keep my signature the same

when i originate an email, the signature with the hyperlink
sends and is functional. when i reply or forward, the font
changes, the spacing changes, and the hypertext link
becomes non-functioning. what am in doing wrong? i am using
the same auto-signature for both...
0
anonymous (74722)

You're probably replying to a message that was sent to you in plain text.
Outlook assumes that worst case scenario - that the sender can't read HTML -
so you reply is in plain text.

If you change it to HTML, it won't help because it'll look to the recipient
just like it looks to you when it's wrong.  In fact, the recipient may not
even be able to read the reply.

You'll notice that newsgroup messages are plain text and if you try to send
one with HTML, it give you a warning message about people possibly being
unable to view your message (assuming you haven't turned off the message
after seeing it the first time).  Newsgroups are even further behind than
email in terms of recognizing HTML code.

Unfortunately, not everyone uses Outlook or something equally functional.
Until they catch up, we have to deal with them as best we can.

"keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i originate an email, the signature with the hyperlink
> sends and is functional. when i reply or forward, the font
> changes, the spacing changes, and the hypertext link
> becomes non-functioning. what am in doing wrong? i am using
> the same auto-signature for both...

Keeping track of things
How do you experienced Access gurus do it? I have only a few reports and a few tables and already I'm having difficulty figuring out which queries go into which report, which queries are stuff I was testing out and which ones I can safely delete without breaking a report. Do you follow some sort of naming convention? Why not build a table that list your table-query-form/report information? Have another table to track changes made in the database (Configuration Management). Keep a copy that relfects any change to the database configuration using date/version in the name. -- KARL DEWEY ...

outlook keeps disappearing from my task bar
not sure if that is the right term. But the list on the bottom of my screen that shows all open programs. Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it. It doesn't seem to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent email to copy and paste in future emails. Windows XP Any suggestions? Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when you think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager (processes, look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not r...

I can't seem to get Microsoft Word to keep from freezing up.
Every time I try to open Word it freezes up and will not let me do anything. I have to have this for my on line classes. Excel freezes any time I try to save something. Everything else works fine Have you run Office Diagnostics or Detect/Repair? depending on version of Office, that you failed to mention "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37F0DBF4-5DCD-4564-9D57-6E398A19B0F7@microsoft.com... > Every time I try to open Word it freezes up and will not let me do > anything. > I have to have this for my on line classes. Exce...

Shared workbook keeps renaming self #2
hi there. if anyone has any ideas, i could really use some help here.... thank guys -- three6ohchri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- three6ohchris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1319 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26226 ...

Money 2005 keeps crashing before opening!
Every time I try to open Money (after I sign-in and the box indicating it is opening comes up), I get this awful message: "We're sorry, but Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart." This started before the holidays and has never stopped. What can I do? Thanks. -- lewisma9 In microsoft.public.money, lewisma9 wrote: >Every time I try to open Money (after I sign-in and the box indicating it is >opening comes up), I get this awful message: > >"We're sorry, but Money has experienced an internal error and will have to >restart....

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

Signature #15
When I set my signature in Outlook 2003 to a set font such as Verdana size 10, when I go and attempt to create a new msg it does not come out in Verdana but rather the default font Times New Roman. How do I have it so that it always comes out as Verdana? Is there anyway to change the entire default font from Times New Roman to Verdana? "Nocturnal" wrote: > When I set my signature in Outlook 2003 to a set font such as Verdana size > 10, when I go and attempt to create a new msg it does not come out in > Verdana but rather the default font Times New Roman. > ...

MS Money 2002 Keeps Installing
Still unable to find a cure for the fact MS Money 2002 keeps trying to reinstall. Have had the program since January 2002 and never had a problem until about a month ago...out of the blue. Now, this keeps happening and I get kicked out about every 30 seconds to two minutes. It takes about 10 - 20 clicks on "cancel" when trying to launch the program just to get passed the "preparing to install" and into the program to use it...only to get kicked out a minute later. Is there a registry cleaner for MS Money 2002 that would fix this? Has anyone else found a sugges...

Signature cannot be verified error
Hi, We have a application which delivers SMIME mails to users. The user will upload his public key to our application and we will use our Entrust profile to sign and encrypt the mail. The application uses javamail api to do this. Recently one of our users has complained that he gets error while opening the mail.He uses entrust plugin with outlook in his machine to verify the signature. The user confirms that he has imported our root CA to his IE also. But when he opens his mail he gets signature verification failed error. The decryption happens properly and he can read the mail. Any idea why t...

Why Outlook 2007 keeps grouping my messages?
I have set customized view to display my messages as "none" grouping, but whenever I switch to other folder I'll always see my messages have been grouped by date when I come back to inbox http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Signature Capture ingenico etouch 1000
I am a business owner who wanted to purchase RMS about 4-5 years ago. But since it didn't support the widly used etouch 1000 i decided to wait thinking microsoft would catch up other POS software companies. So last week i purchased RMS from posglobal.com along with hardware including etouch 1000. I was the under the impression that RMS is now compatible with etouch1000. But i have found out that it is not compatible. I have worked with other small retailers installing pos and have studied several pos software companies. As far as i know all the pos software companies sup...

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...

Auto Preview keeps coming on even when I switch it off (Outlook 2002)
I have just started using IMAP with my email in Outlook 2002 and I choose View | Auto Preview so it is switched off but when I exit the program and come back, it "switches" itself back on. I want it permanently off. Ideas how I can tackle this please? Never saw anything else in the View toolbar that would help and a quick search on the net brought up nothing helpful. Thanks Reset the default view on the folder; View-> Current View-> Customize Current View...-> button Reset Current View -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a M...

