Line spacing an email in Outlook 2007

Hi,

I have read a lot of the posted discussions regarding line spacing in an
email, however, I'd like to get confrimation on this, if possible.

When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007, (Vista
operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already checked
the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure spacing is
set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his message is
set to single.

From what I've been reading, it seems the only solution is to use "Exactly"
a specified point size to correct this.

Is this the only solution? Why would this be happening?

He used the same font in Outlook 2003, running Windows XP, and did not have
this problem.

Tammy (89)

"Tammy" wrote in message

> When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007,
> (Vista
> operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already
> checked
> the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure
> spacing is
> set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his
> message is
> set to single.

If you are using Word as the e-mail editor (which I hear is the only
editor available in OL2007), the extra spacing you see between "lines"
is actually the spacing between paragraphs.  You will need to adjust the
paragraph style to affect the spacing between paragraphs (hence your
question is on how to use Word and that's a different newsgroup).

> He used the same font in Outlook 2003, running Windows XP, and did not
> have
> this problem.

Did he have OL2003 configured to NOT use Word as the new-mail editor and
instead use the one embedded into OL2003?

0
vanguard.x (49)
7/26/2007 8:11:51 PM
We made sure the spacing between paragraphs in Word was also changed. We
checked the spacing before and after, which is 0; and the line spacing is set
to single in Word. Both Outlook and Word have the exact same settings. [0 for
before and after; and single for line spacing.]

Our only fix, so far, is to use "exactly" - but this had to be changed for
new messages and for replies.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Tammy" wrote in message
> >
> > When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007,
> > (Vista
> > operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already
> > checked
> > the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure
> > spacing is
> > set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his
> > message is
> > set to single.
>
> If you are using Word as the e-mail editor (which I hear is the only
> editor available in OL2007), the extra spacing you see between "lines"
> is actually the spacing between paragraphs.  You will need to adjust the
> paragraph style to affect the spacing between paragraphs (hence your
> question is on how to use Word and that's a different newsgroup).
>
> > He used the same font in Outlook 2003, running Windows XP, and did not
> > have
> > this problem.
>
> Did he have OL2003 configured to NOT use Word as the new-mail editor and
> instead use the one embedded into OL2003?

0
Tammy (89)

Email Prompt
We would like to set up a prompt on Outlook whenever we create a new message or reply/forward a message. The reminder will be a short sentance to remind the sender to comply with internal security measures. We have very high security measures in place already, but we understand that employees still send sensitive material via email without taking the relevant steps - we hope this prompt would solve the issue without buying in a new system? See the ItemSent event. There use the MsgBox function to prompt the user. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Categor...

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2