Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs

I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get
any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead...

I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email
is by POP3/SMTP.

Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30
days so nothing is missed on either PC.

This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items
fold of the PC that I used to send the email.

Is there a way to 'copy' groups of sent items between the computers to keep them in sync? I'm happy
to do this manually, since I would only do this every week or so.

0
Jay

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Jay <nospam> wrote:

> Is there a way to 'copy' groups of sent items between the computers
> to keep them in sync?

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
Jay
2/9/2006 5:02:59 PM
I have the same situation, with a desktop and a laptop. So if I'm sending a
message I want to end up in the Sent Items on the other machine I CC myself,
and on each machine I have a rule that says "Apply this rule after the
message arrives from [myself]: move it to the Sent Items folder and mark it
as read".

P.S. I spent quite a bit of time going through the synch tools on Sue
Mosher's list (Slipstick). It seemed to me the ones that worked were much
too expensive for my needs and the ones that weren't too expensive didn't
work!

Changing Currency Decimal Places for Inventory Items from 2 to 5
I have used the inventory utility to change the currency decimal places from 2 to 5. There are a few items, however, that are not being changed. On the report that prints a message appears for those items that says, "lot numbers by expiration date". The item options does not show that the item has any tracking options. I've looked in several IV tables for any evidence of lot numbers or serial numbers for items and have found none. What does this message mean? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Have you checked the IV00300 table? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP...

Keep getting mail not adressed to me
Can someone tell me where to start trouble shooting this issue Myself and a few others are reciveing email that was not destined for us Our email adress is in the to box next to the original recepiant but the sender did not type us in. I can attest the fact since someone has also recived a email from me in which i did not type there name in thank Maybe the sender is hitting Reply All? In Outlook, open the message select view, options, and see if your address is in the Interent Header. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly...

two employees fired, supervisors move, departments eliminated
Hello: Picture the Employee Maintenance window and the five organizational fields at the bottom right showing division, department, location, position, and supervisor. Let's say two employees have been terminated, their supervisors have moved to different departments, and the departments of those two terminated employees have been eliminated. The client wants to show these employees in the system for future reporting purposes. Now, I told the client to leave the supervisor codes on those two employee cards as they are and to create an additional department (bucket) called "...

Ranking based on two criteria
I have a number of different sales projects running. Each person on a project is given a bonus based on their ranking within the project, with ranking based on a number of sales per hour (SPH). The basic information is in a simple CSV file that I import into Excel via ODBC. Column A is Name, B is Project, C is # of Sales and D is Hours. In column E I have the formula =Cx/Dx to get sales per hour. I can use the RANK() function on column E to rank all the employees by SPH regardless of project, but I need to use the project name as well. So I need a formula for the Rank colum to p...

Where does Max keep his files now ?
I used to go to save project or something like that to check his sample files. But I have lost the address now. Does anybody know where it is ? Just in case Max doesn't see this ... He *used* to post the link in his signature. Lately, he doesn't post a link. Don't know if that means he no longer keeps a file archive or not. You could probably do a Google search and find it (the link) in an older post. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "darkblue" <ahmetaay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:35b55559-624b-48c7-9271-b3cf979ca882@a34g2000yqn.googlegroups...

Ending Macro in Last Row within a column of Printable Items
I recorded a macro that sorts data in a certiain way, however sometimes the data is 100 rows and sometimes it's more or less. How can I record the macro to go to the very last row with printable material within a certain column regardless of how many rows there are? Or is there a quick way to adjust the step in of the macro and re-program it there? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi Mike The following code assumes your headers are in row 1. It counts the number of rows with entries in columnA, and the number of columns with data in row 1. It then sorts that...