How to keep touch screen keyboard on top?
Hi. Is there a way to keep the touch screen keyboard on top (sort of like 'always on top' option)? I'd like to be able to enter the tender amount with the touch screen keyboard, but whenever I bring up the tender screen, the touch screen keyboard disappears and doesn't reappear, even after tender is completed. I have to ctrl+f6 again to bring it up. Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03B7_01C6F446.94DD58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable dha, Resize (shrink) the POS ...

global signature
Not sure if this should be an exchange 2003 or an outlook 2003 question but I'm hoping it can be done from the server so... We have a few 100 users all with varying signatures set in Outlook, the MD has asked that we standardise this and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to do this from the server. Seems like a logical thing to be able to do but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know of a way? Anything better than going round to all machines and changing it! thanks for any feedback gerryR Do you mean something like a global disclaimer (appended to every e-mail)? ...

Network Centralized Signatures
Second post, so far no answer? There has got to be someone doing this! So I am running an Exchange 2k3 server with Office 2k3 clients all encompassed in an AD Network, what I wanted to do was be able to have all my clients pulling a signature from a centralized template that will pull the information from their AD Object... So that basically I would like an XML template or something that links to the information in the AD and just gets pulled when the users create a new email. I would think this is definitely possible but I cannot figure out where any info on this is? Joe Generally, th...

signature importing to office
I am a new office user and have a lot of forms that were sent to me via e-mail in which I need to fill out numerous sections, which I have, and sign various pages also. Is there a way to import my signature ? I can type it in but would rather scan my signature and use it for present and future use. This will save time for I need to send this back via e-mail. thanks On 2/2/05 8:03 PM, in article 1107403097.189897.32170@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "iching" <james_renfro@msn.com> wrote: > I am a new office user and have a lot of forms that were sent to me via > e-ma...

Outlook keeps re installing an application
I distribute a freeware Visual Basic application which uses Wise installer. It has been install on 10s of thousands of PCs over three years with few problems. However, I have one user with Windows XP Pro and Office XP who has developed a problem. The freeware app was downloaded and installed and worked properly. Suddenly, various functions in office, such as clicking on a link in an email in outlook, or (I think) clicking the save button on Word launches the application installer. If we cancel the applicaition install or let it finish, it does not seem to make a difference, it keeps prompt...

OWA & Signatures
I am using Outlook Web Access with Exchange 2003. There is a signature option which allows you to add a signature (just like regular Outlook). However, when I tried to add my signature, Exchange came back and said that it was too large. Is the signature space allocation adjustable in Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003? How big is this thing? Try using a smaller font. On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:55:02 -0800, "Eschroeter" <Eschroeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Outlook Web Access with Exchange 2003. There is a signature >option which allows you to...

keeping track of messages
Where is the tracking tab? When you get notified that someone read your email aren't you supposed to receive a notification in your INBOX? I sent a message with the option to be notified and I have not yet received a notification. Why? 1) many users disable read receipts 2) Many ISPs do not allow it. "ShallyTally" <ShallyTally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54CA84F-97B3-4243-A5B0-96BBE0C70CBF@microsoft.com... : Where is the tracking tab? When you get notified that someone read your email : aren't you supposed to receive a notification in your I...

Not keeping a copy of mail on server
Hi, I've just setup a Microsoft Exchange account in Outlook 2003 and using Cached Exchange Mode but it seems that all my emails have downloaded locally to my PC. I thought the default behaviour was to keep a copy on the server? Thanks - Jamie. Hello Jamie, That's the idea of Exchange cached mode using Outlook 2003, that a local copy of your mailbox is held locally, and periodically updated from your mailbox on the Exchange server (5 minutes by default I believe). A server copy is still maintained by the Exchange server. HTH, Andrew "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hot...

Disk keeps filling up
Hello everyone... My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps filling up with files and making my disk full. The folder name is: D:\EXCHSRVR\IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE I can't for the life of me figure out why... Can anyone help me? Just write2me@daleallen.com www.daleallen.com Thanks in advance Dale Allen CCNA, MCSE, CNE On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:50:24 -0400, "Dale" <banana_pages@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello everyone... > >My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps >filling up with files and making my disk f...

moving a pivot table graph and keeping the formatting
When you move a pivot table graph to a new workbook the formatting will change. How can I keep the exact formating of the graph? Hi Mr Rick, Right-click the worksheet Tab, select 'Move or Copy' from the context menu. Then select another workbook and check the 'create a copy' option. The whole sheet will copy across, pivot tables will keep their formats. Hope you all had a great Christmas, and Happy New Year to you. Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com > When you move a pivot table graph to a new workbook the formatting will > change. How can I keep the exact formati...

Autocalculation keeps getting reset to manual
Hello, Every time I open Excel, the Automatic Calculation is set to manual. I go into Tools -> Options, click the Calculation tab and set it to Automatic. However, each time I reopen Excel it gets reset back to manual. It was working fine and then one I day Excel crashed and it hasn't been the same since. If it makes a difference, when I open Excel, it is opening a Personal.xls file, there are also some add-ins that I have. However, I never put any code to make it shut the Automatic Calculation off. Thank you for the help. -Gumbatman Calc mode is set by the first workbook opene...

Keep rows and columns in sequence
I have several Rows and Columns. I have each row become visible if a check is placed in an option box. If an entire row is not visable (no matter what row it may be). how do I get the rows under it to take its place so there is no blank rows. Example: .........Column 1.......Column 2............Column 3 1........XXX..............XXXX..................XXX. 2---If no check in check box then move row 3 into this spot so it is not blank! 3.........XXX..............XXX..............r...XXX. Here is what the code looks like to make the rows or fields visible.. 'Below is fired via the ...