Keeping rules active

Having trouble with the Rules Wizard for O2002 Inbox.  I have 6 rules.
4 work perfectly.  The other 2 won't stay 'active.'  That is, every time
I get new mail, one or the other or both generate a message similar to '
"can't move new mail to folder x."  when I check the Rules Wizerd's
'Apply rules in the following order,' the offending rule does not have a
check mark by it.  I can check and close but next time - same problem.
If it matters, these 2 rules are the last (bottom) on the list.  How do
I get these rules to remain active?
0
jlunis (46)

Uzytkownik "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> napisal w wiadomosci
> Having trouble with the Rules Wizard for O2002 Inbox.  I have 6 rules.
> 4 work perfectly.  The other 2 won't stay 'active.'  That is, every time
> I get new mail, one or the other or both generate a message similar to '
> "can't move new mail to folder x."  when I check the Rules Wizerd's
> 'Apply rules in the following order,' the offending rule does not have a
> check mark by it.  I can check and close but next time - same problem.
> If it matters, these 2 rules are the last (bottom) on the list.  How do
> I get these rules to remain active?

IMHO it has not too much deal with Outlook. Most probably it is the age and
history of Outlook installation. I use Outlook 2000 in old Win 98 SE. Some
time ago I changed the type of installation from 'corporate' to Internet
only. Ind discovered exactly the same problem you have. I did not find a
solution, actulally. Most probably there is a problem of file
reserervations, so called "lock" problems, since we have two processes: One
(receiving new mail messages) keeps adding messages to the mailbox, while
the second - an active rule - deletes messages from that box. In normal
circumstances the second process should hang for a moment, while the first
one writes a new message to disc and then nicely resume. Instead, it most
probably tries to read from a locked file (mailbox used by message adding
process) and receives an error. Consequently, it clears flag in the rules
wizard for the rule it believes casued the error.

After such happened, I have manualy run (by run rues now) the missing rules
and everithing was OK.

After some time I have a grafic card crash in my laptop, so I was forced to
change the computer totally. So all the software has been installed as a new
one. Afterwards I have changed a newly created outlook.pst file for a backup
copy done the day of the crash and re-created the rules. Since then
everything was smoothly and perfectly.

As a result I believe, that the second process may just, in some
circumstances, ignore the busy flag for mbox file, while moving messages.

My advice? Make a backup copy of your data, uninstall and re-install MS
Office. Shall help.

Vlad

old guy <jlunis@charter.net> wrote:

> Having trouble with the Rules Wizard for O2002 Inbox.  I have 6 rules.
> 4 work perfectly.  The other 2 won't stay 'active.'  That is, every
> time I get new mail, one or the other or both generate a message
> similar to ' "can't move new mail to folder x."  when I check the
> Rules Wizerd's 'Apply rules in the following order,' the offending
> rule does not have a check mark by it.  I can check and close but
> next time - same problem. If it matters, these 2 rules are the last
> (bottom) on the list.  How do I get these rules to remain active?

Try opening the rule that fails and reselecting the destination folder.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Convert Lead Notes, Activities and Security
As noted by others, the Activities and Notes do not convert when a Lead is Converted to an Account, Contact and/or Opportunity. It was recommended to simply click on the Originating Lead to get this information; however, this does not work if the Account has been re-assigned as the Lead ownership remains in tact and it is not Shared. Ex. We have a telemarketing team that works with the Leads. Once the Lead is nutured, it is converted to an Account, Contact and Opportunity. The Account is then Assigned to a Sales Person. The Re-Assignment then changes the ownership of the associated Con...

How do you keep favorite folders list in outlook
I have set up a folders list in outlook 2003 under mail favorite folders. Each time I re open outlook the folder list has gone and i have to start again. How do you keep list once you have created it. Alex G ...

Copy html table to word not keeping settings
I want to copy a html table to a word programatically. I have manage to get to a point where the table is pasted. But the paste is not the same as if i would use Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste. For merged cells the font settings are not kept. Is there a way to keep the settings for merged cells? Or a way to paste the html table in a word like the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does? ...

Server side rule for all mailboxes
Hi, small info for Exchange 2003 Ent.Edt. admin. Can we create somehow, general server side rule, that will apply for all mailboxes in Exchange system. Can be on some Storage Group, Exchange level or whatever. We found some third party stuff and it works OK (http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/rules), but is there some "standard" Exchange 2003 capability for doing such a thing. Is there some API or something easy for this capability? We just have to redirect some mail message for all users to one folder in their mailbox. Regards, RM No native feature/tool. Perhaps write ...

CRM 4 cannot activate Language pack activation after upgrade
Hi folks!! I have an important migration to work on, basically driven because of the need of the language pack, but after upgrading from 3 to 4, I cannot activate the language pack. They install without error, but no way to activate them. I am almosr certain it may be related to the fact that many of the different entities may have found themsleves modified and some "default" field removed (as some other post mentionned), but just in case, I am posting this request for help. I am goign to embark in trying to work around this by doing (in lab of course) many steps to see if it will...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

Workflow Rule Event for modification???
Hi; I want to set a workflow rule so that the system sends a Task to the owner of every contact that has not been modified since 3 months. I don't know what event is appropriate: it is not Create. I thought it would be Manual, but it doesn't work either... Can someone help me? Thanx! ...

Activity.Route
I am trying to programmatically move an email from a user's assigned folder to his In Progress folder. It doesn't seem like you can use Activity.Route to do this. Has anybody done this before? ...

