Junk Mail Filters #3

Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new
junk mail filters in Outlook 2003

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Dave
0
anonymous (74722)

> Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new
> junk mail filters in Outlook 2003
>
> THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
>
> Dave

Dave, are you insane? They suck. I have several reasons why they suck. I
wish MS would fix it.
0
tk1 (11)

E-mail signatures in CRM 3.0
Hi I'm having problems with having my signature automatically appear when I'm sending e-mails through CRM. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this? Regards Halldor Hello Halldor, There is no possibility as far as I know to generate a Autosignature for sending e-mails thru the MS CRM Web-Client. But we are working on an Add-On which will do excatly this. Each user will have the possibility to define his own personal signature which will be added then automatically. We will release this product next week and if you are interesed please send me an email....

E-mail signatures
Is there a way to create a signature for a user to use in each e-mail that they send? Maybe a template? Thanks! Brent Bassett Hi Brent, If you go to Home/Settings/Template Manager/Email Templates and select Signature you will see its actually pretty much straight forward to create one. Just remember to make sure that the users should make sure their infomation should be in their profile otherwise the signature will miss some stuff. Hope this helps /M "Brent Bassett" wrote: > Is there a way to create a signature for a user to use in each e-mail that > they send? ...

Disable Mail Out of My Domain
How can I disable Exchange Users to Mail out of my domain?? http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm Dave wrote: > How can I disable Exchange Users to Mail out of my domain?? ...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Mail icon on taskbar in Outlook 2000
A user right clicked on the mail icon on the taskbar and disabled it and wants it back. In Outlook 2003 there is an option to add it back, I didn't see anything in Outlook 2000. Does anyone know how I would do this? I am thinking a reinstall/repair might do the trick but I was thinking there might be something else. Thanks ...

How to Route Outbound E-mail from the Exchange Server 5.5 to another server.
Hi. I'm implementing an e-mail filter software and I need to configure my Exchange Server to route outbound e-mail to the e-mail filter server. I went to the connection tap and changed the message delivery to : Forward all message to host : "My e-mail filter server ". I need to know if what I've done is correct ? Thank you for your help. Yes, that's where you make the change. Don't forget to restart the IMS in order to affect the change. -- hth, SusanV "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:uPVHjhl9DHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

Mail Enabled Users vs. Mail enabled contacts......
I am needing to create a distribution group in our GAL of external people for my AD users to email. What is the difference between Mail Enabled users vs Mail enabled contacts. I am not sure which one to use? HELP For external users, you need to create mail-enabled Contacts. Contacts exist only so they can show up in the Address Book/GAL (they can be hidden, though... ) and everyone in the Org can email them. Mail-enabled users are users that have mail residing on an external system - they are security principals and can log-on to the Domain - Contacts can't. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE...

Outlook Express Spell Check #3
I get the error: "An error occurred while spelling was being checked. I use W2K and MSWord '97. The spell check works in Word. Thank you Hellerjonathan@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get the error: "An error occurred while spelling was > being checked. > > I use W2K and MSWord '97. The spell check works in Word. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)
We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an intermittent basis. I've looked around on the interent and only finds articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5). Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks, KB when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail firewalls that do rev lookups etc. "KB" wrote: > We are getting messages sent back to user...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

picking up old mail from a popserver
I am moving from a Groupwise office which has popserver access to mail and want to use outlook to 'pop' in to collect all my mail from the server. However it only seems to pick up the recent mail. Even though the earlier mails have been marked as unread on the server. Is there a setting on the outlook client which will force it to pick up all unread mail on a server thanks Drew ...

Importing Excel mail merge data doc to outlook?
Does anyone know if this can be done for a start and if so, what needs to be done. I have tried the import/export - from excel wizard in outlook but have so far only managed to import a lot of entrys that end up as blank contacts. This leads me to believe that it can be done if the settings of the excel document are correct - i just need to figure out what the correct settings are??!!! ...

receiving mail that dosen't have a mailbox on my server
how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name, but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server please help "Brad Camden" <Bacamden@mississippilime.com> wrote: >how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name, >but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server > > >please help In E2K3 you can now do a directory lookup and deny inbound traffic for smtp addresses that aren't in AD. There are other solutions for the older versions of Exchange. What ya got? Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exc...

