Large unsendable unremovable message

I tried to send an e-mail message with attachments that
came to 10MB in size.  The problem is that I use the free
version of Hotmail that only gives me 2MB total space.
The message is now stuck in limbo in Outlook 2003. It
will not send, and I cannot delete the message.  It does
not leave my Outbox.  Every time that I start Outlook the
program tries to send this giant e-mail message, yet
can't accomplish the task due to the 2MB Hotmail limit.
What can I do??????????
0
anonymous (74722)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to send an e-mail message with attachments that
> came to 10MB in size.  The problem is that I use the free
> version of Hotmail that only gives me 2MB total space.
> The message is now stuck in limbo in Outlook 2003. It
> will not send, and I cannot delete the message.  It does
> not leave my Outbox.  Every time that I start Outlook the
> program tries to send this giant e-mail message, yet
> can't accomplish the task due to the 2MB Hotmail limit.
> What can I do??????????

0
dianenws (1904)
10/8/2004 3:00:56 AM
Highlight the email.  Pick it up and move it to your inbox or drafts folder.
Open the email.  Delete the attachments one by one.  Delete the email.
Simple.

You may have to temporarily cut your phone connection to enable this.

--
D G STEEL

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to send an e-mail message with attachments that
> came to 10MB in size.  The problem is that I use the free
> version of Hotmail that only gives me 2MB total space.
> The message is now stuck in limbo in Outlook 2003. It
> will not send, and I cannot delete the message.  It does
> not leave my Outbox.  Every time that I start Outlook the
> program tries to send this giant e-mail message, yet
> can't accomplish the task due to the 2MB Hotmail limit.
> What can I do??????????

0
david6512 (2)
10/9/2004 8:05:17 AM
Why delete the attachments from instead of just deleting the email with the
attachments on it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"David Steel" <david@steel3435.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Highlight the email.  Pick it up and move it to your inbox or drafts
> folder. Open the email.  Delete the attachments one by one.  Delete the
> email. Simple.
>
> You may have to temporarily cut your phone connection to enable this.
>
> --
> D G STEEL
>
> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I tried to send an e-mail message with attachments that
>> came to 10MB in size.  The problem is that I use the free
>> version of Hotmail that only gives me 2MB total space.
>> The message is now stuck in limbo in Outlook 2003. It
>> will not send, and I cannot delete the message.  It does
>> not leave my Outbox.  Every time that I start Outlook the
>> program tries to send this giant e-mail message, yet
>> can't accomplish the task due to the 2MB Hotmail limit.
>> What can I do??????????

0
dianenws (1904)

SMTP Messages Stop in Categorizer
Exchange 2003 Standard on Server 2003 1 org, mixed mode with exchange 5.5 SP4 on 2000 server SP4 Recently we have been having problems with both Internal and External messages getting stuck in the SMTP Categorizer on exch 2003. Some messages come through with no problem and other wont leave the Categorizer until you reboot the server. The SMTP service Hangs when I try and Just Stop it. Aslo tried to stop the IIS admin but the World Wide Publhishing service Hangs on stopping. Only way is to reboot the server. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chad Actually, yes. Are you running any...

message size #5
All of the sudden my users are getting the following message when they send attachments larger than 10 mb. sending in Global settings - Message Delivery - Default Sending messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 30000 Receiving messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 30000 and all my user under Exchange General - Delivery Restrictions Sending messages size check in Use default limit Receiving messages size check in Use default limit then I tried to change the user (on a couple of users) settings to Sending messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 500000 Receiving messages size check in Maximum ...

Outlook Message Inline Text
I have Outlook 2002 and need to know if I can change my received message format to inline text. Right now I have e-mails that have been forwarded multiple times as attachments instead of inline text but I can't synchronize it with my Pocket PC because of this. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Benny ...

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

Queue message problem
Hello, We have a Ex2k/Win2k advanced member server that had some serious problems starting Sat. morning. SMTP, POP, IMAP, www, MS Route Engine all stopped and seemed to start back up and then stop again at various intervals, eventually just stopping completely rendering the mail down. A reboot had the same problems occur. When I removed the messages that were in the queue(c:\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\queue) and then manually started the services all was well. I would like to copy back some of those messages into the queue to see if they process or cause the same problem again. Once I copy ...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

Create New Message Using Print Layout
I would like to draft new messages using "print layout" from the view menu. What I would really like to do is make that my default. Is there a way I can make "print layout" the default view when generating new messages? TIA Jerry What version of Outlook/Office and are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jerry asked: | I would like to draft new messages using "...

