Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately

Hi

I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to
access it, I need to first launch Outlook.
Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without
launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine.

I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro.

Thanks

0
aJax

I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"aJax" <chill_out4evr"canthespam"@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to
> access it, I need to first launch Outlook.
> Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without
> launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine.
>
> I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro.
>
> Thanks

0
mvp1 (459)

How to use Hotmail with Oulook?
I have managed to check my hotmail email with outlook. I was wondering if there was any way to make hotmail the default, so that I dont have to navigate to the hotmail folder? Can I use outlook's default inbox as the place where all my hotmail will go to? "J. Peterman" <justoNOSPAM316@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgvbp1$d3c$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au > I have managed to check my hotmail email with outlook. > I was wondering if there was any way to make hotmail the default, so > that I dont have to navigate to the hotmail folder? Can I use > outlook's defaul...

Managing multiple Pop3 email accounts using Oulook
Does anybody have any luck here. I have 2 Pop3 accounts, I am capable of successfully retreiving mail from both accounts. However if I attempt to reply to an email it uses the deafult email address for the default Pop3 server to go outbound. So the Pop 3 server sees my outgoing addess incorrectly and I get an undelevable message Rcpthost error. I am at a loss any ideas on a successful way to manage multiple POP 3 accounts? Thanks, Usually, outbound mail uses an SMTP server, not a POP3 server. For example, my inbound is pop.earthlink.net and my outbound is smtpauth.earthlink.net. Mak...

Import from Outlook Express
I've been using Outlook Express and would like to switch back to using Outlook 2000. I didn't see a choice to import from Outlook Express. Is there an easy way to import mail folders, contacts, etc. from Outlook Express into Outlook 2000? Thanks. File/Import and export/Import Internet mail and addresses - then select Outlook Express as the source ... >-----Original Message----- >I've been using Outlook Express and would like to switch >back to using Outlook 2000. I didn't see a choice to >import from Outlook Express. Is there an easy way to >impor...

Export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-18-10
Sorry but somehow I couldn't add this to the original thread of the Post I sent earlier this month. My friend wanted to Export emails from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook Express Anyway although this is no longer a problem as my friend finally found another way to do this I am curious as to why her AppData did not appear. I passed on the instructions to her and also tested it out myself on W7 WLM and it worked for me. However when she started to go through the procedure she found out where her Store folder was located and when she tried to navigate to her Store folder s...

outlook express locks up
when clicking on hyperlinks within e-mail, not only does hyperlink not open up in a new window but outlook express must be shut down and reopened to read and send e-mails. Any ideas? I have scanned for viruses and told I have none....thanks. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.i...

why doesnt MSWord attachments dont launch sometimes from Outlook 2
MS Word doesnt launch sometimes (often. It will lauch if i close outlook and restart - goes back to original mode after that). All other attachments launch correctly.... Any ideas on what maybe wrong? I would start by making sure all updates are done on your Windows and Office. Then do a detect and repair on both your Word and Outlook. May also consider reinstalling Office to resolve the issue. Also make sure that Word documents (attachments) are associated with the Word program. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "aw" <aw@discussions....

Outlook Express error
I have been recieving the following error every time is try to send any messages. Can anyone help me get in the right direction. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'MDU Wiring', Server: 'smtp.mduwiring.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...

Outlook Express Troubleshooting
Hi, Recently I joined a Help Desk job. The job involves providing support to Outlook Mail Client for their ISP users. Is there any good book dedicated to Outlook Troubleshooting?. Thanks in advance Joseph "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4a4101c3e423$a3ee7d50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Recently I joined a Help Desk job. The job involves > providing support to Outlook Mail Client for their ISP > users. Is there any good book dedicated to Outlook > Troubleshooting?. > > Thanks in advance > > Joseph Well ...

Outlook Express #24
Outlook express is blocking my .JPG file attachments on received email ...

Express 'Shared Contacts' in Address Bk
My Windows XP was reinstalled and then when the Express address bk was imported, the 'Shared Contacts' are not visable. File of size of the .WAB indicates that they are contained there, but just not displayed in the address bk Probably some to do with 'Identities' and so the access allowed for given Identities... Suggestions please? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x m...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

XP/Windows 7 dual boot (separate drives, XP primary)
I have here a desktop with two sata drives. The first one (C:) has XP and the second (D:) Windows 7. If both drives are connected to the machine, it will boot XP; to boot Windows 7 I have to remove the XP drive which is a bit of a drag. So, I would like to be able to select which OS the machine will boot from. Searching online I find tons of examples of setting a machine whose primary (for a lack of a better word) OS is Windows 7 to dual boot with XP, which is exactly the opposite of what I want to do. Short of installing grub, is there a windows way to do this? I was also told that...

