link sent to user does not work

An e-mail with a link to a file on our file server does
not work.  The sender (a domain admin) pasted the address
into the e-mail (ex. <\\server\share\file>) but the
recipient was not able to click on it.  The recipient is a
domain admin with full rights to the folder where the file
is stored.  I had the sender resend the email to me and I
was able to click on the link and open the file.  Any help
would be appreciated.
0
mdoherty1 (2)

Let me preface that I have just joined this group, and am not near as
knowledgable about this stuff as others, but like taking stabs.

Is the recipient opening his mail in a plan text format? I believe you need
html, or at least rich text to get the links. Plan text would not house the
link.

Let me know if I am right or wrong, as I am sure someone else will!

Thanks
Maury
Wylie, TX

"mike" <mdoherty@athenahealth.com> wrote in message
> An e-mail with a link to a file on our file server does
> not work.  The sender (a domain admin) pasted the address
> into the e-mail (ex. <\\server\share\file>) but the
> recipient was not able to click on it.  The recipient is a
> domain admin with full rights to the folder where the file
> is stored.  I had the sender resend the email to me and I
> was able to click on the link and open the file.  Any help
> would be appreciated.

0
maury (6)

the Personalize Workplace link, has disappeared.
the Personalize Workplace link, Under Workplace, has disappeared. any ideas why, and how can i return it? I don't believe it's a permissions issue, since it happened to users with the system administrator's role, as well... Thanks in advance. Amit, So that I understand, you are referncing the personalize workplace link on the left hand side of work place. This picture might help: http://availabletech.net/docs/ng/PersonalizeWorkplaceLink.JPG I can tell you that there are no KBs about this. You may want to try rerunning the CRM install to correct and error that might have oc...

Replying to inbox msg
I have a friend who sent me an email that contains a known spammer's URL. My friend wanted to know if the email they rec'd was spam. When I replied that it was, my reply went into my "Sent Items" folder, but the addressee never got my reply. I tried forwarding it to my Yahoo ID and the same thing happened (it went into "Sent Items" again, but never got to my Yahoo inbox). To determine if this was a Windows Mail problem, I went to my Webmail (I'm using Comcast) and tried forwarding the same email (I leave all incoming emails on the server f...

open an email via a database link
I am using Access/Outlook 2003. I want to be able to capture metadata about emails received in a resource account. I can do this via a linked table in Access to the Inbox from Outlook. When the users are looking to see (via the Access database) what emails have come in and need to be responded to, I want them to be able to click on a link in the Access form that will show the information about the email, and have the specific Outlook email open. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

Workbooks.open is not working
Hi, can anyone open my eyes on this strange problem: I need to open a workbook on the fly to be able to read data from it via VBA. This piece of code is working while on a button called via click: Sub Schaltfl=E4che2_KlickenSieAuf() Workbooks.Open ("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name\Desktop \Prototyp fuer Michael\Test2.xlsm") End Sub This piece is NOT working in a VBA module called with the formula update in a cell : Public Function Dateiopen() Dim temp As Workbook Set temp =3D Workbooks.Open("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name \Desktop\...

Correct formulas in cells, have to retype to work
At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004. Formulas worked fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and called it 2005. Lately when we put numbers in the cells are not adding up. Example...cell reads =p64+s+64. So the formulas is correct but for some reason it is performing the way it should. If I re-enter the formula then it is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page. Any suggestions Is calculation set to manual? Try Tools / options / Calculation - change to automatic Does hitting F2 and then enter on any of these cells...

Why won't this 17 line program link?
My test program below compiles and links fine on my old Visual C++ 6.0, but doesn't work on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition I just installed. (I also installed SP1 for C++ 2005 and SDK) Here's the program: #include "stdafx.h" #include <windows.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void main() { char unibuf[] = "This is a test"; BOOL bResult; int lpTests; lpTests = (IS_TEXT_UNICODE_ODD_LENGTH | IS_TEXT_UNICODE_ILLEGAL_CHARS); bResult = IsTextUnicode( unibuf, 14, ...

Delete a benefit after it is set up and linked to payroll
Is there a way to break a link from the benefit to the deduction or benefit code in Dynamics? We have some codes that are Insurance, but should be miscellaneous types... thanks -- Doug ...

can't click links in outlook 2002 email
i get this message when i try to click a link: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. i'm the only user on this computer, and i just upgraded to office xp from office 2000. any help would be GRANDLY appreciated. ...

User cannot use OWA or IMAP
I have two users with identical names. They have different usernames however. (stuartp and stupearse). stuartp can access mail via both OWA and IMAP just fine. stupearse cannot. It appears that any new user is unable to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have recently taken over as IT Manager and I am lost as to what is wrong. OWA and IMAP is alledgedly enabled for these users in the User Properties dialogue. What is the error that is recieved. And can you just confirm whether it is infact all new users or just one of these identically named users. Ol...

Linking a defined named range to Word
My Excel and Word documents are linked. Whenever I change a cell in Excel (for example E4), its new value appears updated in my Word document. However, if I insert a row before row 4, the cell that is linked is still E4 and not E5. I want that E5 be the new cell linked. I'm thinking of using defined names instead of cells, the same way that I use when programming a function in VBA. But I have not still figured out how to do it. Can anybodu help? Your help is highly appreciated. ...

