Line Spacing in OutlookXP

When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability to
change line spacing.  When I type a list it double spaces,
but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap.  I
cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single
spacing.  Outlook XP.
0
anonymous (74722)

I'm not sure if this is the best answer to your problem, but if you use
SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for a return, you should get a single
space instead of double.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:2f6801c428aa$a958ffb0$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Hal wrote:

> When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability to
> change line spacing.  When I type a list it double spaces,
> but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap.  I
> cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single
> spacing.  Outlook XP.

It would seem there is a setting somewhere that affects
this.  On some of our machines it is automatically at
single spacing for a list.  It is only on the machine I am
having trouble with that it defaults to double space for
lists.

answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:2f6801c428aa$a958ffb0$a501280a@phx.gbl,
>Hal wrote:
>
>> When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability
>> change line spacing.  When I type a list it double
spaces,
>> but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap.  I
>> cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single
>> spacing.  Outlook XP.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Delete filename with trailing space..
Help... How do I delete a file / folder in XP which has a trailing space...? regards jake On 26/01/2010 19:23, Jake wrote: > How do I delete a file / folder in XP which has a trailing space...? Hi Jake Put quotes around the file name. For example from a command line: C:\SOMEDIR>del "this is a file with a trailing space " or C:\>rmdir "this is a folder with a trailing space " Note the trailing space, in these commands :-) Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at optusnet dot com dot au "Jake" <jake44...

Tab spacing in formula...
I have a sheet that pulls info from several other fields to create a text string. The problem is that I need all of the values from my other cells to be a tab space apart. Right now they are separated by several spaces, but it is throwing off my numbers. example, what I have: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 example, what I need: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 Franky 4.05.07 3 I imagine you have a formula like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 so you are putting a fixed number of...

How to change order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in Excel 2007 chart
What is the procedure for changing the order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in an Excel 2007 chart? I would like the chart;s drop lines to remain active, but appear "sent to the back" behind the plotted data. I attempted to help myself by searching extensively, but I was unable to find the solution. I think it may require a VBA entry, but, if so, I will require assistance. Are the references below pointing me in the right direction? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb210119.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb216878.aspx http://m...

insert fold lines
I wish to add fold lines in the margin of a letter to help with folding so the address appears in the window of the envelope. See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm#Window_Envelopes, which is concerned mainly with getting the address to print in the proper location to show in the window. While you're following those steps, measure the distances from the top of the paper to the folds. In the Word template, use the line drawing tool to place a line in the margins at those positions. The most precise way to place the line is to insert it close to where it belo...

New line in a cell
During writing text in a cell, I would like to make new line instead of continuing writing. For example, a new paragraph. Can anyone help? Abe Use <Alt><Enter>. You may have to drag the column wider to get the proper length of the line. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Abe" <Abe@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:A670ADE7-A526-415F-AAC1-7806836E9EA7@microsoft.com... > During writing text in a cell, I would like to make new line instead of > continuing writing. For example, a new paragraph. > > Can ...

How number every line with a sequental number in Publisher?
I was wondering if there was a way to number every line on the page in Publisher? Including blank lines. Thanks. Copy all, paste into Word. Only way I know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Skyflyer" <Skyflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C2A7784-8A31-49AC-B84D-5ECA5CF7E057@microsoft.com... >I was wondering if there was a way to number every line on the page in > Publisher? > Including blank lines. > Thanks. ...

Horizontal Lines In 2000
Hi Wonder if you can help me. I set up a worksheet. When I print it, the lines for each row do not print. Is their any way (simple) to print the horizontal lines??? Maven In XP - menu options : File Page Setup Sheet Print Gridlines Don't remember exactly how it was in 2000, but very similar -- / Sean the Mc / "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) "maven" <paulboca@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:JZgOc.4653$yV.1806@bignews5.bellsouth.net... > Hi >...

some emails not opening, subject line only, not message
Got about twenty emails today. 15 of them opened just fine, but there are 5 of them that only show subject line and not the actual message content. Can't seem to find anything in the help files about this. Would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks, Bill Are you sure there is content in them beyond the subject line? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Adding a custom line to the header outlook 2003
Is there a way to add a custom header in outlook 2003? I would like to put in a tag so that when another program reads my mail if it sees the tag it will be able to be routed in a specific way. You will need to use Extended MAPI/CDO 1.21/Redemption to add a special named property. See http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/faq.htm#14 Note that you can add any header, not just the From and Sender headers. Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool "jojo" <jojo@dontreply.com> wrote in message news:uB3w9qOAGHA.1028@T...

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

MS Access Rpt how do you close up a line when the field is empty
In an Access report ... I want to close up the 2nd line in the report for my [Address 2] field when it is blank so there is no space left between Line 1 ... [Address 1] and Line 3 ... [City, St Zip Code] How do I accomplish that? Thanks! Set the Can Shrink property of the textbox containing [Address 2] to Yes. Also set the Can Shrink property of the report section containing the controls to Yes. This will only work if there are no other controls occupying the same vertical space in that section of the report. HTH, Rob "tcrank" <tcrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Scroll bar space
Hi all I have several tabs each with one subform displayed. I have coded the current event of each form to only display the vertical scroll bar if the record count > 19. This works as desired, except it leaves space for the scroll bar when one isn't displayed, making the right hand side of the form look slightly untidy. Is there any way to get round this please? Thanks in advance for any help. Sue You could resize the subform control (decrease or increase its width) when you hide or show the scroll bar. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Ins...

