Layout on Replying to a message..

When "replying" to an email received the layout seems to be
"stretched". By this I mean that the line spacing seems extremely
large! I am composing in HTML, and although the reply text is at the
correct font size, The line spacing appears to be very large. Any help,
Greatly appreciated..

deleting messages #7
Outlook automatically sends messages from several senders that I would like to recieve to my deleted messages folder. How do I stop this from happening? I cannot find a list of those who are being deleted except to go directly to deleted messages. Is there a way to trun off these messages from being deleted automatically? The junk mail wizard is no help and does not list these senders. Help? ...

Extraction of messages from Outlook 97 .pst archive file
Dear friends, No matter how strange or unbelievable it may seem to you, I have been using Microsoft Office 97 since the day it was released and for 13 years until now. It worked fine both on my old computer running Windows 95 OSR 2 as well as on my new computer running Windows XP Professional SP3. However, a few days ago, I formatted my hard disk, installed Windows XP Professional SP3 from scratch and instead of the outdated Office 97, I downloaded and installed Microsoft Office 2010 Beta which works fine. The problem now is that I have an Outlook 97 archive Message.pst file...

Contact Error Message
Good Morning... Often times when I am trying to save an email address I know to be accurate to my Contacts, I get an alert that says "The contact information could not be saved. Check the contact's information and try again." There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this happens (no consistent type of address, etc.). Can anyone suggest why and more importantly, tell me how to fix it. Thank you! Could you elaborate on the method being used to 'save' an email address ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "MichelleB" <MichelleB@discus...

Message unavailable
Why do I get message unavailable on my repy to a posted query on this site Brian, I think the servers on the Microsoft CDO interface are having problems as many people have said the same thing. If you are using Outlook Express or another newsreader, the messages are all there, but according to CDO, most are not there. So hopefully they will come back soon. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1476e01c3f8a6$64f31e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get message unavai...

Error message 7465 doesn't exist message
When I try to delete a user in GP 9.0 I get a popup with this message in it: Error message 7465 doesn't exist Can anyone tell me what that is supposed to mean? ...

Message box in a formula
hi i really need some help i need to create a formula or macro that looks at a cell and if it contains summin (e.g. the text 're-order') it displays a message box that says do you want to blah blah blah with options yes or no , no doing nothing yes linking to a macro/or another sheet etc. I can't find how to do this. can you have a message box in a formula and if not could this be done using a macro. it needs to be done automaticly so whenever text enters that cell it needs to realise straight away, not after manually clicking a macro button. can anybody help? would be s...

How to connect to Message Store in Exchange 2007
Hi How do we connect to Exchange server 2007 message store in C++. Can we use MAPI?. If not how do we connect Thanks Ravi You can still write C++ applications and use MAPI. However to do so you will need to first install the standalone MAPI/CDO component on the exchange 2007 server. http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/06/19/636996.aspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7B4EC2-D43E-4909-9557-DE5185D04D58...

Outlook 2000
Is there a way to send an email and disable the recipients' ability to reply? Thank you. Create a custom message form to use by following these steps: Create a new message. Select the TOOLS menu Select FORMS Select DESIGN THIS FORM to put the message into design view. Select the ACTIONS tab. Double-click the REPLY action to display the Form Action Properties dialog box. Clear the Enabled check box, then click OK. Double-click the REPLY TO ALL action to display the Form Action Properties dialog box. Clear the Enabled check box, then click OK. Select TOOLS from the men...

error message when backing up
I am currently running Money 2003. When I close Money and try to do a back up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed. I am running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator. I get the error message no matter what. I can back up to the hard disk. Any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, LAnne wrote: >I am currently running Money 2003. When I close Money and try to do a back >up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed. I am >running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator. I get ...

deleting messages using M drive
Does anyone know if it is safe to delete individual messages by going into the M drive and deleting messages like you would delete files in a directory? Thanks, Mario Using the M:\ drive to do anything other than view the data is not suggested. If there is another way to delete the specific items, I would suggest you use it instead of the M:\ drive. This is why in Exchange 2003 we have removed the M:\ drive mapping. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Solution for changing default message view in Outlook 2003
I saw a bunch of people asking about this and, like others, found that using "Define Views" wasn't being applied to all folders. As near as I can tell if you go into "define views" and change a view by name (not current view), Outlook still applies the changes to the current view if the current view is set to the one you're trying to modify. So to change the default "messages" view on all folders, start Outlook with the "/cleanviews" option to clear things out. Click your inbox, and change it's view to "Messages with Preview" (Vi...

Signature not in message when using scan to email
Hi everyone! We're using Outlook 2007. When we use the "scan to email" function on our network printer, it brings up a new message in Outlook with the scanned image attached which is great, but the message does not have the default signature in it. When we try to add a signature it does not include the company jpeg and the font is changed to an old school computer font. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! -- fuzeillear See the answer you got in outlook.general For future reference; next time crosspost instead of multipost. This means that you'l...