Excel file minimizes whan a linked file launched
I have an excel file with a number of linked files. Whenever a linked file is launched, the Excel file is minimized. It becomes a nuisance very quickly. Is there a way to stop it minimizing? Android. ...

Prevent Emails From Being Sent To Yourself
One of my collegues wants "to eliminate your own email address when hitting "reply all". i.e. there is no need to reply to yourself. This creates extra emails and is a hassle to go in and delete my contact info each time." I think this occurs when responding to a mail list you're part of. Not so sure how to solve this problem - perhaps creating a mail rule to block mail addressed to yourself. Sometimes you might might want to receive mail this way, I would think. Any assistance is appreciated. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/replytoall.asp -- Diane P...

Mouse in KVM stopped working
Hi: I've been using KVM, 'MiniView 4-port KVM' for about six months for four different PCs, but mostly I've been using only 2 PCs a day although I did hook it up with four PCs to KVM. This morning I found both 'mouse and keyboard' stopped working to all four PCs. Monitor/Screen is all OK, crisp and clear. Also, all connections are in perfect shape. When I turned on one of PCs, a buzzing noise. At first, the PC going bad? , .... but when I took off 'mouse' connected with KVM, noise ceased. Afterwards, both mouse and keyboard does not respon...

Last working day of month
Hello there, I'm using 2003. I know that you can use the fill series on dates to get every weekday, every 4th of the month, etc. However, I would like to be able to get a list of the dates for the last Friday of each month. Any ideas? Thanks in advance -- Hope this helps =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)+1-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)+2) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851A2BF7-6646-42E7-949D-97A54046F29C@microsoft.com......

How can I recover lost work in Office Publisher
How did you lose it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Penicuik" <Penicuik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AECD84EB-16ED-4C8A-9EFC-29042A2F09FC@microsoft.com... > Lost, as you didn't save it? Or lost because you can't open the publication? In Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address bar, look for any temp file with a pub prefix, change the .tmp to .pub. You may get lucky. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Any way to make query-based distribution lists work with older Outlook clients?
Hello, I need to create 3 query-based distribution lists (QBDL) which target: 1. all users in dept x = 300 addresses; 2. all users in dept x which are permanent employees = 200 addresses; 3. all users in dept x which are contractors = 100 addresses. The good news is that all this information is in AD (populated by MIIS). The bad news is that we still have some Outlook 2002 clients. Am I correct that Outlook 2002 clients don't even see QBDLs in the GAL? That's what my testing indicates. If so, can QBDLs be access in another way, e.g., by just sending a message to their...

Filtering no longer works post updates................
After installing Office 2003 SP1 [Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu] and the latest Outlook Junk E-Mail update [Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB870765)] my filtering no longer works even if redone. My ISP tags spam with -- Spam -- and I had a rule thought I remade it to try to get it to work that deleted all email with spam, Spam, and -- Spam -- in the subject line. I tired just spam, Spam, and -- Spam -- alone and that did not work either. All mail junk, not junk but new, and -- Spam -- go to junk email folder which is not how I want it or how it was working before. It w...

links and bookmarks not working properly for web visitors
I have created and published files to a shared directory, all the bookmarks and links work for me when I click on the published file. However other users have a different experience, they click on the link and get taken to the wrong location. I have noticed that my screen shows the results to the left of the screen and these users are seeing more centered and larger. I experimented with Display resolution but it did not resolve the problem. Does anyone know what setting controls this and is there any HTML code fragment I could add to the document to force everyone including mysel...

Whether or not Sent message has been viewed
Can you tell, in Outlook 2007, whether or not a 'Sent' message has been viewed by the party to whom it was sent? Not really. You can request read receipts, but the person needs to open the message or mark it read and then allow the receipt to be sent back to you so not getting a RR is no guarantee they didn't read it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Out...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Attachments from Netscape Users
I am using outlook while a number of colleagues use netscape. When they forward e-mails to me, I am able to view e-mails that have been 'forwarded in line', but when they send emails as 'forward as attachment' I see a file with no extension in the OL attachment window and get an error 'could not open one or more attachments - the object could not be found'. Any ideas on the problem or potential solution??? ...

Direct Link to CRM Case in Email Template
All, Is there any way to give a direct link to CRM Case in Email Template. looking forward to hearing from you all asap. Regards, SAB. ...

Hide and restrict rows for each user to view his own record only
Source worksheet [ID] [Name] [Date] [Attend Time] 123 MARY [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 ...................... =========================================================== A user receive this sheet and then he will input ID no. at a cell. [Input ID No.] (Remark: User Mary input...

reformatting hd How to save Outlook's inbox, sent items etc
I am going to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything. No problem backing up most of my files. But how can I save the contents of my MS OUTLOOK inbox, sent items, etc, so that I can look at it on the renewed system....or even a completely different pc? Thanks Tony See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm <tonyjeffs@tonyjeffs.com> wrote in message news:1157647794.059663.10230@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... >I am going to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything. > No problem backing up most of my files. > But how can I save ...

Unable to create user
Hi I have domain abc.com and exchange2000 is workking on this domain. i have put xyz.com in upn suffix and want to setup xyz.com on the same exchange box on which abc.com is there. Now when i want to create user for xyz.com which is already there in abc.com then it says user already exist Regards Abhishek. Hi, If that user account already exist and all you want to do is to add the xyz.com address just use the recipient policies to do this. There is no need to create a separate user. 319201 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?...