keeping calendar and folders in navigation bar

ol03. i have navigation bar open. i click on calendar button (small icons)
at bottom and calendar opens showing several months. i then click on 'folder
list' icon, and folders show on navigation bar with current month still at
top. that is perfect. except if i click on one of the folders, the month
disappears and folders take up the whole nav. bar.
isn't there a way to keep calendar and folders open at same time?

0
astro46 (42)

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Public Calendar Replication Issues
I am running Exchange 2003 with SP2 and I have to server each with a Public folder store. All the public folder replicate fine expect the Public Calendars, every item in the public calendars replicate except for reoccurring appointments. Has anyone seen this before? ...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

Public Folder Referral Reports?
With a large Exchange 2000 environment, we have relied on our end users to tell us when a Public Folder needs to be replicated to a remote server. Is there a tool to tell us what PF Referrals are occuring to our primary PF server? We would like to proactively create replicas of frequently used PFs on these remote servers so our end users can have the best performance possible I've been unable to find any information about tracking down PF Referrals Thanks in advance for your replies. ...

Keeping the Same Cell References
What's the easiest way of copying a cell with a formula in it and pasting it into another cell with the exact same formula? I also have ASAP utlities, and I couldn't figure out how to do it with that either. One way: Remove the = sign before copying and re-insert it in the new location after pasting -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "JP" <JohnP26@msn.com> wrote in message news:qfian3pttvr0ju1eddj97quhiqon28snfl@4ax.com... | What's the easiest way of copying a cell with a formula in it and | pasting it into another cell with the exact same for...

Create link in publisher to folder stored on same web site
I created my web page in Publisher and succesfully published it. I draged and dropped a folder on my ftp site. I tried, without success, to place a hyperlink from my web page to open the folder. Please advise if it is possible to create the link and of so how it can be done. Thanks. Bob. On your webpage use a name or image, i.e., The cars folder is available here. Using the mouse highlite the word here and select Insert, Hyperlink. The hyperlink would read /cars Note the cars folder and the link to it are case sensitive. That's it. don Vancouver, USA "Bob W" <Bo...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Tool bar hide in Ac2007
I have an application written Ac2000 that runs fine on computers using Ac2003. A new user installed Ac2007. Part of the program startup procedure applies code to hide toolbars (docmd.ShowToolbar etc.). Normally, the main switchboard form then covers the whole screen. With Ac2007, the toolbar does not hide. Not only does the toolbar show, but an object list also displays on left screen. What kind of code can I write to hide the toolbar and object list. Is there also code that will allow the program to know that it has opened in Ac2007? ...

Can't Download Updates
Hi Guys, I cannot download the windows updates for vista 64-bit. I get to the part where it's starting to download, and then the blue bar just circles and circles and then eventually hangs my whole computer up. Never had this problem before, can connect to the internet, updated last on 3/6. My computer started acting very strange the last few days, won't shut down regularly, keeps hanging when I try so I need to hard power off. Programs are running slow, especially control panel type stuff. I've searched it for Viruses (using AVG) and spyware/malware using W...

Public Folders #55
I joined a new server and moved everything over about a year ago. I was checking the Public Information Store and noticed 3 folder are still pointing to the old Exchange. I have that server unplugged. Will anything bad happen if I redirect those Public Folders to the new server? Also, in the MTA queues the old server is listed with 692 messages and growing. Can I remove them with MTA check? I also have the old server still listed in the new Exchange server. The old server has been down for about a year now but I never uninstalled the Exchange software. Can I just delete the old server from...

Can I import a calendar from a palm os to outlook?
"kyle" <kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9E20640-188D-4355-A3D6-28C3E586A28C@microsoft.com... > Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details. Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details in the body of your post. That said, your best bet is just to sync your Palm to Outlook directly. If your Palm CD didn't...

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

user access public folders with no restrictions
i have an exchange server 2003, we want to use shared public folders. I have a public folder call sales and a couple of calender under it, i set the permission on the folder in exc manager. we can access it inside and out. BUT the problem i found is that when i just goto servername/public, on my brouser inside the network .... i have full access - no restrictions You'd be wise to check what the Default and Anonymous permissions are set to on the public folder. Also, if you created the Public Folder, you will by default be an owner, with no restrictions. Also, keep in mind ...