Rules only work when I first start Outlook 2003
Hi all. I have a problem with my rules in Outlook 2003. I've upgraded from OL XP, and now my rules only seem to work when I first start up OL 2003 and it checks my mail. I'm using several POP accounts and I want the mails moved to specific folders depending on the mail account they come in on. The rules worked fine when I was running OL XP, but now they only run on the first mail check as soon as I open OL. Any subsequent mail checks, either automatic (every 5 mins) or manual just sends any new mail to the Inbox. I have read about an OL prob where the rules don't work on the fir...

Outlook Local Rules?
Hello, I have a collegue that swears that his rules only work when his machine is on and he is logged in. Is that possible? Is there such a thing as a locally stored rule? Thanks Mike Yes. Some rules can only run when Outlook is open. More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Mike B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b6ac01c4797b$7378a040$a401280a@phx.gbl......

Apply Outlook rules to other folders...
Is there any way to apply the rules to a folder other than "inbox"? When I try to change the "apply rules to this folder" setting, the only folder choice I have is the IMAP inbox. Thanks, P ...

Outlook 2003 'Move' Rule doesn't work as it should.
Hi, Having probs here with trying to use the 'Move' Rule in Outlook 2003 to shift emails from a specific senders address (from peolple or distrubution list) to a custom folder within my Inbox for that sender. The rule merely copies the e-mail to my custom folder and leaves the original in my Inbox. I have to create a second rule to delete the original from my Inbox and that can't be right. I know it isn't just me that is having this problem so maybe someone out there has found a fix for this bug? Zook Add Stop processing action to the Move rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

client only rules #2
I have many client only rules in my email and would really like to delete them. Unfortunately when going to the rules wizard - it says under the "Apply changes to this folder" - Inbox [Microsft Exchage Server]. Now I cant seem to delete these rules. Could u help me please? Are you connected to the Exchange Server while trying to do this? "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE33F33-22D3-4973-86CC-5BF35AD5E139@microsoft.com... >I have many client only rules in my email and would really like to delete > them. Unfortunatel...

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

Exchange Message Tracking activation failure
Hi out there, I have the following problem. We have Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1 (Build 7226.6 SP1) on a cluster. Anytime i want to enable "Message Tracking" or "subject logging and display" i get an error "You Must connect to the WMI service on the target Exchange Server to invoke this method" Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c10327c5 Microsoft Exchange Management I have no matches trying to find the id on googlegroups or google itself. What could that be? Have restarted the hole server. Nothing. Thx cHRIS Nobody ever encountered this Problem o...

Maximum number of Rules for mails
Hi, We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated in the Rules Wizard. When he try to add a new rule, he get an error saying that the rule cannot be created and that Outlook might not handle more rules. Is it possible to know the maximum of rules allowed to be activated in Outlook XP (2002)? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Martin If you use Exchange server, you are limited to 32k of server-side rules - this is not configurable. Simplify the rules or get rid of some. Martin Cote wrote: > Hi, > We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated &...

Workflow: assigning activities to another users
Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some user... could at least be done by calling a workflow assembly which you would have to write ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Rock3" <Rock3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69D8B77C-7B33-45B9-BE9D-2EE721CB9F28@microsoft.com... > Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some > user... ...

Excell keeps closing when I try to save a workbook. Any ideas!
I am using Excell in Office 2007. Every time I try to save my workbook the program shuts down. It's also happening in Word. I've put my Office disc and ran the repair, however it is still crashing. ...

Frontape 2003 activation
I just bought Frontpage 2003 on Ebay- seller assures me the software has been deleted, but had been activated. I bought FP to use in the future on a new computer that I plan to buy in 2011 - so I do not want to activate the software now, but probably in 2011. Since Microsoft is discontinuing support to FP, 1) will I be able to activate the FP software in a year or 2- and 2) if I use the telephone activation, can I "delete" the "old" activation and get 2 new activations on my computers without a problem. I'm hesitant to to try to activate the software now o...

How to automatically upload and attach images to a fax activity in C#
Also how to find attachment type and do we need it for uploading images as an attachment to a fax activity,or it make more sense to have email attachment for a fax activity ?? ...

Data Validation Rule in Table Design
Can you tell me how to write a data validation rule I can use in the table design mode for a phone number field that will not allow blanks (eg Not null) and allow user to write N/A if phone number is not known or available AND allow user to type a phone number as (123) 123-3456 if phone number is available. Thanks. Steve One consideration ... if you want the field to hold either a number or a text string (e.g., N/A), the underlying field needs to be text data type, not numeric. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received...

How can I export my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007. How can I do this? Thanks, Vincenzo What does Windows Mail support? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Vincenzo asked: | I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. | However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook ...

keeping cell references during sort
I have data that I am summing. For example, I have B1 =SUM(A1:A3). Then B2 = SUM(A4:A6). I need a way that if I sort the data in column the cell references in Column B update. So if my B1 data is no contained in A5, A12, A15, my B1 formula will update to B1 =SUM(A5 A12, A15). Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Erik Spark ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com The formula in B1 won't change when column A is sorted -- it will continue to sum A1:A3. You ...

Creating a Custom Outlook Rule
I have an MS Access application that uses Outlook Automation to start an email thread. The subject line is somthing like: "TID(427) This is my Subject blah blah ..." I am trying to set Outlook up so that whenever the email response has "TID(###)" it automatically copies that email to a it's matching windows subdirectory. Like ... \\MyServer\MyMailShare\TID(427) This is my Subject blah blah ... So, from Outlook, the custom rule would need to first recgnize that "TID(" is an incoming response to the application, then copy that email to its assoc...

Recurring Activities
Is it possible to set recurring activities or cases for the Accounts especially in the Customer Service part of the CRM? To be able to schedule periodic maintenance services it would be very usefull. Thanks ...