Keeps retriving mail from accounts I dont want to get mail from

I have outlook 2000.

I have two accounts 1. Mary   2. Sales

I have configured Tools/options/mail services so that I only download mail
from one account, Mary (its a checkbox)
This allows me to get mail from mary and to only get mail from Sales when I
want it. I download mail manually by selecting Tools/send & recieve/internet
mail sales.

However when every outlook automatically downloads mail every 5 minutes it
also downloads my sales mail.
I have tryed removing the password from the login box of sales when it trys
but then im just presened with the loging screen for sales.

How can I disable outlook from looking for mail from this account, w/o
removing the account altogether.

Im useing the corporate /workgroup version of outlook. 2000

Thank you

0
Stacy

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

My variables keep getting reset...
Greetings. Last week I found out how to add lines of code to a module while the program is running, but there is a catch. Every time I do this my variables seem to get reset as if I am entering the program for the first time. I cheat by storing the values of these variables in a spreadsheet and I reset all the variables after I insert the code. Why do my variables get reset when I use this command and can I prevent that from happening? ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents ("Code_Module").CodeModule.InsertLines(3, "Hello") ~Jenny ...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Getting a process's description
Is there a way to get the process description of an executing process? For example, I've got the process id and executable filename for a process but I need to get a text description of it. I know this is possible because windows gets such a description when it asks you to "select a program from a list" to open a file with unknown extension. There is also another application called ProcessExplorer which is able to display a text description for a process. Any suggestions welcome (win32 api calls or .net library calls). schoenfeld1@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to ge...

When do logs get deleted?
Hi, I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only deleted after full backups? Thanks, Dan Transaction Log files should be purged after full and incremental backups only.. "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been > getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only > deleted after full backups? > Thanks, > Dan I had an incremental completed last night with supporting evidence in m...

Specify account to send from
I tried replying to a work email earlier tonight and after I sent it, although I specified which account to send the email from, the saved sent message said it had been sent from my personal (default) account. I've got four accounts on Outlook, so I tested them against each other and found that all my messages sent from my personal (default) account came through fine, but all the messages sent from the other accounts to my personal (default) account said they had been sent by my personal (default) account. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? ...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

accounting (different) State holidays
This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o intelegence known to mankind (the WWW) I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree days for the activity I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result. But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays to meet my requirement Can you please assist? Thanks and regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Raj Could you use an IF or ...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

How do i get notifications of Issued Certificates thats nearly Exp
I know of certutil but havent found a guide for it and i dont know how to vbscript its so i can find Certifcates thats about to expire. ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

Outlook/VBScript: I want to retrieved EntryID from TaskItem class
Hi, I have a question concerning the EntryID from the TaskItem class in Outlook. Here's my question I would like to stored the EntryID in an Access Database at the same time that I am saving the rest of the information (DueDate, Owner, Subject...etc) in my table. I do not know if it is possible. My Problem is that the EntryID does not seems to appears when I am saving the Recordset in my Item_Write event. I do not know if it is created after the Item_Write event. I have tried by putting the EntryID in the Item_Close event but I am not getting the value. I am using VBScript. Is there anyway...

MS Money won't update some accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; = McAfee AV Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon: Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. = All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and = observations: --MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit = Union, ETrade) and=20 some credit cards ...

WMP keeps moving about
OK, likely an old question, but could not find it. WMP has that goofy little icon, three boxes & an arrow, that seems to sort of minimise it, shrink?. Great. It seems to shrink, pretty randomly, based on what other things are going on: OK. But whenever it changes size it appears to prefer the middle of the screen it's on. It remembers which monitor it was on. But, is there some way that I can tell it to just remember where I put it, you know that nice little out of the way place I JUST PUT YOU, on that monitor? Instead of the middle of the screen, AGAIN! Sorry to ask...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

confirguring outlook accounts
When I opened microsoft outlook 2003 for the first time I get the following message: unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and recieve email could not be found. To add a data file, such as personal folder double click on the mail icon in the control panel. I am not using outlook for my email. I go online for this. I need to use outlook for my contact manager. How can I set up outlook 2003. I need help ASAP!!!!!!!!! sue Do you have any data files (PST / Personal Folders) defined in the Control Panel's Mail applet? You needed...

Get user inputs
I have a workbook that opens up upon macro run. It opens up in Read Only and would like to prompt the user to save the file at this point. Once they have saved the workbook under a new name I would like to delect the original file located at c:\Sales.xls. I would also like to ask the user to Enter the start date in MMM YY and end date MMM YY. Then starting in cell E1 Enter the reporting period they specified. Can someone help me out with the code to do this? Thanks in advance. To open up the SaveAs dialog... Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show To delete origi...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

User Account Management (Domain User account set-up
I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can correct this? -thx/Alex You need to deactivite the user and create a new user. You can assign the new user the deactiviated user's license. Linda >-----Original Message----- >I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon >Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. > >When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is >grayed out. D...