Sync Issues Folder #2
I have installed MS Office 2003 and I am using it with Excahnge server. For some reason, the "Sync Issues" folder under my mailbox folder has been renamed to "Sync Issues1". I'd like to get the name changed back to the original "Sync Issues". I can't use the usual folder rename as this is a special outlook folder related to the server sync. features in Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook in cached mode. How can I get ths folder back to its orginal name? ...

how to move public folder store
How do you move the public folder store that gets created in the first storage group (FSG) to another storage group? Apparently everyone in the world is happy as clams leaving everything as default because there's absolutely NO information anywhere that mentions this. I just want my Public Folders to be in their own storage group. I'm running Exchange 2003 Enterprise, SP1. Any guidance would be appreciated. J. I don't believe it can be moved...if you want it in its own SG, I believe you have to just not create any mailbox stores in the default 1st Storage Group... "Jame...

Primary Calendar after Exmerge merge
Hi I have migrated alot of mailboxes with Exmerge and it worked fine. The problem I´m having is that I get two calendar icons. One that is called Calendar and Kalender (Calendar in swedish). All old calendar entrys are in the Calendar folder but the primary Calendar folder is Kalender. So... How do I set the Calendar folder as Primary calendar folder or how do I move all calender entrys from the calendar folder to the kalender folder? Thanx alot! :) Best Regards Freddie You could start outlook with the ResetFolderNames or ResetFolders switch. Look into this document for more info...

Contact and Calendar issues
I recently upgraded fron Vista to windows 7. Then I downloaded Windows Live Mail without a login. I was happy to see that all my old mail, my contacts and my calendar appeared in the new mail program. Then I created a Windows Live login and signed in. My mail still works fine but more that half of my contacts are missing and if I am not signed in, I can't see anything on my calendar. I am not interested in all the social networking feature of Windows Live, I really only want to share a calendar with my family on my home network. What did I do wrong and how can I get my ...

Sharing a calendar with outlook 2003
High, I need to share a calendar among users using outlook 2003 under ms xp home edition ( 4 computers with local pst files). I tried to create a shared pst file on the server ( windows 2003 server workgroup mode). But everytime a user opened the shared pst file, it blocked the access for the other users (users have full security access to the file). Is there any other way to share a calendar other than installing exchange ? Thanks in advance Try this page for suggestions: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

Outlook Calendar #6
Hi Am using Outlok 2003 in Calendar|Month view. How can I set the view to display the weeks starting day as Sunday and not Monday?? Thanks in advance. Greg Switch to 1 day view and right click in the calendar, select Other Settings and uncheck the box for Compress Weekend Days. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Greg asked: | Hi Am using Outlok 2003 in Calendar|Month view. How...

personal folder files
I was given a disk that contains pst.files. I saved the information onto my C drive. I clicked on Outlook, went to open and selected my personal folder files. Once there I selected the location and the file and went to open it. An error message popped up stating the "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". Then it tells me I don't have permission to open this file. I'm not sure what this warning means. Any suggestions would help me greatly. Also the person who created this disk stated it should be able to open in Outlook 2000, thoug...

Problem in opening Publid Folder
Hi, We have recently migrated Outlook 2000/Server Exchange 5.5 to Outlook 2003/Server Exchange 2003. Since then, it takes as long as several minutes for some users to open Public Folders. Does someone has any idea about why it takes so long and how to fix it ? Thanks, KK ...

Drop Down Calendar
I am trying to add a drop down calendar to a cell, so upon selecting the cell a calendar appears you then click on the relevant date and it then adds the date in a date format Please help Regards Wayne. For a possible solution see http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm you need MS Access installed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Wayne Dolley" <wayne.dolley@toshiba-ac.com> wrote in message news:2FBAB676-5246-47E9-9CE7-F31064BEEC34@microsoft.com... > I am trying to add a drop down calendar to a cell, so upon selecting the cell a calendar appears you then click on the relevant...

Personal Folder question
I use outlook at work and would like to keep a copy of my emails at home. The copy at home would just be for offline reading, I do not want to be connected to work. I went to my local settings->application data->microsoft->outlook folder, and copied the three files to my home computer: outlook.ost - 70 megs archive.pst - 7 megs Company-outlook.ost - 100 megs Why are there 3 files and whats the differences between them? I went into Outlook and choose 'Open Folder' but it only gave me the option to open a .pst file, and I opened the archive.pst file, and there was only my &#...

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...