'Automatic' change to Line Chart from XY Scatter Chart
Hello, I've been working with (x,y) data which is typically ordered in groups, but the groups are unordered (e.g. points 50->100 then points 151->101 then points 49->1). I add the appropriate index (x-value) and then re-order the data based on that index. The index is a distance (in metres) and the points are about 1 metre apart (but not exactly 1 m). There are typically 3 or 4 series of data on the graph. Before I re-order the data, I graph the data with an XY-scatter chart and it usually* works fine. After I re-order the data based on the index, it magically becomes a line...

Dynamic Database Has No Space Available
I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last service pack. The problem I'm having is my space available on the Dynamic Database say 0.00mb when i look in Enterprise Manager. How can I increase the space available? The Hard Drive has 90gb of free space available. Thanks in advance, Hi Kevin, Go to the Database properties in SQL Server then change the file-growth details to automatic and do not set a maximum size. Cheers, Vincent vong@scituscorp.com "Kevin" wrote: > I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last ...

Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced
Please and Thank you! Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced with out deleting each row individually? If your layout is like this row with data empty row and so on where the empty rows are truly empty there is an easy fix select the column, press F5, click special, select blanks and click OK, press Ctrl and - (ctrl and minus/hyphen), select entire row and press enter of click OK, done -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FE374FB-7677-49B4-A4C9-CD6A345AAB8D@microsoft.com... > Please and Thank you! > &g...

M2K5 Small Business Invoice Word Wrapping & Spacing Woes
Has anyone figured out a way to make the line-spacing go from "double" to "single" when the description wording wraps to another line? I tend to be overly wordy (have to be in my line of business) when it comes to the "description" and the longer the description, the larger the gap is between line items. In other owrds, if my description is one line, the next line item is on the next line (the way it should be). If my description is 5 lines in length, the product automatically adds another 5 "blank" lines (a gap) before the next line item. Talk about ...

HELP! -- stupid ? -- Changing line end
How come I can't change the line ends when I'm drawing a ERD? I tried right clicking on the line -->format -->Line then changing the ends but on the file it's not changed and when I go into format again it's back to default. Can someone help me? I'm using Visio 2002 standard Thank you Ice The line-ends have meaning to the model in your diagram, so the arrows change to reflect different settings of the actual model objects. Ie: Visio assumes you're building something real and following the rules, not just making a sketch. If you ARE just making a sketch, yo...

how to make line jumps
I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the line jump function work. Help!! On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:21:14 -0700, Bilbao <Bilbao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select >connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the >line jump function work. Help!! menu File -> Page Setup -> Layout and Routing Note that this only works for true connectors. Try it on a si...

simple line graph
I am a church consultant, and I want to make a simple line graph to paste into my Powerpoint presentation, showing the rise and fall of our membership numbers, from nothing up to 11 million, and then down to 7 million. I don't know how to do that. Tom in Texas Why not just create the chart in PowerPoint? It uses the same tools, as does Excel. You don't give enough info regarding the data to be plotted for any specific direction, but if you have a look at either Word or PPT Help on the topic: Create a chart you shouldn't have any problem. HTH |:>) Bob Jones ...

Outlook2002
Can I format Outlook2002's email so that every time I click on Send, the new email page opens with a specific text in the Subject line? I want to set up all the computers in my office so that every time a member of staff sends an email, the company's name appears first in the subject line. This way, even if the recepient doesn't recognize the sender's name, they will see what company it's coming from and won't delete it as a spam! Many thanks. DM ...

Line number indicator
How can I add a indicator beside a document editor to show line number for each line? -- maggie zhang Tools->Options->Text Editor->(Select Language) Check the option to Display line numbers. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC54418B-4EFA-481E-A22E-6B90E241934C@microsoft.com... > How can I add a indicator beside a document editor to show line number for > each line? >...

Contract lines - number of items
Hello, I'm new to MS CRM. I have setup contract and contract lines on a time-based allotment. Normally the contracts run for a year, and are billed each month. My question is do I: - Enter the full years minutes in the time allotment or can I (preferred): - Enter only 1 monthy minutes in the time allotment, but enter 12 in the Quantity. My objective is to reset the allotment each month. TIA Tony ...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Line graphs
Has anyone tried to get Money2006 to display a line chart showing amounts paid to a particular payee for the past 12 months? All I can get it to do is show a list of the transactions. Even when I go into the report options and click line chart option nothing changes. I have the same problem with Money 2003. Guess I'm one step closer to moving to Quicken 2006. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:33:02 -0700, GlennR <GlennR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone tried to get Money2006 to display a line chart showing amounts >paid to a particular payee for the past 12 months? All...