How to Block and reply to message with NO SUBJECT in OL2000?
Can someone provide me with the code to paste into ThisOutlookSession that will allow me to delete mail with No Subject in Outlook 2000 AND will automatically send a reply to the originator. I use rules to autoreply to FW:, etc with boiler plate e-mail, but the rules in Outlook 2000 don't apply to NO SUBJECT. I'm not a VBA programmer, but can do a jam-up job of cut and paste. Thanks, Jake "Jake" <jclngvl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:879563d9.0411201624.716617cf@posting.google.com... > Can someone provide me with the code to paste into ThisOutlookSession &...

Why does searching for message takes so long
Ah.. I remember the time I could search 20.000+ message (fulltext) in Eudora in about a 10 second, faster if the mailboxes have been indexed before. Since then I have a much faster computer, and still.. if I try took search my Inbox folder (hardly 5.000 messages) it takes HOOOUUUURS (well, not really, but a few MINUTES at least) to search this folder completely. Why is this? Why can't Microsoft find a message as quickly as Eudora could (still CAN btw, I still use Eudora 5.2 for personal mails) and is there a way to fasten it, is there a third party tool, etc.. I really hope someone can ...

SMTP Message Queue full. Help!
Exchange2k3 SBS. No email was going in or out so I took a look at the queues in system manager. I found a whole bunch of emails that were stuck and appeared to be coming from the postmaster account. Is my server a victim of being a spam relay? When I run relay tests it says that my server is not a relay. How do I get rid of all these bogus queues? I know I can delete the messages but its the queues I want to remove. the queues cannot be deleted. those queues are created on demand based on the email destination. What you need to do is to find out what is causing those mails and solve th...

unknown error message
what does this message mean and how do i correct it. 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) ...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

messages send out with delay
at one client outlook sends out some messages with exact 2 hours delay. it doesn't matter how I change the message options outlook always enables the checkbox. outlook 2003 exchange server 5.5 any idea? it only happens at one station. all others work properly. thanks for your help! what check box is enabled? is there a rule configured to delay messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http:/...

Recall messages:when do you get a confirmation ?
Exch2003 Sp1, Outlook 2002. CIO sends a message to UserA (all inside my organization). A couple of hours later CIO recalls message. I checked on UserA inbox and I don't see any messages from CIO there. Nothing on Deleted Items either. CIO hasn't got any confirmation of successful message recall. How long it takes to get a confirmation whether recall was successful or not ? Is the recall function more reliable on Exch2003Sp1 ? I remembered this never worked right for me on Exch2000. Aloha Marlon, Recall is a client-side function (Outlook) and it's not very reliable no. ...

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

cannot open email message
I cannot open email messages that have an attachment to it. Help ...

New messages not appearing
I've been noticing on a growing number of computers in my office where if people sit with their e-mail opened on the desktop, new messages don't appear in the Inbox until another message is re-opened and then their messages appear. Any help with this would be appreciated . Gary <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been noticing on a growing number of computers in my > office where if people sit with their e-mail opened on > the desktop, new messages don't appear in the Inbox until > another message is re-opened and then their messages >...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

How do I tag email messages in my inbox
I need to add tags to emails that i receive, inorder to differentiate emails having same Subject. I am unable to find out how to do the same. You can use categories for that: Right click the message, then choose Categorize. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Sun, 16 May 2010 23:28:01 -0700 schrieb Ujjawal: > I need to add tags to emails that i receive, inorder to differentiate emails > having same Subj...

deleted IMAP messages appear in OWA
If I delete an email message in my IMAP client, why does the message not appear as deleted when I view my email via OWA or native Exchange MAPI? did you purge the imap folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exc...

error message 80080005
all the answers on the board are from last year windows vista home premium 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84&mid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84 "larry" wrote: > all the answers on the board are from last year > > windows vista home premium > > 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/ne...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...