License information

Hi!

How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In
help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name
in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change
that but i dont know how.

// Jarno
0
anonymous (74722)

Jarno <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In
> help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name
> in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change
> that but i dont know how.

That information gets written when you install the software.  If you have a
legal copy, then why did you enter someone else's name when you installed
it?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/6/2004 3:28:57 PM
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jarno <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In
> > help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name
> > in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change
> > that but i dont know how.
>
> That information gets written when you install the software.  If you have a
> legal copy, then why did you enter someone else's name when you installed
> it?
> --
> Brian Tillman

There is a new user for that computer. The person who installed it wrote the
users name on the license information, not the company information so now the
new user complains and wants it changed.

// Jarno
0
Jarno (1)
10/12/2004 2:01:09 PM
Jarno <Jarno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> There is a new user for that computer. The person who installed it
> wrote the users name on the license information, not the company
> information so now the new user complains and wants it changed.

Possibly in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserD
ata\S-1-5-18\Products\90400E0900063D11C8EF10054038389C\InstallProperties\Reg
Owner

Personally, I'd just search the Registry for the bad name and change all
keys containing it to reflect the new name.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Defragment drive containing information store
Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:17:00 -0800, QMMAdmin <QMMAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? Its ok with the Exch Services stopped, but probably not necessary. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/10/25/247342.aspx "Do we need to file-level defragment Exchange database drives? " ...

license
Greetings. I need to include license capabilities into my application. In addition, need to implement (or use) some sort of license manager. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance John There are number of open source components around that handle licensing, I'd suggest a google search. The one thing that won't work is trying to invent your own. joe On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:50:31 -0500, John Mosso <alexander.mosso@nekotectelecom.com> wrote: >Greetings. >I need to include license capabilities into my application. >In addition, need to implement (or use) some sort of li...

Licensing of XP
If I bought a Dell Computer with XP pre installed (got the disk anyway) and that machine is dead, can I install this XP in a new HP machine purchased recently? "Chente" <Chente@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E100C8-66CE-4F65-A6CA-98EDA5D57163@microsoft.com... > If I bought a Dell Computer with XP pre installed (got the disk anyway) > and > that machine is dead, can I install this XP in a new HP machine purchased > recently? Sorry, you can't. OEM licences are married to the machine on which the product was installed. Divorc...

ERROR: Insufficient Key Column Information for Updating or Refresh
Encounter this problem when i wanted to change the price or cost of an item. Anyone encountered this problem? NEED HELP on this ASAP!! THANKS Run a Reindex on your database, do a backup of your database before. Rob "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDBAB258-F6B0-4342-8AEC-4454035323C1@microsoft.com... > Encounter this problem when i wanted to change the price or cost of an > item. > Anyone encountered this problem? > NEED HELP on this ASAP!! > THANKS ...

How to setup formula to collect ongoing information
I have setup a questionnaire which will continuously have an answer section added to it. I am setting up a formula to count the yes and no answers. How would I set a formula up to count all the ongoing answers? Example would be =COUNTA(B6:G6) but then I add another two column of answers and need the formula to now read =COUNTA (B6:I6). Do I need to keep adding a new formula? Thank you. Hi, easiest way is using 'dynamic ranges' (http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic) HTH -- Pecoflyer Cheers -------------------------------------------------------------------...

combining row information
I'm having an issue with an easy way to combine row information. Belo is an example of the both the data and what I would like as an en result. The spreadsheet I have contains over 37000 lines. column a column b column c column d 1234 glove ea 04661 1234 glove ea 01661 1234 glove ea 06661 1235 mask ea 04661 1235 mask ea 01661 The output I would like would be column a column b column c column d column e colum...

Do you have enough setup information?
Because everyone's business is different, the Great Plains program is highly customizable; you have a lot of configuration options. Does the Great Plains Help documentation provide you with enough information to know how to set up the program before you enter your first transaction? You can reply to this message, or click the link below to type your comments on the Microsoft® Business Solutions–Great Plains® User Assistance Team documentation survey site. http://weblogs.asp.net/bizdoc/archive/2004/11/12/256684.aspx -Ryan -- This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Information Rights Management?
Hi, We are currently running Office 2003 Standard and I have been asked to look into Information Rights Management (IRM). Been doing some reading on line and just have a couple questions. If there is a more appropriate forum for these questions please let me know. 1.) I believe that IRM is only available in Office 2003 Pro, does that mean if you have Office 2003 Standard you can't view IRM protected documents? What about Office 2007? 2.) I found where it says you have to have a server running the Rights Management Service to use IRM with 2003, is this true of 2007 al...

why is extra information page being printed in Word
Every time I print a document in Word 2003 I first get an informational page printed that lists some details of the file history and number of characters, etc. This just popped up several days ago, and in my 15 years of using Office products I have never seen or heard of such a thing. My real question is "How do I get rid of this feature?". Thanks! Tools, Options, Print tab, uncheck the Document Properties box in the Include with document section. Hope this helps DeanH "bigbaka" wrote: > Every time I print a document in Word 2003 I first get a...

Get cd Informations?
Hello to everyone. I just want to know if on an normal empty disc, some informations are available like, for example, an ID that the manufacturer writes into a disc, or an other kind of identifier that makes that disc "unique" for that CD-manufacturer. Does someone knows if these informations are available in a normal empt disc, and also how to get them? Thanks to everyone for the help, -- Antonio ...