Keeping references while changing worksheets
Suppose I have an excel workbook with two sheets X and Y. In X I have a set of data in columns A and B, 1 4 2 5 In Y I want to perform calculations on the data in A, In cell Y!A1 I have "=X!A1+X!B1", etc. What I would like to do is delete worksheet X, with the formulas in Y locked and still refering to X, and insert and new worksheet, rename it X, and have Y perform the calculations on the new data. Unfortunately, when I delete X, I get =#REF!A1+#REF!B1 in Y, and can't recover the reference to worksheet X. Any suggestions? Thanks Before your remov...

communication between two vb apps
Hi, I have two vb apps and I want to have them communicate with each other. For example, one of the apps is the master controller. It manages all the data, and creates sub sets of data for the other application(sub application). I want the master application when it has prepared the sub set of data, to send a message to the sub application so that it knows to go and do some work. When the sub application has finished(or to send updates as its doing the work) I want it to be able to send info back to the master so it knows what is happening. the only catch is there will ...

Two internet IP addresses and sending mail?
Our exchange 2000 server is currently receiving all mail from a global pop3 mailbox at our ISP. For sending mail out, we have a hardware firewall (acting as a router in this case) which has two DSL connections it uses for our connection to the internet. This means we have two different internet IP addresses that might be used to send e-mail out when exchange is delivering e-mail. We have been receving error messages recently about e-mails not making it to their intended recipients. I was thinking that perhaps this has to do with the e-mail servers involved checking up on IP addresse...

Database / Items
I open Store Operations Manager. I open Database / Items. How do I customise the columns in Items dialog box. I want to add "Cost" column next to "Price" column for quick review. I am using ver 1.3 Thanks Don You can't modify the built in forms. You could build a custom Add-in that displays what you want. Digital Retail Solutions has an existing Add-in that does allow you to modify the displayed columns - search the newsgroup, they post occasionally. As a work around, you use an item report (Item Quantity List maybe). Use Add/Remove columns to display the ...

Shortcuts - Folders
Our firm just upgraded to 2010. I had to re-create the shortcuts. In the main shortcut folder (the first one), I am unable to save the "Sent Items" folder. When I exit and reopen Outlook, that particular folder is gone and I have to add it again. Suggestions? ...

Remaining Items on PO
I was wondering if there was any way to determine which items are remaining on a partially received PO. I know that there is a box with the remaining PO subtotal, but we would like to see which items are left to be received. Absolutely! First, you can limit your search to lines with the PO Line Status of New or Released because only fully-received lines have a status of Received. Second, if you are not using SOP commitments, you can look in the Qty uncommitted in base to give you a quantity. "ConnollyandCo" <ConnollyandCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

WAV audio volume stting keeps resetting to low setting
In my main machine, which uses the Realtek ac97 on board studio, the WAV volume setting keeps dropping to a low level. When I bring up the volume control window, which show the 6 settings, I can reset the WAV volume to max. But shortly after, something resets the volume to a very low setting, and I have to bring it up to max again. I have all the setting in this window set at max, but the WAV doesn't want to stay there. I can't figure out what keeps setting it back to a low value. Anyone have any ideas? Ron Hirsch Usually it's a program that has it's...

pivot table too many row or column items
I have about 300 lines of data with about 30 fields, i am trying to add all the fields as rows and data. I get this message when i try to add say about 10 row items and the rest as data items. But the same no. of row items with the same set of data works fine on another machine. What do i check for correcting this issue? (I am using Excel 2000) The following MSKB article outlines the PivotTable limitations in Excel 2000: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517 microsoft wrote: > I have about 300 lines of data with ab...

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

Tasks sync error when Outlook user sends email with task to EWS user
I'm using Entourage Web Services. Whenever an Outlook user assigns me a task, I get an email message in my inbox but I cannot "accept" the task in Entourage (as I could a meeting invite). That is bad enough, but I get a yellow shield in the lower right and when I open the Error window I see a long list of sync errors (tries every 1-2 minutes) with an error of Could not synchronize record sync: Task Request: <Title> The error is -19717 I must accept the task using Outlook in order to stop the sync errors. Can someone record this error number of the error web...

