configuration I need to complete? Or setup that was required during install? On my test system, everything works fine. But in my live system, it doesn't work. I have reconciled the two & do not find any differences. Thanks ...

Great Plains needs a Scheduler for Check Links
Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly. It would be nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

how to link multilevel numbering to different style Word 2007
In Office 2007 I regularly switch languages (UK-Dutch) by using Multi Language Settings. When I (in "Dutch" mode) want to apply headings, in the Ribbon they are shown as "Kop 1", "Kop 2" etc. in stead of "Heading 1", "Heading 2" as they are shown in the UK setting. When I additionally want to apply outline numbering, this doesn't work properly. Only the (actual) paragraph assigned "Kop 1"-style to, loses its style and turns into standard formatting and is assigned 'ordinary numbers' to. None of the other &qu...

Event ID 9582 #5
Greetings, Last week I have installed 4GB of RAM on my Exchange server. I run Windows 2000 Server standard SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. Ever since I have added the new memory, I keep getting warnings about Event ID 9582 stating that Virtual Memory is fragmented in such a way that normal operations can fail. Restart all Exchange services Event type: Warning Event source: Microsoft Exchange IS Event category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended...

Macro not working when subform is linked to form
Hello, I know this has to be a really easy fix, but I've fought with it all morning and I just can't figure it out. I have a subform that has four fields (PRODUCT, AREA, SPACE, RACK). The rack and space are based on queries that use the area as the parameter, so that the rack and space choices change when the area changes. This all works just fine until I put the subform in a form that links the two by product. Then I get an error message that says I'm trying to apply a filter and haven't selected an object to apply it to. Can you help me with this??? Thanks! ...

Upgrade to Excel 03
I use a simple template in Excel for invoicing. I make an invoice and when I save the file, my clients name and the total of the invoice are then saved to another Excel file that tracks all my invoices for the year. I upgraded to Excel 03 and now it does not transfer the value in my invoices to the tracking sheet. When I open my invoice template I get a " Cannot open template wizard" error. It;'s been so long I don't remember how I set this system up in the first place. Can anyone help me fix this so it will work in 03? Thanks ...

ODBC network link?
Hello: Can anyone advise me whether Office/Entourage can be linked to a third=20 party DB (on a different machine) to use contact information from the = other=20 DB? I'm presently using a Mac G5, and will be getting Office X next week. = The=20 Mac is connected via ethernet cable to the simple network of two Windows = XP machines in my office. =20 I am still using a Windows based practice management app. which stores = all=20 of the contact information used in my office. On my PC, I have linked = MS=20 Outlook to share the main DB (Amicus Attorney) so that I only have to=20 maintain...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...

zeros on linked sheets
When I paste a row link from another sheet it puts "0" in all the empty cells is there a way to stop this and still have the cell update when I add information on the first sheet Many Thanks from Ohio Use a formula such as the following:- =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) Basically says that if the cell it is linked to is blank, then return a 'blank' (albeit not a real one - cell is not actually empty), else return the value that is in the cell. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro ...

change link properties in a cell
Hello, Our accounting software creates an excel report that contains a link to an image. (file://H:\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxxx.tif) for example. The problem is we want to replace the path to the image with something that will point to a folder on a dvd for example. We will not be able to control which drive letter the end user will use. My questions then; Is there a way to change the path in the link without interacting with each one? There are well over 1000 links in each spreadsheet. Is there a way to make the new path relative to the location of the spreadsheet file? Thanks so much, k Perha...

Form Event
On my Switchboard I have a Combo box. When you make a selection from the dropdown (combo31), the corresponding report will open. When you close the report, you are back to the Switchboard. What can I add to my Switchboard Form Events to have Combo31 show blank. I tried doing a combo31.requery, but it did not work. Suggestions? You mean you want to stop the combo box from showing a selected row? Me!Combo31 = Null -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Pas...

Mousedown event for listbox on userform disables multi select
Hi, I have a listbox on a userform with its property set to MultiselectExtended. I should therefore be able to select multiple items from the list with the Ctrl button pressed down. When the userform initiates, I ensure all items on the list are selected. However, I have added a mousedown event to the list, which deselects all items, so a custom selection can be made. The problem is, I can no longer select multiple items with the Ctrl button pressed (I can select multiple contingous items with the shift button pressed down). Any idea why this might be? Regards, JVLin ...

trying to link data between workbooks and worksheets
Below is what the Excel XP Help says about linking, and it makes no sense to me, nor does it work. How do I really link data between separate workbooks? What I want to do is see the same information in the Destination sheet as in the Source sheet, and keep the info current. Merely copying it won't keep it current. And how does Microsoft get by with writing such sloppy work? Create a link between cells in different workbooks 1.. Open both the workbook that will contain the link (called the destination workbook), and the workbook that contains the data you want to link to (called the s...

Ploting dates against a calendar and not as a simple events
Probably a simple solution....and staring me in the face. I have a table containing dates and values. The dates may progress but the day interval is variable depending when the values were recorded. I need to plot the values with the dates on the x axis. So far I can only get the graph to treat each date as an event, thus the true date interval is not reflected. This distorts the graph. How does one configure Excel to plot against a calendar interval on the x axis? Many thanks G I suspect you want to plot an XY Scatter chart. The dates need to be in a numeric format to do that. &qu...

"Locate Link Browser"
For the past couple of days, every time I click on an URL--the URL is launched in my default browser and I get a window with the title "Locate Link Browser" that has a default setting of an executable file. I don't think I've made any setting changes--but something is different. TIA it usually happens if you install firefox or another browser... the steps found at http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm should fix it regardless of the cause -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

Link Pay Codes in Class ID
I'm setting up Class IDs for a client and wanted to verify something I heard. I know that it is not recommended to link deductions and benefits in the Class ID but what about the Pay Codes? Will that also create some incompletes? Thanks - Teri I don't know why it's not recommended or who recommends against doing so, but I have advised clients of the opposite if it makes sense. My experience is that only pay codes have been assigned because those are generally oriented towards employee classes while deductions and benefits are voluntary. However, in some industries and fo...