Unable to display window along top of screen for entering information.
I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for editing and entry of text information into a cell. Can't get it back no matter how hard I try. Even tried reinstalling Office. Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- View|Formula bar ??? Don J wrote: > > I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window > comes up without the narrow window along th...

Licenses
We are a none profit organization with Publisher 2002. We need to know how to get a license to install this program on more than 2 computers. Tom wrote: > We are a none profit organization with Publisher 2002. We > need to know how to get a license to install this program > on more than 2 computers. Unless one of the systems you've installed it on is a laptop you're already in violation of the EULA - if you wish to install it on more than one system of the same type you are required to purchase a second licence (which, incidentally, is only �10 less than buying another ret...

Security Information
Im running MSGP 7.5 - Is there anywhere that i can download or view a list of security settings that relate to one another. The reason i ask is that i am trying to allow a user to POST an "Inventory Batch Entry". I have set this specific user permission and this doesnot allow the process to complete warning him that he does not have the security permissions to complete this task. I am aware that i can grant ALL access as recommended by my software partner but this defeats the object of having security in the first place. I could then go through each and every item and disallo...

Information about version 1.3
Hi all I am curruntly running a version 1.2 But I want to upgrade with version 1.3 and I only have one station and I dont have Maintenance Plan. Who can sell me version 1.3 ? Any certified RMS Partner can sell you the Maintenance which will then entitle you to the 1.3R. You may have to sign a change of Partner request if you do not purchase it from the Partner you originally bought RMS from. Maintenance is 18% of the software cost. Rob "Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE78DFDE-6218-420B-B86F-F47E12F663A5@microsoft.com... > Hi all > ...

Problem with outlook 2003 stop information store in exchange 5.5 s
In my scenario my mail server is exchange 5.5 server enterprise...Two weeks ago all my clients was outlook 2000 , but we have been migrating to outlook 2003.The issue starts after the change.....several clients stop working and in my exchange server 5.5 the information store service stop with a Dr Watson popup.The problem is just the same as the exposed in KB834466 .... Any idea to solve this issue?? Anyone with the same problem??? thanks.... There is a known issue with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 5.5. You must have 818709 installed or you will crash your store. Installing this hotf...

Add a license
Hi. We just bought 5 new licenses for Great Plains. How do we add the licenses to Great Plains? On the Server? Where? And do we have to do anything on the client side? GP 9.0. Thank you With your purchase you should have received new registration keys for GP. To enter them you need to go to Tools > Setup > System > Registration. You can log in as any user, as long as they have the security permissions to access that screen. Also, doesn't matter if you do this on the server or a client - the new registration keys will update the database. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MV...

Licensing #7
To set up OWA with front-end and back-end servers, one in DMZ and one in internal network, does each install require unique Exchange license? two servers, two licenses. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C6398FE-92DD-4218-9D2A-2AAAE62324A2@microsoft.com... > To set up OWA with front-end and back-end servers, one in DMZ and one in > internal network, does each install require unique Exchange license? ...

Transferring Win2k3 License
Hi, We bought Win2k3 Server 2 years ago to upgrade our old Win2k Server. However, we would like to buy a new Server and we would like to know if it is possible to transfer the Win2k3 License from the old Server to the new one. Please advise, Garu On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:15:03 +0800, "Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote: >Hi, > >We bought Win2k3 Server 2 years ago to upgrade our old Win2k Server. >However, we would like to buy a new Server and we would like to know if it >is possible to transfer the Win2k3 License from the old Server to the n...

what type of information we can enter into spreadsheet cells?
Nina wrote: <nothing> Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE for your detailed question. You can enter ANYTHING you like in a cell...... Is this a homework question possibly? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

Unable to open information store after SP2
After installing XP PRO SP2, the 2002 Outlook client is unable to open the information store on the server (nt 4.0). I removed SP2 but to no avail. Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution? Thanks, ...

MSExchangeIS 6.4417 is out of licenses
Hello, I received the message listed in the Subject of this post in a Win2003 SBS Performance Report. The report said to use Licensing from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased. When I open Licensing, it tells me I have 3 more Installed licenses than the Maximum usage. Am I really out of licenses for MSExchangeIS 6.4417? Thanks for your help, TFISHER Hello, Just bumping this back to the top. Hoping for some guidance. Thanks, TFISHER "tlf" wrote: > Hello, > > I rec...

Exchange Client licensing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C65729.B38129E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Wondering how to get a license key for outlook 2003. I bought exchange = 2003 over a year ago, with 60 CAL's. When I purchased Exchange, I was = specifically told that by purchasing the 60 CAL's I am also purchasing = 60 licenses for Outlook 2003. I had obtained a Product key a while ago, = and inserted it into an .MST file for deploying outlook more easily. For = some reason, the original code d...

Licensing 08-20-07
Is anyone familiar with the European licensing model. We have a partner in Italy who just implemented CRM and they indicated their licensing is based on concurrent users, not named. If this is the case, why the difference here in the U.S.? -- Dave Stonesifer see Microsoft CRM Partner site or contact your Germany office for licensing. It is base on user not name base. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Dave" wrote: > Is anyone familiar with the European ...

Adding the same information to multiple contacts
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to add the same information to multiple contacts at the same time. I want to add to a selection of contacts if they were present or absent at a seminar, so the secretary can send them a letter. I have looked but can't find this feature. Now she has to fill in the field contact for contact ... and that's not a nice thing to do ;). Can somebody tell me if there is a solution? Thanks ... "MattijsW" <MattijsW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369BAB32-FC8C-40B9-8AD9-F09A4DAA63A4@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Dual licenses in Office 2008 screw things up