Replying to HTML e-mail yet exclude images
Hello, I'm a relatively new Outlook 2003 user, and I have Internet image downloads (in HTML e-mails) turned off. The problem I am encountering occurs when I attempt to reply to one of these e-mails: After hitting Reply, Outlook pops up a notice that it must download the image to include it in the reply e-mail. Is there a way to disable this? If I didn't want the image downloaded when I was viewing the e-mail, I also don't want to download it simply to reply to the message. I have my default compose type set to 'text', but this apparently has no impact on replies. A...

Messages not getting through
I've been a user of the microsoft community for several years and have enjoyed the assistance in these pages. However, in the last few weeks, my posts haven't been making it to the Discussion Group pages. I get no error message and I am logged in. I post my question as I have done in the past and it appears to accept it. Then when I search for it after posting (even days later) it does not appear to exist and I receive no replys to my post. What could be wrong? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters ...

auto reply messaging
how do I set-up an auto reply message when I'm out of the office? If you are in an Exchange environment (ask your administrator if you do notknow) you can set the Out of the Office Assistant which is located under Tools. If you are not in an Exchange environment you can create a rule that replies on all e-mails. The downside of this is that you'll have to have your Outlook open all the time for the rules to process. Make sure you set some exceptions (for instance based on the subject field so it will not reply on subject with e.g. reply, failed, undeliverable, etc...) otherwhise you...

0x80004005 error message
I am using Windows Vista with Windows Mail and logged in this morning and clicked send/receive and it came up with this message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Chris @ Home', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 How can I get rid of it? I have uninstalled Nortons Internet Security and it still happens. Please help. Thanks The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message structure on the server. In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in. Then cl...

Office 2007 intalled but get error message when accessing applicat
Hi, I have Office Professional installed on my laptop but every time I try to run any office application I get the following error message. "Microsoft Office <Program Name> Has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" I am the only user and I have re-installed the program but I still get the same error message when trying to use Word or Excel. Any idea's? Ray Woods ...

Error Message 07-08-10
What does this mean? Account: 'coolaccess.net', Server: 'pop.coolaccess.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 It probably means that the mail server received a command from your Windows Mail that it does not understand or support. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. The other possibility is that your antivirus is interfering with Wind...

rule with auto reply works incomplete
Hi NG, I use OL 2003 and have some rules that worked with OL 2002 (XP) before. They do this: - Move incoming email to a folder, depending on content. - Send an auto replay on this email from a template (.oft file). The rules worked with OL 2002 and I guess they did with OL 2003 before. Now Emails are moved to the correct folder, marked as answered, but none of the senders receives a reply. Of course I tried stuff like re-establishing the rule, preparing a new ..oft file etc. I don't use exchange. Any ideas very welcome. Is there a switch, registry entry, stopped service or anything el...

"This message has not been sent" message when sending email in Out
In Outlook 2007, when sending an email, i get the message "This message has not been sent". But there is no message in the Outbox, and the recipient says they received the email. What gives? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

create drop down list error message in a form
I need to create an error message when a ID# is not found in a drop down list on a form. Any suggestions on how I begin ? At this time when an ID is not found it brings up the 1st record in the form and not nessessarily a match. ...

Message Filtering in IMS connector in Exchange 5.5
Dear experts! I have a question regarding IMS connector in Exchange 5.5 What will happen if I enter several domains to the Properties->Connections->Message Filtering? I suppose that adding, for example, mmm.com will not block emails from dd.mmm.com etc? Also, I suppose that this Message Filtering is only blocking mail from the Internet, not from internal organization? Thank you in advance! WBR. @domain.com blocks the domain and all of its sub-domains, whilst *@domain.com or *@sub.domain.com would only block that particular domain or sub-domain. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For...

Phantom messages being sent to Interrupt OUT on a specific USB HID
I am using an Ellisys USB Tracker, and the tool is showing that there is a stream of messages being sent to endpoint 2 on my HID device, regularly once per second. My application that uses the device is not running - in fact, I've re-booted XP and the only thing running is Ellisys Visual USB. With the HID device plugged into that machine I see these 31-byte messages (in hex): 55 53 42 43 B0 EA D8 8A 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 ... all rest are zeros With other HID devices plugged in I don't see the traffic, it's only with this specific device PID (more than one instance o...

sending unknown messages???
When I open outlook, it goes through the send/receive process and is sending multiple messages without anything in my outbox??? I have updated my virus software... detects nothing. used antivirus.com as well to do an on line virus search... still detects nothing??? Sound familiar?... please help. Why do you think you're sending messages? Are you receiving receipts from people saying that they have blocked your message because it contained...? There are a lot of worms out now that "spoof" the senders email address. It would appear to come from you but actually it is the ...

auto-reply #6
Hi. I need an account with auto-replies. I have an Exchange 2003 Server. I know the Out-of-office in the Outlook. At this time, when someone sends an e-mail to myaccount@mydomain.com, then that someone gets a message from myaccount, an auto-reply. This auto-reply has a subject an a text like "we are processing your message, we will contact you as soon as possible, thanks". But this auto-reply doesn't have the text sent by that someone. I need to paste the original message sent by that someone in the auto-reply. How can I get to put the original text in the auto-reply? ...