Outlook Express Handy Feature missing in Outlook
I decided today to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. On OE, someone set up for me a pulldown menu on the From field of my email messages. I can send business messges from my business email adress, and personal messages from my personal email address. Basically, I have three email accounts (2 personal, 1 business) set up on OE, each with a different name and email address. I can't figure out how to do the same setup on Express. Nor can I recall precisely how I got set up this way on OE. MS Help is no help. Help! What version of Outlook are you using? Steve D wrote: >...

Filter Master Worksheet and Populate Separate Worksheets
I have a master spreadsheet with contains employee detail by department. How can I filter this list by department and place a list for each department in a separate worksheet? Hi Alex Code example http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm This add-in have this option also http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "alex richardson" <alex.richardson@adelphia.com> wrote in message news:174101c4aa24$de6f09a0$3501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a master spreadsheet with contains employee detail > by department. How can I filter thi...

Splitting 1 cell w/2 words into 2 separate cells
Hey everyone! I have a listing of fantasy football players listed as (Firstname Lastname) in one cell. How can I split them up, so the first name is in one cell, and the last name in another? I need this so I can then sort by last name. Thank you! Gary Gary, Select the column, then use Data - Text to columns. Specify a space as the delimiter. Ensure that the next column is currently empty first. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gary Hopkins" <garyh@somewhereoutthere.com> wrote in message news:41...

Outlook Express/Microsoft Office 2007
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 and now my Outlook Express is proofread by a French dictionary. How can I fix this? On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:19:36 -0500, "Alton" <aspradlin@cox.net> wrote: >I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 and now my Outlook Express is >proofread by a French dictionary. How can I fix this? > Please repost this question in an Outlook Express forum. This forum is for the database software Microsoft Access, not for general Office questions. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Can you explain what you mean? &...

Outlook Express 6 #3
I can't reply to an e-mail. It comes up with a message 'recipient was rejected by the server - error 550'. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks Daniel ...

Oulook and Outlook Express email goes to either
I want my email to be opened in Outlook (2000) rather than in Outlook Express. I think what is happening is that if I (or my secretary) happens to open Outlook Express before opening Outlook, then the email is delivered to the OL Express program. Is there more to this than just which program is opened first? How can I transfer the messages received in Outlook Express over to Outlook? Some of the messages are Net Folders Updates for our shared Calendar. Outlook doesn't show receipt of those messages, and OL Express is showing them as unopened emails to me. I will open these m...

Can Outlook Express do Automatic Mail Checks?
(Sorry, I know this is an Outlook group, but other groups are very much less active.) Don't seem to find any way to do this. Help very much appreciated. Frank Have you tried the msnews.microsoft.com.microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress? Very busy group -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "frank1492" <frank1492@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:anso21p3rnqi469m7hh7c8q56ptugihh7k@4ax.com... > (Sorry, I know this is an Outlook group, but other > groups are very much less active.) > > Don't seem to ...

problems authenticating yahoo pop3 via outlook express
Hi, I'm trying to get outlook express to read my yahoo e-mail. I've subscribed to the Mail Plus to use their POP 3 service and followed the setup directions provided by yahoo, validating and revalidating the login/password many times. I keep getting this error: There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Numb...

Error Importing Msg to OL Express
hi all, i had copied messages (*.dbx) files to a CD now after reinstallation am trying to import the same back to outlook express 6 but am getting the following error ________________ No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Plese select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. ________________ Pls help i am in a mess... Thx, Niraj ...

Outlook Express Not Printing My Messages
My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to print my messages, > I get > an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this > page." > Line: 2021 > Char: 1 > Error: Unspecified error > Code: 0 > URL: res://ieframe.dll/previes.dlg > ================================== > Can anyone help me with this problem? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of = them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news = gr...

outlook 2007 and BCM and SQL Express
outlook 2007 and Business Contact Manager with SQL Express Hello *.*, I have a question regarding BCM and SQL express configuration I am using the SQL Server Configuration Manager I have a single PC with XP Pro and its JUST ME.. I have a question regading the Log on log on as... right now I have the current user which is me and I do have admin rights, and if I should ENABLE = SQL browser and TCP and NAME PIPES. I just enabled SQL browse and my system seems allot faster on reboot. there is an error though in event viewer saying something about tcp thank you! Gold Coaster ...

outlook express works outlook 2002 does not
Can anyone help me, I have been using outlook express to send and receive e-mail with no problems however I have just loaded a new version of outlook 2002 and can receive e-mail no probs but cannot send, I have checked my settings and they are the same for both outlook and outlook express, this is driving me mad can anyone help or make some suggestions.cheers Andrew United Kingdom What error do you get when you are trying to send? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 --...

Outlook Express Message Archiving
I am trying to move emails from a laptop that is running outlook express from office 97 and put them onto my new laptop that is running outlook 6. I can't see how to copy the messages and save them to save them onto floppy to move them across, can anyone help? Martin ...