Problems with CRM 3.0 install
I'm sure that I've just done something idiotic, but I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the group. I've installed CRM 3.0 Small Business on SBS2003 Standard server. The install seemed to go ok, but I'm having the following problems that I can't seem to resolve: 1) I can connect from my laptop to the crm server via IE using http:<url>:5555, but I cannot get the installed version of the CRM client to work on my laptop. I keep getting the error message that it cannot communicate with the crm server. 2) From the CRM Web interface I can send an email directly to a ...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...

Prevent e-mail entrys from linking
I have need for entering multiple e-mails in a worksheet. While all automatically link, there are places where I do not want the links to take place--ever. Is there a way to prevent links in designated cells? Also, the cells are merged if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. Michael Hi, right click and choose remove hyperlink. or for more than one cell - click an empty cell choose copy, select all the hyperlinks you want removed and choose Edit, Paste Special, Add. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Michael Lanier" wrote: >...

Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features #3
Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the box re-appeared blank. I just found you can add the "Save and New" icon to the toolbar. In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: >...

E-mail link in Outlook message
Typed "vspautotheft@vsp.state.va.us" in an HTML Outlook message. It looked fine in the message but when recipients clicked on it, the e-mail address was changed to "vapautotheft@vsp.state.va.us"--just one character different but of course their e-mail was returned undeliverable. I looked at the source code in the original message and it was <a href="mailto:vapautotheft@vsp.state.va.us">vspautotheft@vs p.state.va.us</a> Does anyone know why or how this would happen and how to prevent it? Thanks. Yes, the link did exactly as it was told to d...

IF formulas #3
I have never created an If formula, but I assume that it is what I need. Here is what I am trying to do - I have a spread sheet with 4 worksheets The first page I have a column where I put the business managers initials and the following columns have info about production and sales The second worksheet I want it to pull all of RS's info and place it in summary for that particular person The third Worksheet is the same concept only with JB's info The last worksheet I am using as a "team summary" and I can do that one How do I get the 2nd & 3rd sheets to separate between ...

"Bad Mail" directory
My Excsrvc\mail root\vsi 1\BadMail directory is over 500Mb in size. Can I delete all these files? Is this something I should do periodically? What is the purpose of this directory and how are these files created? tks, steve Yes you can delete them. They are effectively NDRs that cannot be returned. Microsoft provides a script to automatically purge this folder - see the first download here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/05/lots_of_goodies.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "sjs" <anony...

Number of worksheets #3
I am using Excel 97. Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets, but I have a workbook which has over 400 worksheets! Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what are the implications if any? If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute maximum number os worksheets it could hold? -- Mark The number of WSs is limited only by the memory on your machine. That 255 number is just the number of sheets that can be created in a new WB *automatically*. Try this: Set the option to 255 sheets for a new WB. Open that new WB. Right...

Where are copies of e-mails that I've sent?
I just switched to Outlook 2000 (the old version, I realize), and can't find a file or cache of "Messages You've Sent." I assume there is one! Please advise, friends. Thanks, Stuart The default location is the Sent Items folder. Make sure you are viewing the folder list and you should find it easily. You can also drag and drop your Sent Items folder to your Outlook Bar if it's something you access regularly. Hope this helps. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes...

mail stuck in the outbox
does anyone experience mail getting stuck in the outbox in Outlook 2003, If i need to open the email before it gets sent. It seems to lose it's date (it turns to NONE) and then never leaves the outbox. The solution is to open the email, move to view the inbox and then hit send again. I'm just wondering if anyone else goes thru this. thanks This is normal. It allows you to "stop" an e-mail from being sent if you catch it in time. You do not need to change the view back to inbox, just open the mail and click send. Then don't open it if you want it to send. &...