LDAP Error in Outlook 2003

I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send
an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)".  I can
eventually send the email, but I get that message several times.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

0
spam-me (6)

You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when
you open the Address Book in Outlook:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836205&Product=out2003

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dan asked:

| I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try
| to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server
| (81)".  I can eventually send the email, but I get that message
| several times.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/14/2004 7:20:08 AM
Thank you.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:uwMJFtimEHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message
> when
> you open the Address Book in Outlook:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836205&Product=out2003
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dan asked:
>
> | I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try
> | to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server
> | (81)".  I can eventually send the email, but I get that message
> | several times.

0
spam-me (6)

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Outlook Sales

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Error 550 Relaying denied

cannot open hyper links in outlook