HOw to replace the "send to bluetooth" option for sent to email?
I used to have the option 'send to email" under File, now I have "sent to bluetooth" and I cannot receive or sent my hotmail emails. I get a reported error 0x800CCC33: Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. the server responded "Forbidden" Thank you for your help. CC To continue to receive e-mail from your Hotmail account, you need to select one of the methods below to connect to Hotmail. After September 1, 2009 new e-mail can only be delivered to your mail programs through the following solutions. If you use...

my active sync V 4.5 will sync everything BUT my contacts
I recently upgraded from a Treo 700 to a Treo 800w. My old treo would import and go back and forth with my outlook updating contacts etc etc.... But when I downloaded activesync 4.5 for my new windows 6.1 based phone it syncs everything but my contacts. How do I fix this? By asking in an activsync group. It's not an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine "Jon Peterson" <Jon Peterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06755F84-E984-43A5-8A31-CB3435FBCE53@microsoft.com... >I recently upgraded from a Treo 700 to a Treo 800w. My old treo would ...

How to combine data based on two fields..
Let's say that you have a spreadsheet with three fields, like: Year Group Value 1970 1 3 1970 1 1 1972 1 1 1973 1 5 1974 1 2 1974 1 0 1974 1 2 1970 2 1 1970 2 1 1973 2 2 1975 2 3 1975 2 5 What I want is to combine all values for a given group in a single year. So for instance, the above spreadsheet would become: Year Group Value 1970 1 4 1972 1 1 1973 1 5 1974 1 ...

conditional formatting across a row, based on value in a single ce
How can i format a whole row ( change the colour, font, fill) by using the value in a single row to conditionally format it In CF, change condition1 to Formula Is and use a formula like =$A5=7 or whatever the formula is, just make sure that you absolute the column. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "oaode" <oaode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA581FE9-1386-48FA-A79F-48816F8216BB@microsoft.com... > How can i format a whole row ( change the colour, font, fill) by using the > value in a single row to conditionally...

Two months earlier than current month
In a calculated field I'm using: =MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m";-2;Date()))) to get the name of the month, two months earlier than the current month. Is there a easier/better way to get the same result? Thanks, Lars Lars Brownies wrote: > In a calculated field I'm using: > > =MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m";-2;Date()))) > > to get the name of the month, two months earlier than the current month. > > Is there a easier/better way to get the same result? Depends on what you mean by "easier". This method... =...

Menu items in the form of Matrix(Row,column)
Hai I am looking to create a menu with items in Martix style(row,column) and till now iam not able to get info about that and any ideas are helpful Thanks suresh "Suresh" <suresh_vcplusplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<##g##W$uEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > Hai > I am looking to create a menu with items in Martix style(row,column) and > till now iam not able to get info about that and any ideas are helpful > Thanks &...

OL 2010 sync error 4202 and news folders
getting mutiple error 4292 sync errors and the News Feed folders are mutiplying. It has gotten as high as 20 news feed folders. I delete them locally and online - they just come back! I am not subscribed to any RSS feeds. Any ideas would be appreciated. apologies - meant 4202 sync error "jim" wrote: > getting mutiple error 4292 sync errors and the News Feed folders are > mutiplying. It has gotten as high as 20 news feed folders. I delete them > locally and online - they just come back! > I am not subscribed to any RSS feeds. > Any ideas would be app...

Why does money keep changing my stock share holding?
I'm using Money Plus Deluxe version 17. When I download statements from my brokers, On the 'Review Invesetment Activity' page, I'll get these types of entries that Money wants to insert: Remove Shares Google 100 $0.00 Remove Shares Microsoft 100 $0.00 The above doesn't make any sense. If I let Money do this, then holdings are removed from my portfolio. Sometimes I'll see something similar but it is adding shares instead. Rather than clicking Next to accept those entries, I can just go back to the account list page. The problem there is that valid entires ...

COUNTIF across sheets in columns
I am trying to count names that appear in multiple sheets. All of the names appear in the column K in 32 sheets. Is there away to do this? Thanks for any help. You can put a COUNTIF function in the same cell in each of those 32 sheets, eg in cell X1: =3DCOUNTIF(K:K,Summary!A1) where the name is specified in cell A1 of your summary sheet. Then in B1 of the summary sheet you could have: =3DSUM('Sheet1:Sheet32'!X1) assuming your sheets 1 to 32 are arranged contiguously. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 9, 9:25=A0pm, meekjj13 <meekj...@discussions.microsoft.c...